• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Space dandy - 08

First part : 9.2/10
( very good ) , started goofy , ended nicely , the jokes were alright and the characters were shinning .

Second part : 6/10
( No real pay - off and many parts were uneven ) worse note because the pay-off of this second part wasn't that great.

Yeah the first half was pretty good, had some feels and showed a bit of depth to the characters besides one-note jokes. Dandy already had that, but Meow didn't have it.

The second part was an attempt by the director/writers to come back to goofy space dandy on the same episode. And it didn't pay off. It felt uneven.

Also thanks to all the people who confirmed the moldy fridge was a reference to cowboy bebop. I knew I wasn't crazy

Mr.Jeff

Jeffu-san, what do I have to watch for you to finish Strike Witches?

If I was being sadistic, I would suggest something like Dragonaut* or perhaps Kiss Dum: Engage Planet. However, after scanning your list you're lacking in Crest of the Stars so I'd probably say that.

Although this is all hypothetical since I have 1 more series of IS to get through without throwing myself off a cliff.

*If I can make it through this, I can make it through IS.

Theonik

Jeffu-san, what do I have to watch for you to finish Strike Witches?
If only I'd known at the time!

If I was being sadistic, I would suggest something like Dragonaut* or perhaps Kiss Dum: Engage Planet. However, after scanning your list you're lacking in Crest of the Stars so I'd probably say that.

Although this is all hypothetical since I have 1 more series of IS to get through without throwing myself off a cliff.

I'd watchbet for CoTS/Banner I/II! It would be a noble goal.

cajunator

Banned

S2 is a bit more fun.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Saki: Zenkoku-hen - 07

K96n8qF.png

SHIT IS ABOUT TO GET REAL.

Let me know when you're not dying then! I think I've had that on my backlog for a while now.

Syrinx

Happiness Charge Precure 4

10th anniversary intro done by Cure Moonlight. Aya Hisakawa is the best seiyuu.

One thing I'm disappointed in with this show so far is the villains. None of them have made an impression like pretty much all of them in Heartcatch or Wolfrun from Smile. This guy's thing is that he's a slacker with a top hat and cane. Not good enough buddy.

I gotta say, I really do not like this ED at all.

Tonari no Seki-Kun 8

Apparently they heard the complaints that the previous part of this episode was the best one so they made a sequel. And it was very good. Haha I don't mind this rivalry/playfulness vs her taking away his toys

Kingdom s2 ep 22

Meng Tian, Wang Ben, and Xin teaming up is the best thing to ask for. Sure it would be good if it were a competition to get Lun Hu but with all three working together to get their name recognized in all of China, even better. Not much action but more talking but it was worth it for this new gen. Hyped for more.

cnet128

Banned
Happiness Charge Precure 4

One thing I'm disappointed in with this show so far is the villains. None of them have made an impression like pretty much all of them in Heartcatch or Wolfrun from Smile. This guy's thing is that he's a slacker with a top hat and cane. Not good enough buddy.

My experience with Precure so far has taught me that good villains are a rare and precious commodity...unless your name is Splash Star, in which case they're two-a-penny. (The Heartcatch ones do indeed seem to have promise as well from the little I've seen of them so far.)

Theonik

Zero no Tsukaima S2 01
Well that reset sure was fast. I think I'll manage somehow however. I almost regret not dropping after the first 5 minutes of S2. This would have been a perfect epilogue to end it on!
Oh well.
<InternetA>Elf girl is best anyway
<me>...Elf Girl?
<InternetB>She shows up on Season 3.
<me>I will be on Season 3 by the end of the week
ONWARDS I MARCH

Yeah the show started to get shitty for me (ZNT) because they did that one thing in season 1 or 2 that was all dramatic and 5 minutes later they're all "LAWL NOPE RESET"

CorvoSol

Kino's Journey 4

OH DAMN.
Kino's homeland is an awful, awful place.
I think that in the vein that one might consider last week's episode a critique of religion and by extension interpretation, this episode is about the folly of "reason". Because everyone in the Land of Adults is "reasonable" to the point of absurdity, whereas Kino, a dreamer with a bit of nonsense in his pocket, is the only one truly sane.

But pushing past just that, there's a lot about "what does it truly mean to be happy?" and "what does it truly mean to enjoy life?" going on in this episode. Everyone in the land smiles outwardly and bears their burdens with a smile, but inwardly they're miserable, and they hold life in no special regard because they find no joy in it. Kino, by contrast, rarely smiles, and cannot be said to be doing some great work in his life, but there is a magic and joy about him, and
the loss of his life is greatly mourned.

Noragami 8

I can't fucking stand Yukine now. Looks like next episode will resolve this matter, but jesus fuck what a little whiny brat this show has been brought down with his addition.

I'm watching Urusei Yatsura right now, just got to episode 28. Do people generally prefer the full episode stories? Right now, they can't keep my attention as well as the half episode ones. It seems like with more screentime the stories right now just have slower pacing and more repeated jokes, and that doesn't really help a comedy.

To me was just the contrary. The half episodes made sleep in the second part, I prefer the full episodes. There are some nice ones from where you are now.

Ojamajo Doremi Na-i-sho - Episode 9: The Witches' Secret

Perfection. That is all.

Best baseball episode ever.

Ojamajo Doremi Na-i-sho - Episode 10: An Old Friend's Secret.

I'm still in awe over last episode, baseball has never been so good!

Anyway Aiko should totally get back with Anrima, she should also
stop making stupid bets with him
. I loved it when he came to protect Aiko from those kids as a masked hero, so cute!

No she shouldn't (LN spoilers)
and she won't, because he's a jerk. =p
Nobuko needs Aiko more.

=========================================================

But the almighty Helix Fossil is telling me to stop Idolm@ster and go back to Urusei Yatsura, and that shall be done.

Hattori

Banned
Nisekoi 1-7
Finally caught up. I have to say this show was much more enjoyable than I imagined.
I have to say I was full on team Chitoge until that last episode... Tsugumi is pretty awesome.

CorvoSol

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure 2

How did stuff get real? This is only the second episode! Also can you imagine what Lord Joestar must go through, finding a tailor to outfit his two hilariously muscular sons? And also, are character designs by somebody famous? I dunno if I'm reminded of Fist of the North Star or Berserk or what. Dudes're frickin' RIPPED, though, lemme tell ya.

Star Driver 25

I CAN'T DECIDE WHO TO LOVE: THE ANIME

It was enjoyable enough. But this aspect bugged me too much. Same as when a harem protagonist can't choose a freaking girl.

How did stuff get real? This is only the second episode! Also can you imagine what Lord Joestar must go through, finding a tailor to outfit his two hilariously muscular sons? And also, are character designs by somebody famous? I dunno if I'm reminded of Fist of the North Star or Berserk or what. Dudes're frickin' RIPPED, though, lemme tell ya.

Well, Araki is pretty famous considering he made something damn iconic. You could make the argument that a lot of muscular men in anime/manga after the 80s are emulating his and the FoTNS guy's style.

Gazoinks

Fist of The North Star is probably what you're thinking of. Araki did the character designs, but early Jojo is heaaaaavily influenced by FoTNS.

CorvoSol

Symbionic Titan 4

"Dark hair, bedroom eyes, moody demeanor, I totally get it."
"What?!"
*Shrugs*

Newton is the best character in the show. Also this episode has confirmed something that I have suspected since Dexter's Mom: Genndy Tartakovsky is definitely an assman. No other explanation can be given for the numerous booties in this episode.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
7F0nxkK.gif

Now that I'm giving a chance to shows I thought I wouldn't watch, and ended up enjoying... AnimeGAF I ask of thee, should I watch Mawaru Penguindrum?

Instead of watching something bad like that, watch Ikuhara's greatest work Revolutionary Girl Utena instead!

Also since you just finished Star Driver you'll be able to watch many of its themes executed in a much better fashion if you watch Utena~

They decide to
go to the human world and meet his parents?
It's more like
they go after louise and saito because being a dimension appart is not enough to stop the other girls

Yeah the first half was pretty good, had some feels and showed a bit of depth to the characters besides one-note jokes. Dandy already had that, but Meow didn't have it.

The second part was an attempt by the director/writers to come back to goofy space dandy on the same episode. And it didn't pay off. It felt uneven.

Also thanks to all the people who confirmed the moldy fridge was a reference to cowboy bebop. I knew I wasn't crazy
What was in the fridge was unfortunatly a life form that didn't have time to shine !

Saki: Zenkoku-hen - 07

SHIT IS ABOUT TO GET REAL.
It's still yuri even if a god come in between , right ?

Star Driver 25

I CAN'T DECIDE WHO TO LOVE: THE ANIME

It was enjoyable enough. But this aspect bugged me too much. Same as when a harem protagonist can't choose a freaking girl.

More like :
WHAT IS LOVE ? A POWER-UP MAYBE ? : THE ANIME

cajunator

Banned
Zero no Tsukaima S2 01

Well that reset sure was fast. I think I'll manage somehow however. I almost regret not dropping after the first 5 minutes of S2. This would have been a perfect epilogue to end it on!
Oh well.

ONWARDS I MARCH

real talk I do know about the elf girl and shes pretty amazing.

Kino's Journey 4

OH DAMN.
I think that in the vein that one might consider last week's episode a critique of religion and by extension interpretation, this episode is about the folly of "reason". Because everyone in the Land of Adults is "reasonable" to the point of absurdity, whereas Kino, a dreamer with a bit of nonsense in his pocket, is the only one truly sane.

But pushing past just that, there's a lot about "what does it truly mean to be happy?" and "what does it truly mean to enjoy life?" going on in this episode. Everyone in the land smiles outwardly and bears their burdens with a smile, but inwardly they're miserable, and they hold life in no special regard because they find no joy in it. Kino, by contrast, rarely smiles, and cannot be said to be doing some great work in his life, but there is a magic and joy about him, and

It reminds me of my current life situation. I dont make a ton of money but Im happy with my current status and going to work every day is more enjoyable than a chore. Aside from Fridays I really enjoy going in every day and doing my work. I enjoy the people I work with. Like Kino in this episode, ive discovered something I enjoy and makes me happy despite not being the most lucrative. Thats what enjoying life is about really. Dont waste away your life doing something you hate.

Kino's Journey 4

OH DAMN.

Ahhh yes this episode. It took me two minutes to pick my jaw off the floor after watching it.

Seriously though, they literally suck the "child" out of children turning them into what are essentially mindless drones that's sole purpose is to be happy about what they do in life and purge the children who so much as question their methods.

It's nothing but a place of LIES.

Kino's Journey only gets more powerful, and the next episode is my second favourite episode in the entire show.

Syrinx

Kino's Journey 4

OH DAMN.

Brah I'm pretty sure this episode confirmed that
Kino is a girl.

But yeah, this episode hit me like a bag full of bricks. Particularly the part where
they were about to kill her for asking about not undergoing the operation, and looking at everybody's face you'd think that this sort of shit didn't have the slightest effect on them.

I assume that by now you understand why people were (rightfully) pestering you to watch this show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom