• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

Crocodile

GBF baseball episode was meh. Samurai Champloo baseball epeisode is still the best anime related baseball thing I've ever seen.

For the lazy from 1 (top) to 25 (bottom)

Shinji Ikari
Spike Spiegel
Son Goku
Astro Boy
Kenshin Himura
Johan Liebert
Light Yagami
Edward Elric
Nausicaä
Vegeta
Motoko Kusanagi
Lain Iwakura
Asuka Langley Soryu
Haruko Haruhara
Kakashi Hatake
Arsene Lupin III
Eikichi Onizuka
Lelouch Lamperouge
L
Vash the Stampede
Alucard
Guts
Afro
Black Jack
Haruhi Fujioka

List seems super safe

cajunator

Banned
The best part of this is the figure of Akira without having her breasts out!

tumblr_n0hcd3xhqH1t46pjso1_500.jpg

The girls in this show are verifiably cute. I cannot fault that.

Aria the Origination 6

I'm a bit surprised at how little development Alicia has gotten the past couple of seasons, so it was nice to get some after so long. As much as I'd be fine with her continuing to be ara ara-est character ever and not much else, this episode warmed my heart nicely.

What sorta pacing do you watch this show? I watch a few episodes occasionally but have no schedule for it. more like a spur of the moment "Im feeling cozy, time to watch some Aria" thing.

cajunator

Banned
Break out your wallets, cause the MADOKA OF THE END movie is up on Rightstuf:

Limited Edition for $94.98.

Regular Edition for $54.98.

The LE has:

Well shit....
*preorders

Well, the weird thing was they were available for sale during the Christmas sale, but I thought I would wait until the third movie was out to buy them (to get to 250 dollars for shipping).

Hopefully Aniplex USA does something. How long did it take them to do a reasonable Fate/Zero release?

They still havent released one lol.

Date A Live: 07

I meant to take a creepy pic but it turned out silly instead.

Well, things are certainly ramping up, with the introduction of this new spirit. And what a character she is!

Welcome to best girl. Shes the best. Best tier. Say hello to perfection.
Dont try to hug her she will eat you.
ALso it was totally worth buying an awful Griffon figurine to have a cute Kurumi on my shelf.

What sorta pacing do you watch this show? I watch a few episodes occasionally but have no schedule for it. more like a spur of the moment "Im feeling cozy, time to watch some Aria" thing.
Really it's whenever I'm not tired, shows like Aria will easily make me doze off due to how relaxing it is.

Tenumi

Banned
Welcome to best girl. Shes the best. Best tier. Say hello to perfection.
Dont try to hug her she will eat you.
ALso it was totally worth buying an awful Griffon figurine to have a cute Kurumi on my shelf.

She's definitely.... "forward", to say the least.

GBF baseball episode was meh. Samurai Champloo baseball epeisode is still the best anime related baseball thing I've ever seen.

Shinji Ikari
Spike Spiegel
Son Goku
Astro Boy
Kenshin Himura
Johan Liebert
Light Yagami
Edward Elric
Nausicaä
Vegeta
Motoko Kusanagi
Lain Iwakura
Asuka Langley Soryu
Haruko Haruhara
Kakashi Hatake
Arsene Lupin III
Eikichi Onizuka
Lelouch Lamperouge
L
Vash the Stampede
Alucard
Guts
Afro
Black Jack
Haruhi Fujioka

List seems super safe

Major props to them putting
Black Jack
there. I find that not too many people here know about his show. More people here would probably watch it if it's not for his sidekick that most likely causes people to turn away.

But seriously though, despite that, more people should watch it as it's a very touching show with a really interesting main character.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
None of the characters on that list premiered in an anime after 2006 (Haruhi, Light/L, Lelouche).

Well, yeah. Who watches anime anymore? There was this show called K-On and after that it was all moe shit for creepy otaku.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'm not even going to make comments like "Where's Akari?" and "Where's Mitsuba?" in regards to that list.

However I am going to question how one can possible ignore Dio bloody Brando. That is shameful.

Gazoinks

Major props to them putting
Black Jack
there. I find that not too many people here know about his show. More people here would probably watch it if it's not for his sidekick that most likely causes people to turn away.

But seriously though, despite that, more people should watch it as it's a very touching show with a really interesting main character.

The manga's great (Tezukaaaa), never seen the show though.

fertygo

I'm not even going to make comments like "Where's Akari?" and "Where's Mitsuba?" in regards to that list.

However I am going to question how one can possible ignore Dio bloody Brando. That is shameful.

No Dio, no Kenshiro that list even fail as safe pick.

The manga's great (Tezukaaaa), never seen the show though.

I've never read the manga, but I've heard that it's much darker than the show. The show kind of tones down some of the dark stuff that goes on in the manga from what I've heard.

For examples

In the stories of the whale and the female doctor on the island, instead of dying IIRC in the manga, they survive. Maybe that's why some people are turned off by the show, but for what I saw, I really enjoyed it. It's the best slice-of-life show I've ever watched, if you could call it that.

Branduil

Do you remember how many lists you have written in your life?

cajunator

Banned

I vividly remember this fleecing. I took it. Think it was worth it though. And its soooooo pretty.

Kino's Journey 7

Predictable, but entertaining nonetheless. King reminded me of a Final Fantasy villain (the emperor in FFII, to be specific). And again, some nice character development.

Probably my favorite episode, though a lot of episodes are way up there. Hard to choose a favorite. Its the only two parter but it was a really interesting look at Kinos situation and how far Kinos willpower can be stretched.

Looking at the description on Crunchyroll, this sounds a bit like Lucky Star or Nichijou. Do you think I'll like it if I enjoyed those shows?

Absolutely!

What anime is this?

tumblr_myxe45Psar1qzqnxxo1_500.gif

Youre Under Arrest. One of the best things in the world.

Midonin

Sky Girls 03-05

Eika and Otoha's friendship changed a lot in the span of just three episodes. She's still on the tsundere side, but the warming up happened really quickly. Death-defying situations have a way of doing that. Karen continues to be lovabley awkward. I like the parallels between her and Takumi, too. Both of them like using physical media (film/paper for letters), even when it's expensive after the world's fall.

Though it's set several decades more in the future, the world of Sky Girls feels pretty accurate. Those terminals everybody uses may look sorta like a Tomagotchi, but they function a lot like today's smartphones. The way they were able to receive the picture from the photo booth is a good example. Episode 5's airshow does hint that these machines may, despite their appearance, be at least partially super robot like in nature. The way Zero wordlessly told Otoha during the airshow "It's dangerous to shoot alone, take this" shows something's up with them.

I'm liking the leisurely pace of these episodes, though going by the final scene for episode 5, the Worms may very well be returning.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Hamatora The Animation Episode 5:

Yea, this certainly did not break the mold of hot springs episode being the worst episode of a given series.

cajunator

Banned
I don't even WANT to see more. I'm pretty much done with it now.

I remember there used to be a webring dedicated to hatred of C-ko.

And so Sentai officially announced what was obvious from the start, that they've licensed Chuunibyou S2.

https://www.facebook.com/SentaiFilmworks/posts/698492300191952

They need to announce bluray release dates now.
Unless I missed it.

My only other baseball episode experience is the Samurai Champloo one and it is amazing. The GBF one was just really boring.

Taisho Baseball Girls is still the most fun baseball anime experience.

cajunator

Banned

Shinji Ikari
Spike Spiegel
Son Goku
Astro Boy
Kenshin Himura
Johan Liebert
Light Yagami
Edward Elric
Nausicaä
Vegeta
Motoko Kusanagi
Lain Iwakura
Asuka Langley Soryu
Haruko Haruhara
Kakashi Hatake
Arsene Lupin III
Eikichi Onizuka
Lelouch Lamperouge
L
Vash the Stampede
Alucard
Guts
Afro
Black Jack
Haruhi Fujioka

List seems super safe

This list doesnt have Kintaro Oe in it and is thusly irrelevant.

Really it's whenever I'm not tired, shows like Aria will easily make me doze off due to how relaxing it is.

Yeah same here. Gotta be wide awake yet relaxed. Like on a comfy day when Im doing nothing and I just woke up sorta thing.

Gotta avoid anything that would suggest that you're one of those anime fans.

But what if I am one of those?

It was just brought to my attention that the Mikakunin de Shinkoukei mangaka made a special illustration for the anime site to celebrate Setsubun yesterday.

MASHIROOOOOOOOOOOOOO <3

Such moenuke.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Yeah but I didn't even like A-Ko that much, why would I go out of my way to see more of it?
....because it's not the same thing?

It's almost like saying "I didn't like FMP much, why the hell would I waste my time watching Fumoffu and TSR?"

Yowamushi Pedal 1-17

I usually steer away from sport based anime/manga but the Otaku-like protagonist made me check this out and I'm really liking it so far. And Onoda is normal compared to the characters in other schools which include Biceps-Naming-Guy and Cyclist-Dictator.

I also love the bonus parts after the ED which always show something different than the power of cadence and whatever. My only complaints are some weird CG shots and the slow pace of the show, specially on the last couple of episodes.

Will this anime end before the Inter-High?

Dresden

Yowamushi Pedal 1-17

I usually steer away from sport based anime/manga but the Otaku-like protagonist made me check this out and I'm really liking it so far. And Onoda is normal compared to the characters in other schools which include Biceps-Naming-Guy and Cyclist-Dictator.

I also love the bonus parts after the ED which always show something different than the power of cadence and whatever. My only complaints are some weird CG shots and the slow pace of the show, specially on the last couple of episodes.

Will this anime end before the Inter-High?

No, it'll cover the inter high, from what the manga readers have been saying (the anime is scheduled for 39 episodes).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom