• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theonik

You're the lowest of low trying to sway me with ship pics!! No fair!! If anything this just shows that Makoto x Yukiho should be in a group!

Still gotta disagree, Azusa brings the cute (and her voice provides that with this song) while Takane has that smooth regal voice with Chihaya being the vocal stunner that can shut the clubs down. Makoto definitely has her aces but being "cute" effortlessly is not one of them. Takane as lead is a definite, but I'd have Makoto replaced before even thinking about touching Chihaya. :p
That would be unfair I agree. I simply meant to post pictures of Makoto in suave suits! Though I must still disagree. Makoto is inherently cute and that voice is just icing on the cake! Makoto is both the best bride and groom in one! How can you not swoon? HOW?!

I forgot that Makoto shared my birthday. She is definitely one of my favorites
Best girl <3 I usually switch to a Makoto avatar every few months :3
You are good people. Also Nafe now has recorded your birthday.

Gintama 166

You see, when two guys are handcuffed together, they have to plan how to strategically shit.... Japanese toilets being something else entirely... that' being said. I know Hijikata likes mayo on things, BUT HE EVEN PUTS MAYO IN HIS FUCKING COFFEE!?

RpRJfjM.jpg

RpRJfjM.jpg

RpRJfjM.jpg
Keep in mind that the mayo in japanese is a lot sweeter than the mayonaise you're probably accustomed to.
It still becomes a painfull mess in the end but you can probably drink/eat it if you want something very sweet and don't mind the rest.

Just finished Monogatari. I want more Monogatari.
Welcome to the waiting club.

You can't produce any of the Ryugu girls ever in the main mode, alas. PS3 players do, at least, get access to a short-story mode in which they can assist with their production. It's ot the same as being able to produce them in the full game, though.

Yeah , i'm not surprised since i was aware of this but ... the thing that still surprised me after patching (1.02)

So many dlcs
So many DLCS

Gbraga

I woke up this morning, and while I was taking a shower I remembered Samumenco 17 and I was laughing like a mad man.

Nanomachines, son!

cajunator

Banned

I love the vampire song videos. Takane and Makoto are the main ingredients and you can interchange the other one and it still works.

Well here is the same with azusa instead of Chihaya. Not as good imo.
Also it's better when it's Takane - Makoto - x rather than Makoto - Takane - x imo

Agreed. Takane is more suited to this particular song. And shes so ELEGANT <3

Golden Time 18

Koko is such a creepy stalker. We already knew that of course, and still love her. <3

Also, the preview last week lead me to believe more would "happen" in Banri's hometown for the reunion.

Although, we got this awesome nugget.

xgo61LZ.gif

xD

I would let Koko stalk me. Shes pretty harmless. Unless this show has a
school days
end. In which case it would be legend lol.

Gbraga

Oh, and Samumenco made me forget to comment, but Mikakunin 6 was soooooooooo cuuuuuuuuuuuuute.
Seems like Mashiro is finally giving in to Benio's charm. Please let her pet your head.

It really sucks that crunchyroll was being shitty to me when I was watchinig so my emotions were varying from extreme happyness to RAAAAAAAAAAAGE when it kept freezing.

Best OP this season, easily.

cajunator

Banned
Yo! What happened to my fellow GAFfers who were watching Angel Beats and Clannad. Could've sworn that like 3 people were interested in starting Angel Beats, started it and had full intentions to continue watching it. Hmmm.... :,(

Im sure somebody will finish it out of the three.

Higurashi 26

WHAT.

WHAT. THAT'S NOT HOW YOU END THIS SHIT. THAT IS NOT HOW YOU JUST STOP A SHOW.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Ahahahahaha. Watch S2. Unfortunately it wasnt licensed soooo I dunno how.

Burn Up! Scramble Episode 1:

What the fuck did they do to Burn Up! here? Good god, if Tenchi Muyo GXP didn't exist I would call this the prime exemplar of how the mid-2000s were kind of a shitty time for anime. At the very least it turned a fun if fairly shallow, which its moments of pathos mind you, and turn it into a dull, drab, soulless, downright mean-spirited mess.I had my issues with Rio and Maya in previous incarnations, but these people are downright horrible. Also Yuji has lost the loveable part of the lovable pervert and just comes across as a creepy stalker oozing false sincerity. I might drop this here and now, I dunno, see how I feel in the morning.

BURN UP MY HEART

Golden Time 1

Well.... Hmmmmm.....

First off JC Staff. Not the biggest fan. I feel their art/animation can be a little bland and washed out. During Little Busters it always annoyed me. Here it's not so bad but I could've told you it was JC Staff without looking at the credits. Thankfully the characters themselves are quite colorful so it kind off offsets some of the blandness.

Onto the show itself, I think unlike many other anime (at least from what I have seen in the first episode) it actually has quite a nice balance between comedy and drama. Almost Clannad levels of that perfect balance. Which is nice. Which leads me into it's pacing which it also does well. It advances the story enough to make you feel like you being moved along rather than only just being introduced to everyone in the first episode and to set up plot.

It's also nice for once that the characters are not in high school but instead are in college. THANK YOU ANIME GODS!!!

Other then that I don't know if I can extrapolate anymore from this episode except that cliffhanger. I detect sadness lane up ahead.

Ohhhh man. You started a crazy one. Koko is the most pleasant stalked youll ever see. Somehow she is incredibly clingy yet still the most adorable girl ever. I dunno how she does it. But there are some elements of this show that are absolutely aggravating but stick with it! Also see if you can find the miss Monochrome cameo XD

cajunator

Banned
Thanks. I guess I will try updating Adobe Flash again and see if any old versions are still in my HDD that should have been uninstalled already. Hopefully I can get that lone episode running soon.

It crashes for me nearly every time as well. Not sure what the reason is really. Its been like that on three different computers.
Maybe something with the site coding.

Working!! 1-4

Wow, this a seriously good adaptation. At times I forget this was originally a 4-koma manga with very simple art. The voice actors are good, the timing of the jokes is great and the animation quality and art style are occasionally noticeably above what this show required to work. Fuck, Imami-san pulls out a Hajime no Ippo punch once in a while

Oh man. working is so good. season two is even better because Yamada exists.

Taruranto

Yo! What happened to my fellow GAFfers who were watching Angel Beats and Clannad. Could've sworn that like 3 people were interested in starting Angel Beats, started it and had full intentions to continue watching it. Hmmm.... :,(

Maybe they regained their sanity? I dunno.

cajunator

Banned
That would be unfair I agree. I simply meant to post pictures of Makoto in suave suits! Though I must still disagree. Makoto is inherently cute and that voice is just icing on the cake! Makoto is both the best bride and groom in one! How can you not swoon? HOW?!

You are good people. Also Nafe now has recorded your birthday.

Makoto has a truly unique ability.

God damn it, anime.

image.php

Hell I would a Makoto and I wont anything.

Nordicus

Oh man. working is so good. season two is even better because Yamada exists.
I dislike Yamada, actually. There's leech, and then there's Yamada

God damn it, anime.
Ohoho mate, anime has nothing to do with it. Gloomy-looking messy girl in black clothes? Instant bonus points for a metalhead like me

The whole Wagnaria/Working thing confuses me, but it's on my backlog for some time. Nice to read good things about it.
It is thoroughly enjoyable. Adorable intro too

Pocket Monsters Diamond and Pearl 182:
Really nice to see a lot of Satoshi's old Pokemon again. I'm glad that he's going to use them some in the tournament, although I hope that his Shinou Pokemon can still get some of the best moments since it would be pretty lame to come all this way and then get shelved. But it was a lot of fun to see everyone together, and HInoarashi's evolution really surprised me. It would have been nicer if that had happened back in, oh, 2000 or so, but it was a cool moment and the music was great during that scene. Satoshi being matched up with Naoshi right off the bat sets up some good fights right from the start.

CorvoSol

And I would like to take this opportunity to clarify the revelations delivered here, because while the original VN made it quite explicit, this adaptation left out most of the detail, and the nature of what exactly Keiichi
remembered
is quite easy to miss as a result.

In short,
yes, the whole of Onikakushi-hen was driven heavily by unreliable narrator. None of Keiichi's friends were ever out to get him, and most of the "horror" in that first arc was derived from his mounting paranoia making him take their innocent pranks for something far more sinister. The infamous ohagi actually just contained Tabasco sauce - he mistook the sting of it and the red colouring for blood and convinced himself that it contained a needle; it's only natural that he was never able to find the needle afterwards. And when he woke up to see Mion and Rena trying to "inject" him at the end right before he murdered them, there was never a syringe - it was just a marker pen that they were going to use to draw on him as the "penalty" for failing the challenge they had set him earlier.

WHAT. WHAT. WHAT. WHAT. My brain can't take the knowledge you are dropping. Da fuck happens to
Shion during arc 2
?

God damn it, anime.

In my defense, the Pirotess vs Deedlit thing is mostly just a joke.

Ojamajo Doremi Na-i-sho - Episode 3: Aiko's Secret.

An Aiko episode without any mention of the mum and dad's relationship. Nope this was all about swimming and how Aiko was terrible at it, the pre OP scene for this was hilarious with Aiko being beat by a kid in a swim ring while she wasn't moving at all.

Another episode about people thinking too much about winning. Didn't make it any better that the other kids blamed Aiko for making everyone take part in the swim race even though she worked harder to train for this than anyone else.

Oh well, at least she can swim now.

Nordicus

Haibane Renmei 7-9

Oh god, the Feel Train has started moving and it is accelerating like mad. I'M SCARED GUYS!

Oh no, Rakka's feathers are slowly turning black as if diseased and she's cutting them to hide it!

OH NO, in her depression, she went wandering in the woods, following the crows!

OH NONONO, she fell down the well, sprained her ankle and can't climb out!

Oh wow, the Toga at least aren't complete assholes and helped her despite whatever taboo might have been broken there. That Communicator guy also seems really nice. And were those enigmatic sins paid for few moments ago? If so, then this actually ended rather we-

Reki, Reki, why are you freaking out? Wh- why is Rakka ice cold and can't feel pain? How badly did Rakka fuck up when she made physical contact with that wall? We've clearly jumped from frying pan straight into the fire right? Oh fuck. OH FUCK!

CorvoSol

So has Corvo accepted Mion being a good girl?

Not unless there's a good reason she
forced Shion to rip her own fingernails off.
I'm not convinced of Mion 2 yet, let alone Onibaba.

Dat foxy boxing.

And the constant interruptions of class to troll Takuto.

cnet we need to know.

Shiiiiiiit, now I want to rewatch Higurashi.

OMG Corvo saw Higurashi and I missed all his reviews. :(

It's been crazy.

GaoGaiGar 47-49 + Overall Impressions

So episode 47 plays out like your typical path to the final boss in a video game,
with all the characters stopping one-by-one to defeat respective villains before all showing up to finish off the final boss together. Sucks what happened to J though :(. Aw well, maybe he&#8217;ll show up in the final OVA.

After an incredibly awesome final fight with the Z Master, I had no idea what they would do for the last two episodes. They could have just ended it with a little clip show, and that&#8217;s actually what it looked like they would do in episode 48! Until
Mikoto herself ends up becoming the ultimate Zonder robot that the heroes are powerless against. I mean holy shit, there was so much despair flying around in episode 49! But of course everything works out in the end, and hey, even Guy gets his human body back as Mamoru goes out into space. Also, LOL at Hana in the wedding dress. So adorable.

So that was The King of Braves, GaoGaiGar. All in all, It&#8217;s&#8230;.good. Don&#8217;t get me wrong, I definitely enjoyed it. It&#8217;s not terrible at all. Maybe I was just a bit disappointed that I couldn&#8217;t feel as much of a sense of despair in the second half like I thought I would. But then again, maybe that was a good thing. The first half of the show was a completely innocent MOTW. I&#8217;m usually one who doesn&#8217;t enjoy that genre. But GaoGaiGar has so much energy (especially when the opening theme plays, and you all know how much I love that) that I just couldn&#8217;t get bored of it. There were likable characters everywhere. President Dan Green, Dr. Wily, and Volfogg especially were just a ton of fun to watch.

But then again when the show gets into its second half, that&#8217;s when things slow down and it&#8217;s a bit of an uphill battle before shit really starts to get real. See, in TTGL
when the new enemy showed up, there was a lot of conflict going on, both internally and externally that made you honestly feel worried for how it was all going to end up
. In GaoGaiGar, there&#8217;s barely any of that, even when the Primevals show up. Everyone still keeps up the exact same optimistic attitude as they had before, it felt like nothing really changed. I guess I was just expecting just a little more despair so when they triumphed over it would have felt more amazing than it was.

But for what it&#8217;s worth, GaoGaiGar is a nice little show that starts off as MOTW but decides to move on to something just a little bit bigger. It's definitely got a lot of spirit. If you can get through it&#8217;s slow pacing and its MOTW episodes, this show may be for you. I definetly had fun with it. All I can say is give it a shot! It may or may not be for you, but for me, it was definitely a fun watch.

Now, onto the Final OVA!

CorvoSol

GaoGaiGar 47-49 + Overall Impressions

So episode 47 plays out like your typical path to the final boss in a video game,
with all the characters stopping one-by-one to defeat respective villains before all showing up to finish off the final boss together. Sucks what happened to J though :(. Aw well, maybe he’ll show up in the final OVA.

After an incredibly awesome final fight with the Z Master, I had no idea what they would do for the last two episodes. They could have just ended it with a little clip show, and that’s actually what it looked like they would do in episode 48! Until
Mikoto herself ends up becoming the ultimate Zonder robot that the heroes are powerless against. I mean holy shit, there was so much despair flying around in episode 49! But of course everything works out in the end, and hey, even Guy gets his human body back as Mamoru goes out into space. Also, LOL at Hana in the wedding dress. So adorable.

So that was The King of Braves, GaoGaiGar. All in all, It’s….good. Don’t get me wrong, I definitely enjoyed it. It’s not terrible at all. Maybe I was just a bit disappointed that I couldn’t feel as much of a sense of despair in the second half like I thought I would. But then again, maybe that was a good thing. The first half of the show was a completely innocent MOTW. I’m usually one who doesn’t enjoy that genre. But GaoGaiGar has so much energy (especially when the opening theme plays, and you all know how much I love that) that I just couldn’t get bored of it. There were likable characters everywhere. President Dan Green, Dr. Wily, and Volfogg especially were just a ton of fun to watch.

But then again when the show gets into its second half, that’s when things slow down and it’s a bit of an uphill battle before shit really starts to get real. See, in TTGL
when the new enemy showed up, there was a lot of conflict going on, both internally and externally that made you honestly feel worried for how it was all going to end up
. In GaoGaiGar, there’s barely any of that, even when the Primevals show up. Everyone still keeps up the exact same optimistic attitude as they had before, it felt like nothing really changed. I guess I was just expecting just a little more despair so when they triumphed over it would have felt more amazing than it was.

But for what it’s worth, GaoGaiGar is a nice little show that starts off as MOTW but decides to move on to something just a little bit bigger. It's definitely got a lot of spirit. If you can get through it’s slow pacing and its MOTW episodes, this show may be for you. I definetly had fun with it. All I can say is give it a shot! It may or may not be for you, but for me, it was definitely a fun watch.

Now, onto the Final OVA!

Oh you want despair, do you? Well sit tight.

Why didnt this exist when I was studying chemistry :(

Oh man I just looked at that table and like 20 animes flashed through my head at once.

Clannad
Spice and Wolf
Shuffle
Code Geass
Elfin Laid
Little Busters
Dragon Ball
Sailor Moon
Demon King
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Just soooo many... almost had a stroke there. Anime, it's dangerous for your health. :)

cajunator

Banned
Watching these two really reminds me of how much more animated the second OP was. Coolish Walk really grew on me as well.

I need to watch the second season again. I really enjoyed it.

It just didnt resonate with me like the first. the first is jpop perfection. Unforgettable.

WHAT. WHAT. WHAT. WHAT. My brain can't take the knowledge you are dropping. Da fuck happens to
Shion during arc 2
?

In my defense, the Pirotess vs Deedlit thing is mostly just a joke.

Only one way to find out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-12Det1bAcs

Oh man I just looked at that table and like 20 animes flashed through my head at once.

Clannad
Spice and Wolf
Shuffle
Code Geass
Elfin Laid
Little Busters
Dragon Ball
Sailor Moon
Demon King
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Just soooo many... almost had a stroke there. Anime, it's dangerous for your health. :)

The genius of that is that it will literally help you to remember the elements by the anime associated with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom