• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erigu

I had no idea Jojo fan translations were such serious business.
Hey now, just because I can talk at lengths about certain subjects, that doesn't necessarily mean I believe they're serious business!
(... why am I even explaining that in an anime thread on a gaming board?)

DiGiKerot

My Yuno nenderoid arrived. I think this is the cutest object in the fuckin universe.

Xu4jEhF.jpg

TOTES ADORBS, AM I RITE.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I was tempted to get that nendo for the face since it has purple eyes like Akari.

But then I realised that that would be buying a nendo for one part.

The full version of Gundam Build Fighters OP2 "wimp" is way more badass than I had thought:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQU8jUyX5q4

It's the perfect kind of "play the OP during the final battle" music, though from what I understand GBF's soundtrack is serviceable enough on its own to not even need that.

I love the version without lil' fang also. One of the better music videos from jpn Ive seen since altima burst the gravity.

Midonin

Aikatsu! 73

This is one of the more Starlight-focused episodes in some time. Otome is really, really helpful. Though it was brief, I enjoyed seeing Yurika take the spotlight for a moment. So, like with Star☆Anis last time, the Starlight and Dream girls are going to combine into one unit? I'm okay with that, but it still leaves half of the previous main cast reduced to secondary rules. And there's still the vague whatever it is that Mitsuki's been planning behind the scenes.

Midonin

Engaged to the Identified 10

Benio's making Akane Akaza look sane and well-adjusted. Her selective obliviousness to anything that's not Kobeni-related reached its peak with that newspaper article. Her Englishy pronunciation of "White Day" amused me. Seeing the UMA Chocolate make a return was cute on Mashiro's part. A quick Google search reveals Kusshie is real - is Japan trying to copy Scotland?

Midonin

Nagi no Asukara 23

Ena's being so freely distributed in this show now. Even Tsumugu has it now. Also, love confessions and trying to figure out just how to unravel the geometric shape.
Uroko said there's no way to know how to do it, but I did enjoy the return of
the sea slug's gift from way earlier in the series. Manaka's memories are starting to be jogged, and that was almost certainly a catalyst.
Tensions running high.

cnet128

Banned
Will hopefully get to watch sometime.

One thing I've wondered about. What's the reason for the time being 26:30-27:00 and not 02:30-03:00 or whatever?

I figure it's so they can refer to the day that the show's airing without any ambiguity.

Because if you say "every Thursday at 26:30" everyone understands that it's after midnight on Thursday evening, whereas if you use the traditional 02:30 then you have to deal with the weirdness of it being Thursday evening for sanity purposes but Friday for specifying-the-date purposes.

I quite like it myself.

Articalys

Extended sales list for Mar. 3-9:

http://www.someanithing.com/?p=971

No real interesting new data, but Watamote completes its six-volume run with a 1,028 average. Not popular indeed.
Though I guess the small addition of Kurobas S2 v2 BD sales did give it the predicted bump over v1's total sales so far. Barely.

Mononoke

Banned
Feel dumb asking, but I just want to make sure I have everything correct. So Little Witch Academia is only a single 20 min movie? And they did a Kickstarter to make a second one that was initially going to be 20 min, but might get extended in length since they went over the 126k goal?

I'm kind of surprised, because I've heard nothing but great things about this anime. I figured it was a series, or a full length film. But it blew my mind when I saw it was only like 20 min. Do they really establish the world/characters that well in that short of time? I'm going to watch it later today. But just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

Vito

Banned
Let the news wars begin! This is pretty hardcore, drafting posts and hitting refresh on noitamina's channel to get to that CM first, it had one view when I pasted it, lol

I figure it's so they can refer to the day that the show's airing without any ambiguity.

Because if you say "every Thursday at 26:30" everyone understands that it's after midnight on Thursday evening, whereas if you use the traditional 02:30 then you have to deal with the weirdness of it being Thursday evening for sanity purposes but Friday for specifying-the-date purposes.

I quite like it myself.

Ah, well. Seemed a bit strange the first time I saw it, but I guess it makes some sense. Only a few countries does this by the looks of it.

duckroll

Let the news wars begin! This is pretty hardcore, drafting posts and hitting refresh on noitamina's channel to get to that CM first, it had one view when I pasted it, lol

Who gives a fuck. Seriously. No one other than the people posting this shit.

Tenumi

Banned
Log Horizon: 1, 2

If you die in the game, you.... actually, nothing of consequence happens.

Nice music, good characters, and the most adorable assassin ever. Seems like this should be a good watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom