• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Well, it's more the incest thing that weirds me out more than anything else I suppose. lol

The best ghost! It was a fun romcom and very much full of Oonumaisms straight out of Natsu no Arashi.

I think I'm the only one who liked the first episode. lol

I liked it too. I just know most people didnt.

CorvoSol

Weirded out by yuri? Nonsense!

rODampd.gif

Quasar

Nagi no Asukara 20 - Hmm. Well all things considered its kind uneventful.

I guess some people were surprised by Manaka waking up. The interesting part I guess was how alert she is right from the start.

Glad to see Tsumgu get a scene and one where he reveals his feelings, even if not to Chiaki.

The whole water getting colder since Manaka was rescued is interesting, as is the whole Manaka losing Ena / Miuna gaining Ena. Hadn't really thought of that directly before it being mentioned.

cajunator

Banned
Furu Metal Panic 01

It starts out with a nice action scene with a mech grabbing a helicopter out of the air and destroying it.
Good start right there. The main thing is that the school antics in Fumoffu actually seem to occur a bit here too but with more subdued effect. Chidori likes Douglas Adams. I like this girl.

So I realize that this is a naive question, and I already asked this in IRC, but as someone who started watching Kill La Kill at episode 17, can someone explain if there's any relevant reason why the
mother keeps molesting her daughter
? Is it more than fanservice?

Why would you start at 17? It's not really your kind of show in the first place?

firehawk12

Subete no aware

CorvoSol

Persona 4 21

Yeah, that's about how I felt when that happened.

Furu Metal Panic 01

It starts out with a nice action scene with a mech grabbing a helicopter out of the air and destroying it.
Good start right there. The main thing is that the school antics in Fumoffu actually seem to occur a bit here too but with more subdued effect. Chidori likes Douglas Adams. I like this girl.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssss

Only 3 episodes, AND it's on Hulu?

I know what I'm watching next.

"It's only 3 episodes."

UectYeh.gif

Jintor

Dusk Maiden of Amnesia 1

I dunno what you guys were talking about, that was pretty funny.

Animation/artstyle is kind of eh tho, but like I said, premise is interesting enough and these character dynamics look fun too!

I could see it being ultimately kind of pointless in a story arc or something but it's a good setup kind of thingy, lets you know where character relationships stand etc

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Yeah, First episode.

It's just not the emotions that I like to have dug up when I'm watching something, especially in my current state of stress, anxiety, depression, etc.

I'll be sticking to much easier, relaxing shows.

I want to recommend chuuniyou to you, but the last 3 episodes of season 1 can be a downer, but after you get through that, its been super great so far. season 2 has been almost perfect.

Dusk Maiden of Amnesia 1

I dunno what you guys were talking about, that was pretty funny.

Animation/artstyle is kind of eh tho, but like I said, premise is interesting enough and these character dynamics look fun too!

I could see it being ultimately kind of pointless in a story arc or something but it's a good setup kind of thingy, lets you know where character relationships stand etc

I really loved this show, it was a very weird romance story with a horror element.

Golden Time 19

I have had nothing but good stuff to say about this show these past few episodes, and it all correlates to no Ghost Banri. Another fantastic episode. Koko continues to be ultimate clingy girlfriend, but since Banri is a reacher he doesn't mind. The almost sexy scene I think was the most realistic an anime has gotten over how relationships are irl most of the time, with awkward shit happening every 5 seconds haha it was brilliant. Poor Koko, but at least Banri is interested in it as well.

Mitsuo plot wasn't as awkward as I thought it was gonna be. And ever since Banri Koko and Linda have been honest to each other, Linda has really shot up in the likability to the point I genuinely look forward to her appearances now since now she's ultimate bro Linda. I am genuinely rooting for
Linda and Mitsuo
to hook up since it'd mean less chance of drama and more chance of Koko x Banri moments, which are the best scenes in this show outside of 2D-kun existing. I'm gonna be sad when this show ends.

Narag

If I can start watching at episode 16 and not miss anything, how is that not at least as bad as AoT pacing?

superior
2 minute
clip show filling in the gaps. to be fair though, when that assertion was made, it was right after everything had apparently been thrown out the window.

Midonin

Chu2Koi Ren 07

A pleasure to have more Satone. Her earnestness about her role as Rikka's frenemy has made me want to see more of her since her debut. Also because I want to see Juri Nagatsuma get more roles, I grew to like her when she was playing Kanna. Pretty heartwarming episode all around. An umbrella for Rikka is a perfect gift, I can't wait to see what it looks like in the delusion world. The scene with the monkey was pretty funny, too.

I have my suspicions that Satone may be the one who created the Mori Summer page (she is a follower of her philosophy), but nothing's been confirmed on that just yet.

Jintor

I'd be like saying you can skip Fellowship of the Rings because all you need to know at the start of Two Towers is that Gandalf got a band together and they're going to drop a ring in a volcano.

cajunator

Banned
Fmp 02

namuch going on yet. More school stuff. Sousuke obviously tailing Chidori everywhere labelling it a coincidence lol. The KGB is up to something.

After War Gundam X - 2

This really is a different kind of war than I'd expect from a real robot show like Gundam. This is more chaos kind of war than your standard two countries fighting kind of war. This isn't one asshole nation fighting another nation, this is survival of the fittest but with mechas.

But even in a world like this I'm glad the main character's got a lot of energy and not some boring whiny ass (So far anyway).

So Garrod's Gundam's main attack is essentially the robot's Kamehameha...and Tiffa's hella scared as he just
killed so many people with his giant laser beams.

CorvoSol

Duckroll wouldn't do that to me.

Duckroll mislead the entire genre of mecha into this dark age of CGI robots. He is the false prophet, crying in the wilderness "Lo I am here" and "Lo I am there."

ICE 1

Well, I thought I understood what was going on so far.

Then the last five minutes happened.

Birds turning into flowers.

Flowers turning into birds.

iT3IuoNm7FayN.png

I remember when Flowers turning into birds and the Sperm of Christ were the wackiest elements of ICE to me.

Fmp 02

namuch going on yet. More school stuff. Sousuke obviously tailing Chidori everywhere labelling it a coincidence lol. The KGB is up to something.

When isn't the KGB up to something?

I don't know. Is that what happens in Kill la Kill?

It happens in Gao Gai Gar, but that's another castle.

cajunator

Banned
Full metal panties 03

yup. Pantsu.
but theres some shady shit going on for real. There are very sinister looking folks about. Also
someone has that disc
Chidofi doesnt like sousuke very much after this episode lol.

Ghost Stories 1

Holy shit, the dubbing for this is amazing.

"What's a lesbian?"

Gaist Crusher 1

Why the fuck does Red have a Frohawk? Better yet, why do they keep fucking throwing him around? I mean... shit

Bubblegum Crisis 2040 1

I think that one chick is anime fat... and I'm okay with that. That being said, there sure are a lot of females in this show. I mean shit, she chased after that one chick IN HIGH HEELS! AND CAUGHT UP WITH HER!

Man, the faces make me think "This dude is a creeper".

Science Ninja Team Gatchaman 1

A lot of people were killed off. EVEN BY GOOD GUYS! REMEMBER WHEN HEROES WERE MURDERERS!? Hell the same applies to 1st Era Precure, where they were raging psychopaths.

Also a lot of Jun the swan pantsu

Kamen Rider 1

Someone already died, good lord. The main dude seems to be rather ridiculous in terms of his feats, he's like... a perfect man basically. Although I really get the "Rider" part of the name now.

This has better fight coreography than the Nolan Batman film. LOL

Akibarangers 1

"This video isn't available in your country"

ao3nLFk.jpg

cajunator

Banned
3 eps is a good stopping point for now. Im getting tired and I dont wanna fall asleep mid episode as I am prone to doing.
I look forward to more Kino impressions, Corvy and you can start Princess Tutu as well when you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom