• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta filter out people who aren't true anime fans

eaBRO2P.gif

I watch this media. It's called japanese animation. You probably haven't heard about it.

CorvoSol

Sends an entire harem of prostitutes to rape virgin newbie partner. Madness ensues and things don't end well.

Mad Bull: "I guess I went over da top! I shudda ask chu aboud it!"

And that's it.

///////////////////////dead

EDIT:

"Sleepy, promise me you won't murder these men and will instead do your fucking job and bring them to actual justice."

Sleepy: "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH."

Jarmel

Banned
Star Driver 12-
Yea, I really do wish these fights were longer. However holy shit, the animation really is on a different level.

One thing that's struck me on the rewatch is how likable and watchable so many of the characters are. Even the villains are very enjoyable to watch. The show has a sort of energy that makes it fun to watch even if it isn't very deep.

So far, it has been a pretty decent MOTW show. We'll see if it shits the bed but I think I might have been way too harsh on it the first time it aired.

Gintama 186-187 Flags

Can't have you dying yet son.

Just had to reveal you covered something up to make some girl's dad look good, you lolicon.

I don't need to see the Barf Riverstyx though. That's just nasty man.

GaoGaiGar Final - 2

garrys-mod-wat.gif

Mamoru killed Goldymarg and ChoRyuJin.

MAMORU KILLED GOLDYMARG AND CHORYUJIN. WHAT FANFIC AM I READING HERE?!?

Oh wait it was a fake Mamrou? Ok that's a relief. That fight was like seeing a Simon V.S. Kamina death battle. Just painful to watch so that's good to know. But still, GOLDYMARG AND CHORYUJIN ARE NOW DEAD. NOOOOOOO.

Mikakunin de Shinkoukei 7

Watching this episode caused me great despair. This is because I realised there are only five more episodes left after this one. Why can this show not go on for all eternity?

Also, yay
new supernatural person
!

How I felt when I finished watching Non Non Biyori.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
those are my thoughts. Like exactly. Nice to know others seem to have the same issues
I'm glad you can just turn off the combat at some point. Assuming I even get there. lol

Although, the novelty of it is already not that novel given the fact that a certain other RPG already had the same "mechanic" though.

CorvoSol

Star Driver 12-

Yea, I really do wish these fights were longer. However holy shit, the animation really is on a different level.

One thing that's struck me on the rewatch is how likable and watchable so many of the characters are. Even the villains are very enjoyable to watch. The show has a sort of energy that makes it fun to watch even if it isn't very deep.

So far, it has been a pretty decent MOTW show. We'll see if it shits the bed but I think I might have been way too harsh on it the first time it aired.

That fight was hands down my favorite so far in the show. Love Mrs. Watanabe as a character, too. She's just so screwy. The scenes where class interrupts for her to tease Takuto are my favorites.

So far, the thing I like about Star Driver is that it's very quirky. Like, it may not be the most original show ever, and the execution leaves a lot to be desired, since Tauburn takes more time getting ready to fight than actually fighting, but the wacky nature of the cast is endearing.

GaoGaiGar Final - 2

garrys-mod-wat.gif

Oh wait it was a fake Mamrou? Ok that's a relief. That fight was like seeing a Simon V.S. Kamina death battle. Just painful to watch so that's good to know. But still, GOLDYMARG AND CHORYUJIN ARE NOW DEAD. NOOOOOOO.

What. Son that fight is one of the best fights in the whole show. Do you know how much I cried when that fight happened? Like a bitch. I cried like a goddamn bitch.

Also, please tell me you think Papillon looks EXACTLY like Anthy Himemiya.

Corvo watching Mad Bull 34?

jacknicholsonnod.gif

My roommate is here so I had to stop AND IT IS KILLING ME.

cajunator

Banned
L1PzxmS.jpg
rdYpJ59.jpg

Maken-Ki! Two 6

Yuri girl loses her way after finally admitting her crush loves a guy.

Sad.

What makes things better?

A sadist ninja with her wonderful toys. NSFW

This show is really pushing the envelope a bit.

6fIZBGo.gif

Ooooh my god! My heart!

Maken-ki taking lessons from YuruYuri. I approve of this!

I know right? Makoto makes every song better with her handsome presence.

Mad Bull 34 1

The Episode's name is literally Hit and Rape. HIT. AND. RAPE.

corvy you hadnt seen Madbull yet? Ohhhhhhh man.

BlazBlue sprites leave a lot to be desired. It's true. And kinda sad.
But the price you pay for HD sprites these days. Especially if you don't like Skullgirls.

Blazblue chronophantasma has better sprites and pretty great animation. I love using Makoto and Kokonoe and Platinum in it just for the fun animation alone.

Narag

GaoGaiGar Final - 2

garrys-mod-wat.gif

And franchise peaked with this ep.

Syrinx

It helps that, unlike ALL THE OTHER ONES Mad Bull is a humorous Buddy Cop drama with fantastic fake New York accents.

I kept thinking of Regis Philbin every time Daizaburo said anything.

And you haven't even seen most of the crazy shit in that ova. Holy God.

What. Son that fight is one of the best fights in the whole show. Do you know how much I cried when that fight happened? Like a bitch. I cried like a goddamn bitch.

Also, please tell me you think Papillon looks EXACTLY like Anthy Himemiya.

Oh don't get me wrong, it was an amazing fight. All dat mecha yelling and screaming.

When I said it was painful to watch I meant it in a really good way. Guy wasn't crying furious angry tears just because two of his friends just died, but because the one who killed them was his best friend who was like his little brother. Damn. Just damn.

The premise for this really did feel like something you'd see in a trolling fanfic though. I mean, good guy kills another good guy then best friend of said good guy kills said good guy.

I was going to mention how much Papillon looked like Anthy, but then I reminded myself that I still hadn't watched Utena yet so I couldn't make any witty joke about it.

zeroshiki

I was going to buy BD because of the numerous positive impressions but Admiral Woofington's semi-meltdown has put an end to that.

Thanks Admiral! ¥4000 saved!

CorvoSol

Oh don't get me wrong, it was an amazing fight. All dat mecha yelling and screaming.

When I said it was painful to watch I meant it in a really good way. Guy wasn't crying furious angry tears just because two of his friends just died, but because the one who killed them was his best friend who was like his little brother. Damn. Just damn.

The premise for this really did feel like something you'd see in a trolling fanfic though. I mean, good guy kills another good guy then best friend of said good guy kills said good guy.

I was going to mention how much Papillon looked like Anthy, but then I reminded myself that I still hadn't watched Utena yet so I couldn't make any witty joke about it.

Yeah that fight was hard. So damn hard I was almost a little disappointed when they
revealed that it wasn't actually Mamoru
. Thankfully, the rest of GGGF beats you down just as emotionally.

Saint Seiya Omega Episode 91

Saint Seiya Omega in which they focus on Seiya and now the Omega saints. Oh well Titan was fantastic standing in pose for the majority of the climax. Looking forward to next week.

Heartcatch Precure! 2

Oh god I'd heard about the whole mascot-pooping-seeds thing, but that was still more disturbing than I expected. The mascots are definitely the most worrying thing about this series >.>

So it turns out I was right to
suspect Tsubomi's grandmother of being a (former) Precure, but she's Cure Flower, not Cure Moonlight. I'm actually starting to wonder if I might have got my wires crossed with the vague spoilers I've picked up - I know I've heard that there's an old woman Cure in this series, and I know I've heard about Cure Moonlight being an active part of the series as the main girls' senpai, but come to think of it I'm not 100% on the old Cure and Cure Moonlight being one and the same. Hmmm. Well, I guess uncertainty is the best cure for spoilers, at any rate!

Cure Blossom's initial utter failure to get the hang of her new abilities and complete lack of any natural inclination to fight was quite hilarious, and just made it all the more satisfying when she finally did work up the determination to face down the monster that was endangering her newfound friend.

...Seriously, though, Blossom, did you just get distracted by pretty flowers while a giant monster was chasing you around with a hammer bigger than you are?! That's actually kind of impressive...
that's why you should try to forget about the spoilers some of them are worthless without the right context and in the end it'll make you confused more than anything ...

Just enjoy the ride

Maken Ki.

Keeping those who lurk animeGAF away.

You say that as if it's a bad thing

I was going to buy BD because of the numerous positive impressions but Admiral Woofington's semi-meltdown has put an end to that.

Thanks Admiral! ¥4000 saved!

Obviously you shouldn't take my word for it, look at reviews and other people's impressions. I'm just bitter because I was so hyped.

Sometimes hype can hurt a product, baby.

zeroshiki

Obviously you shouldn't take my word for it, look at reviews and other people's impressions. I'm just bitter because I was so hyped.

Sometimes hype can hurt a product, baby.

I have a bunch of games I really need to finish before getting into other games anyway but BD was really tempting because of that Akihiko Yoshida art. You just gave me an excuse not to waste my money on something I might not even get to play for a while.

Narag

zeroshiki's reluctance to buy BD has swayed me to skip it unless i find it on the cheap. let the domino effect continue

CorvoSol

I have a bunch of games I really need to finish before getting into other games anyway but BD was really tempting because of that Akihiko Yoshida art. You just gave me an excuse not to waste my money on something I might not even get to play for a while.

I bought the Collector's Edition, but since SRWZ3 is the only other game I'm buying this half of the year, I think I'm okay. The game seems okay to me so far, but I'm pretty much still at the beginning.

Andrew J.

Heartcatch Precure! 1

Sadly I'm already aware of the spoiler that
this isn't the last we'll see of Cure Moonlight, as she'll be returning in a somewhat...older form
, but that just makes the whole thing more interesting if anything. I must confess that
this knowledge is making me look at any and all elderly women with intense suspicion, though. That grandmother...hmmmm...

I believe you may be conflating two different spoilers there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom