• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazoinks

Log Horizon 21

Nice cooldown episode between arcs. There's only a few episodes left, but it looks like we're starting another arc.

I guess this was the shipping episode. :p All of the cute couples.

AIR MEGANE.

DominoKid

Kuroko's Basketball S2 20

tumblr_n1eyvkNF9g1rdfsmyo1_500.gif

These motherfuckers got 2 straight shutouts lmao. Only the Japanese could make basketball this damn ridiculous. Murasakibara is like a Monstar version of Anthony Davis apparently.

I can't wait to see how Seirin breaks this down.

Gazoinks

Tonari no Seki-kun 8

Haha, fun episode. The ones where Yokoi gets really invested are the best. Truly Shogi is home to the most enduring stories of our time.

Space dandy - 08

Space%20Dandy%20-%2008.jpg

It's raining , right ?

First part : 9.2/10
( very good ) , started goofy , ended nicely , the jokes were alright and the characters were shinning .

Second part : 6/10
( No real pay - off and many parts were uneven ) worse note because the pay-off of this second part wasn't that great.

Mature

But does he watch OVA or Movie? Movie version superior imo.
Hmm? Isn't the movie version just a condensed way of viewing the OVA? I didn't think it was really necessary.

Well actually his family where suppliers for the original Zero plane!
Well thank God we don't have to outright dismiss all his credibility. You're looking really stupid right about now, Hosoda.

What about this Macross 2, though?
It's wholly unremarkable. It doesn't really feel like Macross and it's super 90's. You might enjoy laughing at it, I guess?

Gintama 219

Punching Bag Man? More like One Punch Man
Because he gets decked in one punch, get it?

Man, the Anti-Foreigners aren't even serious, they're like middle school girls planning their slumber party with Shinsengumi-Senpai.

Saki - The nationals - 07

So all those mikos are walking cheat codes . i mean why play mahjong when you can
summon a god to play for them or to negate other people powers ?

Why the heck would you kick Etopen ? it's not a soccer ball dammit !

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Diamond no Ace Episode 20:

You know, as soon as they started taking the good natured bets over Tanba's pitching, I knew this arc was going to end in injury. Indeed, Tanba got knocked the fuck out by an errant baseball and has a cracked chinbone and temporary ownership of the Ace designation. Naturally the team is rather and legitimately shaken over this turn of events, especially since the Summer tournament is right around the bend. Before we get to that arc, we have in interlude because they remembered this is still High School and there are still tests to take. I enjoyed the Spring Training arc, but I am certainly ready for some real stakes.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
One Piece - 632

Really enjoyable episode. While Sanji always had the habit of falling for any pretty woman in sight, looks like he's legitimately love struck with Violet. Would be great if
this possible pairing actually works out for Sanji but knowing Oda I'm sure it's going to crumble by the time the crew depart from Dressrosa. Because god forbid we have a legitimate couple in OP.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
One Piece - 632

Really enjoyable episode. While Sanji always had the habit of falling for any pretty woman in sight, looks like he's legitimately love struck with Violet. Would be great if
this possible pairing actually works out for Sanji but knowing Oda I'm sure it's going to crumble by the time the crew depart from Dressrosa. Because god forbid we have a legitimate couple in OP.

Don't get me started on Boa Handcock how wasted all of that interaction has been.

Gintama' 220

Oh god, the Hedero family bath fun time adventures, ft Shinsengumi.

Oh gawd, POOR KONDO, GOT HIS BACK RIPPED THE FUCK OFF

Sogo's attempts to escape was probably the best part of this episode.

Recently, my sister dreamed about me being naked and wearing only a apron 7

Captains are scary, twintails is a better little sister, and the emotionless girl screwing up the play was good.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Tonari no Seki-kun Episode 8:

Rumi and Shogi are a dangerous combination, yet it is all highly entertaining. Yes, I think the Shogi episodes have been my favorites thus far.

Angel Beats 13

Hm... Well, surprise twist at the end, but why was she there before he arrived though? A little bit touching, but the credits for some reason were more touching for me.

Some decent comedy, but lacking in the feels department and the story was not really interesting in the end. Parts of it felt like it ripped off Haruhi too. Episode 10 was the best one. Probably my least favorite Key anime of the ones I've seen so far. Some good music as always though.

Because of the comedy, episode 10 and music I can give it 2.5/5 windup dogs:
fkvC1uz.png
fkvC1uz.png
QhLkHcS.png
aP1kQTx.png
aP1kQTx.png

CorvoSol

Mazinger versus the Great General of Darkness

Or, as I like to call it, Kouji gets beat the shit out of for 35 minutes and then Tetsuya steals the show.

So, between this, the last episode of the original Mazinger, and Shin Mazinger Z, I think I have a good enough grasp on what happens to really be okay going into Great Mazinger. Basically, after the Mazinger Corps defeat Dr. Hell's King of Hell, the Mycenae return (whether because of Baron Asura's sacrifice or Duke Gorgon's waking The Great General of Darkness up.) and succeed in beating Mazinger to a pulp. At this point, Kenzo Kabuto, son of Juuzou and father of Kouji and Shiro, comes back from the dead (and not as a Kedora) and debuts the Great Mazinger and its pilot Tetsuya (who we'll pretend is named for Kouji's uncle on his mother's side.). Great Mazinger beats back the Mycenae, and Kouji and Sayaka pull a Kamille and Fa/ Judau and Roux and decide to get out of town before things get worse. And thus the stage is set for Great Mazinger.

Beyond that not a lot to mention here. 45 minutes of mecha action, so that was good. Kouji wore his shirt tied above his navel which is something I have only ever seen girls do, but that's that. Goofy scene where Kouji tries to get in the shower with Sayaka because hey, it's Nagai. Really liked the brief moment where Sayaka gives Kouji the birthday present Shiro bought him. She doesn't say anything to him, they don't even touch, but you can tell how they feel all the same.

So now I just need to rewatch War in the Pocket and we can move on to round 2 of the Classic Mecha marathon.

Gintama' 221

Monkey's name is so long it eats up 30 seconds time. It's so long THEY MADE A FUCKING SONG ABOUT IT! THE NAME IS SO LONG
WE NEEDED AN EXTRA EPISODE TO FINISH IT!

Kyubei pls

cajunator

Banned
I feel like I need to ramp up watching fmp cause you will finish Kinos much quicker. But you also offered to watch something additional. Sooo Princess Tutu. But you can watch it later after clearing your backlog. I am enjoying FMP and will continue watching more tonight.

CorvoSol

I feel like I need to ramp up watching fmp cause you will finish Kinos much quicker. But you also offered to watch something additional. Sooo Princess Tutu. But you can watch it later after clearing your backlog. I am enjoying FMP and will continue watching more tonight.

Well bear in mind that between FMP and TSR you have some 40 episodes, and if you throw Fumoffu in (just so you can get the full experience) you clock out at slightly over 50 episodes. So Tutu is really my only means of making this even with you.

Articalys

Gintama' 221

Monkey's name is so long it eats up 30 seconds time. It's so long THEY MADE A FUCKING SONG ABOUT IT! THE NAME IS SO LONG
WE NEEDED AN EXTRA EPISODE TO FINISH IT!

Kyubei pls
Just you wait, there's
another small meta-payoff involving the monkey that's coming up in a handful of episodes. Though it's not as funny if you don't also know about Sket Dance..

cnet128

Banned
Nobunagun 8
iRFmkT1PNBfQH.png

Well, I can't say I'd object to such a development. It would keep both of them away from Shio, who belongs to me Asao-san.
I have to wonder if the "NICE COUPLE" phrasing is deliberately aping Buddy Complex or if it's just a beautiful coincidence.

isaEdU3HojemA.png

This, on the other hand, is a HELLS NO. (Though Shio's bikini is wonderful <3)

On the non-gag-scene side of things, Shio got another chance to really shine in battle this episode, and nailed it as always. Fuck yeah Shio
making the split-second decision to blast apart their own ship to prevent disaster
. You sure showed everyone how it's done.

Also, poor Galileo ;_; I'm not going to fault Vidocq on his decisions, but he certainly needs to do something about his attitude ò_ó

cajunator

Banned
Well bear in mind that between FMP and TSR you have some 40 episodes, and if you throw Fumoffu in (just so you can get the full experience) you clock out at slightly over 50 episodes. So Tutu is really my only means of making this even with you.

Sounds fair.

Angel Beats 13

Hm... Well, surprise twist at the end, but why was she there before he arrived though? A little bit touching, but the credits for some reason were more touching for me.

Some decent comedy, but lacking in the feels department and the story was not really interesting in the end. Parts of it felt like it ripped off Haruhi too. Episode 10 was the best one. Probably my least favorite Key anime of the ones I've seen so far. Some good music as always though.

Because of the comedy, episode 10 and music I can give it 2.5/5 windup dogs:
fkvC1uz.png
fkvC1uz.png
QhLkHcS.png
aP1kQTx.png
aP1kQTx.png

Lol windup dogs.

I am glad you enjoyed it. I teared up more on episode 13 then I did on 10 but different strokes and all that.

Yeah the last credits of the anime really drive home that
these characters are gone
. It had a satisfying ending and gave an entire episode to
say goodbye to the remaining cast which is more than what you can say for most anime.

Although I love the nod after the credits to the possibility that Kanade and Yuzuru met again in their next lives.

I still like Angel Beats more than Air and Little Busters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom