• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gintama 063

l3aYiju.jpg

Being able to see your own future isn't all good.

Even people for hire got their morals. And hemorrhoids.

I'm still salty they didn't make it into a series and instead we got kill la kill.

Fuck you Trigger.

I dunno if they would've been able to retain LWA 1's quality for a full series.

But Death Parade did get made though, that's debatable whether or not it is as good as Billiards though (I think so)

Jarmel

Banned
I dunno if they would've been able to retain LWA 1's quality for a full series.

But Death Parade did get made though, that's debatable whether or not it is as good as Billiards though (I think so)

Animation quality?

hahahahahahahhahahahahahaha

Narrative? Possibly as the OVA is relatively simple on a narrative front and they could easily just make it Harry Potter but with girls.

CDiggity

The problem is that you would likely run into a generic "cute girls do magical things". Especially if you take away the animation which was one of its greatest strengths

Hunter x Hunter - 28

He's back baby! That's one mean aura. Also I noticed in the new ED that they all show a line of people fading through. I remember at least some of these figures from the Phantom spiders image that was shown earlier.
Now what caught my attention is that Hisoka is in this very line among them. Is he a (future?) member of this gang? Or it could very well be he was just thrown in there for show. Whatever the case it's time to take off that shirt mister.

Jarmel

Banned
The problem is that you would likely run into a generic "cute girls do magical things". Especially if you take away the animation which was one of its greatest strengths

Well the OVA had some level of danger from the dragon so if they kept it roughly in line with that, I think it might avoid the 'K-ON at Hogwarts' issue.

Thoraxes

I'm still salty they didn't make it into a series and instead we got kill la kill.

Fuck you Trigger.

LWA is much better suited to its current format.

I'd much rather the quality stay consistently high than them pad out a series and watch the quality and people's affinity for the series suffer for it.

Jarmel

Banned
LWA is much better suited to its current format.

I'd much rather the quality stay consistently high than them pad out a series and watch the quality and people's affinity for the series suffer for it.

I agree.

I wouldn't mind a movie series though or something like an OVA series.

Crocodile

Fuck you Trigger.

That's not how things work. Trigger didn't just decide to make Kill la Kill over Little Witch Academia. Someone (multiple people/parties/companies) paid for Kill la Kill to be made. If Trigger can organize enough financing to produce a LWA TV series, I'm sure they'll consider it but there is a big business component what does and doesn't get made and to what capacity.

I agree.

I wouldn't mind a movie series though or something like an OVA series.

LWA to become Trigger's Gunbuster/FLCL - six OVA episodes with each being crazier than the last :p

Jarmel

Banned
I'm also pretty sure that Imaishi can get producer money a shitload of a lot easier than Yoshinari.

All of this said, I would rather they drop LWA after this altogether. Have Yoshinari direct a TV series. I want to see him grow as a director and try his hand at different genres.

Frog-fu

Banned
Hyōka 1-6

First five episodes were pretty good. The mystery was interesting and I enjoyed watching it unfold. I'm not sure if that's all there is to it, but if it is, whatever.

I couldn't care less about episode 6. Mind-numbingly boring. An entire episode dedicated to why Chitanda got angry? Come on.

Midonin

GARO -Seal of Flames- 18
M5Qz8hA.jpg

Mendozaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

I am glad that Leon is back in the GARO armor - a downgrade for Alfonso, but he can handle himself no matter which suit he's in. German's always been kinda sketchy in his parenting and his heroics, but there'd better be a damn good reason for what he's doing now.

Also, it looks like Goldstorm will be taking over the anime's slot when it finishes. I'm guessing S2 of Seal of Flames will debut in the fall, unless another Garo project is announced in the meanwhile.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Seaons 2, Episode 6:

Yea, not going to lie, I just find this episode obnoxious as I often do with Joseph Joestar heavy ventures.

Parasyte 3 & 4

I hope the teacher lady can stay around, kind of grew to like that advanced parasyte of sorts who is still able to think rationally like any sentient being. Much better than the man.

Migi is hilarious at times.

Inou Battle 3 and 4

The hardened anime 2d fan needs to get more screentime, best minor role and partner for Andou.

Andou's :cool" scene was hilarious especially how they made him move in that scene.

Garo 18

Stunning episode. Absolutely stunning. Leon's journey has been such a great watch in this show and the huge steps he takes to finally overcome his hate and vengeful past was something I was looking forward to and hoping they would do it justice. Damn did they ever do it justice. Despite the manifestation of his hatred taking form, taunting and challenging him
and using his first love's death against him while insulting her her upon her gave, he still didn't give in and fought back learning from his past mistakes.

He reinforce this during his duel with the Prince which was one of the best fights I've seen in this series, if not the best one itself. It showed he's overcome his vengeful nature while becoming more mature, focused and stronger.
Not to mention it was touching to see him in his golden armor form still shed a tear when he saved a child that looked like the girl he lost.
Interesting that Leon's father for a moment seem to finally show affection for a woman besides just using them as a hole to stick his dick into. Alas that was short lived though in a way his actions with the innkeeper and his actions at the end of the episode make me question a few things about him.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Death Parade Episode 6:

So we are switching off on the Arbiters and Ginty has a very uncouth style at the best of times. I'll be honest, I thought this was the weakest episode thus far because the characters in this story were mostly shallow and obnoxious and a good argument that we were watching on of the lower depths of hell. Speaking of which, I guess this Cross Heart Attack duo is sticking around? I am with Ginty on that prospect.

PK Gaming

Re: Little Witch Academia it's format

I think both format have their merits. The OVA route obviously has infinitely better art and animation, but the standard anime has more content (at the obvious cost of art and animation). I think I prefer the OVA route, since the animation is really gorgeous, but I rather like the idea of "Harry Potter" but with girls.

phaze

So what do I need to do to get somebody who hasn't watched Great Teacher Onizuka to watch it?

Lain
Shigurui
Texhnolyze

Watch it in this order. Comes together to 48 episodes. You know you want to.

Hyōka 1-6

First five episodes were pretty good. The mystery was interesting and I enjoyed watching it unfold. I'm not sure if that's all there is to it, but if it is, whatever.

I couldn't care less about episode 6. Mind-numbingly boring. An entire episode dedicated to why Chitanda got angry? Come on.

Just so you know. Hyouka mystery is more of an outlier rather than a sign of things of come. Most/all other mysteries are going to be lighter in tone.

Deadman Wonderland 4-5

We battle shounen now. And with the usual "he always gets up" protagonist.

In the development that shocked absolutely no one - Shiro is also a blood bender/ has special powers.

Midonin

Isuca 04

Samurai golems are a cool concept. This episode had a lot less horror elements than the previous three, and I'm okay with that. The overplot is starting to appear, as well as the title character.

Death Parade Episode 6

2nd best episode of the anime. Really entertaining and both characters were fun. Harada was really amazing too especially at the frozen parts.

I think the deaths were pretty silly though.
slipping on the soap bar really? :( Bomb was kind of crazy and extreme

Jex

[Death Parade] - 6

I wasn't expecting that an episode devoted to this alternate Arbiter would be a comedy episode. Or, to put it more bluntly, I didn't expect this series to have a 'comedy episode'.
In isolation, perhaps, this episode is fine but when taken as a whole the series feels like it has a real lack of tonal consistency.

On the plus side, this episode looked god damn fantastic, back to the animation quality of the first episode.

Gundam: Reconguista in G 20:
That final fight, complete with the music, was pretty incredible. It had some great moments for Bellri, and the whole fight flowed together really well. It was just a joy to watch. Tomino also brought it with some crazy physical comedy earlier on.
Bellri struggling to get back into the cockpit in zero g was hilarious, especially with Raraiya's reactions to it.

Things felt a lot clearer this episode compared to some of the confusion last time around (most of which is clarified here. Shockingly, I don't think a new faction is introduced in this episode, which might be the first time since 2014 that was the case. I'm starting to like Raraiya more and more with the attitude she's showing in recent episodes. Aside from the criminal lack of Genius Klim Nick, this was an all around great episode.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Assassination Classroom Episode 5:

This one was basically two stories in one as we get Koro-Sensei teaching of his shyer students the art of using poison and it seems to be falling in the larger thematic of making the troubled E-3 classroom into paragons of murder. Speaking of which, we learn just how much shit the class gets at the all school assembly and I question the wisdom of this given the reputation for hooliganism at the best of time.

Saudades

Death Parade Episode 6:

So we are switching off on the Arbiters and Ginty has a very uncouth style at the best of times. I'll be honest, I thought this was the weakest episode thus far because the characters in this story were mostly shallow and obnoxious and a good argument that we were watching on of the lower depths of hell. Speaking of which, I guess this Cross Heart Attack duo is sticking around? I am with Ginty on that prospect.

I wasn't a fan of this episode either, but that's more because I normally expect heavy drama out of this show rather than straight-up comedy. There was some drama involved but some elements are just so over-the-top that I can't take it seriously (a heart-shaped time-bomb on a silver platter, really?) I do admit I get some enjoyment out of the hijinks they pulled though.
Looks like it's gonna be another world-building episode next. The last major character is going to appear too.
Lain
Shigurui
Texhnolyze

Watch it in this order. Comes together to 48 episodes. You know you want to.

I'd rather it be Shigurui -> Texh -> Lain. Can't have him watch the most mind-boggling (and arguably best) one first!

Midonin

Fafnir 06

I don't know when CR changed their schedule to Fafnir Fridays, but this time I got in on it when it went up. Six episodes in, and the opening is probably my favorite part. It reminds me of Soranica Ele's OP, and I loved that game. My opinion of Tear improved this episode after she finally gained the self-awareness that she's human, and isn't going to take the dragon cult's nonsense anymore. The battles aren't as exciting as Absolute Duo, and it's not as off-the-wall as World Break, but it's still not the worst thing I've watched.

Death Parade - 06

Ginty and his cat was quite fun to follow and see how differently he handles his 'guests' from Decim. Deadly Twister was a interesting concept.
I think the episode as a whole was alright. I got a little smile out of that post ED scene.

phaze

I'd rather it be Shigurui -> Texh -> Lain. Can't have him watch the most mind-boggling (and arguably best) one first!

But Lain
ends on the happiest note out of them. I want to gradually ramp up the despair. :p

I'm looking for a Shonen series to watch, any suggestions? (already went through Hunter x Hunter)

FMA and FMA:Brotherhood

Jojo's Bizzare Adventure: Battle Tendency

Saint Seiya: Lost Canvas
manigoldoeiuo3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom