• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inari , konkon Koi iroha - 06

Excellent episode , with friendship , flag settings , yuri & much much more.
Uka-sama The best ..

Inari%2C%20Konkon%2C%20Koi%20Iroha%20-%2006.jpg

The best way to experience Co-op games.

There is some SERIOUS shipping between uka and inari brother so much that i hope there is something satisfying for it at some point .

All I'm warning yous peeps is that BD's second half is like watching Samurai Flamenco and then getting to episode 7.

Only it isn't hilarious and doesn't get better. It's so BAD JUSTICE

To explain my sentiment better, here's a pug with my exact reaction.
I5v7WUJ.gif

Quasar

Inari , konkon Koi iroha - 06

Excellent episode , with friendship , flag settings , yuri & much much more.
Uka-sama The best ..

There is some SERIOUS shipping between uka and inari brother so much that i hope there is something satisfying for it at some point .

Ten bloody episodes! :(

Nafe

Finally started playing my PSP copy of Trails in the Sky that I bought maybe a couple of years ago or something. You learn how to make something just from eating it?! Why doesn't real life work this way? Haha.

---

Titanfall is worth getting a PC/Xbone for. The only thing wrong with Titanfall is that it's just TOO good.

When did you become a video game journalist? Haha.

I think the only reason to learn Japanese is to be able to watch the AKB elections!

That I've never been able to participate in the AnimeGAF chats during it is one of my biggest regrets!

I remember different ones mentioned watching it a couple of years ago but did AnimeGaf watch it last year?

I haven't watched them but I thought they had an official YouTube live stream set up for AKB48 elections or something?

So I was walking with my friend through Nakano Broadway last week, and I was surprised to see this art gallery showing a bunch of stuff from Uchouten Kazoku. I thought you all might be interested.

I enjoyed staring at the beautiful art up close. That show had fantastic cinematography and backgrounds.

Those art pieces look really nice. Thanks a lot for sharing pictures of them. :)

Oh, it was BluWacky, my bad. And don't worry, I didn't mean it in an accusatory manner anyway, I had an idea of what I was getting into regardless :lol

I was reading this conversation and thinking that didn't sound like DiGiKerot at all,haha. For as long as I can recall reading the thread DiGiKerot has been one of the nicest posters here. You mention it's ultimately not a big deal but BluWacky also doesn't come across as someone who would try to troll you either. They both seem to be the type who would mention disclaimers I think.

I watched Fafner a few years ago and remember liking it overall. I don't remember specific details but I don't remember being angry or feeling trolled or thinking it was trash like quite a few comments I've seen about the show recently here in the thread. Again, I've forgotten specific details though so...I don't know,haha.

Just got Home , guys and i don't know if i've made a mistake or not , because i showed Idolmaster ( the anime ) to a friend and then i told him that it was a game first.

So what does my friend did , he wanted to play and ordered the game ... but he doesn't know a word of japanese ..and he says that it's my fault that i didn't warn him.( even if i didn't know that he was buying this or intrested )..

So i'm forced to play THIS :

Does your friend normally import games or buy them online as apposed to in stores? Just thinking of the actions one would have to go through to buy it seems like it would be a tip off to me that the game is in Japanese?

GBF 1-2
This show has awesome reaction faces, reminds of Doremi, which is a very good thing. Definitely enjoying it so far.

I was just really surprised by the show and just find it to be so much fun every time I watch the newest episode. :)

All I'm warning yous peeps is that BD's second half is like watching Samurai Flamenco and then getting to episode 7.

Only it isn't hilarious and doesn't get better. It's so BAD JUSTICE

To explain my sentiment better, here's a pug with my exact reaction.
I5v7WUJ.gif

Jeez, you are really messing with my expectations here. Only 3 hours in, but I am loving the hell out of it. It's everything I wanted Final Fantasy to be since X.

Are there people actually cool with the second half?

zeroshiki

To my eternal shame, I couldn't finish MGS 2 because of my inner obsessive compulsive screaming out in pain each time I got caught so I had to reset it and start over. Eventually it just became a chore so I stopped.

Syrinx

Is the issue with BD's second half with the story or the gameplay or what? Cause if it's the story then I don't really care since the story kinda sucks anyway.

zeroshiki

I remember different ones mentioned watching it a couple of years ago but did AnimeGaf watch it last year?

I haven't watched them but I thought they had an official YouTube live stream set up for AKB48 elections or something?

I know they did it two years ago but I don't know if AnimeGAF did a live chat last year. I'm usually at work when its happening so I couldn't participate.

Jeez, you are really messing with my expectations here. Only 3 hours in, but I am loving the hell out of it. It's everything I wanted Final Fantasy to be since X.

Are there people actually cool with the second half?

In the OT I've seen people who have accepted the second half for what it is and don't hate it as much as others. But they still complain over the inconsistencies in the writing

GaoGaiGar Final - 3

YESSSSSSSS.

cx6hW4G.jpg

The most powerful attack in the history of mecha hath returned. (sort of)

President Dan Green is back to help stop the Spiral Nemesis! Man, I really wish the rest of this show was dubbed. Dan Green would have been amazing in this scene :(.

Ten bloody episodes! :(
A crime ...

A crime !

Does your friend normally import games or buy them online as apposed to in stores? Just thinking of the actions one would have to go through to buy it seems like it would be a tip off to me that the game is in Japanese?

It's a weird combinaison of erros , from :
-using my bookmarked websites for purchases
-not wanting to read because "it's easier this way"
He actually found out that the game on amazon but "this was a japanese version so he thought that my website was better because that' were i get my other english games"

Bravely Default!

i downloaded the demo months ago and i still haven't played it.
gotta start fire emblem awakening first.

cajunator

Banned
You already don't like MGS and now you dis RPGs? Cajun do you even play the video gamuus.

Yes I play videogames. I dont like games that are mostly cutscenes and video though, which most games are moving to now. I skip as many cutscenes as possible when given the option. Whatever happens in those is of no consequence.

To my eternal shame, I couldn't finish MGS 2 because of my inner obsessive compulsive screaming out in pain each time I got caught so I had to reset it and start over. Eventually it just became a chore so I stopped.

This is exactly why I dontl ike RPGs or Metal Gear Solid. Playing them is a chore for me.

Everybody should play Danganronpa instead~

I watched the anime. I understand it doesn't compare to the game and all, but I got what I needed from it.

Which of course translates to upupupupupupupupupupupu~

Is the issue with BD's second half with the story or the gameplay or what? Cause if it's the story then I don't really care since the story kinda sucks anyway.

Kind of both actually. They take away most creativity you can do to play the game with jobs and practically force you to exploit the combinations of systems that make you OP so you're not killed.

Everybody should play Danganronpa instead~
too many burned souls here by the awefull anime.

Yes I play videogames. I dont like games that are mostly cutscenes and video though, which most games are moving to now. I skip as many cutscenes as possible when given the option. Whatever happens in those is of no consequence.
Then play a rpg were the gameplay is the primary focus , like atelier totori/meruru.

-------------------------
Witchcraft Works - 07

Again quite a good adaptation of the manga ..it's spot-on and very entertaining , from the power-up method to the cast of characters. If the flying Cg sequences weren't so bad it would have been a clear favorite for this season.

0Wgc7k0.jpg

Seitokai Yakuindomo S2 7

Tsuda, don't be crushing those Uomi flags.

I may like your straight man routine, but I will get on your case if your denseness starts popping up more frequently.

Nafe

Playing a game that came out after 2004 means you're doing it wrong.

Pong on an oscilloscope is game of the forever,haha.

I didn't really know about or pay any attention to MGS until I saw some magazines that seemed like they wouldn't stop talking about the second game. Finally I decided to look at the articles to see what the big deal was. It actually sounded pretty neat so I got the first game for Christmas around when the second game came out and wound up really liking it overall.

The second game starts out pretty good but then the story gets weird and the design and visuals seemed pretty boring and uninspired. It's like they devoted all their energy more to the beginning from what I can recall so I came across as a bit disappointed. I've thought about giving it another go though. I then played the third game and wound up really liking it was well. I haven't played the fourth yet because no PS3 yet.

I know they did it two years ago but I don't know if AnimeGAF did a live chat last year. I'm usually at work when its happening so I couldn't participate.

Maybe this year.

It's a weird combinaison of erros , from :
-using my bookmarked websites for purchases
-not wanting to read because "it's easier this way"
He actually found out that the game on amazon but "this was a japanese version so he thought that my website was better because that' were i get my other english games

Ah, that makes a bit more sense. Sort of. Haha.
Well, hopefully in the end they like it or at least like/liked the anime.

Ah, that makes a bit more sense. Sort of. Haha.
Well, hopefully in the end they like it or at least like/liked the anime.

Sorry about the typos ... it's kinda a weird impulsive person ...
Anyway he liked the anime enough that he wanted to play the game.

--------------------
Tokyo ravens - 19

So everyone knows about the "secret" but only a handfull of people trully know what this means ..well this turn of events was obvious from the start.
Will bakatora be aware about hokuto before the antagonists of this arc blow up the party ?

That's the only thing unsure right now.

Nafe

Sorry, VP2 was 2006.

I'm actually still catching up on PS2 RPG games that I missed,haha.
I might have to get the PSP version of the first game as well. I don't know if it's better or worse but I think the original PlayStation version is pretty expensive now.

GaoGaiGar Final - 4

Holy shit. This is like a completely different show from before.

Papillion reveals to be still alive as a replica, and everyone's happy. Very happy, so happy that they decide there's no reason to fight and that all the robots should shut dow-wait wat.

I forgot to mention my surprise at HyoRyu and EnRyu still being alive last episode. Yeesh, these guys sure come back from the dead a lot. I didn't see GoldyMarg anywhere though :(. It hardly matters now that everybody got shut down, I mean damn.

What the hell was up with that bondage scene? Did SDBurton sneak in some of his fantasies in this show while drunk?

Wait a second-CAIN?!? No. He's a duplicate right? He has to be. No way the Cain who was practically the key that saved everyone in the series is part of the 11 soul masters...right?

My mind is full of so much what from this episode. There's so much shit going down right now.

Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha 06

http://i.imgur.com/EsdMyG5l.jpg[/IM]

All that Uka x Touka.[/QUOTE]

Best part of series,

Also unrelated, but Blue Exorcist is getting a dub, just saw the ad in toonami. That's awesome. The show was pretty decent, but I wish it would have kept the tone of the first episode instead of going for typical battle school setting.

Barakamon will be animated by Kinema Citrus.

On a quest to discover why a famous curator critiqued his calligraphy as "rigid and bland," handsome, arrogant, self-centred Handa Seishu forced to continue his work while living on a remote island.

A city boy to the core, Handa is surprised (and annoyed) by his wacky new neighbors and their odd habits - people traveling around on tractors as if they were cars, unwanted visitors who never use the front door, annoying kids using his home as a base...the list of grievances grows by the minute.

Can a city guy really adapt to an easy-going island life? Find out in this silly comedy full of innocence and laughter!

Also unrelated, but Blue Exorcist is getting a dub, just saw the ad in toonami. That's awesome. The show was pretty decent, but I wish it would have kept the tone of the first episode instead of going for typical battle school setting.

It already had a dub for a while. I even saw the movie in theaters dubbed. It's just the first time it's airing on TV.

Barakamon will be animated by Kinema Citrus.

Looking forward to this.

-------------------------------------------

Witch Craft Works 07

I oddly don't really remember this happening in the manga. Then again, the current arc in the manga kinda muddles my memory of anything in the manga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom