• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 30

55e4f82a40.jpg
9e026b5045.jpg

I've been waiting for this fight to be animated for years.

Episode is in a weird spot where the fight isn't worth 2 episodes but has more then 1 episodes worth of content, so they gotta artificially extend it with non manga material like the Kakyoin scene (DTL will like it though). That's fine to me, though.

I want an Avdol/Oldseph buddy cop movie now.

dan2026

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 30

I've been waiting for this fight to be animated for years.

Episode is in a weird spot where the fight isn't worth 2 episodes but has more then 1 episodes worth of content, so they gotta artificially extend it with non manga material like the Kakyoin scene (DTL will like it though). That's fine to me, though.

I want an Avdol/Oldseph buddy cop movie now.

Defiantly glad they extended to 2 rather than cutting to 1.

Also;
1423853808024.gif

Midonin

Strawberry Marshmallow OVA 01-03

While I compared this to Mitsudomoe in the past, that show has a classroom full of characters with at least some dimension to their personality. Here, characters outside of the main five can be counted on one hand. There's Sasazuka, the two teachers, that old man that's always around town... it's a very insular world, one where Miu keeps entering through windows even when she's on vacation.

These OVAs kept a lot of the same jokes and dynamics from the main series, but I'm starting to notice they're doing variations on them, too. Like Miu lying face-down on the floor as always, even though nobody pushed her down there. Completely throwing Nobue off. Some standout moments from each of these episodes are the "Funga~", Matsuri wearing the horse head, and Nobue's speech about the intangible things in life that closes off the special. Immediately undercut by everyone saying it's a break from her usual apathetic self, yet still a heartwarming moment.

Fumiko Orikasa's ED is alright, and I like the new OP. Encore! Encore!

Death Parade 06

Wow this was many times more sadistic then anything Decim ever did, some real Kaiji shit here and yet it was a comedy episode too?

The way these two died is a bit ridiculous. Really weird episode.

phaze

Oh shit I forgot there was a new Saint Seiya.

Thanks fam.

Edit: well not "new" new but new enough.

Assuming you're speaking of LC here (and not Omega brrrr) be warned that the anime adapted only half of the manga. It ends in a decent place but the story is incomplete.

I'm down if I assume this is you accepting the bet I've been wanting to watch these shows.

Of course ! I'll just need a short while to finish the current crop. If that's okay than this contract is sealed. /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Just know that neither of the three is an easy watch. Shigurui and Texh in particular start very slowly.

How is Shigurui, anyway? I haven't heard much about it.

It's the most glorious thing ever conceived and created.

If you like those sort of things anyway. It's a lot like Texhnolyze, similarly slow paced (same director) but much more graphic.

Clov

It's the most glorious thing ever conceived and created.

If you like those sort of things anyway. It's a lot like Texhnolyze, similarly slow paced (same director) but much more graphic.

I loved Texhnolyze, and I'm perfectly okay with slow pacing. I think I might give it a shot sometime soon.

Crocodile

So are people not liking Death Parade? I'm having a hard time gauging Gaf consensus. The most recent episode was kind of silly/ridiculous but this never seemed to be the type of show where comdey was forbidden so I dunno, I'm not feeling the whiplash. The show's always been over the top, even when in serious mode, but I rarely found that to be a flaw.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
SAO Mother Rosario arc
Well, i can see why SAO fans are saying that this is SAO best arc.
Because it really is. Compared to previous arc, this show focus on using technology and VR for medication purpose instead of seeing Kirito doing his thing to solve problem. The focus on Asuna and Yuuki and making Kirito the side character in this arc is much appreciated. There's not much fault in the animation department either, so there's that.

Brutal as hell.
Its an ultra violence anime about fighting to the death. The focus is on two charaters, a blind man and a man with missing arm.
Though let me warn you, the plot is unresolved in anime. You need to read the manga to see the end.

Brutal as hell.
Its an ultra violence anime about fighting to the death. The focus is on two charaters, a blind man and a man with missing arm.
Though let me warn you, the plot is unresolved in anime. You need to read the manga to see the end.

Well the Manga doesn't really end so much as stop.

Garo - 18

Great episode. Great fight (spoilers?).
Though I would've rather seen Alfonso stay in the golden armor and let Leon get the purple.
Now what the fuck is up with Mendoza, and why did the Watchdog ask to save him all of a sudden.
Now what I'd like to see is some really powerful Horrors that doesn't just serve as an episode finisher fight. Something like the mansion Horrors with the witch we saw a couple of episodes back or the plague doctor, but over the course of a few episodes with a bigger focus.

Midonin

Comical Psychosomatic Medicine is an interesting short anime. It's educational, but also filled with quick gags to spice up the material. I like it!

phaze

Assassination Classroom - 05

I haven't been this confused since Steins;Gate, and I'm not talking about the plot.
As for the episode, I didn't find it much to my liking. I did like the interaction with the 'normal' kids though. However the comedy parts does not click with me. And a lack of Karma doesn't make it any better either.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Well the Manga doesn't really end so much as stop.
Yeah, but at least it resolve both protagonist story.
We never get to see the whole tournament.

Define "end"

Well, the anime make it look like we're going to get full story about both fighter. The anime only told half the story when compared to manga version.

On a side note, Shigurui characters cameo in "Molester Man" is some funny stuff.

cajunator

Banned

Squeeeeeeeeeeee
Thats perfect!

Oreshura - Episode 1

So I was convinced to watch this show from some friends of mine, didn't quite know what to expect other than the pretty silver haired girl. Seems Like a fun slice of life show after an episode. Eita is a bit boring to begin with, but with his "Note" in the possession of the Hime, seems a lot will be added to his character.

Will continue watching.

the eye design is really distinctive and roughly similar to Unbreakable Machine Dolls which made it stand out. I havent watched the show but there only seems to be DVD available.
Do yall think I should wait for a bluray or will it always be just DVD here?

cute girls = good design

Fuck yeah AWESOMEBEAR!

hnnnnnnng

*pats head* there there.

QZeKKVx.jpg

On to episode 3~

HNNNNNNNNNNNNG

O_O
This is like TOLoveRU Darkness levels of lewd. Well ok not quite but its pushing it.

( *´&#8704;&#65344;*)< Taberu~&#9834;
Tsukuru~&#9834; >(*´&#8704;&#65344;* )
Warau~&#9834; >(*´&#8704;&#65344;* )
Tsukuru~&#9834; >(*´&#8704;&#65344;* )
( *´&#8704;&#65344;*)< Futari DUBIDUBA >(*´&#8704;&#65344;* )

That song makes my soul happy.

Little Witch Academia 2 title announced: Little Witch Academia the Enchanted Parade

Website will be up next week.

bf0cb548cb95044f4e617061c1ad1fe4_large.jpg

My money hard at work.

Same. Finally we are getting results!

All this nose talk in here. Yeesh. :|

I like it either way to be honest. Character designs in shows like Shirobako, K-ON!, etc, don't bother me in the slightest. Yeah it's noticeable, but does it really do a lot of damage to the overall show in the long run?

I really don't see how this is such a big deal.

I dont either but different things bother people I guess.

How the hell did I miss this thing the last few pages?!?

Urge to watch this show is higher now after seeing this.

the eye design is really distinctive and roughly similar to Unbreakable Machine Dolls which made it stand out. I havent watched the show but there only seems to be DVD available.
Do yall think I should wait for a bluray or will it always be just DVD here?

Is that a good show? I read the synopsis and it sounded kind of interesting to me.

More FUNIdubs announced.

Wednesdays
8:00 p.m. ET Assassination Classroom
8:30 p.m. ET Death Parade
9:00 p.m. ET Tokyo Ghoul &#8730;A

Phase I

- The Rolling Girls – Saturdays at 12:58 p.m. ET starting February 21, 2015
- World Break: Aria of Curse for a Holy Swordsman – Sundays at 11:05 a.m. ET starting February 22, 2015
- Kamisama Kiss Season 2 – Mondays at 1:35 p.m. ET starting February 23, 2015

Phase II

- Absolute Duo – Mondays at 1 p.m. ET starting March 16, 2015
- Yurikuma Arashi – Mondays at 1:30 p.m. ET starting March 16, 2015
- Yona of the Dawn Season 2 – Tuesdays at 10 a.m. ET starting March 17, 2015
- Maria the Virgin Witch – Sundays at 9:30 a.m. ET starting March 22, 2015

I cant wait for the Assasination Classroom one.

ibyea

Banned
Bunny Drop
I thought it was a lovely show about parenthood. So many heartwarming moments. It is definitely a lot more grounded than what I am used getting from anime. I personally loved the children picture book style look the show had. It had an addictively catchy intro too.

Of course ! I'll just need a short while to finish the current crop. If that's okay than this contract is sealed. &#65295;&#20154;&#9685; &#8255;&#8255; &#9685;&#20154;&#65340;&#65279;

Just know that neither of the three is an easy watch. Shigurui and Texh in particular start very slow.
The Contract has been woofed yo

cajunator

Banned
I remember I watchbetted this show with you, which turned into a watchbet for just Kino's Journey and Baccano!

If I wasn't in the middle of a watchbet right now, I might have thrown G-Gundam or something in there to pick it back up, haha.

Looks like you won that watchbet!

Just bought the Toradora Blu-Ray/DVD Premium Edition collection and Anohana Blu-Ray/DVD collection for $150. I feel good :).

You've done well. Both boxsets are great quality.

The problem is that you would likely run into a generic "cute girls do magical things". Especially if you take away the animation which was one of its greatest strengths

If yall want to see what it could be like, watch Tweeny Witches. Its pretty good.

LWA is much better suited to its current format.

I'd much rather the quality stay consistently high than them pad out a series and watch the quality and people's affinity for the series suffer for it.

I agree with this. Gaf would inevitably just complain that it ruined the OVA potential.

Hy&#333;ka 1-6

First five episodes were pretty good. The mystery was interesting and I enjoyed watching it unfold. I'm not sure if that's all there is to it, but if it is, whatever.

I couldn't care less about episode 6. Mind-numbingly boring. An entire episode dedicated to why Chitanda got angry? Come on.

Yes episode 6 is the absolute worst. It gets a lot better though. Also Misaki arrives.

The girls in Shirobako are def designed to be cuter than the boys. It's not exactly above pandering to nerds, either. Their actual usage in the show is distant from the advertising, though, and I don't think it's a big deal.

What should be a big deal is that Shirobako continues modern anime's ignorance of proper noses and shading and as a result the quality of the designs are greatly diminished.

Just watched Monster for the first time recently and the one thing that definitely strikes you is how human the characters look compared to modern anime. It's a real shame.

tumblr_inline_mfm74pTLsf1r22oxu.jpg
Monster-Episode-51.jpg

Clov

For some reason I can't picture Yuri Kuma's dub going well at all. Ikuhara's shows have a track record when it comes to poor dubs, but asides from that I can't picture it working. Maybe it's the unique voiced sound effects, like the "Kuma Shock!" and "Yuri Amoure~" clips that I just can't picture in English. They could leave them untranslated, but that would be strange for Funi's audience, wouldn't it?

cajunator

Banned

It is exceptionally violent. Ive only watch a bit though. It starts out too slowly for my liking.

Anime-GAF Doing Anything on Feb 14?

working. What is February 14?

How the hell did I miss this thing the last few pages?!?

Urge to watch this show is higher now after seeing this.

Is that a good show? I read the synopsis and it sounded kind of interesting to me.

Unbreakable Machine Dolls has Yaya in it and she is adorable. Its not a show you should put above other things you want to watch but if you have spare time give it a view. It has some action and cuteness a unique art style, and is generally something a little different from the norm.
Did I mention Yaya is super cute?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3EMc5EFUYo
her voice is so hnnnnnng

Bunny Drop
I thought it was a lovely show about parenthood. So many heartwarming moments. It is definitely a lot more grounded than what I am used getting from anime. I personally loved the children picture book style look the show had. It had an addictively catchy intro too.

Lovely show. Absolutely heartwarming.

Just watched Monster for the first time recently and the one thing that definitely strikes you is how human the characters look compared to modern anime. It's a real shame.

One of the benefits of doing something in animation is that you don't have to use "realistic" character designs, but can go for a more stylized approach. There's room for all kinds of designs in anime. (Except 00's eroge character designs. Those can just disappear forever.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom