• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the description on Crunchyroll, this sounds a bit like Lucky Star or Nichijou. Do you think I'll like it if I enjoyed those shows?

It's definitely worth checking out if you enjoyed both of those. Yuyushiki is a bit more relaxed, but they're all in the same wheelhouse.

It's only worth it to buy from the Rightstuf store directly for the free Canadian shipping. Although I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out being cheaper via Amazon.

There are other sellers that have it for cheaper, but it is hard to guess which sellers have legitimate non-bootleg items. Just wanted to state that shawnek will come direct from Right Stuf despite being through Amazon.

cnet128

Banned
Tokyo Ravens 17

Kon did indeed do things, but not nearly enough things. Harutora, on the other hand...that's one hell of a powerup he unlocked. Ultra-OP protagonist mode, activate!

...So hang on, who the hell thought it was a good idea to leave that deranged shikigami there? >.> Because they should be slapped.

And I will freely admit that I have NO FUCKING CLUE what anybody was talking about in that scene at the end. Dear God why is all the background stuff in this show so obtuse.

Ojamajo Doremi ♯ - Episode 10

This is definately my favourite episode of the series so far. Majo Rika fused with Baaya is a scary combination! Everyone self inserting themselves in that story was hilarious and especially when they started using magic.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
There are other sellers that have it for cheaper, but it is hard to guess which sellers have legitimate non-bootleg items. Just wanted to state that shawnek will come direct from Right Stuf despite being through Amazon.
Makes sense. Although why they wouldn't just sell that on their normal store and just change the stock number on Amazon...

---

Girls Gone Wild 5
6ujTduQl.png

I don't know why, but this did get me to laugh. Maybe it's because of all the cat girls in anime that I've seen over the years.

Articalys

So the Mai Mai Miracle Kickstarter still isn't technically live yet -- as Anime Limited explains:
The honest point is – we missed that the submission process doesn’t actually make the project go live so we’d left that to the last moment. Our bad on that one and of course we’re not asking for money until you get a chance to see the pitch in a bit more detail!
So for the time being, they've provided a draft link so you can at least see the project and all the pledge tiers.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/alltheanime/1966076526?token=3bc1557d

CorvoSol

I thought the baseball episode rocked. It's not like Luang was in a cool mobile suit or deserved a good fight. So I say baseball is the way to go.

Makes sense. Although why they wouldn't just sell that on their normal store and just change the stock number on Amazon...

I would assume that Shawne Kleckner himself sells these items, hence the storefront name. Being the CEO of Right Stuf, he probably just uses his own warehouse stock to package and ship items he sells personally. A lot of the items on that storefront are OOP of course.

I think the only other baseball episode I can remember apart from the one from Gundam Build Fighters was that one in Sonic X, if I remember right that one was pretty good.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I would assume that Shawne Kleckner himself sells these items, hence the storefront name. Being the CEO of Right Stuf, he probably just uses his own warehouse stock to package and ship items he sells personally. A lot of the items on that storefront are OOP of course.
It just seems weird, although I guess he can mark up his product on Amazon anyway.

Mature

it doesn't hold a candle to polar bear cafe's baseball ep so i'd say it's pretty boring by comparison
If you use Polar Bear Cafe as a metric for everything you're always going to come out disappointed.

It's been a few years since I've seen it, but I seem to remember Samurai Champloo having a pretty great baseball episode.

it doesn't hold a candle to polar bear cafe's baseball ep so i'd say it's pretty boring by comparison

Pinch hitter:
Mama Red Squirrel!

I think the only other baseball episode I can remember apart from the one from Gundam Build Fighters was that one in Sonic X, if I remember right that one was pretty good.

You'll see the one in Ojamajo Doremi Na-i-sho, and it's pretty good. At least I hope so.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
"I don't know what you see in K!" C-Ko wailed.

Everyone present stared blankly back at her, and responded, "Funny, we could say the same of you."

How Project A-Ko would have ended if I had written it. As it is, I have no further interest in seeing a creature as repulsive as C-Ko.

OH GOD C-KO'S TIARA IS THE SAME AS THE GUNDAM AGE'S CREST. NO WONDER I HATE THEM BOTH.

Don't skip the A-Ko Vs. spinoffs. It's basically a Dirty Pair knockoff starring A-Ko & B-Ko and they have much more entertaining chemistry together than A-Ko & C-Ko. C-Ko's not entirely absent from events, but she's basically reduced to supporting character.

JoeFu

Banned
My only other baseball episode experience is the Samurai Champloo one and it is amazing. The GBF one was just really boring.

CorvoSol

Don't skip the A-Ko Vs. spinoffs. It's basically a Dirty Pair knockoff starring A-Ko & B-Ko and they have much more entertaining chemistry together than A-Ko & C-Ko. C-Ko's not entirely absent from events, but she's basically reduced to supporting character.

I'm skipping all of them 'cuz I've dropped the show from my watchlist altogether. I've seen enough of it to know it isn't going anywhere.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Nobody here watches KEY anime :(

There was the Clannad After Story baseball episode (it was the first episode!).

Oh and then there was Angel Beats... yeah.

jbug617

Banned
Quick data burst from something for the series that had first volumes go on sale last week:

17,252 -- Kuroko no Basuke S2 [BD+DVD]
9,701 -- Little Busters! Refrain [BD+DVD]
5,583 -- Strike the Blood [BD+DVD]

Log Horizon sells 721 DVD and some number of BDs below the 3,137 threshold, though estimates have it close to 3k. Then again, as an NHK-E show, it's not like disc sales matter as much.

Okay numbers for Kuroko. I expected more.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I'm skipping all of them 'cuz I've dropped the show from my watchlist altogether. I've seen enough of it to know it isn't going anywhere.

They're not in the same continuity. Like I said, it's a Dirty Pair parody with A-Ko and B-Ko as space bounty hunters. It's not great, but it's better than the main OVA series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom