• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mature

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure 3

This was the manliest episode of anime I've seen since Master Asia and Domon fought each other. Like I think my balls dropped again just watching this episode. The hairs on my chest hairs have chest hairs now.
You're gonna like this show, friend.

Crocodile

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure 3

This was the manliest episode of anime I've seen since Master Asia and Domon fought each other. Like I think my balls dropped again just watching this episode. The hairs on my chest hairs have chest hairs now.

If that episode impressed you that much, prepare your butthole because you're in for a wild (pleasant) ride :)

Branduil

Mouryou no Hako 9

iNuwWnqm8XqyO.jpg

Welp.
Yoriko was a moron but no one deserves that.

Link Man

Banned
Shiki 2

This episode was, dare I say it, plodding and dull. I realize they need to set the stage, and that they're probably trying to build atmosphere, so I hope that the payoff is worthwhile.

Oh, and the Pokemon character designs are rather distracting.

Lurky

Sakura Trick 7

I completely forgot to watch this earlier in the week. Such a good episode too. It introduced a new character that is now the cutest of them all. That end though... At some point I'll probably start feeling bad for Mitsuki but now is not that time.

Mothman91

From the New World

Had to pause on episode 8
at the 2 year time skip, their society only allows same sex couples or some shit as that database implied? Man, it's a bit confusing seeing those 2 guys going at it with each other like this, feels weird

Quasar

The Pilot's Love Song 8

So this is directly connected with the film, maybe I should watch that. Good episode, the show is still going well despite some's fears about the
Nina Viento
business. These trainee pilots sure are accurate with those rifles though.

I think its worth watching. I much preferred the film...dropped the anime.

Gintama Benizakura Arc Movie - Special Dub Edition

I want to die. I want to die. Uuuuugh.... *skips around to hear other voices* Uuuuuuuuuuuugh *hears Kyubey's and Shinsengumi's voice* Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh

Nope. We'll watch this properly later. There were some Warner Brothers jokes, but eeeeeeegh

Westlo

Hmm? Isn't the movie version just a condensed way of viewing the OVA? I didn't think it was really necessary.

Not really "that" condensed since it includes most of the OVA as well as adding a lot of new scenes, I mean we're not talking about condensing a tv series into 2 hours here, it's like 4x35 min episodes instead.

I liked what the movie did with its cuts as well as the added scenes, I mean we didn't really need the end of OVA 2 to get that point across. Also the way the movie handled the climatic fight was vastly superior. I watched the OVA first but I had seen that Information High AMV done by...I think Maboroshi studios back in the day and that used the movie... so to say I was uh underwhelmed by the OVA version was an understatement.

But you can't go wrong either way, even if there is a rather fucked up element to the show.

So the anime ending was an original ending?

IIRC didn't the author "supervise" the script for the final season of ZnT anyway before he was too far gone? I never watched the 4th season because I quit after the first episode of the 3rd, that bullshit @ the end of the second one kinda killed the series for me.

Louise isn't like other Kugilolis, she's the kind to set your loins ablaze with those leeeeeeeeeeegs.

Someone gif Louise putting dem stockings on in the first few episodes
LuEuQ.png

S2 is the best doe.

Episode 12 was damn good, don't know why they had to drop the ball in the last 2 mins, save that shit for the s3 opener instead
RGt54.png

As much crap as Zetsuen No Tempest gets, I wouldn't mind watching it again if only for the cheesy romance that happens later on.

Outside of that string of episodes where they are standing around a tree and talking, I mostly enjoyed the show and thought it was dumb fun. It's not as bad as it's made to be here.

TheRancor

LMAO Urobuchi gonna look like kitty lover if compared to Tomino.

Pretty sure the old guy making anime so he can draw 5 year old blown out by gun.
Simply the best

qti7TRg.gif

Outside of that string of episodes where they are standing around a tree and talking, I mostly enjoyed the show and thought it was dumb fun. It's not as bad as it's made to be here.
I watched it for Oshima's music. No regrets. lol

firehawk12

Subete no aware
IIRC didn't the author "supervise" the script for the final season of ZnT anyway before he was too far gone? I never watched the 4th season because I quit after the first episode of the 3rd, that bullshit @ the end of the second one kinda killed the series for me.
I have no clue. That said, the final season ends pretty definitively anyway.

Articalys

Sales numbers starting to creep in. Seitokai Yakuindomo* kicks off the Winter season with about 3600 BD+DVD, and apparently that's even with an event ticket, so it'll only get worse from there. The new Kara no Kyokai movie pulls about 45000, while the Chuunibyou movie gets about 9400.

BD threshold for the short list is at 1,463.

Westlo

Bakemonogatari 9

OP ranking: Monkey > Snail > Crab > Snake

I think you got that backwards because Snake is hands down the best op!

Im pretty sure music is added late in the process since it has to flow with the animation/situation.

Don't that get bullet points on what sort of themes they want the show to do and than the composers try to concoct whatever the fuck it is and than hand in their works and the sound/music producer than applies whatever he likes to the show.

I remember Yuki Kajiura was asked about Salva Nos playing all the damn time in Noir and she said something like "the producer did that, nothing to do with me" etc.

Yoko Kanno had no fucking idea what Tomino wanted to do with Brainpowered and so just make some dope shit up even though she tends to work closer with production than most people.

And as someone already pointed out Iwasaki was pissed about how his music was used in JoJo's 2nd arc, I also remember him being pissed about C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control as well. Though I think that was more like "these guys have no fucking idea what they want to do and I can't make good music to that" as opposed to "these fuckers are using my music shit".

She does have a way of making bad tolerable and good masterful.
http://youtu.be/NpI7EM7PmFE

"I'm wet!"

Simply the GOAT.

If this death talk about Gundam is true, then imagine if Gen Urobuchi wrote a Gundam show!

When it comes to killing character Urobuchi is Kobe to Tomino's Jordan man.

It's too bad she's destined to lose hard.

She's popular enough as well as getting enough screen time in the manga to at least eek out a draw imo, besides so many manga going with the "no choice made" ending lately...

The manliest Phantom Blood character hasn't even arrived yet

The ending of episode 6 or 7 is just so fucking manly, can't remember which one.

Clannad After Story 10

Tomoya learning to be a responsible person. Go go Tomoya. Rare to see a show progress past high school, so it's cool that this show does.

Tomoya and Nagisa still don't really feel like a couple to me. There's affection, obviously, but they don't really feel romantically or physically close at all. Even with Nagisa making him dinner and stuff, it feels more like a brotherly relationship than a boyfriendly one.

I felt this way too about most of the first Clannad. I don't remember exactly which episode it was but there was a turning point for me where they at least felt like a real couple. I think it was episode 12 or 13.

That's more due to Nagisa being ultimate moe in terms of how she acts. Basically like a little girl.

I love Nagisa. Of course I felt this way towards the end of the anime and I had time to reflect on it but she grew on me. :)

That's what I like about After Story. It goes above and beyond your standard "main character confesses love" ending and expands on it, making the love story all the more beautiful.

Exactly. That's what made After Story so great. Instead of ending at the love confession like every other anime, this one details basically their lives after Tomoya makes that decision and how this affects other characters and things.

It gets pretty emotional. I will not lie when I say I cried.

No way. I don't believe you. You got a heart as cold as ice. :p

I tear up easily so I shouldn't be a gauge lol.

Okay now I know you're lying. ;)

Futabu! 1

Well when you're adapting a source, not everything will stay the same in terms of character design, persay. Although it's safe to say we have our Sentai group established already (I think there was someone else joining the club very soon).

Our red haired girl is introduced to a club where she reacts that she's in a Winter Wonderland. This would probably be a place where Hijikata also gets his surplus of mayonnaise.

The brief workings of the girl's stature feels like a reminder where the taller, beefier ones have a 4th dimensional pockets to store the Incredible Caulk. Granted, when it comes to this stuff, everyone is like a 4th dimensional pocket.

I think one thing I would praise it is that it leaves far more for the imagination of the viewers, unlike other animes of this ilk where it's far too explicit in what it shows to the point of spiting its viewers for multiple reasons. Granted considering how unrealistic the scenario is, being super explicit would make zero fucking sense.

Animation wise, it's what you would expect from this. This however, felt really short, no thanks to the Opening being super long (over 7 minutes, what the fuck?), leaving little time to do more animation. Hope this isn't a trend going on from here. I barely care for OPs in this genre to begin with.

At least this is something SDBurton can get behind with though.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Just give them the Oscar already.
I think their only hope is Best Director. I bet in reality it gets shut out of all the major awards, except for maybe Bullock winning again just for shiggles.

I'll have your hide if this isn't what it's cracked up to be.
True anime of the year 2013!

She's popular enough as well as getting enough screen time in the manga to at least eek out a draw imo, besides so many manga going with the "no choice made" ending lately...
Ending a harem on a non-ending after stringing people along for however many volumes seems like a recipe for disaster. lol

From the New World

Had to pause on episode 8
at the 2 year time skip, their society only allows same sex couples or some shit as that database implied? Man, it's a bit confusing seeing those 2 guys going at it with each other like this, feels weird

Their society foments same sex couples, but it isn't the only allowed.

Also, think why you feel weird with the two guys going at it, but not with the two girls!

Articalys

February 17-23 prelim sales list is up.

http://www.someanithing.com/?p=907

Just a couple notes:

- Rozen Maiden Zurückspulen finishes up 7 volumes with an average of 1,572.
- Makai Ouji Devils and Realist also finishes with its 6th volume and an average of 1,162. And that's being nice to it by accounting for its inflated v1; without it the average is more like 750.

And the SYD*, Kara no Kyoukai, and Chuunibyou movie stuff I mentioned before.
Not a whole lot else interesting besides that.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So I'm looking at the Spring 2014 chart, and I get to the entry for Gainax's new thing:

Sadon Desu

The story revolves around Koume who enters a private high school. She hears from her friend Sasuga that if she enters the tea ceremony club, she can eat snacks. They bring along their classmates Mikaeru and Momiji to join the club with her. The president of the club is 11th grader Ayame.

Jesus Christ, Gainax, this is essentially just the plot of K-ON! minus the music.

RIP
good
Gainax

fertygo

Happy for Rakyou.. big dropoff, but its basically extended epilogue, and considering the bluray pricey as hell its still big for them. Subs where?

Narag

So I'm looking at the Spring 2014 chart, and I get to the entry for Gainax's new thing:

Jesus Christ, Gainax, this is essentially just the plot of K-ON! minus the music.

RIP
good
Gainax

Maybe the tea ceremony club will spend all their time playing music. No one would see it coming.

cnet128

Banned

RIP
good
Gainax

Eh, it's not like a cute-girls-doing-cute-things show needs a terribly original setup. It's all about the execution. Can't say I find the character designs particularly appealing though.

Heartcatch Precure! 11

Kung-fu episode! I have to say, I was expecting it to be the older brother who got Desatorian-ified, not the younger one, but I guess that wouldn't have left much opportunity for the big bro to work up the confidence to fight for himself.

Tsubomi calling the kid senpai was adorable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom