• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

To my eternal shame, I couldn't finish MGS 2 because of my inner obsessive compulsive screaming out in pain each time I got caught so I had to reset it and start over. Eventually it just became a chore so I stopped.

MGS2 doesn't matter anyway. You need MGS1 and MGS3. And MGR. Everybody needs MGR

GaoGaiGar Final - 3

YESSSSSSSS.

President Dan Green is back to help stop the Spiral Nemesis! Man, I really wish the rest of this show was dubbed. Dan Green would have been amazing in this scene :(.

YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW YET

All the best JRPGs released before 2004 anyway.

Pretty sure Persona 4 came out after that so nope.

GaoGaiGar Final - 4

Holy shit. This is like a completely different show from before.

Papillion reveals to be still alive as a replica, and everyone's happy. Very happy, so happy that they decide there's no reason to fight and that all the robots should shut dow-wait wat.

I forgot to mention my surprise at HyoRyu and EnRyu still being alive last episode. Yeesh, these guys sure come back from the dead a lot. I didn't see GoldyMarg anywhere though :(. It hardly matters now that everybody got shut down, I mean damn.

What the hell was up with that bondage scene? Did SDBurton sneak in some of his fantasies in this show while drunk?

Wait a second-CAIN?!? No. He's a duplicate right? He has to be. No way the Cain who was practically the key that saved everyone in the series is part of the 11 soul masters...right?

My mind is full of so much what from this episode. There's so much shit going down right now.

Whether you're me and loved GGG in spite of it being MOTW or you're Jarmel and you only tolerated it, everyone agrees that, insane fetishes aside, Final is where it's at.

When does Kill la Kill usually air?

Thursday unless you live in reality and then Friday.

Witch Craft Works 07

I oddly don't really remember this happening in the manga. Then again, the current arc in the manga kinda muddles my memory of anything in the manga.
All of this was in the manga . they added One scene that wasn't here but that's it.

Radiant Historia was great.

Never played the Ar Tonelico series though.

Radiant historia was excellent ...dat soundtrack , dat protagonist that GET SHIT DONE
I loved it.

Tonelico 1 is good but nothing exceptionnal.
Tonelico 2 is really great , if not awesome ( especially if you've played the first game )
Tonelico 3 should be played ONLY and ONLY if you wish to know how the saga ends even i who finished tonelico 3 at least 10 times ( platinium get ) cannot recommand it to "normal" players

Futari wa Precure 1-3
ibauVWOCe1PrrA.jpg

I recognize this madp avatar (now in not a weird res)
And so my easily-being-influenced by fanart continues. After going through Heartcatch and most of Smile just before it feels odd to have a villain that's all evil and no comedic relief via his main general leader guys, this Pissard guy is a scary fucker! Though that means it's up to the mascots to provide the comic relief and they're sort of aggravating so far-mepo. The dynamic between Nagisa and Honoka hasn't really done much for me yet, but they (especially Nagisa, ALL OF MY HNNNNNNG) are adorable anyhow and have 40+ episodes to bond and make me feel warm feelings. The fights are what I assume is standard for a good amount of Cure series: get beat up a bit > YOU CAN'T DO THAT I WON'T LET YOU > super move and I've mostly grown to accept it, though I do hope there are some good ones even if I have to wait til the end.

Suite Precure 1-4
Oh no another one! I find it hilarious how Hibiki and Kanade will just fucking go at each other at the drop of a hat and how the villains use that to their advantage. I'm a bit disappointed because I thought every MOTW was going to be music related but then we got a cake monster, missed opportunity. Some pretty decent fights so far too but I don't expect that to last too long! Hummy makes me laugh for unknown reasons, she's also adorable so that's good too. MadP tells me this becomes a train wreck so I guess I'm looking forward to that, I'll have AmiKoshi to comfort me.

ALSO OH MY GOD THE ED IS THE MOST BALLER THING EVER AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH.

Whether you're me and loved GGG in spite of it being MOTW or you're Jarmel and you only tolerated it, everyone agrees that, insane fetishes aside, Final is where it's at.

I'm honestly a bit in the middle when it comes to the MOTW aspects in GGG. It had some dull episodes, but for the most part there was so much energy put into the fights and the characters even during the MOTW episodes.

When does Kill la Kill usually air?

Tomorrow
night, if there's another delay >_<

GaoGaiGar Final - 5

giphy.gif

That flashback torture scene at the beginning. It was only for a few seconds, but...holy shit! I....I have no words!

Mikoto was awesome in this episode. After spending the entire previous series crying and screaming and just pressing the Program Drive button, she finally gets up on her feet and decides to kick some ass!

Speaking of ass-kicking, we got the return of good ol' J and the King J-Der! Surely things will be better now right?

NNNNOPE. Now our heroes are even more screwed in the ass because all of the autobots have been duplicated into evil terminators and Guy is now being forced to fight against his will apparently.

...UGGGGGH. The fact that both Cain and Abel are both part of the 11 Soul Masters and are causing all this madness is like learning that the three goddess that created Hyrule were actually the ones that killed Link's parents."

CorvoSol

Radiant Historia was great.

Never played the Ar Tonelico series though.

And The World Ends With You.

I really liked Stocke and company. My sole complaint with Radiant Historia was that I HATED the way time travel was implemented as mechanic. Like, within the plot, no prob, but I hated that I sometimes had to redo long story scenes to finish item delivery quests. That doesn't ruin my opinion of the game as a whole, though, which is why I hope I can weather BD's storm unscathed.

I'm honestly a bit in the middle when it comes to the MOTW aspects in GGG. It had some dull episodes, but for the most part there was so much energy put into the fights and the characters even during the MOTW episodes.

Tomorrow
night, if there's another delay >_<

GaoGaiGar Final - 5

giphy.gif

That flashback torture scene at the beginning. It was only for a few seconds, but...holy shit! I....I have no words!

Mikoto was awesome in this episode. After spending the entire previous series crying and screaming and just pressing the Program Drive button, she finally gets up on her feet and decides to kick some ass!

Speaking of ass-kicking, we got the return of good ol' J and the King J-Der! Surely things will be better now right?

NNNNOPE. Now our heroes are even more screwed in the ass because all of the autobots have been duplicated into evil terminators and Guy is now being forced to fight against his will apparently.

...UGGGGGH. The fact that both Cain and Abel are both part of the 11 Soul Masters and are causing all this madness is like learning that the three goddess that created Hyrule were actually the ones that killed Link's parents."

To be perfectly honest I'm pretty sure that the Goddess Din is not Link's ally. Her Triforce appearing to Ganon in
Twilight Princess' backstory
is the second biggest divine troll in the series after the Goddesses deciding
Hey instead of sending a new hero let's just drown Hyrule!

jman2050

I really liked Stocke and company. My sole complaint with Radiant Historia was that I HATED the way time travel was implemented as mechanic. Like, within the plot, no prob, but I hated that I sometimes had to redo long story scenes to finish item delivery quests. That doesn't ruin my opinion of the game as a whole, though, which is why I hope I can weather BD's storm unscathed.

My problem with the time travelling mechanic is that they had an opportunity to do some interesting alternate timeline shenanigans but in the end it was essentially distilled into "here's two different stories to play with the ability to jump between the two at will when you run into arbitrary plot locks." Don't get me wrong, I didn't really mind it all that much, but I think it was a bit of a missed opportunity.

Stocke owns and would probably end half of this season's anime in three episodes max because he'd figure out what to do and cut the BS.

To be perfectly honest I'm pretty sure that the Goddess Din is not Link's ally. Her Triforce appearing to Ganon in
Twilight Princess' backstory
is the second biggest divine troll in the series after the Goddesses deciding
Hey instead of sending a new hero let's just drown Hyrule!

While I agree with you on the
Din point (completely forgot about Twilight Princess), on the point on drowning Hyrule, at that point in time, Ganon had already done too much damage to the world for a hero to fix IIRC. I think the Goddesses at that point just wanted to put everybody out of their misery.

Or maybe I used a bad example. It's like...wait you know what this is like actually? This is like Xenoblade.

With the whole Zanza and Dickson revelation.

Syrinx

All them Aht traps... so delicious.

And then those damn giant spiders ruin everything!

RH really did have some neat variety between the functionality of the characters. Aht's traps really were the bomb.

Stocke was great. Cut out so much of the bullshit, planned ahead, and got shit done. Eruca was pretty similar. And yeah having to go through some dialogue scenes multiple times due to the time travel was a bit of a pain in the ass but it wasn't that much of an issue to me.

zeroshiki

My favorite JRPGs from the past couple of years not named Pokemon are probably Radiant Historia and Ar Tonelico 2.

I'm not sure what this says about me.

Mine is Persona? but even as good as those games are they don't hold a candle to the SNES-PS1-earlyPS2 golden age.

What is TWEWY?

What is Xenoblade?

I applied a simple test. Are they better than FFVI, FFX, Chrono Trigger or Suikoden 2? No.

CorvoSol

While I agree with you on the
Din point (completely forgot about Twilight Princess), on the point on drowning Hyrule, at that point in time, Ganon had already done too much damage to the world for a hero to fix IIRC. I think the Goddesses at that point just wanted to put everybody out of their misery.

Or maybe I used a bad example. It's like...wait you know what this is like actually? This is like Xenoblade.

With the whole Zanza and Dickson revelation.

Yeah I dunno. I mean you actually GO to
Hyrule
in Wind Waker and it looks just fine. I mean sure, Princess Zelda owns part of the blame in that for fucking things up in the end of Ocarina of Time, and then subsequently not warning her people at all, but the Goddesses' solution was pretty freaking horrible. Especially since
They couldn't even keep Ganon sealed, let alone kill him.

Persona 4 Golden best waifu simulator.

Also it has a really enjoyable slice of life high school anime simulator.

I hear rumors there's an rpg mixed in there. Myth needs confirmation.

jman2050

I completed about 85% of Persona 3 and then stopped completely once I realized it would be impossible to max out everyone's social links.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who has this problem.

zeroshiki

Well, which Persona are we talking about here? That alone can wildly depict one's taste in games.

We were talking about the period after 2004 so its Persona 3, FES, Persona 4, Golden.

I completed about 85% of Persona 3 and then stopped completely once I realized it would be impossible to max out everyone's social links.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who has this problem.

*raises hand*

I have a real issue with games that have completion counters because I always want the "complete" experience. I'm lucky I'm too lazy to even look at trophy percentages because I guarantee I'll go nuts if I started caring about them.

CorvoSol

Persona 4 proved to me you can have a cast of teenagers who act like teenagers in an RPG and not want to strangle them to death.

Syrinx

I've considered downloading the PSP version of P2:IS on my Vita but the fact that EP is only available via the PS1 version puts me off a bit. Maybe in the future.

Or is it the other way around?

cj_iwakura

I've considered downloading the PSP version of P2:IS on my Vita but the fact that EP is only available via the PS1 version puts me off a bit. Maybe in the future.

Or is it the other way around?

The PS1 version of EP is just fine.

And you're correct.

Gazoinks

>Leaves PersonaGAF to come to AnimeGAF

Oh hello PersonaGAF! :D

I'm glad that the letdowns about BD are making my decision to get MGR instead justified. :p

Anyway. Anime. WHO IS READY FOR KLK
to be delayed
TOMORROW.

CorvoSol

It's too bad all they really do is let things happen to them even though they are an investigation team!

And? At least they're not "OH NO I AM AN ACE SNIPER BUT I CAN'T TAKE THIS SHOT." or "I BLAME YOU FOR MY MOTHER'S DEATH SO I WILL DESTROY THE WORLD 500 YEARS FROM NOW." That's my point.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Animal noises don't count!

Is that the dub version? lol

Hohey!

Isn't that the sound a murloc makes.
Also JRPG characters!

And? At least they're not "OH NO I AM AN ACE SNIPER BUT I CAN'T TAKE THIS SHOT." or "I BLAME YOU FOR MY MOTHER'S DEATH SO I WILL DESTROY THE WORLD 500 YEARS FROM NOW." That's my point.
You'd just want them to be smarter about everything they do. :p
Although, Golden added in a lot more random goofy hijinks to make them even more silly as a group.

CorvoSol

You know it's hard to be offended by the hilariously racist imagery of a giant naked black man abusing a nubile white woman with sexualized bath weaponry when said white woman has the goofiest NY hooker accent of all time.

In other news, I love Mad Bull.

CorvoSol

You'd just want them to be smarter about everything they do. :p
Although, Golden added in a lot more random goofy hijinks to make them even more silly as a group.

Nah, they're goofy teenagers. I don't think me and my friends could've hoped to solve a murder mystery as teens. But I could definitely see us fail to make curry.

EDIT:

PLEASE ENJOY THIS IMAGE OF THE MANGLED NAKED BODY OF A PROSTITUTE. WE SO EDGY.

Sleepy may be on a quest for revenge against the man who killed his number one hooker, but first he's gonna have a Coca Cola.

Hattori

Banned
WCW 7
Very fun episode. Kagari continues to outshine the very useless male protag, Tanpopo and crew getting more screen time(yay!), and Kagari's mom being as awesome as her daughter.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I'm not trying anything. I still think the game is worth playing, I was just disappointed with 50% of the chapters.

Hmm that's a shame. I was gonna pick it up before Ys MoC since people were saying it's so good. Ah well, to the backlog it goes.

I'm not trying anything. I still think the game is worth playing, I was just disappointed with 50% of the chapters.

The more I reflect on this game, the less I think this is true. Out of 8+ chapters, only 1,2 and 4 are any good. And while they were enjoyable, the game wasn't anything special even then. And with the rest of the game being shit, it kind of makes it hard to recommend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom