• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
xJpRH0w.gif

Well if you want to eat anime, there's Ben-to!

N95QQsJ.jpg

Articalys

A pair of new 15-second CMs for Tamako Market movie Tamako Love Story, one each narrated by Tamako and Mochizou, along with a 30-second one for Mochizou:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAkCzWDwETI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq7LNKIZUEM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LYacFu-GNI

edit: oh, and if you go buy tickets over Valentine's Day weekend you can get this Horiguchi-illustrated clear file:

edit2: ANN translation of the longer Mochizou CM:
First caption: The mochi is ready.

Mochizou: "I've made up my mind. There's something I have to convey to her."

Second caption: The couple's love is close, but distant.

Third caption: It means becoming an adult.

edit3: oh, and for everyone who actually liked the bird, the movie will be preceded by a short (kind of like the Chuuni Lite episodes, I guess) about his life back on his island with Choi and the prince.

cajunator

Banned
So Houkago no Pleides is getting a TV anime. Hopefully it will as :SDBurton as the OVA is.

oh sweet. The magical subie commercial returns!

Fuck yes! I was hoping to see more of that gunner girl! I AM SO HYPED!!

I.... I can work with this.

Twintails + Drills Ooooooh my goodness!

I know! This season and year is looking very good for you.

Kino's Journey 10

Well, this episode managed to be creepy and heartwrenching at the same time. That ending, wow.

I wonder if the town was named Hinamizawa...

Yeah this is the
robot episode
creepy with and interesting ending.

OceanBlue

Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha 4

Inari is so cute. This episode in general was a very pleasant, warm episode. I love the music, the art is always on point, and the character reactions are great.

Light Novel reboot with imoutos. Light and Sayu vs. L and genderflipped Near retconned as L's relative. In this version, Sayu is in love with Light, and after discovering his secret, she tears out a scrap of the Death Note and tells Light that she'll write his name in it if he doesn't become her boyfriend. Thus, an uncomfortable partnership is born that slowly becomes true love.

I'm ashamed that I'd watch and enjoy this.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
A pair of new 15-second CMs for Tamako Market movie Tamako Love Story, one each narrated by Tamako and Mochizou, along with a 30-second one for Mochizou:
one hour and twenty minutes into the movie: mochizou comes to accept that it's okay that he can't ask out tamako because he will always know her love as a neighbor. roll credits. kyoani romance.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Mushi-shi 11

Ginko attracts the mushi to himself? Interesting way to keep him wandering. I'm guessing his cigarettes are like the incense the kid was using to repel the mushi.
This was probably the darkest and most bittersweet episode yet.

Pupipo! 7

How can Yuuki be afraid of Po?! HE'S TOO CUTE

Space Battleship Yamato 17

No...please god no...
phew. If Sanada really had died, my wall was gonna have a hole it the approximate shape and size of my fist.

duckroll

Still no Magi 19 visible anywhere on Crunchyroll's line-up. Looking really bad. But the good news is that next week Magi will be on break. Hopefully that helps the production get a bit more on track.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Silver Spoon episode 1 and 2
A lil nice series, the author's pedigree attracted me to this series, so far its nice but its like every other story about a city boy coming to the country, so the fact that its now a long-running manga makes me interested to see what the author does with the story moving forward.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sasameki Koto Episode 1:

Yes indeed this is the season of yuri and I am in the mood to visit one of the sub-genres past works. I'll be honest I rather enjoyed this first outing, it may just be I am in the frame of mind for something more dramatic and melancholic but I rather liked the more down to earth girls love workings here then the hyper-kinetics of Sakura Trick. The animation is alright, it is nothing special bur it get the job done. I did find the minimalist piano soundtrack to be very fitting of the mood. Yes, the tangled webs of love are already spreading and i am looking forward to see how they branch outwards.

Vito

Banned
where can I buy this magazine? I want these pinups.!

If you're in the States, Amazon Japan will probably be the cheapest/fastest option with the new shipping rates (prices), since they don't charge you by weight. Plus they tend to have stock the longest.

Oh, unless you got a local Kino I guess. But they're popular mags so most Japanese shops have them.

Vito

Banned
Silver Spoon episode 1 and 2
A lil nice series, the author's pedigree attracted me to this series, so far its nice but its like every other story about a city boy coming to the country, so the fact that its now a long-running manga makes me interested to see what the author does with the story moving forward.

Honestly it's not a new idea, but what is nowadays? This is a work that the author said really is close to home as she grew up in the country side. And the level of effort she has put into explaining agriculture/farming/country life, procedures when it comes to meats and cattle, etc.. really shows the quality of the author and shines in the work. So yeah plenty of tropes in the setting but it quickly took to the top with its incredible cast and informative nature all while managing to be entertaining with a dash of that FMA humor.

And this is coming from someone who hasn't seen the anime and only read the manga. I'm waiting for the current season to end before i watch both of them

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Honestly it's not a new idea, but what is nowadays? This is a work that the author said really is close to home as she grew up in the country side. And the level of effort she has put into explaining agriculture/farming/country life, procedures when it comes to meats and cattle, etc.. really shows the quality of the author and shines in the work. So yeah plenty of tropes in the setting but it quickly took to the top with its incredible cast and informative nature all while managing to be entertaining with a dash of that FMA humor.

And this is coming from someone who hasn't seen the anime and only read the manga. I'm waiting for the current season to end before i watch both of them

Just finished episode 4 and yeah I can see alot of the passion that has gone into the series, nothing is ever really boring, and I even learn some stuff, plus the character designs are all very great and I love the personalities, I especially love the esquarion teacher looking like buddha and always having a glow around him is hilarious and I love it.

Shengar

Mushi-shi 11

Ginko attracts the mushi to himself? Interesting way to keep him wandering. I'm guessing his cigarettes are like the incense the kid was using to repel the mushi.
This was probably the darkest and most bittersweet episode yet.
You just halfway through, there will be many episode better in that regard.
Actually I've to wiki to remember what episode 11 is. There are many episodes that have give me strong impression before, namely the man who killed himself after he can't dream anymore, and the man who chase the mushi rainbow.

That FMA surprisingly work really well. I don't how many times I laughed out of loud because of the over-the-top FMA style humor. Even then, the manga still able to show its serious side without any impact of it lessened. I think I should watched now.

And also FMA: Brotherhood

Silver Spoon S2 - 5

Funny, as I was watching it I was joking that the series will end with Hachiken dead for real.
Is this the part where he learns to be less of a yes man?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Happiness Charge Precure 01
There is a complete lack of understanding regarding composition here that is really bothersome. Shots were so frequently zoomed in that the entire show instilled feelings of claustrophobia. Is there some secret to appealing to the baby Precure audience by making every shot a really large face? Is Toei incapable of drawing the top of a person's head? All these mysteries await to be unlocked by this serialized television show.

TheRancor

It's a damn shame Toshihiko Sahashi doesn't get anymore work these days, his SEED, Destiny and Simoun scores were top notch stuff.
He is winding down now. The only recent anime score he did was for Saint Seiya Omega which had like no budget and not good. Currently he does get some work outside of anime in live action which isn't unusual with stuff like a recent Sentai or dramas but those mostly range from being cheap, awful, highly variable or has a bunch of recycling, definitely not up to par with other live action scores he has done in the past.

I've read that he jokes on his blog about being too old, so coupled with his current output he's probably bored and burnt out at the moment. Don't think being given low budget affairs helped either.

In case anyone doesn't know what else he has done, He also did The Big O, Full Metal Panic, Gunslinger Girl etc.

Now I'll shamelessly promote his Gundam Symphony albums in which he went to the London Symphony Orchestra to record on different occasions for Seed, Destiny and the 30th Anniversary.

Strike the Blood 17

I already read that old man chasing a young girl though traps in a hallway in Railgun. ~_~
You'll have to escuse me but i've read railgun and i've seen this way too many times in the book.

So i, at least enjoyed the "strike the blood" version .

Precure All-Stars DX The Movie: Minna Tomodachi - Kiseki no Zen'in Daishuugou!

Yessssss, it's finally time! I've kind of been looking forward to the onset of the All-Stars movies ever since I first started my Precure journey, and I wasn't disappointed by this first one. 70 minutes straight of nothing but the best kind of fanservice! So good to see all these characters return and interact with each other for the first time.

I apologise in advance for the rather large bandwidth load of this post. I tried to restrain myself, I really did >.>

--------------------
So yeah, this was a damn good movie. I'm looking forward to seeing how the subsequent All-Star movies fare when I get to them, and how they cope with the rapidly growing number of Cures who need screentime. This really felt like the sweet spot in terms of number of teams vying for attention, so I have a sneaking suspicion it's all downhill from here, but hey, I'm sure it'll be fun whatever happens. If nothing else, I'll always be able to bask in the wonders of all the classic transformation sequences over and over again.

Verdict: LET'S PRECURE/10 (I was kind of hoping the Cures would all say that line in unison - it seemed like the perfect opportunity when they all transformed in sequence with the Fresh girls last in line - but alas, it was not to be.)
Yeah this movies was quite awesome too bad i felt like the fresh girl has too much presence in this movie but at the time they were in the spot light..... Just calm down your expectation for the second movie and it'll be alright ...it's not as balanced or well animated than this one.
DX2 is pretty eh. It's definitely the Fresh/Heartcatch show, although Yes! 5's get a good showing as well.
One of the reasons why it's eh is... well... like one of the Splash Star movie's flaws. OOC antics for the Heartcatchers (mainly Erika).
DX3 is a step up in that regard, and it's practically a fight fest for the most part.

New Stage onwards..... well....
i haven't watched the new stage movies yet ...i'm scared.

The mythos of the garden must bepreached across all the world possible.

Translate from 4chan
Seems it's "Representative anime of last 50 years" according to AnimeJapan 2014
http://www.anime-japan.jp/sponsor/openTheater.html (Check view source)
<60s>
「Astro Boy」
「Star of the Giants」
「GeGeGe no Kitaro」
「Cyborg 009」

<70s>
「Gundam」
「Lupin III Part 1」
「Galaxy Express 999」
「Future Boy Conan」

<80s>
「Urusei Yatsura」