• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just you wait, there's
another small meta-payoff involving the monkey that's coming up in a handful of episodes. Though it's not as funny if you don't also know about Sket Dance..

Something tells me this is more of a recommendation.

Gintama' 222

The amount of shit that was flung this episode makes the last one tame in comparison.

AND THEY MADE ITS NAME EVEN LONGER! Shinpachi weeps!

The moral of the story is, shorter names are great, and... be a dog.

Zero no Tsukaima impressions always remind me that Noboru Yamaguchi died before he could finish the series =(. 22 volumes were planned but only 20 were released before his death. Fuck you cancer.

I was actually thinking of getting into the series but then I heard of his death :(. Even if I do watch all those seasons I'll only feel a hollow emptiness when I finish it because I know the story never actually ended.

But you know what makes this even more heartbreaking? IIRC the last thing he said before he stopped working on the volumes were that he really wanted to live to see the series through to completion.

crying-waterfalls.gif

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Nobunagun 8

isaEdU3HojemA.png

On the non-gag-scene side of things, Shio got another chance to really shine in battle this episode, and nailed it as always. Fuck yeah Shio
making the split-second decision to blast apart their own ship to prevent disaster
. You sure showed everyone how it's done.

Also, poor Galileo ;_; I'm not going to fault Vidocq on his decisions, but he certainly needs to do something about his attitude ò_ó

Are they still trying to ship Shio with that Jack the Ripper guy? Or any man for that matter?

NeonZ

I'm watching Urusei Yatsura right now, just got to episode 28. Do people generally prefer the full episode stories? Right now, they can't keep my attention as well as the half episode ones. It seems like with more screentime the stories right now just have slower pacing and more repeated jokes, and that doesn't really help a comedy.

I was actually thinking of getting into the series but then I heard of his death :(. Even if I do watch all those seasons I'll only feel a hollow emptiness when I finish it because I know the story never actually ended.

But you know what makes this even more heartbreaking? IIRC the last thing he said before he stopped working on the volumes were that he really wanted to live to see the series through to completion.

crying-waterfalls.gif

This is how I felt when the author and creator of Kaze no Stigma died leaving the story unfinished.

I'm going through Urusei Yatsura right now, just got to episode 28. Do people generally prefer the full episode stories? Right now, they can't keep my attention as well as the half episode ones. It seems like with more screentime the stories right now just have slower pacing and more repeated jokes, and that doesn't really help a comedy.

It's probably more dependent on how a show does it, among other factors. Guess wait for better stories to pop up????

I know there are a couple people in here that wants me to start this ._.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I'm going through Urusei Yatsura right now, just got to episode 28. Do people generally prefer the full episode stories? Right now, they can't keep my attention as well as the half episode ones. It seems like with more screentime the stories right now just have slower pacing and more repeated jokes, and that doesn't really help a comedy.
The writing starts getting better around that time, which is why people prefer them.

Recently, I found out my sister gets turned on by little fish 8

As much as I don't care about the show, I'm willing to admit the older brother is a pretty swell guy.

Also those were some pretty terrible looking fish.

CorvoSol

Orphen 22

Azaly really, really sucks at hiding the fact that she's an ambitious witch who hijacked her master's body. Like REALLY sucks at it. Hardia put it together in a matter of days.

Jex

I'm watching Urusei Yatsura right now, just got to episode 28. Do people generally prefer the full episode stories? Right now, they can't keep my attention as well as the half episode ones. It seems like with more screentime the stories right now just have slower pacing and more repeated jokes, and that doesn't really help a comedy.

The writing and even to some extent the tone of the show change about there so that's why people don't like the earliest episodes that much compared to what comes after.

So the anime ending was an original ending?

Yeah. Even before the season aired it was announced that it will be final season so I guess Yamaguchi was already in pretty bad shape (Season ended in March 2012, Yamaguchi died in April 2013, last volume was released February 2011). Still I think the anime original ending wrapped things pretty nicely.

Yeah... =/. Not to mention he was only 41. Too young.

Mr.Jeff

Infinite Stratos - 08
Things this episode taught us:
Ichika is a shit.
Charl is the best.
Laura vastly improved by not being a bitch.
Everyone else is pointless.
Houki should lie dead in an unmarked grave.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss

That's right around the point where i started to enjoy the show more, so stick with it for a few more episodes at least and see how you like it?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah. Even before the season aired it was announced that it will be final season so I guess Yamaguchi was already in pretty bad shape (Season ended in March 2012, Yamaguchi died in April 2013, last volume was released February 2011). Still I think the anime original ending wrapped things pretty nicely.

Yeah... =/. Not to mention he was only 41. Too young.
Well, at least he saw the anime end if nothing else.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Nobunagun Episode 8:

Alright, this was certainly a return to form after a questionable few episodes there. Nobunagian is very confused with her shipping choices, at least on the surface, I think the OTP is shining through and it looks like next episode is going to deal with that somehow. Anyway, it was nice to see both platoons working in tandem
and I am glad they are finally fighting an actual threat now.
I look forward to the next episode.

Lol windup dogs.

I am glad you enjoyed it. I teared up more on episode 13 then I did on 10 but different strokes and all that.

Yeah the last credits of the anime really drive home that
these characters are gone
. It had a satisfying ending and gave an entire episode to
say goodbye to the remaining cast which is more than what you can say for most anime.

Although I love the nod after the credits to the possibility that Kanade and Yuzuru met again in their next lives.

I still like Angel Beats more than Air and Little Busters.

Dunno if I'd go so far as saying I enjoyed it. It was so-so. Only teared up a little bit during episode 10. I found some other bits moving or sad, but there was no tearing up then. Maybe I would have liked it more if I hadn't watched other Key animes first.

Kanon >= Clannad+After Story > Air > Clannad The Motion Picture > Angel Beats is my list of Key stuff so far. Of course, Kanon was the first one I saw so that's maybe part of the reason I like that one the most, just like you seem to like Angel Beats a lot. Not seen Little Busters yet.

Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 20 – Reunion

Great reunion episode. Alibaba doing the reverse of Aladdin in s1 made their relationship feel like it evolved to the next level.

Magi always ends when things get so good. Team Magnoshuttat, hope they come out triumphant.

cnet128

Banned
Are they still trying to ship Shio with that Jack the Ripper guy? Or any man for that matter?

There hasn't been that much in the way of Shio shipping in the past few episodes, but in the
dream sequence
this episode that those shots are from, it definitely seemed like Shio herself was still most interested in Asao-san.

The kid from the First Platoon seemed rather disappointed this episode when he met the real Shio and found out that the shopped swimsuit photos of her weren't entirely representative xp

Dunno if I'd go so far as saying I enjoyed it. It was so-so. Only teared up a little bit during episode 10. I found some other bits moving or sad, but there was no tearing up then. Maybe I would have liked it more if I hadn't watched other Key animes first.

Kanon >= Clannad+After Story > Air > Clannad The Motion Picture > Angel Beats is my list of Key stuff so far. Of course, Kanon was the first one I saw so that's maybe part of the reason I like that one the most, just like you seem to like Angel Beats a lot. Not seen Little Busters yet.

Kanon better than Clannad? I respect your opinion but I disagree. For me it's:

Clannad + After Story > Angel Beats > Kanon > Little Busters + Refrain > Air

Never watched the Clannad movie.

But that's fine. At least you didn't downright hate it. And yeah I hear that a lot about Key anime. It's almost like how most peoples first FF game is usually their favorite. I do like Angel Beats a lot. Lol. Little Busters is good, it's just that I didn't like how they went about telling the story even though the story taken as a whole is fine.

Anyways thanks for watching Angel Beats and giving it a fair shake. That's more than what most people here would apparently do. :)

CorvoSol

Star Driver 18

You mean to tell me that stuffy, frigid, cold class Pres./member of the evil organization
really just wants to be a pop music idol
?

THIS SHOW.

cnet128

Banned
Noragami 8

Well, the shit that the show has been ominously building up to for half its run finally seems to be going down, and I must admit the drama is pretty engaging. Maybe Yukine will get his act together and stop being such a self-absorbed ass now.

Best scenes are always the ones with Kofuku in them though. Her interactions with Bishamon this episode were utterly priceless.

Noragami 8
Finally Yukine realizes what he was missing. Too bad he let out his pent up rage and misery wrong and hurt Yato even more. Well something is certainly happening next episode

cajunator

Banned
Infinite Stratos - 08
Things this episode taught us:
Ichika is a shit.
Charl is the best.
Laura vastly improved by not being a bitch.
Everyone else is pointless.
Houki should lie dead in an unmarked grave.

Charl is absolutely the best. As long as you realize that then you got worth from this tripe lol.

Tonari no Seki-kun: The Master of Killing Time Episode 8

Reusing a concept that was already boring the first time around made this even more boring and dull this time. The story wasnt even good and just plain unoriginal and brought nothing new to the table. Only good part was like the ending
both needing to quick flip to the page

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Kuro Suwan:

Definitely better than Perfect Blue.

Mr.Jeff

Infinite Stratos - 09
Determined to at least clear season 1 of this garbage.
Also coincidentally the only episode I've actually enjoyed in some form. I place this entirely down to Charl and Laura with her new mood swing and the near complete lack of misery faced Houki. Maybe she'll be killed next episode. We can but hope.

Gintama' 223

HUZZAH, A Katsura episode! And Matsudaira. Clearly attempting to throw in a new pairing.

I don't even need to mention how absurdly good Katsura's antics are.

Infinite Stratos - 09
Determined to at least clear season 1 of this garbage.
Also coincidentally the only episode I've actually enjoyed in some form. I place this entirely down to Charl and Laura with her new mood swing and the near complete lack of misery faced Houki. Maybe she'll be killed next episode. We can but hope.

You can do this.

I dropped it within the first few mins lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom