• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Princess Tutu 8

You'd think Duck's friends mean well, and yet they're also part of a conspiracy in my head canon so far. It's like every time they do something, they're deliberately starting a chain of events that just makes her suffer at the end. Nevermind one of them berating her in a "joking" fashion.

The show goes telling us about metaphorical penetration in a love story via interpretive dancing, and a triangle of love featuring Fakir. Actually, that would be a Love Square....

Speaking of which, I can't stop hearing Fuckir. That's what you called a veiled jab in literature my friends. We also gain more insight on what he is in this story to basically establish the overall relationship of things. Although... it's slightly different when one isn't aware of her dancing queen status.

Silver Spoon S2 09:

Made me really appreciate that here (Finland) your parents don't have to save money for your college tuition as education is completely free on all levels.

Syrinx

Princess Tutu 8

You'd think Duck's friends mean well, and yet they're also part of a conspiracy in my head canon so far. It's like every time they do something, they're deliberately starting a chain of events that just makes her suffer at the end. Nevermind one of them berating her in a "joking" fashion.

The show goes telling us about metaphorical penetration in a love story via interpretive dancing, and a triangle of love featuring Fakir. Actually, that would be a Love Square....

Speaking of which, I can't stop hearing Fuckir. That's what you called a veiled jab in literature my friends. We also gain more insight on what he is in this story to basically establish the overall relationship of things. Although... it's slightly different when one isn't aware of her dancing queen status.
Her "friends" are really just terrible people who enjoy watching Duck try her best only to fail. Especially that one girl.

jman2050

Golden Time 22

Banri doesn't need Koko. He needs a therapist and/or suicide hotline, and fast. Love me some Takemiya melodrama, although considering all the shit Banri's went through, I'm surprised it took this long for him to completely snap. Linda gets in on the fun and
SHOCKING TWIST: she liked him all along. Yeah I know, didn't see that coming at all.

It's funny because the ending of this episode was eerily reminiscent of Toradora 23's ending. I said I wouldn't compare the two often but this is just too blatant to ignore.

GJBu should be US licensed for my happiness.

Would like to have a US release too, but since a year has passed since the anime aired I decided to pre-order the Blu-rays for season one and the @-special. Probably the most money I have spent on one anime series, but I think it's worth it.

cajunator

Banned
Would like to have a US release too, but since a year has passed since the anime aired I decided to pre-order the Blu-rays for season one and the @-special. Probably the most money I have spent on one anime series, but I think it's worth it.

If I wasnt so technically challenged Id try to splice subtitle files into a Japanese bluray purchase so I could understand it but thats unlikely to ever happen so Im kind of hamstrung buying US releases forevers.

If I wasnt so technically challenged Id try to splice subtitle files into a Japanese bluray purchase so I could understand it but thats unlikely to ever happen so Im kind of hamstrung buying US releases forevers.

Well I have yet to fully comprehend the Japanese language, but GJ-bu will be my first non-subtitled anime purchase. For me, I just want to support the release. I have numerous OSTs with drama tracks that I don't understand but still enjoy listening to.

cajunator

Banned
Well I have yet to fully comprehend the Japanese language, but GJ-bu will be my first non-subtitled anime purchase. For me, I just want to support the release. I have numerous OSTs with drama tracks that I don't understand but still enjoy listening to.

Id like to support the release of several shows but space is limited on my shelves. I have to go with mostly compressed collections like the Us releases are. Its not as aestheticallyy pleasing but I can actually store it. Cant wait to get my own place with more room.

cnet128

Banned
Nagi no Asu Kara 23

Well, some serious developments on the Tsumugu/Chisaki front, and it's cool to see
Tsumugu finally get an ena of his own
, but I'm more interested in
Sayu's decision to confess her feelings to Kaname

Considering Hikari and Tsumugu's conversation, it also seems highly likely that the show is going for the
"it was Hikari that Manaka really liked all along"
angle, which I do not appreciate as it deals potentially critical damage to bestpairing. I will not forgive this show if it screws Miuna and Sayu out of their rightful pairings.

Her "friends" are really just terrible people who enjoy watching Duck try her best only to fail. Especially that one girl.

SO I WAS RIGHT AFTERALL! Huzzah! I mean, like, I know friends like to help or whatever, but given the general context of the show, it just gave me the feeling that they were assholes.

Wizard Barristers 5

I think I'm at that point that duckroll is with this show. It's not the best thing out there, considering there's a lack of general logic behind lawyering, but at the same time, it's not that bad of a show.

Speaking of which, there was quite a lot of lawyering, in one of the more mundane ways in comparison to the previous episodes, and it was pretty enjoyable as it is.

Also Mr Experienced Old Guy is the greetest.

Golden Time - 22

Jesus Christ poor Banri, that
Cafeteria scene
was just brutal. Man I went back and looked at the preview clip from the previous episode and they cut it together just so that you'd think things are going well for Banri lol. Guess we finally got to see Banri snap and everything is out in the open. If he doesn't end up back with Koko I'm gonna be pissed...

Narag

Rurouni Kenshin 49

R.i.p eye of the heartman am going to miss your smirk :/

Two rounds of disappointing hyped up fights(anji&eye of the heart) things don't bode well for me.

There's really nothing special about this arc so far it's decent but there far to much hot air(enjoyable hotair I might add) with very little delivering, most of the fights have been wack :(

Although shishio is straight pimpin.

Seta Soujiro fight is the only hope to entertain you now!

Samurai Flamenco 20

So what image will be added to the what I expected/got meme now?

Not that I follow it, but I'm surprised this doesn't have an image like the Gurren-Lagann IGN guys.

Samurai Flamenco 20

So the final enemy is
Masayoshi himself. I wonder if he is gonna delete himsef out of existence or kick God's ass.

Cant wait to see how all this is gonna end.

Love Live 4

Sure did take some time to get Tsundere Singer, Megane (who wears contacts now) and that other girl.

Now to get the "Your Favorite Idols are Shit" girl to join the team.

Samurai Flamenco - 20

Oh damn.

My theory of what will happen in the end may end up becoming true after all.

On the part of Hazama erasing himself anyway. The universe erasing Goto's girlfriend for Masayoshi is still plausible, but not set in stone yet.

cnet128

Banned
Silver Spoon S2 9

Heavy shit continues to be heavy. Seeing
the twins crying
just about killed me. I would quite appreciate it if a large pile of money suddenly fell out of the sky in front of these characters about now, logic be damned.

The Hachiken/Mikage relationship progress is wonderful, though.

Midonin

Magical Warfare 10

Training montage with mom time. So many developments happening suddenly, from the world plunging even further into a state of war to Mui having a way to get inside the enemy camp to
Kurumi waking up as Takeshi. Bwuh?
Things are moving so fast.

From the New World 8

O.......Kay.........

I..... Hmmmm.....

So... things.... happened....

tumblr_mdt6mslY9f1qdiq9mo1_1280.png

from-the-new-world-episode-8.jpg

Articalys

What dont you like about phi brain?!
Well, for one thing,
Orpheus hijacking the plot halfway through instead of allowing either Raetsel or Enigma to become the final boss for the season. Though seeing as this is the final season, I guess they needed something grander.
Also, wishing the female characters (aside from Raetsel) did more, though that request is probably falling on deaf ears when directed your way.

Aikatsu! 59

rl2TMNG.jpg

No Seriously, do they not think this through?

Hey, a drama audition episode! Fuck yeah, the entire gang is here! EVEN KAEDE! Who just fucking shows up out of nowhere during the audition unlike everyone else. But who cares, everyone is here! And we had a blast for the most part. Loved how the production team fucks up the premise by making it too serious. It's like... the dude is eating a bar of chocolate trying to take things seriously. pls. too drab. (in fact, Kaede didn't appear until they GOT the premise right. Do they stuff her in the closet until she's needed?)

tvn34aX.jpg

Yes, listen to Ichigo, the Master of not sucking balls

Really, they don't think a lot of things through, do they? I have to say though, man, the final idea was really cutesy, but I enjoyed this episode, whether or not the result kind of bothered me. Granted... it wasn't an idol competition, so it's like whatever....

...wait... wait wait... .....I'm dying.... this is an episode Shion could've been in, and yet they went and got Kaede who wasn't even THERE until the real deal began. HAHAHAHA well... I guess she needed to appear again after a while but RIP Shion, who I part with "Who the fuck is Shion?"

NaARbQw.jpg

Also Sunrise acknowledging a pairing.

Narag

I do a lot of meaningless and pointless shit and getting upset/trying to race someone over who can post the first anime news on a forum, is a league too much for even me.

it's enough to make me long for the old days of Jojo name translation debate

Midonin

I know that compared to Precure, Aikatsu and Jewelpet, Pretty Rhythm doesn't have much of a following here, but there is some news on the future of the franchise today. This spring's All Star Selection is apparently only going to be one cour(?) before making way for the next iteration, PuriPara, which replaces the ice skating element with something not that.

All we know about the next series is that the main girl from All Star Selection will star in it, as will the rest of i☆Ris, and it's directed by Makoto Moriwaki, who's handled several series like this and also Milky Holmes. The Stones are replaced with Tickets, something about a theme park, and other things like that.

http://www.animate.tv/news/details.php?id=1394673747&p=1

Jex

[Samurai Flamenco] - 20

So that was pretty weird huh? It's pretty clearly they were trying to go for, er, a particular tone and mood with the direction they went in but I don't really think they succeeded due to various directorial weaknesses. Also, the characters seemed to be distinctly off in certain respects, especially Gotoh. Is this all part of some genius meta-plot by the creators to trick the audience or is this just a pretty poor episode? I don't really feel like giving them the benefit of the doubt, especially considering how uneven the writing has been in places (Flamengers anyone?).

Articalys

I know that compared to Precure, Aikatsu and Jewelpet, Pretty Rhythm doesn't have much of a following here, but there is some news on the future of the franchise today. This spring's All Star Selection is apparently only going to be one cour(?) before making way for the next iteration, PuriPara, which replaces the ice skating element with something not that.

All we know about the next series is that the main girl from All Star Selection will star in it, as will the rest of i☆Ris, and it's directed by Makoto Morikawi, who's handled several series like this and also Milky Holmes. The Stones are replaced with Tickets, something about a theme park, and other things like that.

http://www.animate.tv/news/details.php?id=1394673747&p=1
PuriPara? Probably no chance of para para dancing though...

cnet128

Banned

Wondrous creatures. I salute them.

Samurai Flamenco 20

Well, I really don't know what to think of this latest enemy.
Is he really just a figment of Masayoshi's imagination? Seems unlikely. Is he really just a normal middle-schooler? Seems impossible considering the things he's pulled off. Is he some kind of being created by the will of the universe to satisfy Masayoshi's need for an enemy? Masayoshi's instincts are telling him no, and I'm inclined to trust them, particularly since the universe itself already told him it's not doing that any more. But I'm not sure what else he could be.
The one thing I know for sure is that he's damn intriguing.

DiGiKerot

Anyone know if this is better than Wake Up, Girls? WUG was so boring...

It's a lot goofier and a waaaaaay less dry than WUG is, at least. It's hard to compare the two, honestly - their approach to being an idol show is completely different, and whilst it's about as cynical a production as WUG, albeit in a completely different fashion, Love Live is about as earnest and positive and upbeat in it's take on idol culture as WUG is bitter about it.

I mean, I'm not really the best judge of these things, because there's so much about WUG that I find interesting that I'd be hardpressed to ever call it boring, but Love Live was a fun time. It has some good reaction face, also.

DiGiKerot

Its true.
I had no idea these figures were so tiny though. theyre really small!

Bigger than Puchi Nendos, though!

Honestly, if they were any bigger, but still kept those proportions and articulation, I'd have to imagine they'd start to become incredibly unstable before too long. Cupoches are a touch taller - albeit only by a centimeter or two - but the extra comparative size is entirely in a longer torso, and they use magnetic feet against a metal base to increase stability.

Erigu

Or Chrollo Lucifer=Quwrof Wrlccywrlir.
Sometimes authors don't know how to romanize.
(note that "Lucifer" also is a weird spelling for "ルシルフル"...)
Well, they're imaginary names, they get to choose how to romanize.
... But I suspect Togashi is just trolling, really.

Look, don't be too hard on Togashi. It's hard enough for him to draw a complete page, much less learn English. :p
Pet peeve #2: "Who said anything about English specifically?" :þ

santeesioux

It's a lot goofier and a waaaaaay less dry than WUG is, at least. It's hard to compare the two, honestly - their approach to being an idol show is completely different, and whilst it's about as cynical a production as WUG, albeit in a completely different fashion, Love Live is about as earnest and positive and upbeat in it's take on idol culture as WUG is bitter about it.

I mean, I'm not really the best judge of these things, because there's so much about WUG that I find interesting that I'd be hardpressed to ever call it boring, but Love Live was a fun time. It has some good reaction face, also.

That sounds fun.

cajunator

Banned
Bigger than Puchi Nendos, though!

Honestly, if they were any bigger, but still kept those proportions and articulation, I'd have to imagine they'd start to become incredibly unstable before too long. Cupoches are a touch taller - albeit only by a centimeter or two - but the extra comparative size is entirely in a longer torso, and they use magnetic feet against a metal base to increase stability.

I keep seeing these displayed with circular bases, but it comes with a square pegs base. Is that a separate thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom