• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant wait for Prison School.

Wait....Prison School is getting an anime?!

It was about goddamn...TIME!

Director_Kurihara.png

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
That was a fun day.

Indeed it was.

====================================

Yuri Kuma Arashi (aka LESBIAN BEAR STORM) - 03

Alright so a couple things to take note:

Headmaster/Teacher was in a relationship with Kureha's mom, her passing causing her to hate bears like Kureha

It appears that Ginko and Lulu's trials have in truth been about pleading their cases to protect Kureha. Ginko's desire to speed up the trial is proof of that as she was worried about not making it there in time. The question now is why are they so determined to protect her while having no qualms eating other students? Is it because they recognize her love as real, while considering her fellow classmates as being fake? That would be some whole new level shit if that's the case.

Slowly but surely the trials are starting to make a little sense, here's hoping next week they can shed more light on Ginko and Lulu's purpose, and Kureha's involvement with it.

Absolute duo - 03

Well ... euh that wasn't a bad episode , but it sure quickly went back to the usual antics of misunderstandings for an anime like this...

The action wasn't that badly animated... but it had some ( many ) bad spots ) . I think the direction and the choregarphy of the fights was just badly done.
Well no it wasn't badly done..it just needed more work .. it felt underwhelming overall.

Absolute duo has some nice idea of a brainless action anime but fails to captitalize on it ..and it goes way too fast on usual gimmicks.

For this episode 3 , it did do something good with the teacher ...BUT i'm not buying it
It was enforced by the school or something like
, i'll bet.

So , after 3 eps , Absolute duo is perfectly average.

Baalzebup

I've seen clips & gifs of the scene so many times but to this day I still don't understand why that guy was sniping on top of her. Like why was she in the position? How does that make any sense in context of the show (i.e. for a reason other than fanservice)

This is a bit LTTP, but the original version of the scene made sense (kinda-sorta). Rei (the girl with the rifle) had just injured herself and was essentially immobile and the rifle was strapped to her. Takashi had ran out of ammo for his shotgun and, as they were under attack, he went to the next available firearm. Panicky situation and all, so some lapse in judgement should be forgiven.

The whole booby-matrix, while hilarious, is actually pretty much the opposite of what the manga version had going on in regards to gun safety and whatnot. The gun toting members are given some basic gun safety lessons when they get the guns and actually adhere to those rules, so no shooting at Saeko and trusting that her magic boobs will wobble out of the way by the grace of lewd.

John Blade

Just going to post it here.....got myself two additional anime DVD in my collection.

Princess Nine and Gunbuster (minus the case and booklet). Never watch both anime and only know Gunbuster because I own Gunbuster 2 (or the final title Diebuster) but never watch any as of now. Going to be interesting to watch them once I get though my backlog right now.

Yona of the Dawn 15

zqhi4jM.png

Man the new OP and ED suck donkey balls. The OP especially...does not fit at all. I burst out laughing when it started.

Its nice to see the general publics opinion of Yona's dad. Its ironic that the ideals you hold to protect people from harm end up putting people in harm regardless.

Looking forward to the War Games but knowing there wont be any dog or cat or squirrel girls taking part, its an automatic let down.

PK Gaming

Yuri Kuma 4, 5, 6, 7

The episode begins with a much needed recap of the situation at hand

Kureha reminisces about her mother. It's a rather heart-wrenching scene

Kureha vows to ruin those bears. Her conviction is awe-inspiring

We're treated to a Sumika flashback. It fills me with sadness and regret.

They're growling quite fiercely!

A stunning revelation

She will never forgive, never forget

The bad bear duo are apparently up to no good. What are they scheming...?

It's revealed that Kureha has never backed down on her love

Her love is most certainly the real deal

Kureha is overwhelmed by the attacking bear!

The bad bear duo are absolutely overcome with their desire to eat Kureha

Prosecutor Bearsworth has little luck as usual

The trial concludes and Ginko and the other one do... something to Kureha

Overall, this anime is truly magnificent. It's one of the most thought provoking anime of our time. I'm quite excited to see what happens next week.

cajunator

Banned
It's like if Yakitate Japan expanded its menu and became considerably more ecchi.

Yeah it basically does lol. Man I miss that show.

He needed an ad-hoc shock absorber for continuous firing.

Seriously? thats hilarious.

I don't know how these equate to those but most of these are worth watching.
Baccano
Darker than Black
Dennou Coil
Great Teacher Onizuka
Haibane Renmei
Twelve Kingdoms
Kino's Journey
Noein
Oh Edo Rocket
PlanetES

This entire list is good. All of it.
Also has my favorite two shows.

Some upcoming Funimation releases:

D Frag is so mine!
Also Noir bluray is enticing.

Thoraxes

Overall, this anime is truly magnificent. It's one of the most thought provoking anime of our time. I'm quite excited to see what happens next week.
At least you've proved that you aren't paying attention to what's actually going on in the episodes so I can ignore your future reviews.

cajunator

Banned
I love how I have that plugin that makes Webm's automatically play on the page when I'm on here.

Treated to a slowmo shot of a bullet going under goddess Saeko's thong?

I am content.

Thats one of the most iconic gifs. Instantly recognizable.

recommend something =[ i miss kirino...and black girl

Nozaki kun
My Little Monster

cajun plz ~chu

It's not always, ~chu.

CRm8c8Hl.png

*puts you back in the cage

Shugo Chara 30

Whatsherface learns the true meaning of sweat after seeing Amu's alluring cheerleading, while Amu wins whatsherfaces servants because cheerleading gets the dicks up with ridiculously short skirts and midriff... and no sleeves....

And glasses fucker is related to the other Easter fucker. SPIES

Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V Episode 39
B71zsSyCcAAysoy.png

Wow Yuuya oniichan was getting beat up in this high attack duel. The preview for 38 didnt even compare to how brutal it became. But then the conclusion, wow.

I cant believe he used Pendulum, Fusion, and XYZ summon in one duel with that overlay network. Yuuto and his Dark Rebellion XYZ Dragon was too powerful with that overlay effect, but now in the hands of Yuuya oniichan. I cant even imagine the future. What if the others are also able to be accessed by him. ?! Will attacks exceed even 5300!?!?!

Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid - 9

Man, where do I even begin with this episode?

They knew what they were doing with the tension in this show. I mean, now that
Chidori's all by herself, you can really feel the sense of danger. She's not a soldier, so she's not used to sneaking around, and almost gets herself killed in the process.

But that's obviously not enough to fill up this episode, so what else happens? Well, Tessa's twin brother Leo shows up and steals Kaname's first kiss. *Insert Jojo reference you've seen a million times*

Was the fact that Tessa had a brother ever brought up before? I don't remember them mentioning him, but either way, it's still a pretty big surprise.

But man, the last scene in this episode. This is the first time Kaname has seen somebody get straight up murdered in front of her eyes, and it really shows how much she's understanding the horrors that are happening around her, given her reaction afterwards. :(

i do want to know what set the teacher off.

Calling it , she either :

-
was doing her duty. Like a rite of passage for the talented in the event ..in short she was faking most of it

Or

-
the school knows and doesn't care since they are there to get the best students regardless of the price paid ( somewhat in line with the elimination entrance exam )

Andrew J.

HapCha Precure 30

Should have figured that giving Precure the ability to fly would turn the show's action scenes into DBZ fights eventually. Think that happened near the end of Heartcatch, too.

Shugo Chara 31-32

Breaking down Rima to the point of seeing her Character Change for the first time, showing IMMENSE GAP MOE, and understanding why she acts the way she does; kidnapping and shitty parents.

I mean jesus, you can smell the shit on her parents.

PK Gaming

At least you've proved that you aren't paying attention to what's actually going on in the episodes so I can ignore your future reviews.

Some people just don't get it.

"Anybody who doesn't appreciate what I like just doesn't get it."

Don't you think that viewpoint is extremely arrogant? Myopic even? Sure, i'll grant you that my post didn't really give me the benefit of the doubt, but I was clearly, clearly taking the piss. Poking fun at it is pretty much all I can do at this point, because I sure as hell don't plan on seriously reviewing Yuri Kuma Arashi. I was on the Yuri Kuma Arashi train from day 1. It was like someone engineered an anime from the ground up to appeal to me but... it was a no sell. To be clear, i'm not saying that it's bad. It just wasn't my cup of tea. Sorry.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
HapCha Precure 30

Should have figured that giving Precure the ability to fly would turn the show's action scenes into DBZ fights eventually. Think that happened near the end of Heartcatch, too.

This is the first season where they've been able to fly from the beginning but there was still no more flying than other seasons because aerial battles require actual animation. lol :(

Shugo Chara 33

Amu can't just stop getting all the guys. Motherfucker, even Glasses dude has the hots for her.

And this is a OH HEY, here's all the current dudes fighting over her, what with Ikuto being a tease, and Tadase using his shota-bait to trigger the dokis.

Better romance than HapCha

A Certain Scientific Railgun - 9

Saten, I don't think telling them about the Level Upper is a good idea...

The fights in this show remind me of Hunter X Hunter's fights, where there's a lot of thinking involved with the powers the characters have, rather than just going head-to-head at each other with beam-spam, rapid punches, and such.

And while this show doesn't nearly have as much thought put into it as Hunter X Hunter, I gotta say I didn't expect
Kuroko teleporting the glass into the supports of the building to make it collapse. Not bad.

Shugo Chara 34-35

Seriously, Amu, pick a dude, stop thinking about all these other dudes. I mean shit, you even wanted to bone your cousin at one point as well.

Slayers 21

Zelgatis may be part golem, but even he can still feel breasts on his back.

Sophia is scared on losing the Goury Bowl. This is what happens when we like bricks

Psycho-Pass [dir. Katsuyuki Motohiro & Naoyoshi Shiotani; EP 01-22]
After recently deciding to head rogue from immediate GAF recommendations, I managed to binge through this series over the past weekend with marvelous results. I'm admittedly unsure what drew my attention toward this particular property, but I suppose I simply couldn't pass on a cyberpunk slice of science-fiction when Blade Runner (1982) ranks in my top favorite films of all-time whilst I've begun developing a thirst for narratives built upon nihilistic foundations. Thankfully, Psycho-Pass managed to miraculously deliver on those elements via screenwriter Gen Urobuchi who composes exciting sequences that pack a biting political commentary worthy of the genre as well as a refreshing break from moe-inspired art designs still spilling over from the 2000s. The series has served as another vitalizing experience from a viewer that hasn't been too familiar with the Japanese art form since The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (2006) and recently finished Steins;Gate (2011), an additional sci-fi venture which I can't recommend enough for those starved for a roller-coaster of emotions. I'm really looking forward to viewing the second season, despite murmurs of mixed reception, and the "Urobutcher" might just have another fan in the crowd as I feel his mystique almost revokes the work of creative designer Yoko Taro (Drakengard, Nier) with their similarly pessimistic presentations.

Psycho-Pass is one of those situations where AnimeGAF on the large is so against it, but it is still highly entertaining and well liked. My friend got me the special edition blu-ray and I thought of GAF. All I could think of is "One of my favorite anime many be shit, but so are all of yours"

Having said that I don't care to watch S2 because my fav char isn't in it and I didn't like the others enough to watch it for them. Thankfully he's back in the movie, so gonna watch that.

Mature

Psycho-Pass [dir. Katsuyuki Motohiro & Naoyoshi Shiotani; EP 01-22]

After recently deciding to head rogue from immediate GAF recommendations, I managed to binge through this series over the past weekend with marvelous results. I'm admittedly unsure what drew my attention toward this particular property, but I suppose I simply couldn't pass on a cyberpunk slice of science-fiction when Blade Runner (1982) ranks in my top favorite films of all-time whilst I've begun developing a thirst for narratives built upon nihilistic foundations. Thankfully, Psycho-Pass managed to miraculously deliver on those elements via screenwriter Gen Urobuchi who composes exciting sequences that pack a biting political commentary worthy of the genre as well as a refreshing break from moe-inspired art designs still spilling over from the 2000s. The series has served as another vitalizing experience from a viewer that hasn't been too familiar with the Japanese art form since The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (2006) and recently finished Steins;Gate (2011), an additional sci-fi venture which I can't recommend enough for those starved for a roller-coaster of emotions. I'm really looking forward to viewing the second season, despite murmurs of mixed reception, and the "Urobutcher" might just have another fan in the crowd as I feel his mystique almost revokes the work of creative designer Yoko Taro (Drakengard, Nier) with their similarly pessimistic presentations.
While I'm not on the same page with most of the points you made about the series, I appreciate the way you articulated them. Usually when someone finds themselves in the minority they'll get snippy and defensive and instead try to tear down the opinions of the people who dislike it.

Seeing that you're not too familiar with anime, have you seen any of the Ghost in the Shell franchise? Might scratch that particular itch you're keen of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom