• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noses are icky, down with noses.

qUuBobJ.jpg

#stopbullyingnoses

TUSR

Banned
Oreshura - Episode 1

So I was convinced to watch this show from some friends of mine, didn't quite know what to expect other than the pretty silver haired girl. Seems Like a fun slice of life show after an episode. Eita is a bit boring to begin with, but with his "Note" in the possession of the Hime, seems a lot will be added to his character.

Will continue watching.

i know why you are watching this m8

i know why you are watching this m8

Well other than Husk-chan recommending it, so did Denzer, and we had an anime swap, so I'm watching this and Denzie is watching Twintails. ^.~

Speaking of which

Oreshura Episode 2

I love how all the squiggles and lines randomly show up when Masuzu reads his journal xD

Chiwa is also massively adorable, damn she can swing a guitar case.

Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari 1-13:

Weird series but I liked it. Nothing really stands out neither in good or bad. Had weird 90s vibe in it (maybe because art was quite different to most of shows airing nowadays). Had also some cool animation during battles. Characters were also quite likeable and I didn't activitely hate anyone (other than some of the bad guys but I guess that is the purpose of bad guys). Had also your normal harem antics but I have become numb to those lol. I must also say that I liked that episodes were 45 min instead of your normal 24 min. So much better format.

Dezner

Well other than Husk-chan recommending it, so did Denzer, and we had an anime swap, so I'm watching this and Denzie is watching Twintails. ^.~

Speaking of which

Oreshura Episode 2

I love how all the squiggles and lines randomly show up when Masuzu reads his journal xD

Yeye! <3

Love Dat Masuzu voice. Dat Yukari Tamura! <3 :3

Shirobako-18

I brought this up earlier but I'll elobarate a bit. I think it was a poor choice on the director's part to go with a flat 'moe' face for the girls. It stands out poorly when taken in context with the detailed male and older female faces, in that they look flat. The flat character designs might have worked if all the faces were done in a similar style. It breaks immersion at times just because it feels like such blatant pandering to otaku.

I don't know what pandering means anymore if simply having "moe faces" counts. Is it pandering to do anything your audience likes?

Quasar

Speaking of which

Oreshura Episode 2

I liked this just for Mazuzu. Sure its a club harem comedy, but I still liked it. and would would have watched a second season. Even looked for LN translations...but they aren't there, at least beyond the show end.

Theonik

So much lewd on this page, my goodness. ;p
( *´&#8704;&#65344;*)< Taberu~&#9834;
Tsukuru~&#9834; >(*´&#8704;&#65344;* )
Warau~&#9834; >(*´&#8704;&#65344;* )
Tsukuru~&#9834; >(*´&#8704;&#65344;* )
( *´&#8704;&#65344;*)< Futari DUBIDUBA >(*´&#8704;&#65344;* )

NeonZ

Shin Mazinger Z - 22

The worst kind of clip show episode, sadly. Where they have all these new scenes to go with them so I can't skip the episode completely.

Wow, the difference between how Dr. Hell treats Baron Ashura here and how he treats it in Mazinkaiser is staggering. I mean, all he did in Mazinkaiser was say how tired he was of its excuses. Here, he made it so Baron Ashura could never take his own life, saying it's like a limb to him, and saved his strongest mechanical beast just for him.

I wonder if that's how Baron Ashura was treated in the original Mazinger Z show? If not (and I imagine that wasn't the case coming from Mazinkaiser), then major props to Imagawa for putting in all this effort into giving all this characterization into what was originally your average one-note minion character.

In the original tv series, Dr.Hell treated Ashura like in Mazinkaiser most of the time, but
after Ashura dies, with a suicide crash into the Mazinger, he actually seems to feel sorry for him, builds a robot homaging Ashura and promises revenge. He launches a big offensive, which leads to .
Mori Mori's death.
Shin Mazinger takes a very different route with him.

PK Gaming

We're still going on about noses?

Well, I guess the discussion about anime girls and noses is nothing to be sniffed at. Though, I personally think it took a nosedive towards the end. MetroidPrimeRib nose what's up; noses need to be respected after all.

>.> I-Is there a Twintails-GAF topic?

Who nose!

Jarmel

Banned
Little Witch Academia 2 title announced: Little Witch Academia the Enchanted Parade

Website will be up next week.

bf0cb548cb95044f4e617061c1ad1fe4_large.jpg

My money hard at work.

All this nose talk in here. Yeesh. :|

I like it either way to be honest. Character designs in shows like Shirobako, K-ON!, etc, don't bother me in the slightest. Yeah it's noticeable, but does it really do a lot of damage to the overall show in the long run?

I really don't see how this is such a big deal.

Theonik

So Trigger just announced the Title for LWA2.
'Little Witch Academia the Enchanted Parade'
They also announced the teaser site will be going up next week.
They gave the teaser image early for backers which I will not post here.
Here it is
Edit: Damn beaten.

Midonin

Cinderella Girls 06

Both idol shows look to have the same "member quitting" plotline today, but while I think Mirei's has to do with love(?), maybe, Mio's comes from... a different place. Her desire to be a superstar and the sheer amount of energy she puts into things make her my favorite of the main three, but that kind of confidence carries with it the danger of realizing that in order to get to Mika's level, or even Sexy Guilty's level, you have to start with small concerts. It looked bigger than the middle of nowhere town that 765 performed at, but when there's an organization as big as 346, I can see how that would create false expectations. Anya and Minami were cute, too.

Curious to think that Minami was also the voice of the entire Sixth Destroyer Fleet.

I think bigger things are about to begin.

It's been a while since I saw YYH. Jexhius' posts makes me want to rewatch it

Yeah, I'm kind of feeling the urge to rewatch the series at some point in the near future. It's been about five years since my last proper watch I think.

Also typing that up I just realized that I first saw Yu Yu Hakusho 13 years ago, which makes me feel old.

Vito

Banned
Little Witch Academia 2 title announced: Little Witch Academia the Enchanted Parade

My money hard at work.

You know, I posted that pic for about a minute, but then I felt bad about it and deleted it. I'm glad there's a bigger douchebag out there, so my conscience is clear.

So what do I need to do to get somebody who hasn't watched Great Teacher Onizuka to watch it?

I remember I watchbetted this show with you, which turned into a watchbet for just Kino's Journey and Baccano!

If I wasn't in the middle of a watchbet right now, I might have thrown G-Gundam or something in there to pick it back up, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom