• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazoinks

Gintama 15

Elizabeth vs. Sadaharu. Who wins?
No one. Everyone loses, except Sadaharu. Because ONOMNOMNOM.

Didn't really get into Elizabeth all that much, but a nice introduction regardless.

Since I finished Dog & Scissors, I'm moving on to the next thing in my queue... *spins the wheel* which is... Usagi Drop. I should brace myself for feels, shouldn't I?

Happy feels, yes.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Kuroko's Basketball 2 38-42

soGBSs3.png
LXiZAqi.png

4th quarter, Seirin 3 points behind and now Kagami vs Aomine both in the zone.

Oh man, the games in season 2 are so much more fun to watch now. I'm loving the back and forth between Kagami and Aomine right now, even though Kuroko probably isn't.

I need the next episode right now! Agh....

God damnit...

I remember watching the first season for a bit. I want to watch more but I don't know if my heart can handle
the team getting decently far then beaten by somebody way better again

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I remember watching the first season for a bit. I want to watch more but I don't know if my heart can handle
the team getting decently far then beaten by somebody way better again

That's how most sports movies and TV shows are. A victory doesn't mean anything without several defeats and struggles. And the struggle is best part about this show even if the "powers" are little gimmicky it makes for good entertainment.

Nobunaga the Fool 04

That was an interesting psuedo-wedding, I'll admit. Ichihime doesn't seem to give a damn about Jeanne, so her taking up the mantle "Ranmaru" really didn't matter.

Westlo

I watch 250+ eps of Gintama in 3 week, get to my level..

:(

lol fuck that.

please tell me you skipped op/eds.

I was watching like 10 episodes a day sometimes over the summer when i was really binging on anime and i was getting really antsy then. Don't think i could do it, lol.

That's like 3 and a half hours if you skip op/eds, pretty much my limit as well. (Though it's only like 30 mins more than say Wolf of Wall street, add trailers and other ads...) Think the most I ever watched straight was like 20 eps of Brotherhood when I was bedridden for a day.

I'm near the end. What the fuck.

I thought I had some sort of grasp on the movie. lol nope

I'm not surprised you don't care for it, the film is everything you disliked about the TV show dialed up to 11. I really liked the TV series, and still didn't much care for the film.

Saki Episode of Side A 01

Well, not a bad first episode.

Shows us how this is related to the main series, introduces the cast through flashback and provides the driving force of this series.

I'm warming up to the main characters, even if we don't know much about them yet so that's a plus.

Phi Brain (S3) 68

The alternate realities were interesting to see.
But I'm glad Nonoha was there to ground them out, because Freecell and Kaito were totally gonna accept Orpheus's offer.

Happy that Gammon's back in the game though. Only one missing in Amgine is Rook and all the players will be in position.

Link Man

Banned
Kino's Journey 8

Feel good episode of the series so far, it's kind of nice to have a story with a minimum of melancholy for a change.

SKET Dance 24-25: Switch

I can't you guys.

ov6Q6np.gif

E61tODb.gif

SKET Dance what the ever living fuck. Nobody asked you to be like Gintama and have serious/heartbreaking arcs. WHY. WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO ME.

Jesus freaking christ. 10/10. Anime of the year. Switch. I don't know what to say.

OMG I feel like such a dummy. Was trying to watch anime on the crunchyroll PS3 app, and it kept telling me I had to be a premium member to use the app. Turns out I forgot to update my payment info when my bank sent me a new card after the Target hackjob. XD

SKET Dance 24-25: Switch

I can't you guys.

ov6Q6np.gif

E61tODb.gif

SKET Dance what the ever living fuck. Nobody asked you to be like Gintama and have serious/heartbreaking arcs. WHY. WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO ME.

Jesus freaking christ. 10/10. Anime of the year. Switch. I don't know what to say.

Yep, it's pretty great.

Unfortunately, you've reached the high point of the series. The other backstories aren't anywhere near as interesting imo.

Yep, it's pretty great.

Unfortunately, you've reached the high point of the series. The other backstories aren't anywhere near as interesting imo.

Even if so, I'm enjoying the series as a whole. It's not Gintama but a close second.

Speaking of Gintama, episode 26 was the crossover episode. Jesus Christ I laughed at them screwing up Bossun's name. And Gintoki/Switch realizing they have the same voice.

"Their Shinpachi sounds like Gin-chan!" hahahaha brilliant.

Branduil

Mouryou no Hako 1

ibtiWiYCRpX0OZ.jpg

Teenagers were kind of insane before they had TV to dull their minds.

I can't help but feel there's a bunch of cultural information in this that's going over my head. In any case,
teenage girls with an insane we-are-each-other's-reincarnation theory could only ever end badly. I guess I'll find out what this story has to do with the head in the box eventually.

Gintama 16
I like to think that this is a weekly occurrence with Hasegawa getting a new job/fired and coming back to the park with Kagura berating him in monotone.

Also? I haven't really commented on them, but Gintama has the BEST episode titles.

"When You Stop to Think About it, You Spend More Time As An Old Man Than As a Kid. Whoa, Scary!"

Mothman91

That's how most sports movies and TV shows are. A victory doesn't mean anything without several defeats and struggles. And the struggle is best part about this show even if the "powers" are little gimmicky it makes for good entertainment.

Yeah, that's what makes me cringe a ton even though I really like this show. I watch a ton of basketball and when I'm watching this show and they use their "powers" I fucking cringe so hard.

That's what made it so much... uh.. better?

Yeah it did. I wasn't criticizing it, just surprised they went for the same formula.

Gintama 16
I like to think that this is a weekly occurrence with Hasegawa getting a new job/fired and coming back to the park with Kagura berating him in monotone.

Also? I haven't really commented on them, but Gintama has the BEST episode titles.

"When You Stop to Think About it, You Spend More Time As An Old Man Than As a Kid. Whoa, Scary!"

My favorite one is the one of Prison Break. Something like "In the second season of Prison Break they're no longer in prison, but it all works out when you realize that society is like a prison in itself!"

As to Madao. Just wait and see. He becomes easily one of the best characters.

Branduil

Yeah, that's what makes me cringe a ton even though I really like this show. I watch a ton of basketball and when I'm watching this show and they use their "powers" I fucking cringe so hard.

And that's what makes Girls und Panzer such a good sports show. Even though it's set in an insane world where girls playfighting with tanks is a sport, they always win due to superior tactics and effort, not magical shounen powers.

Jarmel

Banned
Adolescence of Utena-
I think "whatever" sums up my opinion on this. If unfiltered Imaishi is guilty of unrestrained sexual innuendo then unfiltered Ikuhara is guilty of unrestrained symbolism. I much prefer the TV series to the movie. I don't think this works that well as a retelling. Most of the characterization from the TV series is gone and it's discordant as an alternate universe movie due to how dependent it is on the original source material. I was somewhat willing to go with the flow up until the cars segment. I much prefer how the TV series handled a lot of the themes.
The visuals are definitely better, both on a character art and animation level, and I did enjoy some of the music pieces as well. I will say though that I think the new designs in the movie are the for most part awful. I dislike New Utena, New Akio, and New Anthy's designs. New Akio is a wimp.

fertygo

I'm not reading too much into Utena movie and End of Evangelion.. hell I'm not even interested with the symbolization.

For me both movie designed to suck you into the atmosphere and immersed to it with its tight pacing and few focus that happening in screen.. Its

And for me Utena movie doing even better job than EoE, the climax is one of big explosion that probably the best immersion that I ever had with any media.. I just sucked into it, and its awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom