• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seitokai Yakuindomo* 05

Lots of focus on the judo team this week. Their innocence is a good change of pace. Aria continues to be the character I pay the most attention to, just because of how bold she is. Futanari (not really), the triangle shaving gag and even diapers... Maken-Ki! may be more explicit visually, but it's got a lot of catching up to do to match SYD in terms of maximum lewdness.

SYD is certainly uniquely lewd.

Break out your wallets, cause the MADOKA OF THE END movie is up on Rightstuf:

Limited Edition for $94.98.

Regular Edition for $54.98.

The LE has:

This collector's edition includes an exclusive blu-ray "Rebellion Theatrical Release Commemoratory - Understand the Hit Anime Series 'Madoka Magica' in 2 Hours!," an exclusive soundtrack CD, and a deluxe booklet, all housed in a rigid box featuring new artwork!

Customers who order this item will also receive an English translation booklet of the deluxe booklet, and three clear files featuring the theatrical poster art, exclusively available with this collector's edition at Right Stuf!

Midonin

The Samumenco Hero CDs are something I've been looking forward to since before the show began, and now Red Axe's theme is out. Akira Kushida is awesome, and if Harakiri Sunshine was in the vein of something from the 70s, then Red Axe's theme sounds very 80s. In the vein of Gavan or Kamen Rider Black. Toku songs sung by real toku singers, this is incredible.

The Samumenco Hero CDs are something I've been looking forward to since before the show began, and now Red Axe's theme is out. Akira Kushida is awesome, and if Harakiri Sunshine was in the vein of something from the 70s, then Red Axe's theme sounds very 80s. In the vein of Gavan or Kamen Rider Black. Toku songs sung by real toku singers, this is incredible.

Yes they are so good, I cant wait for the rest of them since it seems the next bds have them.

CorvoSol

Project A-Ko 4

Ancient Jewish Space Aliens built a shrine of a Japanese woman inside a hidden vault in the Iraqi desert.

This is some List stuff right here.

"Marriage is an blah blah blah" Oh God, B-Ko posts on GAF.

"I like Deep Throat". I guess the joke was relevant then but man it's sort of an entirely different joke now.

XjpVmFY.jpg

I'm sold on this game.

Wonder if Suguha's going to be in this.

Oh god... to buy it or to wait for a more reasonable barebones dub version...

Edit: oh weird, they seem to have gotten rid of the first two movies. I guess they're totally sold out forever. lol

I think throwing in a translated version of the booklet seems worth it.

And more artwork for you to collect. Luckily, it looks like they include all three in each set this time!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It's a real good series? Maybe I should look this one up.
It's either the best thing ever or a been there, done that series depending on who you ask! lol

I think throwing in a translated version of the booklet seems worth it.

And more artwork for you to collect. Luckily, it looks like they include all three in each set this time!
I think I'm either at the point where I'd want to own all the movies or I'd be willing to just wait for them to just package the three movies together or at least make them all available without the Japanese extras. I was honestly about to blow 200 bucks on the whole trilogy, but thankfully the first two movies seem to be completely out of stock.

The fact tat the commentary is still not subbed is really stupid though. For a hundred bucks, they could at least try like they did with the Bakemono set.

Ma ma ma ma
Fiyahawku-san really is Mees Pafactu!
Ara ara, ara ara ara!

Oh god... to buy it or to wait for a more reasonable barebones dub version...

Edit: oh weird, they seem to have gotten rid of the first two movies. I guess they're totally sold out forever. lol

They both were limited edition imports. Japan only made so many copies. It will hopefully just be a matter of time before Aniplex USA decides to do a domestic release.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
They both were limited edition imports. Japan only made so many copies. It will hopefully just be a matter of time before Aniplex USA decides to do a domestic release.
Well, the weird thing was they were available for sale during the Christmas sale, but I thought I would wait until the third movie was out to buy them (to get to 250 dollars for shipping).

Hopefully Aniplex USA does something. How long did it take them to do a reasonable Fate/Zero release?

I think I'm either at the point where I'd want to own all the movies or I'd be willing to just wait for them to just package the three movies together or at least make them all available without the Japanese extras. I was honestly about to blow 200 bucks on the whole trilogy, but thankfully the first two movies seem to be completely out of stock.

The fact tat the commentary is still not subbed is really stupid though. For a hundred bucks, they could at least try like they did with the Bakemono set.

Didn't one of the -monogatari releases not have subbed commentary or something?

But, extrasssssssss. I don't think we heard anything if the first two movies are getting dubbed either.

Tenumi

Banned
Date A Live: 07

I meant to take a creepy pic but it turned out silly instead.

Well, things are certainly ramping up, with the introduction of this new spirit. And what a character she is!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Didn't one of the -monogatari releases not have subbed commentary or something?

But, extrasssssssss. I don't think we heard anything if the first two movies are getting dubbed either.
Nise was 50 dollars cheaper than Bake, but they took out the commentary tracks entirely, which is even worse.

Quick data burst from something for the series that had first volumes go on sale last week:

17,252 -- Kuroko no Basuke S2 [BD+DVD]
9,701 -- Little Busters! Refrain [BD+DVD]
5,583 -- Strike the Blood [BD+DVD]

Log Horizon sells 721 DVD and some number of BDs below the 3,137 threshold, though estimates have it close to 3k. Then again, as an NHK-E show, it's not like disc sales matter as much.

Didn't think Strike the Blood would sell that much.

Thought it would have been around 1k-3k

Dedication Through Light said:
Yes my choice for which Free! character one would want to spend valentines day with got number 2 and good comments. (Rin)
tumblr_n0gdjwwheE1shcbvco1_250.png

"I want to force him to eat my chocolate"
"He looks kind of mad all the time, but if I give him a chocolate, he may blush" (blushing rin is best rin).

Rei is in 4th?

Awful poll.

Rei or burst.

This guy gets it.

Well, the weird thing was they were available for sale during the Christmas sale, but I thought I would wait until the third movie was out to buy them (to get to 250 dollars for shipping).

Hopefully Aniplex USA does something. How long did it take them to do a reasonable Fate/Zero release?

First season took over a year and a half, while the second season just took a year and a quarter between the import to domestic release. And obviously the extras were different for each set.

S1: (Import/Domestic)
http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/MNP5boHffYcdLbtSlz/browse/item/93826/4/0/0
http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/MNP5boHffYcdLbtSlz/browse/item/98832/4/0/0

S2: (Import/Domestic)
http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/MNP5boHffYcdLbtSlz/browse/item/95257/4/0/0
http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/MNP5boHffYcdLbtSlz/browse/item/98834/4/0/0

Date A Live: 07

I meant to take a creepy pic but it turned out silly instead.

Well, things are certainly ramping up, with the introduction of this new spirit. And what a character she is!

Congratulations! You've just met best girl.

If you want some nice fanart, you can ask A Huge Battleship to hook you up.

Link Man

Banned
Kino's Journey 7

Predictable, but entertaining nonetheless. King reminded me of a Final Fantasy villain (the emperor in FFII, to be specific). And again, some nice character development.

Jex

[Toriko] - 140

I don't think this show really knows how to handle like 15 separate fights at once.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
First season took over a year and a half, while the second season just took a year and a quarter between the import to domestic release. And obviously the extras were different for each set.

S1: (Import/Domestic)
http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6...em/93826/4/0/0
http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6...em/98832/4/0/0

S2: (Import/Domestic)
http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6...em/95257/4/0/0
http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6...em/98834/4/0/0

Yikes. I guess I can wait, although that 2 hour "special" and the OST are kind of enticing.

CorvoSol

"I don't know what you see in K!" C-Ko wailed.

Everyone present stared blankly back at her, and responded, "Funny, we could say the same of you."

How Project A-Ko would have ended if I had written it. As it is, I have no further interest in seeing a creature as repulsive as C-Ko.

OH GOD C-KO'S TIARA IS THE SAME AS THE GUNDAM AGE'S CREST. NO WONDER I HATE THEM BOTH.

How was the translation booklet for the import sets. I guess that could affect if I import or wait for a 3 movies bundle set.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A's Episode 10:

I suppose I can not drop a show this close to completion and indeed this was a better episode then the last one with the Twins quickly dispatched and the true big bad revealed.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
"I don't know what you see in K!" C-Ko wailed.

Everyone present stared blankly back at her, and responded, "Funny, we could say the same of you."

How Project A-Ko would have ended if I had written it. As it is, I have no further interest in seeing a creature as repulsive as C-Ko.

OH GOD C-KO'S TIARA IS THE SAME AS THE GUNDAM AGE'S CREST. NO WONDER I HATE THEM BOTH.

You have not even seen the worst of it yet.

Tokyo Ravens 17
Something about spiritual disasters and then Haratora did a thing and got really powerful. Plus Kon did a lot of stuff. Too bad almost no dialogue from her

CorvoSol

AH yes Project Ako Vs Blue Side and Vs. Grey Side, they found a way to make Cko more annoying, they turned her into a 10 year old brat.

She already is, though.

I totally forgot there was more Project A-Ko than just the movie.

Worth watching?

NO. The first one and MAYBE the second one are funny, the third one is pushing it and in the 4th one they seem completely tone deaf to how awful a person C-Ko is.

Like B-Ko and A-Ko are fighting over a boy instead of C-Ko and she gets all pissy and whiny and literally says "WHAT ABOUT MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" and then her "I DON'T SEE WHAT YOU ALL SEE IN HIM" when it's her who I can't see why the characters like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom