• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

Oh yeah, I know it's a decent deal as is... but if I won't need it in the immediate future, why not just keep on waiting for the inevitable better deal?

I think I'm just bitter over shelling out over $70 for all of Spice and Wolf, even though the first season was BD only, and now people can pick up the whole thing on BD/DVD for $30. Even if I did get a Holo coin out of it.

There's always going to be a better deal. Just settle on the price you're comfortable with rather than worrying about saving $30-40 2-3 years later.

Link Man

Banned
The Devil is a Part-Timer 3

Oh, it's turning into a rom-com. Hooray.

No, actually, it was a fun episode, and the way Chiho and Emilia played off each other was pretty humorous. Also, plot progression!

I can't believe this, but Funimation's habit to release everything popular in much cheaper complete collections later down the road actually has me second-guessing whether or not I should preorder the Eureka Seven separate BD sets now before the current Funi sale on Right Stuf ends -- or if I should even ever get them at all and just wait for the rerelease later. There aren't really even any bonuses besides the artbox.

What I do not understand is how series like Cat Planet Cuties, Heaven's Lost Property, and Is this a Zombie? are all going to the Anime Classics or S.A.V.E. line instead of more typical re-release with new box art. Older series like Baka and Test, Dance in the Vampire Bund, and RideBack don't even have a second re-release! And then there is Shiki which appears to just be going OOP...

From my understanding, series that go to Anime Classics or S.A.V.E. are getting down in their respective license time.

Clannad: The After Storying 4

Nice little Sunohara arc, although I kind of wish it was longer. Also, the conclusion felt slightly unsatisfying? It felt like it just kind of ended,
By punching your problems out like MEN.
Anyway, still pretty good. Sunohara needed development.

Eh, I was okay with it. After all that's kind of how they met each other.
All beaten up and whatnot.
I thought it was quite symbolic actually.

See what I ment by After Story moving through the "side stories" quickly to get into the meat and potatoes? Keep going. It just gets better and better from here but I am curious how you are going to react to the next arc.

Gazoinks

Eh, I was okay with it. After all that's kind of how they met each other.
All beaten up and whatnot.
I thought it was quite symbolic actually.

See what I ment by After Story moving through the "side stories" quickly to get into the meat and potatoes? Keep going. It just gets better and better from here but I am curious how you are going to react to the next arc.

That's true. I think it was more that it felt very quick to resolve when I think they could've mined some more material out of it. That being said! As you said I appreciate the speed compared to the tedious wasteland that was the middle of Clannad. :p

Still looking. Amuse yourselves with these gems of yesteryear:

http://i.imgur.com/ZZAo9ai.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Q1sZoQn.jpg

My god. Dat... dat alpaca/llama. That's just beautiful. It came here like a wrecking ball.

Samurai Flamenco 10

God damn I haven't seen a torture scene so royally intense since Higurashi. And Moe is so moe~~~

What the fuck... Dude just chopped his hand off to equip a chainsaw. Thats fucking hardcore... but uh he could just use a regular chainsaw and keep his hand. Thats probably a better idea... and yeah he paid the price for his dumb move.

Episode was really great. Total blast to watch, made up for some weak buildup. Goto is the John McClane of anime super heroes. A true hero. The best fucking hero.

Gin-chan always delivers.

Articalys

There's always going to be a better deal. Just settle on the price you're comfortable with rather than worrying about saving $30-40 2-3 years later.
Yeah, I guess. For R1 purchasing this really feels like strictly a Funimation problem, though.

That's true. I think it was more that it felt very quick to resolve when I think they could've mined some more material out of it. That being said! As you said I appreciate the speed compared to the tedious wasteland that was the middle of Clannad. :p

I am actually rewatching the show now too. I am on episode 11. I just don't want to post my thoughts on each episode because your moving through it at a good pace and I don't want anything to slip and spoil your experience of one of my favorite animes. I don't know why but every time you post about After Story I get real excited what you think about the episode. Maybe it's because I like to see people getting into anime that I love. It's weird.

I am moving through Death Note for the billionth time too but I am moving through that so quickly I would be posting every half an hour on the show. Just today I watched the first 16 episodes of the show. I love it so much. Now I remember why it's my second favorite anime of all time. Tension of the show is just great. Edge of my seat all the time.

Kill la Kill 17

It finally happened! Just not how I expected!
Satsuki's mother is possessed by her godrobe, and that is why being impaled like that didn't kill her.
Not sure where it will go from here, and I can't wait!

Yeah, I guess. For R1 purchasing this really feels like strictly a Funimation problem, though.

FUNimation seems to be the R1 anime company that actually does re-releases, other than Sentai going back to add a dub and maybe getting Blu-ray rights. Maybe Aniplex too if you consider getting both imports and domestic releases.

Gazoinks

Gintama 38
FmGC8eY.gif

And then sudden feels. And a new ED!

survivor

Banned
Hozuki no Reitetsu 5

Couple of the jokes in this were pretty damn hilarious, especially the horse one. Most of the games seemed to lack the usual creativity associated with the show and the cooking segment wasn't overly interesting. Not the strongest episode.

Hozuki no Reitetsu 05

VAiYRQAl.jpg

The first half was pretty amusing. The parallels were fun to see.

I rather enjoyed the second half. It had a good amount of dark comedy which I liked. And just the little bit of Karashi made it all the better.

Midonin

Chu2Koi Ren 05

Aside from being the weirdest version of the Saki formula I've seen, I took one thing away from this episode. The only thing that separates our main characters' club is their lack of theme and goal. The presentation every other club was making (and the fact that there actually is a napping society) suggests that the "everyone is a hero of their own story" thing really holds true. They're all weirdoes. We're just following this group.

It also reminded me of this post.

It makes me smile thinking that, to Kumin, all of the other members of the club are potential comrades in the art of napping and it’s up to Kumin as the wise counselor to teach them the joys of napping.

This is that concept expanded to full episode form. I continue to enjoy the delusional world sequences - my Maaya Uchida love cannot be abated - and really want more Satone, or maybe the theater club, for me to be satisfied, because I'm liking this season so far.

Fitting. I begin my day with a sheep when Aikatsu intros the Aries Constellation Dress, and end it with a sheep via Kumin's wonderful world of napping. (I did Google it. Unlike the stuff mentioned in Yuyushiki, this is purely fictional. Call it curiosity.) Between Sanae and Kumin, Kumin's always felt weirdly out of place but content with this group, so seeing her explored a little more in depth was fun.

くみん先輩マジ天使!

cajunator

Banned
AnimeGAF, are you familiar with nakinyko? He's got some great mashups.

Oh yes. Hell yes.

The best thing to come from Ghost Banri is the new joke where people photoshop him into random tragic anime scenes.

I havent seen this but perhaps it can be something of worth concerning him.

Always liked this one even before playing/watching where it's from.

Best one forever.

Robot Girls Z - 02 *13 minutes in*

Awwwww ye-

Plot twist.

ron-swanson-computer-throw-out-parks-and-rec.gif

Laughed so hard at this.

;_; Not like this. not like this...

Robot Girls Z - 02 *the rest*

THAT BAIT AND SWITCH WAS WORTH IT. WORTH IT.

XD

Kino's Journey 9

A true mindfuck of an episode. Really interesting stuff, and some nice commentary.
The hall of critics is NeoGAF.

Another great episode. Like Fahrenheit 451 or 1984. Good stuff.

Already got these.

I figured, which is why I kinda danced around the the subject. I was honestly surprised, though that doesn't affect how I view her. Crazy horrible situation she had to flee from, though.

Yeah and theres much more crazy stuff to come.

Well, I lived 50 miles north of Alexandria, so make that a two hour drive. :lol

Yeah thats what I like to call the far north :p

Engaged to the unidentified - 05

It's .....

REVELATION TIME !!!!!

1391708365664.gif

benio was awesome , at the top of her game , all the running gag ( natto ) were ok , the romance was nice ..the reveal pretty alright and DAT mom...

The mom was actually prettty great as a character , her being lost is quite alright when you consider how complex japanese neighbourhoods are, but her vain attempts being disrupted by every sweat shop on her path made her nice, then came the REVELATIONS and she actually kicked things into gear ...we'll have some pretty nice things next week.

I have to stop myself from giffing this episode ... it was indeed quite gif worthy.

These two gifs next to each other nearly killed me.

Branduil

Eh the posts where people are deliberately inflicting pain on themselves aren't as fun as the ones where genuine hopes and dreams are crushed. Not that that's ever happened to me or anything.

Cajun you're supposed to reply to the quoted posts.

Also I checked like all (one or two) of the previous anime threads before 2013 and couldn't find a single hit for "Miyukichi". You're welcome.

Narag

Eh the posts where people are deliberately inflicting pain on themselves aren't as fun as the ones where genuine hopes and dreams are crushed. Not that that's ever happened to me or anything.

Ran into multiple occurrences of people predicting Omigawa's next role if that helps any.

I think my only recent example of what the fuck moments come from Samumenco.

Though I'd love to see the reaction of "[blank] will save anime" and then the final episode for people.

Saki Episode of Side A 02

There's a lot more character development than mahjong playing here. I was also kinda surprised how easy it was to form the club and not have to do any scenes in the DRAMA FILLED RAIN.

I do like all the characters so far so definitely will like to see them play mahjong soon.

zeroshiki

Its never nearly as fun when you don't put your neck on the line. This is how duckroll plans to gloat over all of us when BONES finally releases a non-shit mecha anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom