• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Highschool of the Dead [End]

I enjoyed this show. I feel like it took a dip when they stayed at the big house, but besides that I'm pretty content with what I saw. For me the setting is pretty much the deal, I didn't care for any character in particular.
So if you want some dumb fun in zambie world and don't mind the fanservice you should check it out. One issue I have is that best girl didn't get any screen time.
7Lv8AHo.jpg

Gundam build fighter - try - 15

Lol , Someone just nailed all the males hearts in the audience in one shot... just like an experienced sniper !! Marai seems to have a nice future ahead of herself !

Now , the battle has started... and just like i expected , it's going to be AWESOME..

It's awesome.

Gundam%20Build%20Fighters%20Try%20-%2015.jpg

This was pulverized, right ?

^^^ the damage was set to A... so i'm not sure what is left of that- poor guy gunpla.. is the core even intact after what the poor guy , took ?

Man the music , the action , the particles effects . it was just amazing .. This season will feel great without someone in charge hindering the heroes for no reason.

Mission accomplished !!
They can't butcher the rest now that we have a nice set of good ennemies and gunpla to fight..
Gundam%20Build%20Fighters%20Try%20-%2015_02.jpg

HYPE AT MAX LEVEL

Hamst3r

Welcome to Irabu's Office is awesome. From its weird and disjointed early episodes to its more cohesive and satisfying latter episodes, I enjoyed it thoroughly. It was fun watching the characters work out their problems. I quite liked the art style too, with all it's bright colors and ever-changing appearance.

EDIT: Oh, and I watched it Viewster, which is one of them legal places for it, if you're looking for one.

Psycho-Pass is one of those situations where AnimeGAF on the large is so against it, but it is still highly entertaining and well liked. My friend got me the special edition blu-ray and I thought of GAF. All I could think of is "One of my favorite anime many be shit, but so are all of yours"

Having said that I don't care to watch S2 because my fav char isn't in it and I didn't like the others enough to watch it for them. Thankfully he's back in the movie, so gonna watch that.
Well, I must confess that I didn't know AnimeGAF held an overall negative impression toward the series. I've just recently been made aware of these seasonal threads so I'm still attempting to gain a general sense of the community and their respective taste in animation. It does appear to be well received based on remarks from American critics and its placement within the top rankings on MAL; however, I respect the opinion held by other viewers regardless of whether they share similar sentiments on a subject matter or otherwise. I'm simply glad that I have forum in which I can express my thoughts on an storytelling art form and I believe contrary views can serve a healthy basis in critique as the individual, ultimately, has the freedom to choose to dismiss, accept or alter perspectives on their own volition. In other words, I'm absolutely fine with any critical views of Psycho-Pass on GAF whether in the majority or minority as it won't adjust my appreciation for the material.

While I'm not on the same page with most of the points you made about the series, I appreciate the way you articulated them. Usually when someone finds themselves in the minority they'll get snippy and defensive and instead try to tear down the opinions of the people who dislike it.

Seeing that you're not too familiar with anime, have you seen any of the Ghost in the Shell franchise? Might scratch that particular itch you're keen of.
Thank you very much for the kind words. If I had to be honest, I wouldn't necessarily consider myself a novice to culture after spending my entire childhood with classic anime that I experienced on my own accord, like Speed Racer (1967) and Voltron: Defender of the Universe (1984), whereas Toonami primarily served as the foundation in which I saw the most breath of the medium in the late '90s/early 2000s. I posted my personal fifteen recommendations in the previous thread and I'll gladly state Ghost in the Shell has been one of my favorite series, especially the 1995 film adaptation.

I have no idea what you are talking about.
Out of respect for a lady, I'd probably compliment her as beautiful more than anything else. Admittedly, the property isn't completely immune from moe/kawaii qualities, but I admire Psycho-Pass for refraining from them on an overall level.

No-Rin 04

Hm... I think some of those people were in Sabagebu. Oh, and it's an Expendables joke as well I guess.

There's other references to various games and anime shows too. Ringo has lost her smile and what better way to get somebody to laugh than to show them your penis.

Highschool of the Dead [End]

I enjoyed this show.

Same here, people like to call it out for its silly parts but hey, at least those pandering moments involved non loli/ super underage girls/high school girls with bodies of 9 year olds.... Hell could have been "arguably" worse and the main character falls in love with a zombie, who is actually a magic prince who time traveled or some shit...

Was a relief to see a zombie themed show that was more about shit hitting the fan, with fanservice!

ibyea

Banned
Psycho-Pass [dir. Katsuyuki Motohiro & Naoyoshi Shiotani; EP 01-22]

After recently deciding to head rogue from immediate GAF recommendations, I managed to binge through this series over the past weekend with marvelous results. I'm admittedly unsure what drew my attention toward this particular property, but I suppose I simply couldn't pass on a cyberpunk slice of science-fiction when Blade Runner (1982) ranks in my top favorite films of all-time whilst I've begun developing a thirst for narratives built upon nihilistic foundations. Thankfully, Psycho-Pass managed to miraculously deliver on those elements via screenwriter Gen Urobuchi who composes exciting sequences that pack a biting political commentary worthy of the genre as well as a refreshing break from moe-inspired art designs still spilling over from the 2000s. The series has served as another vitalizing experience from a viewer that hasn't been too familiar with the Japanese art form since The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (2006) and recently finished Steins;Gate (2011), an additional sci-fi venture which I can't recommend enough for those starved for a roller-coaster of emotions. I'm really looking forward to viewing the second season, despite murmurs of mixed reception, and the "Urobutcher" might just have another fan in the crowd as I feel his mystique almost revokes the work of creative designer Yoko Taro (Drakengard, Nier) with their similarly pessimistic presentations.

Yay, positive impression of the series. ^_^ I personally liked it.

2014 Fall Preliminary First Volume Sales

10,912 *5 Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru [BD+DVD] 
---------- 10k Line ----------
*8,993 *5 Psycho-Pass Season 2 [BD+DVD] 
*8,855 *4 Crossange Tenshi to Ryuu no Rinbu [BD+DVD] 
*8,194 *4 Amagi Brilliant Park [BD+DVD]
*7,923 *4 Shirobako [BD] 
*5,694 *4 Gundam G no Reconguista [BD+DVD] 
*5,360 *4 Gugure! Kokkuri-san [BD+DVD] 
*4,574 *4 Grisaia no Kajitsu [BD+DVD] 
*4,165 *4 Trinity Seven [BD+DVD] 
*3,718 *4 Madan no Ou to Vanadis [BD+DVD] 
*3,184 *4 Ore, Twintails ni Narimasu. [BD+DVD] 
---------- Manabi Line (2,899) ----------
*1,919 *3 Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de [BD] 
*1,882 *2 Terraformars [BD+DVD]
*1,188 *2 Hi☆sCoool! Seha Girls [BD] 
*1,151 *1 Danna ga Nani wo Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken [BD+DVD] 
*1,114 *2 Hitsugi no Chaika AVENGING BATTLE [BD]
**,956 *2 Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai [BD]  
**,746 *1 Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji [BD+DVD] 
**,622 *1 Denkigai no Honya-san [BD]  
**,464 *1 Gundam Build Fighters Try [BD-BOX+DVD] 
**,419 *1 Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete [BD] 

Bolded are new numbers.

Danna is this weeks new entry.

Series average including one from last Thursday:

Jojo s2 v6, final volume, adds 297 BDs, total 10,902. series average: 12,079

Momokyun v3, final volume, sells 363, BD-only release. Series average: 456

Source along with some added numbers from Oricon.

*7,923 *4 Shirobako [BD] 

Bolded are new numbers.

Not sure what's Warner doing but Shirobako still having stock issue(next restock will be Jan 27) is strange, are they wanna make a mini-GuP since it's also direct by Mizushima Tsutomu?

phaze

*7,923 *4 Shirobako [BD] 

I've no idea how those sales numbers work but I assume there is a logical reason why Bahamut isn't there ? Does its sale start late like Parasyte's ?

Parasyte 15

This remains semi-decent but without ever managing to really grab me and make me care for these characters. At least it seemingly moved past the "random Parasytes attacking Shinichi's school or close ones" arcs.

Veitsev

I've no idea how those sales numbers work but I assume there is a logical reason why Bahamut isn't there ? Does its sale start late like Parasyte's ?

Parasyte 15

This remains semi-decent but without ever managing to really grab me and make me care for these characters. At least it seemingly moved past the "random Parasytes attacking Shinichi's school or close ones" arcs.

Pretty sure Bahamut isn't out till next week.

Jex

[Yoru no Yatterman] - 2

So this particular series remains fairly solid and but I still feel like I need at least some exposure to a Yatterman property to give me a little bit of grounding. It probably won't enhance my experience in some exponential fashion but I just feel like there's a number of things I'll probably be missing due to my ignorance.

As a number of folk have pointed out, the strangest thing about this episode is the numerous references to the works of Mamoru Oshii most noticeably Angel's Egg, Patlabor, Patlabor 2 and Gosenzosama Banbanzai!. Now, I know that Oshii has previously worked on the Yatterman franchise but it just seems odd that there's so many overt visual call backs to his work in this episode. For once, I feel a bit like firehawk12, slightly puzzled as to the reasoning behind these references. It's just like of like "I really like Oshii, here's some of his iconic images".

Parasyte - 15

The direction just keeps on lacking unfortunately. Most of the scenes just don't flow all that well, neither do the transitions. The music was once again out of place several times, especially when he ran away from the other parasite and some relaxed tune was playing, just what the fucking hell was that?!?

Well, at this point I'm mostly in for the story and (some of) the characters. Am seriously feeling underwhelmed now though.

I love seeing that number get higher and higher.

I'm befuddled by HOW that number keeps getting higher and higher.

Like, how did that get so popular? I mean, I enjoyed it, but compared to what everyone else was watching this season it would have made more sense to me for it to rank among the 4k's at the very best.

Jex

Reading all these Parasyte impressions are not encouraging me to pick the series up again. I feel pretty happy letting it go a few weeks ago.

Numerous people have suggested that the manga is far better, which I can easily believe, so I may well check that out.

Shinmai Maou no Testament - 03

Breast sponge back wash in the bath for obvious bonding moments and badly done 'fights', if you could even call it that. That's about it.
Poor excuse of a cliffhanger, but hey at least you tried. See you next week Testament.
GSUnXMf.jpg

That sticky white stuff is cake by the way, nothing else

Maria the Virgin Witch 2

I'll keep watching this, it's entertaining (and lewd) enough.

Reading all these Parasyte impressions are not encouraging me to pick the series up again. I feel pretty happy letting it go a few weeks ago.

Numerous people have suggested that the manga is far better, which I can easily believe, so I may well check that out.

If you dropped it probably not worth picking back up but the conclusion and last arc I remember being pretty good so if you want to see that I would read the manga.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Yeah it basically does lol. Man I miss that show.

I admit I didn't watch much of it; I just distinctly remember a scene where a Takehito Koyasu voiced character tasted a piece of bread that was so orgasmic he imagined he was in India with pretty ladies and dancing elephants and shit.

T'was definitely amusingly to be sure. XD

Jex

Dear God that Naruto vs Danzou one was made in 2015 HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE

Brian (From Awesome Engine and Dynamite in the Brain) is looking to post a new Linkin Park In The End AMV every day until there's no more to post.

Please note that about 5 new Linkin Park In The End AMV's are added to Youtube weekly. Will the quest to post Linkin Park In The End AMV's ever truly end? Only God can know that.

javac

I saw this on the Anime Limited Facebook

Are you still considering getting Planetes and Wolf's Rain, I asked a long time ago and you said you you were interested in them.

Anime Limited: Watch this space

Branduil

Parasyte 15

ibn0MDqiLa3uJX.jpg
iP5l9IvyR7nhD.jpg

This is without a doubt proof that the parasites are becoming more human, or at least more Japanese.

It was a decent episode with interesting things happening, I suppose. The tone of the direction is still confused though, most obviously in the bizarre choice of upbeat jazz music when Shinichi is running for his life.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan

*7,923 *4 Shirobako [BD] 

Bolded are new numbers.

Yuuki Yuna so high. Amazing.

Glad Shirobako doing quite well.

Parasyte - 15

The direction just keeps on lacking unfortunately. Most of the scenes just don't flow all that well, neither do the transitions. The music was once again out of place several times, especially when he ran away from the other parasite and some relaxed tune was playing, just what the fucking hell was that?!?

Well, at this point I'm mostly in for the story and (some of) the characters. Am seriously feeling underwhelmed now though.

Yeah.

I'm thinking of dropping it Parasyte's place a pair of spots on my top 10.

phaze

Pretty sure Bahamut isn't out till next week.

Bahamut release date - 2015/01/28

Thanks !

Parasyte - 15

That whole running/driving away sequence was thorughly absurd and comedic and only compounded by Miki's personality so I would say they got it right for once.

Oh right AOTS. Mushishi is a lost case but I should at least try to finish Shirobako.

Historically those are awful numbers for a gundam series.

*71,081 Gundam SEED Vol.1 [DVD]

*80,635 Gundam SEED Destiny Vol.1 [DVD]

*50,631 Gundam 00 Vol.1 [DVD+BD]

*2,343 Gundam Age Vol.1 [BD]

*5,694 Gundam G no Reconguista Vol.1 [BD+DVD] 

Well what i thought..

I guess one could get those to keep a gundam collection "complete".
Still it did twice as much as AGE...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom