• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Seakano - 05

About to drop it ... while kato is a nice character overall , the rest of the cast just isn't on par..it's like they want to do drama , but then retract that idea at the last moment
I'm tired of this

that is getting really old yeah.
Also that looks like a Saikano scene, except with 200% less projectile blood vomiting.

chu~

Midonin

Aikatsu! Akari Generation 121

The exchange student program was going to come to an end eventually, and yes, Miyabi did don the Starlight Academy uniform. She looks pretty good in it, too, and I really enjoyed her dual performance with Sakura. The epitome of traditional Japanese beauty, at least according to this show. She's still in marketing, though, so I get the feeling she'll be returning before the show's over. Which means she still got more time in the spotlight than Kaede.

TheRancor

Thanks. I don't know why they went Jerusalem though for research. Seems like they should have gone to New York.

I'm also a bit surprised that the song in the PV is from the soundtrack. I thought for sure that was going to be the opening theme. Looks like they're going for vocal jazz instead of just instrumentals.
Really? I thought they meant parts of the soundtrack was recorded in Jerusalem.

@liborek3 said:

Shirobako 19

That B part and special ED, i just time traveled to 70-80s.
And Hiromasa Ogura actual involved this episode!
B27awAz.jpg

I guess this shot was made by him?
5eBikpl.jpg

And the new episode director in this episode is based on Takashi Ikehata(left one),He did many show, like the director of Taisho Baseball Girls, also he was one of episode director in Girls und Panzer.
6jWIawQ.jpg

y4mqeK5.jpg

Btw, Erika and Hiraoka have some kind of relationship?

Midonin

Shirobako 19

Now this is the kind of story I like to see. One that's more about hope and inspiration rather than Aoi being worn down by things. The past had its share of challenges, but like Aoi says, the future is still pretty bright. Learn your lessons, bring in the skills, and even something equivalent to KanColle can perhaps be made. After all, Andes Chucky looks like the kind of show that's usually overlooked by online anime circles, but is loved by kids - and it's clearly held in high regard. Most of all, this episode seems to confirm that art isn't something consciously made. Most of the time, art is something that happens. And that's what makes it great.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Shirobako Episode 19:

The lesson is indeed the more things change the more they stay the same. Also, am I the only one seeing potential spin-offs being created by the episode now?

Midonin

Saekano 06

An Utaha episode? Do tell. While I certainly share Utaha's passion for grand scale stories, I can see Mr. Ethical's point that not every story needs to aspire to that. The push and pull of the art world.

April 18

Rock on, Nagi.

jman2050

Shirobako 19

It was pretty funny watching this after the last couple days/weeks of Jex posting about that book on the history of anime and the various excerpts within. Indeed the more things change the more things stay the same.

Episode was great, the second half in particular was fantastic. Everyone involved in the production of this show is very obviously putting forth their years of experience and effort for everyone to observe and it's turning into quite the product, especially in the second cour.

Tokyo Ghoul √A - 07

Promising start with Kaneki getting a visit from Rize and Jason from a blood pool. It's so dark I can't determine if it's actually censoring or if it's some artistic 2deep4me enhancing bullshit.
Then when things start to get interesting we're back with the Coffee shop. Luckily Tsukiyama saves the day with his colorful behavior in this gray painting. Now I wouldn't say this episode was all that terrible, I also liked the Bridge scene with the chin.
It's 5 episodes left, good fucking luck making a good end out if it - unless there's a season 3 coming, and this season has served as some strange buildup.

Shirobako 19

Another amazing episode. I don't even know what to say about this show anymore other then it's great and the facial expressions in this episode were better then ever.
Does this episode confirm that Aoi has psychic powers once and for all?

Oh Jarmel got banned for saying God of War 3 and Ascension are bad?
That's a controversial statement? Ascension especially is pretty awful.

Fafner Dead Aggressor - Exodus - 07

HORRY SHEET!! This was a very brutal episode.

I was on the edge of my seat since the first minute.

I spoke too soon, everyone gets a free power boost, lame.

phaze

Really when are these fillers ending? Manga is done so just animate it to the end for fucks sake.

I thought and hoped it would only be one cour but given the pace of the last two episodes - it may very well last longer. They are barely at the start of the second phase with 7 episodes already spent on this.

some people questioned against mods, and then mods closed the thread.
Football thread was absolutely filled with some of the nicest, funniest people on GAF and some small minority ruined it for the rest of us.

Really succks :(

Oh Christ what have you done this time.

lol at the Pogba OT.

CDiggity

Shirobako 19

This show a testament to how good storytelling can make a good series great.

There is nothing that really stands out at a glance when looking at this show, save maybe the premise, but the way they present and execute the scenario makes an average looking show something special.

Patison

I just finished Steins;Gate and man, that was AMAZING! I can't remember last time when I was so addicted to a show! That was a second anime that I watched (previous one was Durarara, pretty enjoyable) and I'm almost afraid to start watching something else, because I won't like it as much as S;G...I'm thinking about Another, Ghost Hound or Death Parade look interesting!

Edit:Also heard that Death Note gets mediocre in second half, so I probably won't bother with this.

I just finished Steins;Gate and man, that was AMAZING! I can't remember last time when I was so addicted to a show! That was a second anime that I watched (previous one was Durarara, pretty enjoyable) and I'm almost afraid to start watching something else, because I won't like it as much as S;G...I'm thinking about Another, Ghost Hound or Death Parade look interesting!

I know some people who can't get passed the first 4 or 5 episodes and I always try to push them to keep watching. But nope... they think it's too slow/boring... but man does it get going. Steins;Gate is so damn good.

Also, I got my Toradora Blu-Ray earlier this week and also my Anohana Blu-ray. Now I have unopened Toradora Vol 1 and 2 on DVD that I can sell off haha.

Shirobako 19

Really nothing to say other then another amazing episode. Also it seems they outsourced the Andes Chucky scenes to a studio in Vietnam, which makes sense since I doubt there is anywhere in Japan that uses Cels anymore.

Stay away from Another, unless you can watch it as an unintentional 'comedy' show.

Might as well round it off at 500 episodes at this point.

It's really bizarre.=/

I thought and hoped it would only be one cour but given the pace of the last two episodes - it may very well last longer. They are barely at the start of the second phase with 7 episodes already spent on this.
Damn. Well it seems my break from it will continue. Got traumatized by fillers in Naruto back in when they were still airing the original series. So baaad.

Patison

I know some people who can't get passed the first 4 or 5 episodes and I always try to push them to keep watching. But nope... they think it's too slow/boring... but man does it get going. Steins;Gate is so damn good.

Also, I got my Toradora Blu-Ray earlier this week and also my Anohana Blu-ray. Now I have unopened Toradora Vol 1 and 2 on DVD that I can sell off haha.

Yup, I don't understand it either, and I have friends saying same things. I was engrossed since first minute and I absolutely LOVED Okarin character and how stupid he appeared to be, couldn't get enough of him!

Yup, I don't understand it either, and I have friends saying same things. I was engrossed since first minute and I absolutely LOVED Okarin character and how stupid he appeared to be, couldn't get enough of him!

I know someone who doesn't like the characters at all.

duckroll

Shirobako 19

Really nothing to say other then another amazing episode. Also it seems they outsourced the Andes Chucky scenes to a studio in Vietnam, which makes sense since I doubt there is anywhere in Japan that uses Cels anymore.

??????

Are you talking about the ending sequence? It was produced entirely by PA Works.

VTGLcaC.jpg

Dynedom

Fafner Dead Aggressor - Exodus - 07

HORRY SHEET!! This was a very brutal episode.

I was on the edge of my seat since the first minute.

I spoke too soon, everyone gets a free power boost, lame.

Ehhh
I'm pretty sure everyone is now on borrowed time, or even lower borrowed time (if we assumed that piloting a Fafner already reduces your lifespan.

Sein and Nicht have some sweet-ass designs though.

Midonin

Katanagatari 05

♫We're cruel and vicious pirate men
As hard and tough as brass
By far the fearsomest buccaneers to ever walk on grass
♫

Togame, Togame. "Cheerio!" is your catchphrase. Own up to it. It makes you cute. The hot springs scene tastefully didn't show much, but it did emphasize how, after the battle with Yoroi that Shichika is slowly learning how to be more than just a human weapon - good for him. We even had a battle where nobody died! Captain there got rejected, but that happens to everybody at some point. I'm liking the series, but I want to hear more about that book Togame's writing.

/XX/

So yeah, just saw the PVs for Punch Line. I have my doubts, but I know MAPPA will make it look good.
If all rumours about the involved staff come true this will be more like a 'secret TRIGGER Inc., show' than a MAPPA's one. :p

Not that I trust some of them, specially those referring to the heavy presence on this project of the ex-trainees & TRIGGER newbies now that LWA second part is confirmed in actual production.

Football thread was absolutely filled with some of the nicest, funniest people on GAF and some small minority ruined it for the rest of us.

I don't know why, but I always thought that if for some reason FootyGAF imploded again it would be because of some drama involving pulga... well, a very anti-climatic end this is!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

Wait, soccer-GAF got NBA'd? You'd think all the sports threads would be more careful after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom