• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
They should be able to make it with a final push.

So far the only successes from Anime Sols have been Creamy Mami, Dear Brother, and Black Jack, right?

Assuming all four Creamy Mami sets needed $18,000 funding, the final pledges ended quite close to the original funding goal.

Yes, only those three series have been funded as I can see, but none have reached complete funding in the sense that the all episode setes in the series were backed.

cajunator

Banned
by the way. Alter figurines are the closest thing you can get to a 3d version of your waifu. The attention to detail is ridiculous.
kFrX5CL.jpg

Midonin

No-Rin 10

Once Money Kanegami gets involved, the odds of anything being sold in a pedestrian way is unlikely. Mostly a story of Kei and his father issues, and that Kei
lost. And admitted defeat was unexpected. He can't get his mother back, but he wants to learn more about being a farmer. This means we're losing Yoshida from the cast for a while.
I still have Minori, but Yoshida's... bigger. Ringo's determination was cute, and the title of Yoshida's ending/character song is an amazingly terrible sort of pun.

Nordicus

RahXephon 4

Well, that commander fellow sure is a prick, so that's been established. Locking Kamina inside a cell that'll explode if forced through, fucking wonderful.

I'm not sure I like the show introducing yet another girl with mysterious amounts of plot info this early.

Love Live! 5

Oh hey, it's the Your Favorite Idol is Shit girl! And apparently, she has the power to control WEATHER! FUCKING SYMBOLOGY MAN! IN MY IDOL ANIMES

Of course we forcibly put her into the group through the art of sucking up. (there's still like zero dudes in this show)

Gazoinks

Kill La Kill 22

Best episode in a while. I have such an inconsistent relationship with this show. :p

Good times all around.
Everyone broing it up was nice, it was nice to see Nui become a good villain again, and MAKOTARO. MAKOTARO.

Midonin

Wake Up, Girls! 10

Hayasaka you two-timing rat. Everything looked to be going smoothly there. Group unity, conquering demons, having a performance of a catchy song, victory and being able to challenge the Empire. But now they can't do that without looking like they're copying. Can we get Twinkle to write another song?

CorvoSol

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure 15

JoJo gets beaten to a pulp and has poisons put into his body and his biggest concern is he's now engaged to two men.

Bizarre doesn't begin to cover this show.

Pooya

kill la kill 22

ok this was hype. If they manage to deliver a good finale, I can see this show to be remembered a lot better than what it actually was.

From the New World 9

shin-sekai-yori-9.jpg

Holy crap. Things got real, real fast. Probably the best episode so far in the show.

And that cliffhanger. I still don't like how they have told the story up until this point but this might be a turning point. I was interested the whole time. I understood motivations. There was a clear goal in mind. Revelations actually made sense. Solid animation the whole time.

All around great episode. If they can keep it at this level for the rest of the show then I can see why some really enjoyed.

wooooooo I got my Danganronpa book haul!

Still kind of bugs me that I couldn't get Volume 3 of the SDR2 4koma collections, but hey, who cares when I have all these beautiful Danganronpa books!

This reminds me I'm going to be part of an order for more Danganronpa books on Amazon.jp this weekend too.

The Danganronpa 1+2 Artbook, two Animation artbooks, the 3 volumes for the 4koma of the first game and the second volume of the comic anthology for the first game.

Mighty jelly.

duckroll

I think I'll catch up on Magi later today. I have about 4 episodes to catch up on. If I don't post here again, please inform the authorities and send help.

Midonin

Strike the Blood 22

The Alchemist arc comes to a close. Just the kind of ending I've come to expect by now, and
Kanon has a new friend. Nina reincarnated into a fairy-size version of herself. Asagi wouldn't like the fake boobs that were put on "her" body very much.
For the first time, I notice that the title of the last two episodes doesn't match up with any of the released novels. So we're getting some sort of anime original-ish epilogue to close things out. From the preview, it looks like it's about all the girls he's gathered coming to grips with each other.

CorvoSol

Princess Tutu 9

Corvo Princess runs on jealousy. Not quite utter rage or delicious orange juice, but eh, whatchagonna do? Meanwhile Neko sensei dumps Mz. Goatette, in what may have been his last chance for love in life.

Princess Tutu 9

Corvo Princess runs on jealousy. Not quite utter rage or delicious orange juice, but eh, whatchagonna do? Meanwhile Neko sensei dumps Mz. Goatette, in what may have been his last chance for love in life.

I knew there was something I forgot.

time to watch

CorvoSol

Melody of Oblivion 10

For fuck's sake everything is made up as they go along and the things people say in this show make no fucking sense at all.

"Why can't my machine fly yet?"
"It doesn't know how."
YOU JUST TOLD ME THAT THESE MACHINES CAN FLY BECAUSE OF A MAGNET IN SPACE. YOU BUILT THIS MACHINE. WHY THE FUCK CAN'T IT FLY?

And then the weird rape nonsense.

God this show is just so bad.

And I literally cannot think of a single anime that has worse character designs than this one. Every. Single. Character. Is absolutely awful in design.

"Eternal happiness isn't a thing, dumbass."
"HEARNOEVILSEENOEVILSPEAKNOEVIL"

"Is your friend I've never seen one with a stupid kind of outfit on?"
"How did you know that?"
"He's gifted and that is ALL THE EXPLANATION YOU GET."

cajunator

Banned
Melody of Oblivion 10

For fuck's sake everything is made up as they go along and the things people say in this show make no fucking sense at all.

"Why can't my machine fly yet?"
"It doesn't know how."
YOU JUST TOLD ME THAT THESE MACHINES CAN FLY BECAUSE OF A MAGNET IN SPACE. YOU BUILT THIS MACHINE. WHY THE FUCK CAN'T IT FLY?

And then the weird rape nonsense.

God this show is just so bad.

And I literally cannot think of a single anime that has worse character designs than this one. Every. Single. Character. Is absolutely awful in design.

Moo! mooo!

CorvoSol

I have never seen a show try harder and fail harder to be a cool teen show than Melody of Oblivion. This show is the definition of try-hard.

From the New World 10

Yay!!! And finally!!!

Powers are explained and so are Karmic Demons. I always knew
Saki and Shun loved each other
. It screamed it even if episode 8 happened.

Was an intense first few minutes and last few minutes. Although I am pretty sad that
they implied that Shun dies
. I am not wholly convinced but I mean it could be the case. If the show has taught me anything it is to take nothing at face value.
Shun could very well still be alive

I don't know where Saki and the group go from here but it should be interesting.

I think this episode would've been much more emotionally impactful if Saki and Shun were together before all this happened but whatever.

CorvoSol

Princess Tutu 10

And then in the middle of class Neko Sensei started licking his balls while giving a lecture on self control during puberty.

Princess Tutu 9

Hey I saw this before.

You'd think some people wanted senpai to notice them but hey... either they did or someone else did.

I think Fuckir's entrance actually screwed things over because he felt the need to have a cool entrance. Stop fucking things up.

cajunator

Banned
Princess Tutu 10

And then in the middle of class Neko Sensei started licking his balls while giving a lecture on self control during puberty.

Youre making me feel bad for not getting back to FMP yet Corvy.
although I did go back to work and its been busy as hell and Ive been exhausted. Guess Ill use that flimsy excuse.

Vito

Banned
I remember a time when posting scans was a nono. I guess that has changed but I dont mind it.

I asked a mod before starting, I think Dresden said scans clutter the thread after the whole scan dick waving posting started so I'll refrain spamming Megami & Nyantype unless something really catches my fancy (besides, most know where they come from now).

Images from Animedia, Pash! and other similar mags are still fairly rare and sporadic so I like to post some of them, if anything they at least show some series cater to other than a strictly male audience. I wish Newtype was more regular as well since they tend to have most of the "cool" series. Speaking of scans, I wonder if DTL saw these, unless I already spammed them.

P.S: Here, have some unofficial Makoto fanart from pixiv. Bit lewd, so I won't embed.

Chuu2 Ren 8

I really can't fathom how somebody could write an episode like this. It's one of the most lazy and pointless things I've ever watched. A flimsy excuse for an unearned emotional dump at the end. Nibutani's initial attitude of dismissal was far more interesting than her eventual acquiescence to stupidity, and almost seemed like growth. Instead they had to use the fantasy world crutch to avoid writing an actual resolution, and continue the show's validation of the delusional, rather than challenging them. Whenever it seems like they're going to put their characters in a tough situation, psychologically, they lose their nerve almost immediately. This show needs more humour or entertainment to justify how stupid it is and work with it, not some random word generator dialogue and an itano circus followed by a sappy rant.

I dislike being this negative and tried to come up with something I liked about this episode, but I've got nothing, so instead it reads like a broadcast of my masochism.

Chuunibyou'd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom