• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Heartcatch Precure! 9

Episode of some guy trying to get Tsubomi's dad to leave his family for a big job opportunity just like that one episode back in Splash Star…ah, who am I kidding, I don't need another episode about the follies of adulthood, I just watched Kino episode 4.

I therefore instead deem this:

Episode of HOT DAMN ERIKA HOW ARE YOU SO RIDICULOUSLY BEST.

Seriously I was not even aware it was possible for one girl to contain this much best.

Is this even allowed?

Im not a big fan of Heartcatch as some but Erika is definitely the best in it. She is such a fun character.

cajunator

Banned
Golden Time 19

Koko, never stop being Koko. The Eiffel Tower was hilariously bad.

Also, I think Oka-chan is jealous, there was a definite look on her face when Mitsuo was talking about Linda-chan. Also, Banri should just tell everyone about his past with Linda, it's caused so much unceccesary drama.

Oka chan is definitely jealous but shes too bouncy to be able to tell most of the time.

If this death talk about Gundam is true, then imagine if Gen Urobuchi wrote a Gundam show!

That show would have no survivors. O_O

Actually...could this count as one?

Hmmm...show with no survivors. Ive seen one!

Got enormously better when it stopped trying to be Lupin III on a budget of rusty nails and dryer lint and just went for its own thing.

And no one will ever, ever know (◞‸◟;)

Dont change that avatar. Its precious. Seriously.

Bombless

Simply the best

qti7TRg.gif

I watched it for Oshima's music. No regrets. lol

Where the hell does this gif come from?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
That's the result of a generation being brought up on games where ducking behind waist height cover makes you invincible.

cajunator

Banned
Ground Control to Psychoelectric Girl 9

Baseball episode. Surprisingly not that bad for it, though.

Since I have little to say about the episode, I would like to at least say that I really like the ED for this show. It's quite charming, and fits with Erio's personality. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for the OP, as I find it a bit terrible.

whaaat? the OP is magnificent!

Mawaru Penguindrum: End

I kind of rushed through a lot of the show as it was a clusterfuck of David Lynch storytelling, but this ending got to me.

Q2CCeii.gif

they just wanted to be family :'(. Also when she started crying at the end unknowingly I teared up a bit too

I feel bad for Ringo. Shes insane and really not the most considerate person but I still felt bad for all the stuff that happened to her. Plus shes like super cute and genki.

Kirby didn't you start Gintama earlier this month?

I think you may have a problem.

Kirby also marathoned all of Max Heart in like a day so Im not surprised that he'd devour something actually great in a few weeks.

All that Precure must be doing things to me. URUTRA HAPPY GETTO DA YO.

This is how I roll 99% of the time.

How's Waiting in the Summer?

Good. It has Kanna in it.

...wtf lol.

So Psycho Pass, From the New World, or Silver Spoon?

From the New World!

NeonZ

I'd love a second season, but if the dvd/blu ray sales are any indicator then it wont happen

It's a daytime NHK show though, not an Otaku late night series. Phi Brain got three seasons with even lower sales.

After War Gundam X - 5

Huh, I guessed right.

So seeing as this is my first Gundam, I'm assuming that all Newtypes have the power of
telepathy
in all Gundam shows? Or is it different in each one?

Only the "UC/Universal Century" series (the original continuity of Gundam), and X actually actually use the term "Newtype". Most other Gundam series have elements similar to them though.

This season was overall much better than before, mainly because there's a lot more comedy around, in comparison to S4 having much more arcs in comparison, also thanks to the help of the Four Devas arc. Although its existence kind of lessened the impact of any other arc in this season.

The main issue with season 4 is that they were very close to the manga, and so had to drag every arc out. I think that season 6 kind of suffers from the opposite problem though. They attempt to cover multiple arcs in 13 episodes, so it sticks too close to the manga, following battles almost panel by panel at times, and things seem to end too quickly.

cajunator

Banned
madoka movies worth a watch?>

i dont remember the tv show much besides the twist (whats a homuhomu?)

Just watch the third movie

If I were to search for anime descriptions I wonder how many would start with "[blank] was just an ordinary high school student, until..."

A lot, judging by the backs of my DVDs/blurays. ITs a very common phrase and way overused.

Dusk Maiden 2

i9zSGgG8pYIH8.jpg

This show is hitting all the right notes for me. Yuuko is best ghost.

The show shifted from the first episode but most people liked the changes and didnt like the first (I did though)

February 17-23 prelim sales list is up.

http://www.someanithing.com/?p=907

Just a couple notes:

- Rozen Maiden Zurückspulen finishes up 7 volumes with an average of 1,572.
- Makai Ouji Devils and Realist also finishes with its 6th volume and an average of 1,162. And that's being nice to it by accounting for its inflated v1; without it the average is more like 750.

And the SYD*, Kara no Kyoukai, and Chuunibyou movie stuff I mentioned before.
Not a whole lot else interesting besides that.

Both my makaiouji and hakkenden are at low levels. :(

sonicmj1

Rozen Maiden Z 11

Suiseiseki's tears are so sweet. God, she's terrible.

The first half of this episode spent a lot of time on the dolls, and I still don't care about most of them. I don't feel like the plot with the twin dolls does anything to really reinforce Jun's story. It drags things down a lot. The stuff that did happen with Jun was strong, and I still like how things are directed (I like how Kirakushou was portrayed in this episode), but there's all this baggage that they just can't let go of.

I just want to get back out of limbo at this point.

cajunator

Banned
A magical animu machine.

Edit: Welp, time to go outside.

PqCypSC.png

O-outside?

I think its worth watching. I much preferred the film...dropped the anime.

The movie was nice. A lot of people have a problem with the ending, which I didnt.
He was just doing his job.

As much crap as Zetsuen No Tempest gets, I wouldn't mind watching it again if only for the cheesy romance that happens later on.

Zetsuen no Tempest
Zero no Tsukaima

We need some clarifications here. Only one can be ZnT and Tempest doesnt deserve it.

Still can't believe this was said. Thought i just dreamed it.

What's so bad about Urobuchi writing a Gundam show?

Exactly. That's what made After Story so great. Instead of ending at the love confession like every other anime, this one details basically their lives after Tomoya makes that decision and how this affects other characters and things.

It's hard to watch any other romance anime after Clannad After Story because you know that it's all going to end up like all the other ones.

Westlo

What's so bad about Urobuchi writing a Gundam show?

Nothing, would be a vast improvement over what Hino served up in AGE. It's just you bring up deaths in gundam and than mention Urobuchi like it would be even "more". That's completely ignoring that someone called Kill'em All Tomino was the creator of Gundam and routinely killed off large amounts of characters and protagonists in his shows. Zambot 3, Ideon, Dunbine, Zeta, CCA, Victory....

I don't know if I am pretty alone with this but this winter season has been pretty solid actually (especially with continuing fall shows). Nothing too amazing but a lot of decent watchable shows. Every day is anime day.

Shows that I follow:
Monday: Witch Craft Works, Buddy Complex, Seitokai Yakundomo, D-Frag, Gundam Build Fighters
Tuesday: Tokyo Ravens
Wednesday: Inari, konkon, koi iroha
Thursday: Kill la Kill, Golden Time, Sakura Trick, Silver Spoon
Friday: Strike the blood
Saturday: Nisekoi
Sunday: Noragami, Space Dandy, Nobunaga the Fool

So I'm looking at the Spring 2014 chart, and I get to the entry for Gainax's new thing:

Jesus Christ, Gainax, this is essentially just the plot of K-ON! minus the music.

RIP
good
Gainax
If they keep up their streak of having Miyukichi in the cast I'm going to watch at least a few episodes. Fuck off NeoGainax!

Nothing, would be a vast improvement over what Hino served up in AGE. It's just you bring up deaths in gundam and than mention Urobuchi like it would be even "more". That's completely ignoring that someone called Kill'em All Tomino was the creator of Gundam and routinely killed off large amounts of characters and protagonists in his shows. Zambot 3, Ideon, Dunbine, Zeta, CCA, Victory....

Ah. I wasn't so much as talking about a body count when I was talking about Gundam deaths. I was talking more about the impact of the character deaths. Urobuchi is known mainly for shattering his characters idealistic views and putting as much tragedy into them as possible. If Urobuchi wrote a Gundam show, it would probably be the heaviest and darkest Gundam show ever made.

But then again, I only just started X, so I can't really say much about how Gundam shows work with their characters. I'll probably be drawing comparisons to Tomino character deaths to Urobuchi character deaths somewhere down the line of my Gundam marathon.

you know, anime really does have a bad 'eyes up here, buddy' problem. As in stop dropping big drama/story beats when you are in some distractingly cute/sexy outfit, or in some cases, camera cuts to your crotch or ass.

separate that stuff out.

story time.

crotch time.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Futabu! 1

Well when you're adapting a source, not everything will stay the same in terms of character design, persay. Although it's safe to say we have our Sentai group established already (I think there was someone else joining the club very soon).

Our red haired girl is introduced to a club where she reacts that she's in a Winter Wonderland. This would probably be a place where Hijikata also gets his surplus of mayonnaise.

The brief workings of the girl's stature feels like a reminder where the taller, beefier ones have a 4th dimensional pockets to store the Incredible Caulk. Granted, when it comes to this stuff, everyone is like a 4th dimensional pocket.

I think one thing I would praise it is that it leaves far more for the imagination of the viewers, unlike other animes of this ilk where it's far too explicit in what it shows to the point of spiting its viewers for multiple reasons. Granted considering how unrealistic the scenario is, being super explicit would make zero fucking sense.

Animation wise, it's what you would expect from this. This however, felt really short, no thanks to the Opening being super long (over 7 minutes, what the fuck?), leaving little time to do more animation. Hope this isn't a trend going on from here. I barely care for OPs in this genre to begin with.

At least this is something SDBurton can get behind with though.

Pretty bummed to hear they wasted 7 min for the opening. Will be giving my review of this on Friday.

Theonik

If they keep up their streak of having Miyukichi in the cast I'm going to watch at least a few episodes. Fuck off NeoGainax!
Clearly we need to gather money to stop this from happening.

The gif makes me crazy. The child disappears shortly before the cut - they should fix it for the BD release.
It just looks like it in the GIF. The kid is meant to be ducking for cover there and it's about 3 frames with the third being quite rapid but in proper speed not noticeable.

cajunator

Banned
you know, anime really does have a bad 'eyes up here, buddy' problem. As in stop dropping big drama/story beats when you are in some distractingly cute/sexy outfit, or in some cases, camera cuts to your crotch or ass.

separate that stuff out.

story time.

crotch time.

Can you name examples?

Are you suggesting that you could pay attention IRL to a story if someone was wearing a sexy/cute outfit in front of you?

Theonik

Zero no Tsukaima - Futatsuki no Kishi 10
ibvLn7GREMCY9U.png

UNF? UNF.
Well I now feel almost convinced that the season was meant to end with Colbert-sensei.
Already missing him. WHY DID THIS HAVE TO HAPPEN
Some naked Louise service this episode however so I can't exactly complain.
This seems to have started to drag though. But Elf in sight now. NOT TOO LONG.

And if that doesn't work maybe all of my love letters asking her to be mai real waifu will!
I need excerpts from these letters.

cajunator

Banned
Zero no Tsukaima - Futatsuki no Kishi 11

Well I now feel almost convinced that the season was meant to end with Colbert-sensei.
Already missing him. WHY DID THIS HAVE TO HAPPEN
Some naked Louise service this episode however so I can't exactly complain.
This seems to have started to drag though. But Elf in sight now. NOT TOO LONG.

I need excerpts from these letters.

I do have some catgirl Louise pics that are very nice I have to say.

cajunator

Banned
My anime pick-ups for this month of february !

I'm very happy right now

I'm about to do a SHAFT OVERDOSE

Niiice. I have all of these and cant complain about any of the transfers. (granted Im in US region so they may be different)
Have fun!

nope. thats the problem!

When you are plot dropping, camera pan of the environment or the sky or flashbacks or w/e.

So youre saying its distracting to you :p

Niiice. I have all of these and cant complain about any of the transfers. (granted Im in US region so they may be different)
Have fun!

So youre saying its distracting to you :p

yeah, was watching strike witches and there was some touching scene at a gravestone or something but i wouldn't know because the camera was on the gal's ass the whole time.

Have fun!

Just tried the first ep of bakemonogatari ..

Ah this set me back

Visual quality ( for a blu-ray ) is average but it's good.
Translation quality is almost perfect ( and they did take their time to translate all those transition frame events lol )

STAPLE STAPLE !

jbug617

Banned
According to WTK, Ace of Diamond might be 52 episodes. This based on the show planning to release 13 volumes with 4 episodes per volume

fertygo

According to WTK, Ace of Diamond might be 52 episodes. This based on the show planning to release 13 volumes with 4 episodes per volume

Yess.. hope its can get another season too, because the manga's really long (40+ volume and still going)
Would be fun if its can became really long adaptation like Major/Ippo.

Defuser

Witchcraft Works ep 8

My god, Kagari-san is like a Yandere without the murderous intent, I ain't surprised if she love him enough to eat his poop.

EBpp5vQ.png

Apart from the crazy second half, the subtle wacky out of place background scenes/items really makes you think what the hell is wrong with this place.

cajunator

Banned
Witchcraft Works ep 8

My god, Kagari-san is like a Yandere without the murderous intent, I ain't surprised if she love him enough to eat his poop.

EBpp5vQ.png

Apart from the crazy second half, the subtle wacky out of place background scenes/items really makes you think what the hell is wrong with this place.

weird backgrounds work well for witch shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom