• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
GaoGaiGar - 31

WHAT THE SHIT.

NO SERIOUSLY. WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL JUST HAPPENED HERE?!?

EVERYONE AT 3G IS DEAD (apparently, Volfogg was too, I hold out hope)

WAS THAT PIZZA AND PENCHINON? MY MIND IS FULL OF WHAT RIGHT NOW.

So much for the happy ending of the last episode! Like, I knew shit would get real seeing as the title was "Farewell GGG". I was ready for that. What I wasn't ready for was for them getting Independence Day'd!

Gintama 121 Monster Hunter arc

We seriously have a Monster Hunter arc?

More importantly, the Odd Jobs are screwed
kneeslap

Poor Gintoki, he gained a metaphorical vagina as a result

Narag

GaoGaiGar - 31

WHAT THE SHIT.

NO SERIOUSLY. WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL JUST HAPPENED HERE?!?

EVERYONE AT 3G IS DEAD (apparently, Volfogg was too, I hold out hope)

WAS THAT PIZZA AND PENCHINON? MY MIND IS FULL OF WHAT RIGHT NOW.

So much for the happy ending of the last episode! Like, I knew shit would get real seeing as the title was "Farewell GGG". I was ready for that. What I wasn't ready for was for them getting Independence Day'd!

No one is ever ready for
Soldato J showing up like a boss

Theonik

The Lodoss BD image galleries are pretty great:
iSlzY52qBtFM0.png
iob7IH3Jt4ZnO.png
Dat gundam

Theonik

That reminds me, when I watching the Katsucon Aniplex panel yesterday, as they were going through their recent releases, they were asking the audience what they liked about each show. When they got to Vividred and asked the question, I swear I heard one guy there yell out "The butts!"
Damn exposed... Bail out! Bail out!

cnet128

Banned
That reminds me, when I watching the Katsucon Aniplex panel yesterday, as they were going through their recent releases, they were asking the audience what they liked about each show. When they got to Vividred and asked the question, I swear I heard one guy there yell out "The butts!"

The only correct answer. At least there was one honest person in the audience!

Theonik stole my joke so yeah, they're correct!

Acosta

Log Horizon 20

hahaha, did Shiroe...

hack the game?

This series is getting more and more awesome each episode, I love how consistent it is

Am I weird if I listen to anime songs on my way to classes in my headphones? Like the Attack on Titan OST's, Cowboy Bebop, and Un-GO's ED?

I'm at the gym sweating balls on the elliptical surrounded by plenty of physically fit and attractive people while listening to the Milky Holmes OP on my iphone.

Nobody gives a shit, dude. Not like they could hear it anyway.

DominoKid

Kuroko's Basketball S2 19

When they pan out and show everyone dead from Riko's food, I love that Kagami left Kuroko laying outside instead of carrying him indoors.

Wonder what new shit Kagami will come up with.

jman2050

Anime, games, Queen, Michael Jackson, Various classical works, Daft Punk, etc etc. I'll blast it all in my car or at home or on my iPhone.

Nothing like following up Don't Stop Me Now with Yes! Yuyuyu Yuru Yuri. You ninnies!

cnet128

Banned
Nobunagun 7

Shio in military otaku heaven! This totally made up for the complete lack of Shio last episode.

Also, sukumizu Shio get. Bonus!

Phi brian puzzle of god S3 - 20

Ah ah orpheus .. you're vilain ..but you're qiute evil ...
So evll in fact that i like him ..Aside from nonoha , i'm pretty sure Nobody in this universe i capable to resist this "trick" , even more impressive is the fact that
i'm pretty sure that Orpheus is faking makata jin just to push ratseal in the situation he wants ... otherwise this last scene doesn't make sense , nor the fake flashback

Yes i think the fake flashback was orpheus and the second was jin

The puzzle this week was a major disapointment however ..the trick was obvious and the lack of time limit made the suspense quite void.

Indeed the best puzzles in phi brain are the duel puzzles followed closely by the fool+ time attack puzzles( all the gusha puzzles are time attack based after all )

This is not to say that the vision wasn't good , it was , in fact it's probably a main plot element in the mess the heroes are in ..in fact i liked it. i guess i'll have to wait for next week for a puzzle that remind me of the one jikugawa made in S2, except bigger.

Another thing is that phi brain S3 actually forshadowed near perfectly the whole season in his opening ...i'm scared to look for more clues because they are crazy enough to have put endings tips in it.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
You're not really anime until you're singing along.

I KNOW YOU ARE HERO
IN YOUR LIFE
I KNOW I AM HERO
IN MY LIFE

Am I weird if I listen to anime songs on my way to classes in my headphones? Like the Attack on Titan OST's, Cowboy Bebop, and Un-GO's ED?

DON'T LOSE YOUR WAAAAAAAAAAY

I used to be the guy who listened to anime mp3s in places outside of the confines of my own home. I ain't that guy anymore.

I listen to the Clannad OST all the time because I'm a gangster and that's how I roll, son.
I also listen to death metal loud and often too so there's that.

Anime, games, Queen, Michael Jackson, Various classical works, Daft Punk, etc etc. I'll blast it all in my car or at home or on my iPhone.

Nothing like following up Don't Stop Me Now with Yes! Yuyuyu Yuru Yuri. You ninnies!

Well in my car, my playlist consist of :
-Touhou remixes
-Vocaloid songs
-Anime songs
-Daft punk
-Jamiroquai.

i don't care what people think.

cnet128

Banned
Space Dandy 7

The music in this episode was so good. Felt like I was playing an F-Zero game.

Also obligatory LOLWAT at the ending.

Urusei Yatsura - 11~32
gteF3C1.jpg

Mendou introduction was awesome.
The two of them.

The best way to describe the show is the first ending...
"Let's put weird and weird together and make it even weirder."
Sakura is the extreme trope of eating and not getting fat.
TL NOTE: Mendou means trouble. I can't quite hear Ataru as Sakamoto, but Mendou and Benten, there's no way to mistaken them.
Even if we can label Ataru as an asshole, it was in the blood.
Ataru gets his date diary from Deus Ex Machina. And Mendou is Ataru if he wasn't poor, ugly and etc.
vGis6Nu.jpg

Am I back to Maison Ikkoku? PARUTO, PARUTO! Did Mitaka get this live even one time?
They had the chance of getting hid of Ataru, and the mother stopped then, why oh why!?
Because on season 2 episode 25 he did something nice...and it didn't even revolve around a pretty girl, how can I hate his guts? >____<
But before that we had an underground prince(was he Yotsuya?), the Dragon palace castle sucks, and body switchs hijinks with earmuffs.
The earmuffs affected this little guy more than anything.
This date with Sakura, the florist, and being cute when
he lost his horn, and couldn't keep his mouth shut about Lum omiai.
But I like Ten, becuase he is a "good" boy.
There's a lot of japanese and some western stories references here, most of them are pretty nice. Episode 32 was better than Smile Precure!

But Ataru and Shinobu are strange, he wants a harem goes after every girl, but the one who cares about him he don't want(
Our not? Because he goes to her omiai to end it up.
) and Shinobu wants to get closer to Mendou but still is jealous about Ataru. Or is this the last time...

I really like the new normal format of the episodes, I was getting sleepy at the second parts before and watching it later(It happened whit Hozuki no reitetsu too.). And for some reason my brothers love Jariten...???

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Chuunibyou 11

Man, seeing Dekamori
break down in Nibutani's arms
gave me all sorts of feels. And of course the
train station
scene at the end.

Now on to the last episode of S1!

Gintama 122-123 Monster Hunter arc

God damn it Katsura, that's not the right kind of DRIVERS!

Shinpachi was like... the only person to have his avatar look anything like him...
man Kondo lost his dick and it was offered to Hijikata and Sogo

What a glorious ending though.

Articalys

Noragami 7

Yato. Did you just leave a binbougami in charge of a shop?

No wonder nobody trusts you >.>
I just remembered, another nice little detail in the episode was
being able to see Kofuku's reflection in the ladle in the split-second before Yato smacked her over the head with it

It has been a while since I posted in GAF, life is kinda of busy right now. So I stopped watching all my animus for a while and now I'm on catching up on everything.

Quick impressions:

Witchcraft Works 4~6
Ugly CG aside, I quite enjoy the weird styling. Besides that, this series has a lot of things that I usually hate (annoying sister, generic guy) but for some reason I like it. I guess the ending is hypnotizing me.

Buddy Complex 3~5
Yeah... no. Not really enjoying this one, feels like I've watched this generic mecha setting a bajillion times. I thought that the time travel aspect would be more fleshed out but I guess not. I'll try to watch one more episode but I'm probably dropping it.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Urusei Yatsura - 11~32

The best way to describe the show is the first ending...
"Let's put weird and weird together and make it even weirder."
Sakura is the extreme trope of eating and not getting fat.
TL NOTE: Mendou means trouble. I can't quite hear Ataru as Sakamoto, but Mendou and Benten, there's no way to mistaken them.
Even if we can label Ataru as an asshole, it was in the blood.

Ataru gets his date diary from Deus Ex Machina. And Mendou is Ataru if he wasn't poor, ugly and etc.

They had the chance of getting hid of Ataru, and the mother stopped then, why oh why!?
Because on season 2 episode 25 he did something nice...and it didn't even revolve around a pretty girl, how can I hate his guts? >____<
But before that we had an underground prince(was he Yotsuya?), the Dragon palace castle sucks, and body switchs hijinks with earmuffs.
The earmuffs affected this little guy more than anything.

This date with Sakura, the florist, and being cute when
he lost his horn, and couldn't keep his mouth shut about Lum omiai.
But I like Ten, becuase he is a "good" boy.
There's a lot of japanese and some western stories references here, most of them are pretty nice. Episode 32 was better than Smile Precure!

But Ataru and Shinobu are strange, he wants a harem goes after every girl, but the one who cares about him he don't want(
Our not? Because he goes to her omiai to end it up.
) and Shinobu wants to get closer to Mendou but still is jealous about Ataru. Or is this the last time...

I really like the new normal format of the episodes, I was getting sleepy at the second parts before and watching it later(It happened whit Hozuki no reitetsu too.). And for some reason my brothers love Jariten...???
It took a while for me too to start enjoying this show, but it does find a nice groove for itself in the 20's. I didn't like Jariten at first either but he's a solid addition to the cast, at least there's no cast ruining character in Urusei Yatsura compared to Ranma 1/2 after Happosei showed up.
i still like Ranma 1/2 better though

Andrew J.

Bold prediction:

Space Dandy and Kill-la-kill will take the #1 and #2 spots in the AOTY 2014 poll, respectively.

We'll see if I'm right in ~11 months.

Urusei Yatsura - 33

NlSpLIC.jpg

A new teacher, the first thing the class does to him? They just tried to kill him. He's pretty cool. And Lums enters the school too, I prefer her in normal clothes than the tiger striped bikini.

cnet128

Banned
Buddy Complex 7

I have to admit, this was for the most part the most generic and uninteresting episode we've had so far. The only interesting new element was the analysis of why Aoba can couple with anyone he likes, and the implications thereof, but even that was mostly just reaffirming what we could deduce from stuff we've already seen.

However, the end of the episode was exactly the turn of events I've been waiting for.
With Aoba and Hina hurtling to the ground together, it looks like we're going to finally see them being forced to interact outside of a combat scenario, which means things can finally start moving forward.

I find it amusing that the name of the next episode, "Arashi no Yoru", is almost exactly the same as the title of Arashi no Yoru ni, the well-known children's book/movie/anime about natural enemies forming an unlikely friendship. Sounds suspiciously...appropriate.

Shergal

Heidi, Girl of the Alps 2
In terms of the overall tone of the show, it reminds me of K-On!, lol. Which actually brings back a comment from Toshiyuki Inoue talking about K-On! where he referred to Heidi as the closest show to it.

Well, Heidi is very much the original and quintessential slice of life anime. It basically pioneered the approach, as well as a bunch of other stuff. Heidi herself actually reminds me of Yui, with the difference that Heidi is 5 years old and acts her age lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom