• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
The World God Only Knows: Tenri-Hen 02

HMjEFfH.jpg

Wait... Who's this? Did I miss something?

Will be interesting to see what happens next now that
Tenri has moved in next door and she's possessed by some ancient demon who sealed away loose souls? How come there were so many of them in that cave? And were Tenri and Keima the reason they got set free into the world when the theater got destroyed?
Uhh... I hope stuff will be answered in season 3.

CorvoSol

Ah. I wasn't so much as talking about a body count when I was talking about Gundam deaths. I was talking more about the impact of the character deaths. Urobuchi is known mainly for shattering his characters idealistic views and putting as much tragedy into them as possible. If Urobuchi wrote a Gundam show, it would probably be the heaviest and darkest Gundam show ever made.

But then again, I only just started X, so I can't really say much about how Gundam shows work with their characters. I'll probably be drawing comparisons to Tomino character deaths to Urobuchi character deaths somewhere down the line of my Gundam marathon.

Victory Gundam tried to do that, but somewhere along the way Victory became less about traumatizing Uso and more about creative methods of killing attractive women.

Tenri has moved in next door and she's possessed by some ancient demon who sealed away loose souls? How come there were so many of them in that cave? And were Tenri and Keima the reason they got set free into the world when the theater got destroyed?

You seem more confused than I was about some of these new characters and I didn't even watch the OVAs. But they do delve into some of the details of their "conquests" during S3.

Chronoexe

#3 best girl.

They skip a lot of conquests in the manga.

I can hear Nafe's voice From Beyond. I think I need professional help, guys. ;__;

OMG you're back. ;__;

You seem more confused than I was about some of these new characters and I didn't even watch the OVAs. But they do delve into some of the details of their "conquests" during S3.

Well. The girl with the doll is just there in the end credits grouped together with the S1 girls (that's why you see Kanon in the background). Just wondering if I missed an OVA or something.

Well. The girl with the doll is just there in the end credits grouped together with the S1 girls (that's why you see Kanon in the background). Just wondering if I missed an OVA or something.

Yeah, she's involved in S3. They more or less explain what she's about. Same with the drummer chick as well.

Articalys

Poor Manglobe. They'll be out of their misery soon.

Also the TWGOK manga has been spinning its wheels and had the pacing shot to hell recently.

Yeah, she's involved in S3. They more or less explain what she's about. Same with the drummer chick as well.

Oh, ok. Because with the drummer chick she wasn't shown at all during the episode, just suddenly appeared when they started playing as a band in the final song/credit sequence together with the 4 others. Just found that a bit weird.

Jarmel

Banned
Gundam Build Fighters-20

And the show was doing so good. This is like the most bullshit tournament of all time. So much rigging.

Another reason why the manga is superior , all the arc are safe ...
You missed something , but you'll be able to enjoy S3 just fine .

Zero no Tsukaima - Futatsuki no Kishi 11

Well this is getting rather silly. Then again...
UNF UNF
There was also meido. But meido sucks.
Ploooooot

Meido sucks... but in this anime only ...i usually love maids but siesta just make thing so much more complicated and has no special qualities to stay in course compared to the rest of the cast except the fact that she is tougher than a cockroach.

NeonZ

Kintama Inchmanson 253 Kintama Arc

Gintoki? Whose that? This whole show was about Kintoki!

Tama and Sadaharu are bros though.

I disliked how they rushed so quickly with the story in the first episode and ended up revealing what was going in the first episode itself, something that took three weeks in the manga. It's kind of a waste considering how much they had prepared for "Kintama" (opening, ending, official site, tv guides, etc). And then they slow down the middle of the arc which was definitely its weakest part...

I disliked how they rushed so quickly with the story in the first episode and ended up revealing what was going in the first episode itself, something that took three weeks in the manga. It's kind of a waste considering how much they had done for "Kintama" (opening, ending, official site, tv guides, etc). And then they slow down the middle of the arc which was definitely its weakest part...

Don't 2-3 chapters get put into one episode normally to begin with?

Theonik

Zero no Tsukaima - Futatsuki no Kishi 12 -END-
ihvdP9jPpbf88.png

Here we go. Somewhat let down. Oh well.
Well this ending wanted me to wish for Saito's death again. Damn.
So I'm guessing the elf is an original of sorts and they use it as a means to reset death whenever they please?
Good eyecatch again. May they get more mileage out of catgirl Louise as that was UNF as hell.
Yeah, should have ended after the school incident. This last arc was dumb as hell.

Meido sucks... but in this anime only ...i usually love maids but siesta just make thing so much more complicated and has no special qualities to stay in course compared to the rest of the cast except the fact that she is tougher than a cockroach.
Meido just doesn't know when to quit. And Saito doesn't know how to choose best girl. Or rather how to stick with his choice.

Pooya

metal gear rising revengeance blah blah lttp an all that.

major brain damage inflicted...
story makes Kojima's look good and smart...
wow, this is too dumb wow. too dumb I can't. It's not even it's so bad it's good, it's so bad it hurts. Think how much money they wasted making these shitty cutscenes for STORY.

yo PG*, next time please don't bother with a story whatsoever, it's just getting worse and worse with each one. Just make an arena and throw shit at the player, maybe use the freed up budget to not to reuse the same bosses again in all of your games or something.

wow, this is too dumb wow. too dumb I can't. It's not even it's so bad it's good, it's so bad it hurts. Think how much money they wasted making these shitty cutscenes for STORY.

yo PG*, next time please don't bother with a story whatsoever, it's just getting worse and worse with each one. Just make an arena and throw shit at the player, maybe use the freed up budget to not to reuse the same bosses again in all of your games or something.

The story is hilarious because it doesn't take itself seriously. It's the best Metal Gear game in ages. And some of the best use of sound in any game.

Pooya

I liked the game until the last boss, fucking hell.
He talked and talked and talked and talked
awww didn't help the actual fight wasn't any fun at all unlike the previous boss fights. Hated it completely, felt cheap.

The game is saved by the boss fights imo, rest of it is pretty boring and there are like 3-4 unique looking levels.

CorvoSol

Gundam Build Fighters-20

And the show was doing so good. This is like the most bullshit tournament of all time. So much rigging.

What, you don't like the Allenby Beardsley tribute this episode?

So Victory Gundam is Final Destination with Mechs and war?

Mmmm. It's more like Green Eggs and Ham except instead of Sam I Am pestering that guy about eating food in bizarre locations/circumstances its about actual space feminazi rapists with wheels murdering women in bizarre locations/circumstances.

And in spite of that description, it's not really fun to watch.

Samurai Flamenco Episode 17 is great, though.

Adios amigo !
( second best scene only behind
"i'm a senator"
)

So I'm guessing the elf is an original of sorts and they use it as a means to reset death whenever they please?
Good eyecatch again. May they get more mileage out of catgirl Louise as that was UNF as hell.
Yeah, should have ended after the school incident. This last arc was dumb as hell.

Meido just doesn't know when to quit. And Saito doesn't know how to choose best girl. Or rather how to stick with his choice.

i think saito problem is that he made a choice but is constantly tempted He has like no time to rest and when he finally can , the plot will sent him back in the tornado of temptation by almost every female in the cast.

Midonin

Seitokai Yakuindomo* 08

So that's the story of Kotomi's weird photoshopping. A lot of revisited plot points, actually. Aria's ingenuity in the field of perversion is incredible. The last time I saw one of those new fans was in KoreZom, but here, Aria's way of rejiggering it was... interesting, and yet very her.

Theonik

i think saito problem is that he made a choice but is constantly tempted He has like no time to rest and when he finally can , the plot will sent him back in the tornado of temptation by almost every female in the cast.
He just doesn't know how to put a leash on his dick.
It's worse because he should know by now what will happen to him.

cajunator

Banned
K-On! with guns would actually be decent. C3bu was Girls und Panzer if Mari Okada had her way with the script.

ahahahaha.

Well Mari Okada might have made it more fun.

Catgirl Louise is pretty rad. Cannot disagree with that.

Yeah. MGR is the only good thing in the entire Metal Gear series but not because of story.

Gintama Inchmanson 254-256 Kintama Arc

RIP TAMA, Everything rebooted.

I like how the females are the first to remember. As if the love interests are the first to wake up... despite never considering Kyubei as one

Oh sweet, Mantama. I'd probably watch this "Not-Hatsune Miku" anime.

EDIT: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA THAT ENDING

Tenumi

Banned
Zero no Tsukaima - Futatsuki no Kishi 11

Well this is getting rather silly. Then again...
UNF UNF
There was also meido. But meido sucks.
Ploooooot

Only thing that beats booty is booty with tails.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also, I've been so quiet lately. I've been quite busy the last few weeks, but finally I've got a break, and quite a lot of stress gone from my body. Hopefully that translates to being more active again. Been forever since I broke 100 posts here...

santeesioux

Dusk Maiden of Amnesia

I thought it was a pretty good show until
dat ending. I feel like it completely undid what the last episode was working up to with her coming back at the very end.

Space Dandy 8

God dammit. I come to this show to LAUGH, Dandy. Why do you keep making me feel things!?

In space nobody can hear you feels, baby

Hamatora 8

So a beach episode right after a serious scene/
death
? That amateur hour change of tone. We go from sadness to boobies. Space Dandy is that you? I need somebody to make a gif of that really awkwardly animated high five at the end. Jesus Christ. that was bad

Tenumi

Banned
Happiness Charge Precure: 04

This episode's Anniversary Celebration Precure: Cure Moooooooonlight!

So far, so good. I love that foot soldiers are back. Sure, they're just cannon fodder, but at least they add more fun fight scenes to the season.

Gintama Etchasketchson 257 Courtesan of a Nation Arc

Oh wow, a character I forgot about. That princess that made friends of Kagura is here. THAT CALL BACK FROM WAY BACK WHEN!

And that Email Chief Police Officer. Dude is so weird.

I guess the basic premise of this arc is somewhat interesting, if only because the Shogun is involved. Old lady prostitution? Pass.

Midonin

Tokyo Ravens 20

The roof was just blown right off, though in ways that have been foreshadowed for some time now.
Harutora is the true reincarnation, and Natsume's been a mere decoy the whole time. And Hokuto was indeed her. Also, Harutora has the Raven Coat now.
That the episode forewent the opening and ending and spent it all on character moments with Natsume at the start and end was a good choice. Now I have a better idea of what's going on. There's not a lot of episodes to wrap it up with, but the show has been building to this point for a long time. It's good to get payoff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom