• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

survivor

Banned
Yo! What happened to all my peps who were watching Angel Beats and Clannad. Could've sworn that like 3 people were interested in starting Angel Beats, started it and had full intentions to continue watching it. Hmmm.... :,(

I watched 4 episodes of Angel Beats, but been a bit busy to marathon the rest of the show or the other stuff that I'm following.

Jarmel

Banned
A shame it's all wasted on fights with no tension.

I think they should have done less fights but make the fights into bigger deals. Same thing that struck me when I was watching Sym-Bionic Titan.

I'm still put out that Samurai Flamenco didn't stay the somewhat grounded character drama it was at the start. Anime doesn't have enough of those, whereas it has more than enough "crazy twist" shows.

It's been a while though since I've seen a show not give any fucks whatsoever though.

duckroll

I'm still put out that Samurai Flamenco didn't stay the somewhat grounded character drama it was at the start. Anime doesn't have enough of those, whereas it has more than enough "crazy twist" shows.

It's still the strangest show I've seen in a long time. I don't think I'll be able to fully critique the show for what it is without knowing how it eventually ends. Really... unique.

CorvoSol

When I try to think about this episode my fucking mind stutters, I..

hisfgsadohisadoiiohohijopjoj

I DON'T KNOW

iUFOZ16rE8DKG.gif

Just Flamen Embrace the Menco Future.

Trade-off I guess. The fights in Star Driver are definitely better animated than the stuff in GBF.

True, but I feel the fights in Build Fighters are better directed. Mostly because, even though the outcome is the same, we know Sei and Takuto are gonna win, but there's considerably more tension in Build Fighter's fights. That said, the fight in episode 12 was pretty damn good, especially with President's hair floating all over the place.

Yep at this point when higurashi was being released the most incredible theories were being made on a level "you have no idea" and i'm talking about the game here.

SO you must ask yourself this , if he can remember , what does this mean ?

It means shit is about to just got real.

The funniest thing is that in episode 7, when things go absolutely crazy, there's actually some really significant drama going on for Masayoshi and Gotoh, and then somehow the writers were just like "No, wait, fuck this, LET'S
VIVA TORTUTRE!!!!!!!!
"

Yo! What happened to my fellow GAFfers who were watching Angel Beats and Clannad. Could've sworn that like 3 people were interested in starting Angel Beats, started it and had full intentions to continue watching it. Hmmm.... :,(

I was going to start Angel Beats, but I kinda got hooked on GaoGaiGar, so I must have forgotten. I'll get to it soon though.

Also, I know you told me to watch the dub, but I think I'll stick with sub for the first watch. The reason being that I like to tackle drama anime subbed on first watch. I did it with Clannad, I did it with Ef, so I'll stick with sub for Angel Beats.

Samurai Flamenco 17
WHAT THE FUCK

COME ON AND SAM. AND WELCOME TO THE FLAM.

EVERYBODY GET UP. IT'S TIME TO SAM NOW. WE GOT A REAL FLAM GOING DOWN

WELCOME TO THE SAM FLAM. HERE'S YOUR CHANCE, DO YOUR DANCE AT THE SAM FLAM. ALL RIGHT.

NeonZ

The funniest thing is that in episode 7, when things go absolutely crazy, there's actually some really significant drama going on for Masayoshi and Gotoh, and then somehow the writers were just like "No, wait, fuck this, LET'S VIVA TORTUTRE!!!!!!!!"

I think they pretty much had taken that drama where they wanted it to go. Masayoshi questions the value of his resolution and actions, but ultimately decides that they're worth it before going along with the police's campaign. That seems like it could have been the conflict and ending of a grounded Samurai Flamenco. Then we get Guillotine Gorilla.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Ojamajo Doremi Na-i-sho - Episode 1: The Boy's Secret

Interesting to see Doremi, Hadzuki and Aiko as high schoolers for their disguise this time (instead of hamsters which they seem to do all the time now) so they can persuade the boys from doing all the way to Mt.Fuji on their bikes. In the end
it's best to have a fun trip that ends early although in a meaningful way than a miserable trip that gets you where you want to be and the journey feels hollow.

Also I don't need to mention how catchy this OP is to listen to. The ED is also my favourite one so far, it might be the different looking artstyle it's got going on. In the end it's nice to see Doremi and Pop holding hands and running towards the horizon.
Dokkiri dokkiri dokidoki...

By the way, that "d" in "Hadzuki" is just a product of romanization to represent the alternate way to write "zu". It's not actually necessary. "Hazuki" is fine.

Setokai yakuindomo * - 07

Trully the best way to :
-crush a flag
-go commando
-experience outdoors
-Warm yourself up

I've learned a lpt , anime !

Nourin 06

2egr2DVl.jpg

While I enjoyed it when it went really rotten, this episode didn't really do it for me. Definitely didn't live up to how great the last episode was and the mood was all over the place.

Kingdom Season 2 Episode 21

I thought it was going to be a completely slow and boring episode but when Xuan Feng took to the field on the fourth day...fantastic
Hang Ji was amazing there sneaking in like that. I almost thought the old geezer would try to pull some move but he is just an old geezer and couldnt do nothing once caught in his face. Truly one cant escape death twice.

I watched 4 episodes of Angel Beats, but been a bit busy to marathon the rest of the show or the other stuff that I'm following.

Oh that's fine. Thought you gave up on it. That would've made me :,(.

But anyways not trying to rush anyone. I know there's a lot of people that aren't like me when watching anime. When I watch I usually binge and watch like at least 3 episodes of a particular series in any given day. Like right now I just started Golden Time like 10 minutes ago and I will probably watch 2-3 more episodes before I go to sleep. I am crazy like that.

So yeah do what you need to do I don't want to burn you out. (A friend told me that I did that to him recently with Death Note, so it's something I am working on)

I was going to start Angel Beats, but I kinda got hooked on GaoGaiGar, so I must have forgotten. I'll get to it soon though.

Also, I know you told me to watch the dub, but I think I'll stick with sub for the first watch. The reason being that I like to tackle drama anime subbed on first watch. I did it with Clannad, I did it with Ef, so I'll stick with sub for Angel Beats.

Yeah I really do prefer the dub to the sub when it comes to Angel Beats but you can tackle it however you like. If you dislike the characters I say switch to the dub and see if you prefer that before abandoning ship.

And no rush. I am just glad you're gonna watch it and give it a chance. Some here have quite the descending opinion so you must feel like you're walking into a mine field with the show. Lol. So it just makes me happy that people are willing to give it a shot. :)

CorvoSol

Higurashi 26

WHAT.

WHAT. THAT'S NOT HOW YOU END THIS SHIT. THAT IS NOT HOW YOU JUST STOP A SHOW.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Burn Up! Scramble Episode 1:

What the fuck did they do to Burn Up! here? Good god, if Tenchi Muyo GXP didn't exist I would call this the prime exemplar of how the mid-2000s were kind of a shitty time for anime. At the very least it turned a fun if fairly shallow, which its moments of pathos mind you, and turn it into a dull, drab, soulless, downright mean-spirited mess.I had my issues with Rio and Maya in previous incarnations, but these people are downright horrible. Also Yuji has lost the loveable part of the lovable pervert and just comes across as a creepy stalker oozing false sincerity. I might drop this here and now, I dunno, see how I feel in the morning.

Golden Time 1

Well.... Hmmmmm.....

First off JC Staff. Not the biggest fan. I feel their art/animation can be a little bland and washed out. During Little Busters it always annoyed me. Here it's not so bad but I could've told you it was JC Staff without looking at the credits. Thankfully the characters themselves are quite colorful so it kind off offsets some of the blandness.

Onto the show itself, I think unlike many other anime (at least from what I have seen in the first episode) it actually has quite a nice balance between comedy and drama. Almost Clannad levels of that perfect balance. Which is nice. Which leads me into it's pacing which it also does well. It advances the story enough to make you feel like you being moved along rather than only just being introduced to everyone in the first episode and to set up plot.

It's also nice for once that the characters are not in high school but instead are in college. THANK YOU ANIME GODS!!!

Other then that I don't know if I can extrapolate anymore from this episode except that cliffhanger. I detect sadness lane up ahead.

Andrew J.

Fresh Precure 50 FINAL

I want some donuts now.

The fighting was nice and physical the way I like it in my Precure, although it was a shame there weren't very many really high-quality animation cuts. The endgame had some good stuff, especially after
the Cure Angel form appeared
, when there was an aerial battle that was basically Dragonball Z.

There were some good gags and jokes throughout, most of them coming from Wester's antics. You like him, you'll like Smile, which has three henchmen that are just as goofy.

Can anyone try viewing the third episode of Fortune Arterial from Crunchyroll for me? I have been trying to get the episode to load for over a month now, but nothing works; multiple computers, being signed in/out, clearing internet history/cookies/cache. I have already sent in two reports of the episode load failure to Crunchyroll with no response. I just need confirmation that I am not the only one who cannot load this single episode.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/fortune-arterial/episode-3-the-one-thousand-year-spring-560224

Please state whether managed to load the video as a premium, free, or non-member. Thanks!

Can anyone try viewing the third episode of Fortune Arterial from Crunchyroll for me? I have been trying to get the episode to load for over a month now, but nothing works; multiple computers, being signed in/out, clearing internet history/cookies/cache. I have already sent in two reports of the episode load failure to Crunchyroll with no response. I just need confirmation that I am not the only one who cannot load this single episode.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/fortune-arterial/episode-3-the-one-thousand-year-spring-560224

Please state whether managed to load the video as a premium, free, or non-member. Thanks!
Works for me as a premium member, in SD, 480, and 720.

Seitokai Yakuindomo Butthole 7

Eh. This show has lost its random skit charm. If people complain that Joss Whedon's characters suffer from everybody being too clever, this show suffers from everybody being a pervert and doing funny voices all the time. It lost its oomph

santeesioux

It loaded in for me as a member.

wonzo

Banned
Samumenco 15-17

samuraiflam16.jpg

the writer in a previous life

I don't know what's more amazing,
the fucking Prime Minister pulling an Armstrong or "Mr Justice" pulling back his mask to reveal ALIENS.

either way GOAT

Gintama 165

Chalk up many points for Katsura. He's so awesome
he sucks up influenza, and becomes Will Smith Obama, curing everyone of their influenza.

Gin's method of getting rid of Sachan was utterly glorious, but damn, she hasn't gotten much treatment at all. She's probably the least important major recurring character.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Well, I think I should explain that further. That Rah Xephon is a page for page clone of EVA is only a singular facet of the reason I did not like that show at all. The other problem I had was that while it spent its days ripping off EVA, Rah Xephon was ball breakingly boring. Allegedly the show gets good in the second half, and once or twice I've considered going back to it since the reason I dropped Rax Xephon was ultimately the bullshit incest added into Shinji's relationship with Misato. Since then I've sat through shit like Nisemonogatari and Sword Art Online, so I don't think incest is a fair enough justification for dropping it.

But being derivative alone was not enough for me to drop Rah Xephon. The Big O is also very derivative, and so was Gundam 00's 2nd Season. Yet I have very different opinions of those.

That's what I mean about Xam'd though. Also,
the fuck are you getting the incest from? I know where I would potentially think it comes from, but the 'Shinji-Misato' one is definitely not; Iyato isn't related to Haruka. It's been awhile since I watched it, but I know that's true. By the end there's only like three people shown that he's related to, and none of them are anything close to a Misato-analogue.

GaoGaiGar - 44

It's been a while since a Zonder showed up and actually possessed somebody
The primevals don't count
. But of course, as our villans are really competent, it's all a distraction to prepare ES windows.

Wow, Hana was in mortal danger and she didn't say "Kowai ku nai!" for once. This kind of crap's been happening to her so often now I bet on the inside, even she knows how it will all go down in the end.

CorvoSol

That's what I mean about Xam'd though. Also,
the fuck are you getting the incest from? I know where I would potentially think it comes from, but the 'Shinji-Misato' one is definitely not; Iyato isn't related to Haruka. It's been awhile since I watched it, but I know that's true. By the end there's only like three people shown that he's related to, and none of them are anything close to a Misato-analogue.

I don't remember, beyond there being some conversation with the detective guy that someone was adopted by someone.

Corvo, have you seen Sym-Bionic Titan yet?

If you're looking for another show, it gives off a lot of FMP vibes.

Oh really? Hmmm.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
I don't remember, beyond there being some conversation with the detective guy that someone was adopted by someone.

Yeah, it's definitely not that relationship. Any hint of 'incest' is
very minor, not in that relationship, and not really revealed until the end.

Hattori

Banned
GBF 1-2
This show has awesome reaction faces, reminds of Doremi, which is a very good thing. Definitely enjoying it so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom