• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm not loving it, but I am watching it.
Yeah, I suppose that's more accurate to how I'm watching it anyway.

Without the awful Key drama, it's just a boringly bad comedy that there isn't much reason to watch.
I prefer sleep club to whatever it was Free and KnK turned out to be though!

lol, go figure!

i haven't given up on this but i found last week episode somewhat disapointing , even if it was entertaining in some points.

I think i'll enjoy chuu2222222222 more if i watch it in pack of episodes.
I don't know if it'll do much different though.

Ojamajo Doremi ♯ - Episodes 21-35

Major plot related things happened in the last 15 episodes. The reasoning behind Oyajide
stealing Hana being a lost poker game from 1000 years ago was great especially since that's how Majo Rika lost the Maho-dou in the first series.

Not too fond of the FLAT4 at the moment. I guess it's because I like Oyajide a lot more and they haven't got as much screentime yet.

Episode 27 was the highlight of the lot for me. Mostly because of the bait and switch it ended up pulling. Making me think that
Doremi's Dad was having an affair and then it being a misunderstanding and instead making it be him guiding a woman to her late fiance's fishing spot was relieving to say the least. I was expecting the worst especially after some of the episodes that Doremi likes to pull out.

Another reminder that Doremi Sharp's movie should be watched before ep 40

I don't know if it'll do much different though.

My brain will have time to forget ?

-------------
Golden time - 17

So it's official ,
mitsuo is actively trying to win LINDA , but since she is linda and has plenty of issues , the battle is lost ( or so it seems ) . mitsuo did understand that banri is a key point in this whole mess , but i'm extra worried that he'll do something REALLY stupid.
Good job koko ! That answer was nicely done , but it's not going to be enough in the long run.

The dance club adventures are as entertaining as before , no problem here ... this episode felt very good on a number of points , the couple relationship is advancing , at a nice pace and we're on a path where plenty of issues are going to be resolved. This is nice...
I still think that the Opening song music is unfit for the anime ( or is too loud ) but the opening animation grew on me.. At least the ED is good.

This episode was once again perfect because there was no ghost banri in sight.

yZOHIFq.jpg

ystFUOU.jpg

oTFbAY1.jpg

Kill la Kill 17

That theory about Tsumugu being related to Ryuko seems kinda likely now.

Aikuro constant glowing belt was the star of the episode.

Deliberate callback when Gama met Mako's family. Pretty sure if I wander around, I'll see more shippers about for the two of them.

On board with Satsuki being the true protagonist of the series. Ending was ace solely because of her.

Branduil

Non Non Biyori 2

ibgZcDhyc7eofq.jpg

This could be useful in the future.

An episode where sempai never notices.

It's true, that episode wasn't as good as the first. But I wouldn't say it was unenjoyable. Although it stretches plausibility for
Komari to never notice it's Hotaru.

Midonin

Sky Girls 09-11

I'm thinking the OVA probably doesn't take place in the TV series continuity. The girls aren't even on the ship yet, and Elise was nowhere to be seen there. 9 and 11 were closer in tone to what I'd seen beforehand, so the series is slowly becoming what it was pitched as. 9 was a Karen episode, so I liked it. She's cute when she gets flustered.

Then there's the even younger German girl with a haughty attitude in Elise. She's not exactly friends with them yet, but she's going to be there in a few episodes I'm sure. Introducing other countries besides Japan does give the series a bit of that Strike Witches feel.

10 was a little different. Otoha's intuition is befitting of a protagonist, and
suddenly ghost brother at the end. Not sure what's up with that. Maybe that's why Otoha felt like Zero was speaking to her, because her brother was in it somehow? No, we probably won't go in an Eva direction, not with this show.
So far, it's a fine show. Has some unique concepts going for it, it's animated well enough, and it's been developing its plot at a fine clip. The closer we get to the world of the OVA, the more I wonder what direction it's ultimately going in.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Non Non Biyori 2

An episode where sempai never notices.

It's true, that episode wasn't as good as the first. But I wouldn't say it was unenjoyable.

Just wait until the voodoo hexes start...

Mature

Is Mysterious Girlfriend X good? I vaguely remember hearing about it one time.
Yeah, i'd say it's good. I really enjoyed it. It's a hard recommendation though— it's pretty bizarre and can get kind of gross sometimes... It's also routinely lewd. It's on Crunchyroll, so I'd say give it a try.

Ha, that actually sounds adorable. At first I was disappointed it wasn't yaoi, but this sounds pretty cute, I'd watch it, definitely.
The second coming of DTL?

Trailer for the first live action episode of Patlabor http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7zAWaL7EuQ
Looks like it could be fun.

Casshern Sins Dub 1

Well I didn't think much of the OP song, combined with the boring slide show visuals I can't say I cared much for it.

The actual episode... what... this isn't at all what I was expecting. Yeah I expected a "dark take on Casshern" but this is really damn grim dark. I really have no idea what's going on, where this story is going, or who I should be rooting for. The show is really damn pretty and it's fun to watch even if it is mostly dark and gray it fits the world.

The ED I enjoyed more, better visuals and a better song.

Casshern Sins Dub 1

Well I didn't think much of the OP song, combined with the boring slide show visuals I can't say I cared much for it.

The actual episode... what... this isn't at all what I was expecting. Yeah I expected a "dark take on Casshern" but this is really damn grim dark. I really have no idea what's going on, where this story is going, or who I should be rooting for. The show is really damn pretty and it's fun to watch even if it is mostly dark and gray it fits the world.

As a recent viewer of Casshews Sins, let me just say the show isn't always grim dark, but it does get depressing at many points.

Coincidentally typing Casshews Sins on google leads straight to me. Apparently it wasn't popular.

Casshern Sins Dub 1

Well I hope you aren't in a shitty mood whenever you continue to watch Casshern Sins. Probably not a good combo.

Casshern Sins Dub 2

"Robots gained a level of humanity when they gained death"

"we will survive if we eat you"
'i wanna live, I don't wanna die'
"KILL CASSHERN"
'DEVOUR CASSHERN"

Q9qmb0V.gif

1343207004904.gif

Magical warfare - 05

That is the MOST STUPID chain of events for more forced drama.

"Takeshi no Baka !"

The fighting was average too.

So much wasted potential , burried in an endless amount of forced drama.

So Casshern Sins is really damn good, but I don't think it's healthy to watch more then 2 episodes in a row or else I might begin to feel the ruin in my soul

Link Man

Banned
Arakawa Under the Bridge 8

ijQJCOkN3i7as.png

Won't lie, laughed a good minute at that.

Well, this was a fun episode. Just goes to show that "normal" people have their quirks as well.

Also, yeah.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Space Dandy 5

I wasn't sold on this series up until now. It just seemed like nonsensical wacky space action to me. But if we get more episodes like these, this anime could become something special.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Just to be clear, Eureka 7 AO.

We all know. We just refuse to acknowledge that it exists. Plus Corvo is not here to preach how shitty it is so I'm here to make up for that. Imagine how corvo would've felt if he watched with us when the shit was airing.

Chuunibyou Ren ep.5

That was the dumbest thing. At least the "battle" was mildly entertaining.

Ren has been a massive series of "dumbest" things. I'm not enjoying it. This latest is by far the worst offendor.

Narag

We all know. We just refuse to acknowledge that it exists. Plus Corvo is not here to preach how shitty it is so I'm here to make up for that. Imagine how corvo would've felt if he watched with us when the shit was airing.

I'd imagine he'd be just as banned as the show slowly wore on his soul and caused a meltdown.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
You know, I think Zel pretty much gave up on AnimeGAF so already the number is diminished, and maybe it's Stockholm or whatever, but I guess I'm one of the few people who enjoy 2Chuu2Furious. Go figure.

so far i'm finding it better than the first season!

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I'd imagine he'd be just as banned as the show slowly wore on his soul and caused a meltdown.

I mean... the ride was fun but fuck.... the show was bad. I remember at one point I was up until fucking 3 am talking with duckroll and Thoraxes about one episode because of all the ways AO can progress throughout the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom