• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You mean the game that's 792p(?) on XBone and can't even manage a consistent 60fps?
1200p @ 60fps for me!

The PC version is the pure, waifu version.
Fall of Titans, Rise of Waifus.

Actually, I was talking about this in the IRC, but Titanfall is really what an Attack on Titan game would play like. You even have moments where you jump on the Titans and shoot them in the neck to kill them.

The only difference is that Titanfall doesn't have secret basements full of polar bears and one pieces.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I really hope there's another indefinite twist waiting for them when they get to the basement. Like, it contains a map to another basement on the other side of the world that they can't get to unless they build an airplane out of Titan bodies and catapult it across the wall.

Pfft, Titanfall.

Everyone knows EDF 2025 is the only game with giant robots that matters.
If all machines are inherently female by tradition, and you can play as a female character, that makes Titanfall the first :SDBurton-esque game involving woman on mech action. All EDF has are bugs!

Narag

I really hope there's another indefinite twist waiting for them when they get to the basement. Like, it contains a map to another basement on the other side of the world that they can't get to unless they build an airplane out of Titan bodies and catapult it across the wall

Thank you, Eren! But your father's secret is in another basement!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Thank you, Eren! But your father's secret is in another basement!
What if Attack on Titan was actually a next gen virtual reality game made by Nintendo that Kirito tests after finishing Gun Gale Online? Then in the real world, Kirito is suddenly able to Spiderman has way across Japan and do upside-down kisses with Asuna while his pseudo-sister watches.

Gintama 127

Writing letters is so damn complicated for Hypocritical Shinpachi! Gotta gather up the Shinsengumi bros to help out!

....of course everyone is deceptive
get your penis under control Kondo.

Narag

What if Attack on Titan was actually a next gen virtual reality game made by Nintendo that Kirito tests after finishing Gun Gale Online? Then in the real world, Kirito is suddenly able to Spiderman has way across Japan and do upside-down kisses with Asuna while his pseudo-sister watches.

I would applaud the franchise tie-in and the give no fucks attitude towards the fanbase.

cajunator

Banned
DON'T LOSE YOUR WAAAAAAAAAAY

I used to be the guy who listened to anime mp3s in places outside of the confines of my own home. I ain't that guy anymore.

same. Music is music. I dont blast it because thats rude but I play it at an audible volume to others.

That reminds me, when I watching the Katsucon Aniplex panel yesterday, as they were going through their recent releases, they were asking the audience what they liked about each show. When they got to Vividred and asked the question, I swear I heard one guy there yell out "The butts!"

edit: okay, yep, that's what it was. Skip to about the 37:00 timestamp here: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/43854952

Vividred was so much fun. Its a huge shame that its not on bluray yet. I would have it by now.

Well in my car, my playlist consist of :
-Touhou remixes
-Vocaloid songs
-Anime songs
-Daft punk
-Jamiroquai.

i don't care what people think.

Mine has anime music, racing game music (early nfs games), various world bands, classic rock, 90s rock, vocaloid remixes, classical and neo classical, and reggae. Lots and lots of reggae.

Jewelpet Happiness 11

OwyeP6W.jpg

fLksyiX.jpg

9O5rKcX.jpg

No comment.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
The reactions to Space Dandy are pretty amusing. Every episode is either the best or worst so far. It's rare to see such a consistently divisive show.
when the bar is so low it's easy for every new episode to be the best.

did you make this up while knowing the content of the 3rd big arc ? or was this a wild guess ?

you're not so far

Gintama 128

Sogo pls. What the hell did you do?

Also a lot of blood type bashing which led to someone attempting suicide, which was prevented at least for good end.

I'm expecting some more recurring characters now.

Gintama 129

Right before the eyecatch, I got pissed, and it nearly ruined the episode for me.

If it wasn't for Katsura and constantly referring to the pets as cuddly balls of flesh while looking adorable doing so, this would've been unsalvagable for me.

Although considering this is an arc, I'm not exactly fond of it already.

GaoGaiGar - 32

Yay, everyone's alive!

Yeesh, 3G couldn't do a thing against the Primevals. Suddenly finishing off the Zonders and being forced into a fight with the Primevals is like jumping from playing a Mario game to playing Dark Souls. With Kinect. So yeah, kind of a huge difficulty spike that ?Pizza? (I'm assuming it's him, he does look kind of different) had to take down for them.

Shit has gotten absolutely real at this point. This really does feel like TTGL before its time.
What with them going into space and all.

Gintama 130

I think... the extent of the general craziness really should've been dialed back for these particular two episodes, because it felt like additional bloat. For the sections I took a shine to, which was far less comedic:

xaRfCQc.jpg

First one in Gintama to really get me like that.

Gazoinks

Bakemonogatari 7

Yuri
angst. Good episode, Monkey is fun, and it's nice that this arc also develops Crab more.
I'm actually surprised they came out and said "I'm a lesbian", since it seems a lot more common in anime to just heavily imply it but never actually say it.

Also she sold her soul. So that will end well.

Quasar

This is how the anime of the year voting will go:

1. Mushishi
2. Watanabe's serious show
3. Ping Pong

Movie:

1. Princess Kaguya

It's all scripted, you dudes may as well not vote.

I don't even know if I'll watch them.

And you know...given the Madoka film wasn't votable last year I would have thought that would get plenty of votes.

Won't Wind Rises split the Ghibli vote?

Articalys

Should have watched Girls und Panzer so he'd know how not to choke in the biggest international competition.
To be fair, that video was just before the 2011 Japan Open, where he did place 1st. Power of K-On indeed.

He hasn't uploaded anything to his YouTube account since, so who knows what he watched before going to Russia. Clearly it wasn't enough though.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
To be fair, that video was just before the 2011 Japan Open, where he did place 1st. Power of K-On indeed.

He hasn't uploaded anything to his YouTube account since, so who knows what he watched before going to Russia. Clearly it wasn't enough though.

Must have gone on a Pretty Rhythm binge.

Link Man

Banned
Arakawa 13

ibcrC9B0NMhJvR.png

Well, that was a fun way to end the season. Hey, it worked for Grease, right?

Overall, if you like wacky, over-the-top comedies, this might just be for you. It will play with your expectations, and then reverse them into something even more absurd. And the show has tons of heart and honest emotion as well, though even the heartfelt scenes aren't immune to absurdist humor. If there's one complaint I can levy at the show, it's that many of the characters seem pretty one-note, but they can still surprise you depending on the situation. So give it a try, you should be able to tell whether you'll like it after a few episodes.

ilAD2OBilOAgH.png

Narag

Everyone stop moving and look around you. Apparently madp lost his avatar again and we should keep an eye out for it.

Westlo

Space Dandy 01 First couple of mins

Some of the realest shit ever spoken in any anime.

Read or Die is something I can only describe as lovely. I'm not sure if I should admit I liked the OVA more than the series but the OVA was something I experienced early in my watching of anime and thought it was great. Stunning animation and the the ability to manipulate paper in the way of which Yomiko does is nothing short of creative.

I thought more people preferred the OVA over the tv series by far, or that was the impression I got anyway back in the day.

We haven't had someone wanting to know where that gif was from in a while.

What gif?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom