• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Infinite Stratos - 09
Determined to at least clear season 1 of this garbage.
Also coincidentally the only episode I've actually enjoyed in some form. I place this entirely down to Charl and Laura with her new mood swing and the near complete lack of misery faced Houki. Maybe she'll be killed next episode. We can but hope.

Unfortunately not but youre almost finished!

Theonik

Zero no Tsukaima 12
iFz1tgE81uk9r.png

That foreshadowing. Remember a few episodes back when saitou was washing Louise's panties and there was a snap sound only to be ignored. WELL HERE IS THE RESULT.
I am not sure if I should be impressed by this.
So we are now at the conclusion. Oh look it's a Mitsubishi Zero.
THINGS ARE HAPPENING.
That Louise butt.

cnet128

Banned
Space Dandy 8

Controversial(?) opinion: I think I may have enjoyed the second half of this episode more than the first half.

That was a pretty charming dog, though.

Kanon better than Clannad? I respect you're opinion but I disagree. For me it's:

Clannad + After Story > Angel Beats > Kanon > Little Busters + Refrain > Air

Never watched the Clannad movie.

But that's fine. At least you didn't downright hate it. And yeah I hear that a lot about Key anime. It's almost like how most peoples first FF game is usually their favorite. I do like Angel Beats a lot. Lol. Little Busters is good, it's just that I didn't like how they went about telling the story even though the story taken as a whole is fine.

Anyways thanks for watching Angel Beats and giving it a fair shake. That's more than what most people here would apparently do. :)

Yeah. I know that liking Kanon more or the same as Clannad + After Story isn't exactly the common opinion ;)

The Clannad movie isn't really good and I wouldn't recommend it at all. But I started crying because I got reminded of the TV series when I watched it. I'm not even sure you could watch it and understand anything without watching the TV series first. If I somehow could have watched it and not get reminded of certain things in the TV series I'm sure I'd rank it much much lower than Angel Beats.

And I'll get to watching Little Busters (and the Air movie) sometime. Just need to watch other stuff in my backlog first.

I watched Angel Beats since the opinions seemed so split and you seemed to like it a lot, so I should thank you as well. Hehe.

Nobunaga The Fool Episode 7: The Hierophant
BhMfg43CUAAO-Ka.png

Fantastic fight to go with the depressing start of the episode, it was sad there coming off of six and then Nobunaga dealing with it all, Hide too in his moment. Mitsu, I dont even know how things will go if he ever makes the reveal.

Shingen v Nobu was best fight thus far.
but then Caesar with the back stab! So much backstabbing and lies this anime

This and Hamatora for best episode 7s of the season.

CorvoSol

Pretty sure he was drugged by the other 2.

Pretty much

Don't think , watch

Well sure, but I hope the show has a good explanation for all of this.

Higurashi Kai 8

It's really nice to see the team pull together like this. Shit's still gonna hit the fan, but it's nice to see it happen. Also I don't trust Hanyuu for a second.

Thought I was the only one...

You're not alone. I was devistated when I learned what happened. I really liked Kaze no Stigma and now it will never see a conclusion. :(

Yeah. I know that liking Kanon more or the same as Clannad + After Story isn't exactly the common opinion ;)

The Clannad movie isn't really good and I wouldn't recommend it at all. But I started crying because I got reminded of the TV series when I watched it. I'm not even sure you could watch it and understand anything without watching the TV series first. If I somehow could have watched it and not get reminded of certain things in the TV series I'm sure I'd rank it much much lower than Angel Beats.

And I'll get to watching Little Busters (and the Air movie) sometime. Just need to watch other stuff in my backlog first.

I watched Angel Beats since the opinions seemed so split and you seemed to like it a lot, so I should thank you as well. Hehe.

That's cool. It's your opinion. If you like something or like something more than what the norm says don't feel bad about it. It's totally valid. Just as long as you don't go overboard with it like XIII fans. :p

Clannad is so pure and perfect to me that I don't want to watch the movie because I am afraid it would taint my view on Clannad as a whole. So yeah I may never watch it. :/

Yeah tackle your backlog first and go at your own pace. Obviously I don't have a glowing view of Little Busters and Air. That being said I still think they are worth watching just to see their story's play out.

Oh no don't thank me. Especially if you thought it was so-so. I kind of feel like I wasted your time to be honest. But thanks for the kind words. I appreciate it. :)

Tonari no Seki-kun 8
A fantastic episode. Yokoi had amazing facial expressions when visualizing the events and the story was sort of moving even though it has a fairly simple plot.

cnet128

Banned
Buddy Complex 8

Best episode as expected. Delicious enemy bonding scenes. Interested to see where things will go from here.

I honestly can't believe Aoba still hasn't figured out that this Hina is earlier in her timeline than the Hina he originally met, though. I mean, he knows there's time-travel shit going on even if nobody else believes him, surely it can't be that hard to put two and two together ~.~ Has he just, like, never read/watched any time-travel fiction ever?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So was Nobunaga the Fool good this week? I kinda want to drop it just so I'll have a clean slate when the season ends (well, aside from Seki-kun, but that's a short, so whatever).

CorvoSol

So was Nobunaga the Fool good this week? I kinda want to drop it just so I'll have a clean slate when the season ends (well, aside from Seki-kun, but that's a short, so whatever).

I haven't seen it yet but don't hold your breath. Too much time wasted on wonky court antics and not enough stupid futuristic historical public domain throwdowns.

Theonik

Zero no Tsukaima 13 END
ip5bntMwhp6Ti.png

Where can I get my own?
Well this was a lot more fun than it had any right to be.
The final fight with the zero slain me.
I think I'm kinda fine with the reset for now.
It will depend solely on season 4 I think though.
I'm on a binge now and I can't be stopped. RIP Hidamari

Clannad is so pure and perfect to me that I don't want to watch the movie because I am afraid it would taint my view on Clannad as a whole. So yeah I may never watch it. :/

Yeah tackle your backlog first and go at your own pace. Obviously I don't have a glowing view of Little Busters and Air. That being said I still think they are worth watching just to see their story's play out.

Oh no don't thank me. Especially if you thought it was so-so. I kind of feel like I wasted your time to be honest. But thanks for the kind words. I appreciate it. :)

Yeah. I can see the movie tainting views of Clannad because the humour is much weirder, the characters are slightly different and it has a crappier Dango song. Same reason I have no real interest in watching Kanon 2002 because I love Kanon 2006 so much.

And it's the Air movie I haven't seen. Already seen the TV series + Air in the Summer. Dunno if you've seen the movie? Will probably watch that before Little Busters since it's only 1 1/2 hours long.

Eh, I've seen far worse shows. Was on my list of shows to watch anyway, but since you and everybody else started talking about it I pushed it to the front of my backlog.

cajunator

Banned
Zero no Tsukaima 13 END

Well this was a lot more fun than it had any right to be.
The final fight with the zero slain me.
I think I'm kinda fine with the reset for now.
It will depend solely on season 4 I think though.
I'm on a binge now and I can't be stopped. RIP Hidamari

Kugiloli has prevented me from really enjoying this show but I do own the series. Ill give it another shot though.

Theonik

Kugiloli has prevented me from really enjoying this show but I do own the series. Ill give it another shot though.
Well Kugiloli IS this show. If you don't enjoy Kugimiya yelling in your ear then this isn't the show for you.

done with lewd anime I say,

starts watching strike witches.
You've done well.

Louise isn't like other Kugilolis, she's the kind to set your loins ablaze with those leeeeeeeeeeegs.
HEAR HEAR

Mr.Jeff

Infinite Stratos - 10-END
Garbage series remains garbage to the end. I mean, how do you make a mech fight look boring?! Especially when the pilot is meant to get an overwhelming power upgrade.

Needless to say these last episode were terrible because they tried to develop Houki as a likable character which is pointless because as a childhood friend, she is destined to be worst girl.

1 episode out of 12 was enjoyable. That's not a good track record. And there's still another season....

Gazoinks

Infinite Stratos - 10-END
Garbage series remains garbage to the end. I mean, how do you make a mech fight look boring?! Especially when the pilot is meant to get an overwhelming power upgrade.

Needless to say these last episode were terrible because they tried to develop Houki as a likable character which is pointless because as a childhood friend, she is destined to be worst girl.

1 episode out of 12 was enjoyable. That's not a good track record. And there's still another season....

Why are you watching this?

Theonik

Well Im not interested in that aspect though she is a cutie. I would be willing to revisit it as I dont detest Kugimiya as much as I used to. Still cant stand Shana though.
Ah shana. Another show I discovered in my dark anime days from tracing cropped pictures of thighs. I watched the first few episodes. Should really finish that.

At least there was [best girl]Russia[/best girl].
Right Russia or Wrong Russia.

Mr.Jeff

Why are you watching this?
I made a watchbet with Theonik to watch Hyouka and he told me to watch a couple of specific episodes of IS. For whatever reason I foolishly upped the stakes to watching all of it instead.

Let this be a lesson not to fuck with watchbets. At least unless you're getting something good out of it.

Noragami Episode 8: Over the Line

Manabus story felt as if the outcome could have been different
the boy had the option to run if he was truly frightened instead of standing there at peeing in his pants
Yukine finally crying and such was good development, but communication on Yatos part could have solved their relationship too :/

Would have wanted more time in this school.

cnet128

Banned
Louise isn't like other Kugilolis, she's the kind to set your loins ablaze with those leeeeeeeeeeegs.

Don't say things like that, you'll make me feel more tempted to watch that show than I already am!

I seem to be developing something of a leg fetish recently >.>

Heartcatch Precure 7

Bahahahahaha
the student council president is a girl
! I have no idea how I managed to stay unspoiled on that. How appropriate that I watched this episode on the same day as Nisekoi 7, as well xp

I am sure I've heard the name Itsuki somewhere before, though. Maybe she's going to become the third Cure. I would be extremely pleased by such a development (and doubtless so would she, considering how jealous she seemed to be of the Cures' outfits even as a Desatorian XD)

Speaking of which, this Desatorian also had the power to turn people to stone. What, is that just a standard ability now? Poor Anacondy-san XD

After War Gundam X - 4
fBva5hm.jpg

And the award for weirdest thing to say before you kill someone goes to.....
Aw shit. These guys are screwwwwwed.

Like seriously, I don't know how the crew is gonna get out of this.

So the guy who poisoned Tiffa is the brother of Mr. tarot card guy from before, and he mentally informs his brother about the upcoming attack, to which he betrays the crew and kidnaps Tiffa like she's Princess Peach.

So let's look over the situation here. Tiffa, the reason they're staging this attack in the first place has been captured. There's a bunch of mobile suits closing in. A giant death laser was now just fired at them. How can they get out of this? Why, the Sattelite Laser Cannon of course! Oh wait, they can't use that either because if they use that and blow everybody away, Tiffa's gonna get killed from the sheer amount of mind-pain.

The only way I could possibly see a sliver of salvation here is if those two guys who ditched the crew like assholes have a change of heart and come back.

Ojamajo Doremi Na-i-sho - Episode 10: An Old Friend's Secret.

I'm still in awe over last episode, baseball has never been so good!

Anyway Aiko should totally get back with Anrima, she should also
stop making stupid bets with him
. I loved it when he came to protect Aiko from those kids as a masked hero, so cute!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom