• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gintama' 249

Hi Gedomaru. Hi Christel.

Have a very demonic Christmas, and be careful with that club.
Was kind of expecting them to fight Satan.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Gintama 102

Oh god I just can't. I can't stop laughing at this episode.

4EjQTGu.jpg

Otaku Hijikata is just too much.

Pft, whatever. A washed up idol like Kirara is lucky to catch a slick man like Fellini. I mean even Ramba Ral respects the guy.

I'm a bunch of episodes behind on Gundam Build Fighters, but am I to understand that Fellini has been romantically paired with ... Kirara, of all people? That's got to be one of the most disgusting pairings I can recall.

Mushishi - 10
I've noticed a recurring theme of isolation that these episodic stories like to use as a base to delve into various human emotions, obsessions, or specific situations like why becoming accustomed to a certain lifestyle can make us resist wanting to revert back to the way we lived before. I may not always realize where they are going with these character studies at first, but they always have a great payoff or reveal some kind of well-crafted moral dilemma that sticks with me. I really can't speak more highly about this than I already have.

CorvoSol

I'm a bunch of episodes behind on Gundam Build Fighters, but am I to understand that Fellini has been romantically paired with ... Kirara, of all people? That's got to be one of the most disgusting pairings I can recall.

It makes sense once Kirara spends less time as an annoying Idol and more time as a grown woman in a "relationship" with one of the coolest characters in the show.

Gazoinks

Clannad After Story 10

Tomoya learning to be a responsible person. Go go Tomoya. Rare to see a show progress past high school, so it's cool that this show does.

Tomoya and Nagisa still don't really feel like a couple to me. There's affection, obviously, but they don't really feel romantically or physically close at all. Even with Nagisa making him dinner and stuff, it feels more like a brotherly relationship than a boyfriendly one.

Clannad After Story 10

Tomoya learning to be a responsible person. Go go Tomoya. Rare to see a show progress past high school, so it's cool that this show does.

Tomoya and Nagisa still don't really feel like a couple to me. There's affection, obviously, but they don't really feel romantically or physically close at all. Even with Nagisa making him dinner and stuff, it feels more like a brotherly relationship than a boyfriendly one.

That's more due to Nagisa being ultimate moe in terms of how she acts. Basically like a little girl.

Clannad After Story 10

That's what I like about After Story. It goes above and beyond your standard "main character confesses love" ending and expands on it, making the love story all the more beautiful.

Gazoinks

That's what I like about After Story. It goes above and beyond your standard "main character confesses love" ending and expands on it, making the love story all the more beautiful.

Yeah, definitely. I can certainly see why people say it gets better from here simply because it's broken out of the trappings of typical anime romance.

Future Card Buddyfight 04

Well I am glad they did a tutorial episode since it definitely answered some questions I had so far.

I guess it's only fair that we'll have the appearances of the villains now regardless of how silly they look.

Syrinx

Nichijou 14

Why can't they have Professor go to school with Nano? She's a genius who built AI; she'd knock 11th or whatever grade Nano is attending out of the park. Also it's probably not the best idea to leave Sakamoto alone with her for extended periods of time.

Fight between Yukko and Mio was kinda a long time coming. Mai-chan just does the most random shit lol.

CorvoSol

Star Driver 19

I hope Wako picks Sugata so that Takuto can hook up with a better person than her.

HEY WAKO HAVE YOU PICKED A BOYFRIEND YET? HEY WAKO. WAKO PICK A BOYFRIEND. WAKO PICK A BOYFRIEND. HAVE YOU PICKED ONE YET, WAKO? A BOYFRIEND, I MEAN. HEY WAKO THIS IS A REMINDER YOU SHOULD PICK ONE BOYFRIEND. LIKE RIGHT NOW.

Gintama' END 252

FUCKING SMILE PRECURE REFERENCE! Cure Happy and March got defiled.

This season was overall much better than before, mainly because there's a lot more comedy around, in comparison to S4 having much more arcs in comparison, also thanks to the help of the Four Devas arc. Although its existence kind of lessened the impact of any other arc in this season.

There was some very odd font issues while I was watching this.

I think certain comments I made on this journey can be well fitted here.

And now, it's time to move onto the last, and shortest season of Gintama.

Gintama' END 252

FUCKING SMILE PRECURE REFERENCE! Cure Happy and March got defiled.

This season was overall much better than before, mainly because there's a lot more comedy around, in comparison to S4 having much more arcs in comparison, also thanks to the help of the Four Devas arc. Although its existence kind of lessened the impact of any other arc in this season.

There was some very odd font issues while I was watching this.

I think certain comments I made on this journey can be well fitted here.

And now, it's time to move onto the last, and shortest season of Gintama.

Prepare for lightsabers

Noragami 08

cdV0Fpnl.jpg

The whole thing with Yukine's desperation definitely cultivated with this episode and it was soooooo good. It worked even better with the parallel with the case of this episode.

You definitely got me hooked to see what happens from here.

The Pilot's Love Song 8

So this is directly connected with the film, maybe I should watch that. Good episode, the show is still going well despite some's fears about the
Nina Viento
business. These trainee pilots sure are accurate with those rifles though.

The Pilot's Love Song 8

So this is directly connected with the film, maybe I should watch that. Good episode, the show is still going well despite some's fears about the
Nina Viento
business. These trainee pilots sure are accurate with those rifles though.

Yeah that was my biggest issue by far this episode. I can see the situation's relevance, but it still wouldn't have hurt to have them miss every now and again.

CorvoSol

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure 3

This was the manliest episode of anime I've seen since Master Asia and Domon fought each other. Like I think my balls dropped again just watching this episode. The hairs on my chest hairs have chest hairs now.

Gazoinks

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure 3

This was the manliest episode of anime I've seen since Master Asia and Domon fought each other. Like I think my balls dropped again just watching this episode. The hairs on my chest hairs have chest hairs now.

Corvo. Right now Jojo is still in little baby diapers. It has not even begun to get manly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom