• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

fertygo

Yeah, much better to watch a heap of episodes together. Just don't let too many build up lol, I still have like two episodes left of the greed island arc plus everything else to catch up on.

Meh.. I follow it weekly for about 2 year now, I'm gonna sad when they end it this year.

@nintendoman
your fault with catching up with the mangos lol

Lol so Google Now just let me know that rightstuf has new content and it linked me to some hentai. Thanks Google Now....

I had no idea that site even sold them. Only thing I bought from there was Baccano.

Right Stuf is probably the largest anime distributor in the United States. Like any site that has adult content, you have to actually search for it to find it and agree you are willing to view such questionable content.

Still surprised that so many Anime-Gaffers do not know about Right Stuf.

Inari , konkon , Koi Iroha - 04
this was a sweet episode.

Inari is doing pretty good thanks to the support of everyone

Uka is doing badly , but her route isn't cold , yet , she can still recover
I CAN SEE THE ENDING !

A new possibility might exist , i kinda want the Sdburton route to happen. I don't think this is as bad as everyone seem to think , on the contrary , many diverse dynamics are possible

I like what i'm seeing.

JoeFu

Banned
Right Stuf is probably the largest anime distributor in the United States. Like any site that has adult content, you have to actually search for it to find it and agree you are willing to view such questionable content.

Still surprised that so many Anime-Gaffers do not know about Right Stuf.

Haha I don't watch that stuff. Never would look for it. Was just surprised Google Now linked me to it

And I do search for stuff at rightstuf right after finishing a show on CR that I'd like to own on BD. But whenever I see the outrageous prices I back away. Like Bakemonogatari is like 150...

pk5h9jw3.gif

Pokemon XY 14

Awww, Serena didn't catch Espurr :(

Now my hopes for her having a badass Absol are slipping away.

Least Espurr was quite adorable.

Jintor

Log Horizon 18

The politics! The valkyrie armour! Talking about treaties and non-agression pacts and internal dissent! Notions of individual freedom as conceptualised by an active playerbase vs a traditional society's norms! Mah gawd

Log Horizon 18

The politics! The valkyrie armour! Talking about treaties and non-agression pacts and internal dissent! Notions of individual freedom as conceptualised by an active playerbase vs a traditional society's norms! Mah gawd

Yeah the show has been one of my favorites, if not my favorite, anime of this and the last season.

It was at the least the most surprising anime of the season. Nobody expected it to be this good. Unless you are psychic. Like that guy in Anchorman 2

Link Man

Banned
Arakawa 7

i4r61kC0fBVfM.png

iT3IuoNm7FayN.png

(I get the feeling I'll get a ton of usage out of that second one.)

Good episode.

iGWyBhAyXuhyA.png

Dropping truth bombs (and pretty much everything else, teehee) in my comedy anime? What's this world coming to?

doit.gif

And I'm not gonna feel bad about that anymore lol

If I did... man, it sucks that I would be starting when Bravely Default gets in my hands I bet.

Oh well... I can't really be assed to actually watch any anime outside of ongoing stuff right now, so I guess I'm already charging. Bulk posting hoooo

Jintor

Yeah the show has been one of my favorites, if not my favorite, anime of this and the last season.

It was at the least the most surprising anime of the season. Nobody expected it to be this good. Unless you are psychic. Like that guy in Anchorman 2

the action is still kinda shitty though and some of the models are hilarious. Crunchy's elongated face looks like it comes from yaoi anime half the time. Good thing the art design is strong, the colours are beautiful and the writing is hella awesome!

Haha I don't watch that stuff. Never would look for it. Was just surprised Google Now linked me to it

And I do search for stuff at rightstuf right after finishing a show on CR that I'd like to own on BD. But whenever I see the outrageous prices I back away. Like Bakemonogatari is like 150...

Understandable. Never did understand the desire to watch hentai except to fulfill other desires.

In terms of Bakemonogatari's price, or any premium anime release in general, $150 is nothing compared to the Japanese prices for the singles or even the BD-box. For $150 in Japan a person would only have purchased the first two single sets of six for this series. You could also consider years ago in the R1 domestic releases where a person had to buy single sets instead of the complete season sets of today. I truly feel bad for those people who think $30 for a complete season set (sometimes even a two cour set!) is too expensive.

I do not mean to rant, but if someone wants a premium release you have to be willing to pay for the premium content. It's no wonder why regular releases today have little to no bonus content.

JoeFu

Banned
Understandable. Never did understand the desire to watch hentai except to fulfill other desires.

In terms of Bakemonogatari's price, or any premium anime release in general, $150 is nothing compared to the Japanese prices for the singles or even the BD-box. For $150 in Japan a person would only have purchased the first two single sets of six for this series. You could also consider years ago in the R1 domestic releases where a person had to buy single sets instead of the complete season sets of today. I truly feel bad for those people who think $30 for a complete season set (sometimes even a two cour set!) is too expensive.

I do not mean to rant, but if someone wants a premium release you have to be willing to pay for the premium content. It's no wonder why regular releases today have little to no bonus content.

Yeah I understand the pricing. Just can't afford any of them yet. One day I'll be able to support this industry I like

Yeah I understand the pricing. Just can't afford any of them yet. One day I'll be able to support this industry I like

I too wish I could afford more anime, but recently student loans are definitely holding my spending money back. Still able to get in a couple releases a month though.

Spice & Wolf: Complete Series Bluray + DVD

Good value? Looks like a good value to me.

Better value, but you will have to wait until it becomes available in April. Just a repriced re-release.

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/DEM2JSS-7XaaA5muSI/browse/item/101252/4/6741/216

santeesioux

Well I need food you know. And it wouldn't exactly be fair due to schedules and shit.

Oh well. Hoping to get 20 eps a day at the very least.

I was watching like 10 episodes a day sometimes over the summer when i was really binging on anime and i was getting really antsy then. Don't think i could do it, lol.

Gazoinks

Clannad: After Story 3

Sooo
Nagisa's mom is pretending to be Sunohara's girlfriend, and Sunohara's sister is pretending to be Tomoya's sister, but then they also pretended to be in a relationship...
@_@ Anyway, glad Shinpachi Sunohara is finally getting a real arc. Dude could've used more development in the last season, but better late than never. Bring on the feelings!

Articalys

How interesting... Ben-To now has a series page live on Funimation's site. License announcement incoming?

https://twitter.com/WTK/status/431280501811601408
http://www.funimation.com/shows/ben-to/anime
For a bit of history, it was one of a number of titles on a potential licenses survey that Funi did a couple years ago. Some of the titles on that were eventually licensed by them (Future Diary, Guilty Crown), some went to others (Anohana, Penguindrum), and some still sit in limbo.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

It's sad, because Rightstuf/Nozomi went from having many features to just going to stupid art books and whatnot. Even NISA is just cramming art books into their sets and calling those "premium".

Sentai, for whatever reason, is somehow able to do releases with commentaries, interviews, and the random CD soundtrack. Heck, even their K-On movie release was surprisingly packed with extras - the only thing missing from it was the Yamada commentary track (which is a big omission, but what can you do?).

The fact that Aniplex can't even be bothered to sub its commentaries, or in the case of Nise, rip them out entirely, is just really disappointing to me.

I was watching like 10 episodes a day sometimes over the summer when i was really binging on anime and i was getting really antsy then. Don't think i could do it, lol.

It would be quite the endurance. To be honest, cramming in everything in a short span was kind of inspired by me wanting to actually cram one Precure series a day for re-evaluating sakes... (well the first 3 series at least, I'm rather comfy on my position for everything else).

But right, this is quite an endurance run, considering I never even did something like this.

I think my lowest pacing speed that I was considering for Gintama was about as fast as I went through One Piece's dub at the very least.

But shipping costs.

U.S. or international? You could always find something for $18 more if it is U.S.? If you decide to only order that one item, the shipping would only be $3.49 (assuming you order economy shipping) which is still slightly cheaper.

I guess I am lucky being in Iowa where Right Stuf is located and am able to getting domestic USPS economy shipping in two days.

Ben-to is another example of an anime I want to recommend to people because of the ridiculous premise, Ze Wizard-o, and some of the best action choreography in anime. But the perverted stuff brings it down.

santeesioux

It would be quite the endurance. To be honest, cramming in everything in a short span was kind of inspired by me wanting to actually cram one Precure series a day for re-evaluating sakes... (well the first 3 series at least, I'm rather comfy on my position for everything else).

But right, this is quite an endurance run, considering I never even did something like this.

I think my lowest pacing speed that I was considering for Gintama was about as fast as I went through One Piece's dub at the very least.

Well, remember to eat and use the restroom, lol.

Ben-to is another example of an anime I want to recommend to people because of the ridiculous premise, Ze Wizard-o, and some of the best action choreography in anime. But the perverted stuff brings it down.

It has too much harem/yurishit in it for me to recommend. That and only the first 6 episodes are good. There's also that ending where it felt like they ran out of budget and couldn't afford to animate any more fights.

Link Man

Banned
U.S. or international? You could always find something for $18 more if it is U.S.? If you decide to only order that one item, the shipping would only be $3.49 (assuming you order economy shipping) which is still slightly cheaper.

I guess I am lucky being in Iowa where Right Stuf is located and am able to getting domestic USPS economy shipping in two days.

U.S. (Ohio, to be exact). However, I also have a $35 Amazon gift card, so that's why was looking there (and I have an Amazon credit card, so purchases there earn more points than elsewhere).

It's sad, because Rightstuf/Nozomi went from having many features to just going to stupid art books and whatnot. Even NISA is just cramming art books into their sets and calling those "premium".

Sentai, for whatever reason, is somehow able to do releases with commentaries, interviews, and the random CD soundtrack. Heck, even their K-On movie release was surprisingly packed with extras - the only thing missing from it was the Yamada commentary track (which is a big omission, but what can you do?).

The fact that Aniplex can't even be bothered to sub its commentaries, or in the case of Nise, rip them out entirely, is just really disappointing to me.

Well for the R1 region, having something other than just the series' DVDs/BDs is premium content today.

Definitely hope that more anime licensors in the U.S. start putting OSTs of sorts in regular releases. I am glad Sentai is able to do this.

Nisemonogatari has not had a BD-box in Japan, compared to Bakemonogatari's Aniplex USA release that pretty much mirrors the Japanese edition, which is probably the reason why the character commentaries were not in the set. Maybe Aniplex USA was simply unable to get the rights to them. I have no idea as to that reason or why other series' commentary tracks are not subbed.

U.S. (Ohio, to be exact). However, I also have a $35 Amazon gift card, so that's why was looking there (and I have an Amazon credit card, so purchases there earn more points than elsewhere).

Just a suggestion. I do not purchase anime from Amazon anymore for a number of personal reasons. Though they may be somewhat more affordable, I would rather get my in-stock orders in two days and pre-orders shipped when Right Stuf is given the items.

Gintama 15

Elizabeth vs. Sadaharu. Who wins?
No one. Everyone loses, except Sadaharu. Because ONOMNOMNOM.

Didn't really get into Elizabeth all that much, but a nice introduction regardless.

Since I finished Dog & Scissors, I'm moving on to the next thing in my queue... *spins the wheel* which is... Usagi Drop. I should brace myself for feels, shouldn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom