• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gunsmith Cats

This was a really well done 3 part OVA series, probably the best looking gun fights I've ever seen in an anime. The story was really well paced and felt like a movie broken up into 3 parts. Had a great balance of action, comedy, fan service, and plot that really just made everything come together. 4.5/5 really was a blast to watch

Inari Kon Kon , Koi Iroha - 05

woah woah ..

What was this episode ? what was this ending ? was this a sh*t hit the fan moment ?
is my yuri couple becoming a triangle ?

Joe Molotov

Lupin the 3rd (1971) 1-6
I'm not even at the Takahata or Miyazaki episodes and I already love this. I think the Goemon introductory episode was my favorite so far. Some episodes have a distinct visual charisma, while others show their age a bit more, but they're all a good time.

I recently watched Lupin III Part 1, and it was so much better than I'd expected. I was expecting it to be pretty rough and have like Speed Racer-tier animation, but it actually looked pretty good occasional and it was a lot of fun to watch. Also, ass and titties.

Narag

Lupin the 3rd (1971) 1-6
I'm not even at the Takahata or Miyazaki episodes and I already love this. I think the Goemon introductory episode was my favorite so far. Some episodes have a distinct visual charisma, while others show their age a bit more, but they're all a good time.

Masaaki Osumi's influence. Dragoon En Regalia had a lot of nice input about that when I went through the first season.

Gintama 109-110 The Month of Katsura Trolling part 1

Holy shit, both of these were gold in different ways.

LETS INFILTRATE KATSURA'S FACTION! Except there's tests filled with trolling and maid cafes. Also Jackie Chan.

...and being in prison!

Will admit, even if the story Katsura told in prison was fake, it gave me feels.
but that glorious fucking ending. That ENDING

The World God Only Knows II 04

pLTObH5.jpg

Lots of zombies.

All those expectations to live up to for Haqua. That isn't easy at all.

Good episode. One of the more serious ones with less comedy.

Link Man

Banned
Engaged to the Unidentified 5

Welp, the cat's out of the bag, folks!

i3RyJv3V4oU50.png

i1BAjCH54mWbO.png

iZnutEcgOB1o7.png

We get to meet Hakuya's and Mashiro's mother! And learn some secrets! The show has
supernatural
elements!

ioPyMaHU61hgL.png

Well, it was still a fun episode. Quite funny as well.

Gazoinks

Clannad: After Story Harder 8

This episode started kind of slow, but it turned into I think my favorite so far. Good feels. Nice to flesh out a character who was pretty unimportant previously. I'm not sure whether it's good or bad that all the miniscule side characters are better than the main girls in Clannad. :p

My only problem with this episode was
everyone being knocked out by food. Could they not think of a better way of getting Tomoya into the ring? It felt too silly for the rest of the scene.

Clannad: After Story Harder 8

My only problem with this episode was
everyone being knocked out by food. Could they not think of a better way of getting Tomoya into the ring? It felt too silly for the rest of the scene.

It's a jokey reference to one of the other Key games/animes. I thought it was funny, but I can see how one could find it silly.

Vito

Banned
For over two years drop has been posting scans and Arti jumps in after he sees they get attention. And 10 minutes after get posted so he started stalking drop's page, lol , try had.

Crocodile

Gunsmith Cats

I watched this years ago but mostly forgot what had happened. A fun OVA with a nice Hollywood/American flair. You can tell the team really did their research on Chicago. More anime need to take place outside of Japan.

Riding Bean

This was 80's as fuck with the OST to back it up. Odd to see a Japanese team pay for English songs (good English) for this one of OVA but I liked it. Plot and characters were kind of nonsensical (like why was Bean super powered?) but it was fun enough.

Space Dandy 7

post-29824-R-Kelly-WTF-WHAT-gif-DAFUQ-Tra-WRJC.gif

DA BEST

Articalys

Happinesscharge Precure 3

I'm liking this. I'm liking this a lot.

Also I don't know if I should be proud or ashamed that I've watched enough anime that I could roughly translate the majority of that conversation at the end of the episode, or at least the "RENAI KINSHI" part.

Articalys

@Arti: Glad you're liking HapCha so far.
I mean, what drove me away from Smile was Candy being useless and the fights being largely beamspam, and from Doki was Mana being too perfect and Ai-chan, so for the time being it doesn't look like HapCha will have any similar negative elements, plus we somehow have a boy in a supporting role almost right from the start (though his screentime will probably decrease as Fortune and Honey join the team).

Stuff can easily still go wrong, but right now? This is fantastic. And the reaction faces are gold.

Thoraxes

Another Aniplex US annoucement:

Nekomonogatari White is coming out as a Blu-ray set on June 24! Same preorder start date as Neko Black.

edit: turnaround time of 7 months from the last JP BD for the arc... not bad.

Good pricing too. Will buy both. Looks like they come with all the goodies I want.

I mean, what drove me away from Smile was Candy being useless and the fights being largely beamspam, and from Doki was Mana being too perfect and Ai-chan, so for the time being it doesn't look like HapCha will have any similar negative elements, plus we somehow have a boy in a supporting role almost right from the start (though his screentime will probably decrease as Fortune and Honey join the team).

Stuff can easily still go wrong, but right now? This is fantastic. And the reaction faces are gold.

Right. Fighting definitely wasn't Smile's (or Doki for that matter) forte. Candy did sort of become useful but there's other things that might get in the way.

But yeah, in the meantime, HapCha is good stuff. Right now, it's not really hurting in the same way as the other two, but I guess it'll take time to really see the issues since it's too soon to make a call.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Space Dandy 07
It was a pretty low intensity race. I think it would've helped if the music was better, but honestly it's kinda junk, and on top of the super weak voice acting the audio just really underwhelms. This weak we had Prince, who was just completely miscast. For as rad as the absurdity can be it doesn't really mean much when it only lasts a minute and you have to dredge through twenty some minutes of not comedy.

Good pricing too. Will buy both. Looks like they come with all the goodies I want.

Unless you want the character commentaries, which seem to be absent in both sets yet again like Nisemonogatari's AoA release. I like commentaries as much as the next person, but I will probably only watch such bonuses once and the lack of this content definitely would not stop me from purchasing these great sets.

Westlo

nnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooo

Is it that much to have 2D mechs now?

With traditional 2d mecha animators being a dying breed no point in expecting any 2d mechas from anyone but Sunrise and Bones.

There's a whole video I love of the images changing in response to each episode of Gurren Lagann

fmRyYnS.jpg

Some of the best ones I saw were for Penguindrum, when they had the one with The Game I was legit #dead.

Not going to happen. She was the one who taught Kagami and Tatsuya. If I remember correctly her role gets smaller after her first appearance

Pretty sure he reads the manga, he's just hoping for less female representation for obvious reasons.

Dresden

I don't understand why some people want to make posting news into some kind of internet fight.

Imagine a world where people posted news that just interested them and there was no drama relating to the posting of it at all.

e: Also, do we really need an update for every Newtype/Nyantype scan that gets put out?

Gazoinks

Bakemonogatari 6

Everything was going along being Monogatari
and then a hooded dude (monkey?) shows up and beats up Arararararagi. I totally didn't see that coming given how static the show's been so far.

Crab is one betrayal away from going full yandere.
Is this the yandere arc?

Imagine a world where people posted news that just interested them and there was no drama relating to the posting of it at all.

I choose not to live in fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom