• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Shirobako 19

If fucking Hiraoka gets a redemption episode before Tarou, I'm going to be pretty disappointed.

I'd think that would be hilarious. Hiraoka seems like he'd be more than competent if he actually cared to do his work properly, we'll see if Yano has an effect on him or not.

Saekano 6

I didn't particularly care about Utaha before, but this episode made me like her a little more, especially the undertones of the whole script discussion with Tomoya.

Megumi still needed only a minute to continue proving her status as best girl.

Mushi-Shi - 10

Man, oh man is this show creative.

I mean, we've gone from moving swamps to moving rainbows to clouds hiding in inkstones that causes people to start freezing when it's used!

It does a really good job of keeping things fresh while still following a formula of sorts (supernatural thing happens, Ginko says a mushi's doing it, rest of the episode is figuring out how to deal with said mushi).

duckroll

Snow White with the Red Hair

aK9jR9Z.jpg

Staff:
Director: Masahiro Ando (Sword of the Stranger)
Series Composition: Deko Akao (Noragami)
Character Design: Kumiko Takahashi (Ouran High School Host Club)
Music: Michiru Oshima (Fullmetal Alchemist)
Animation Production: BONES

Cast:
Snow White: Saori Hayami
Zen: Ryota Osaka

Summer 2015

Manga synopsis:
Shirayuki is a young woman born with unique apple-red hair. After catching word about her hair, Prince Raji sends orders for her to become his concubine. With nowhere else to go, Shirayuki cuts her hair and escapes to a neighboring country. While traversing through the forests, she meets a young man, Zen, who helps her after she boldly cures his wounds. He soon, however, becomes poisoned by an apple meant for Shirayuki. What will happen to Shirayuki? What is Zen’s true character? A refreshing fantasy story between an optimistic heroine and a prince who constantly stays on her watch.

Staff:

Cast:

Summer 2015

Manga synopsis:
Shirayuki is a young woman born with unique apple-red hair. After catching word about her hair, Prince Raji sends orders for her to become his concubine. With nowhere else to go, Shirayuki cuts her hair and escapes to a neighboring country. While traversing through the forests, she meets a young man, Zen, who helps her after she boldly cures his wounds. He soon, however, becomes poisoned by an apple meant for Shirayuki. What will happen to Shirayuki? What is Zen’s true character? A refreshing fantasy story between an optimistic heroine and a prince who constantly stays on her watch.

Huh. Well, it has to be better than Zetsuen no Tempest at least, right?

survivor

Banned

Staff:

Cast:
Oh nice, they gonna adapt the Snow White manga. One of the few shoujo not centered around high school that was decent. Good staff behind it too.

duckroll

Huh. Well, it has to be better than Zetsuen no Tempest at least, right?

Ando directing a fantasy shoujo series at BONES adapted by the Noragami anime writer with the Ouran character designer and music by Oshima sure sounds like it has to be better than Zetsuen on paper at least. My question is... where the fuck is my Under the Dog?! :p

Instro

Staff:

Cast:

Summer 2015

Manga synopsis:

Bones is the best.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Ando directing a fantasy shoujo series at BONES adapted by the Noragami anime writer with the Ouran character designer and music by Oshima sure sounds like it has to be better than Zetsuen on paper at least. My question is... where the fuck is my Under the Dog?! :p
Bleh, guess I'll watch.

Mushishi 16

This was a little too familiar...

I actually know someone who left his wife that was suffering from Alzheimer's and found a new girlfriend before his wife passed on. Their son was mad.

This episode was really depressing.

Quasar

We did get a new update last week, saying its in production.

I'm just sad this writer is working on this rather than Noragami S2.

TheRancor

Staff:

Cast:

Summer 2015

Manga synopsis:
Michiru Oshima? Nice.

Quasar

Just listened to the last ANnCast. They just sold me on Jupiter Rising by pitching it as a grand live action sf shojo. First time AnnCast has sold me on anything. Usually its the reverse.

BluWacky

from what i remember it's decent but kinda boring?

This is how I remember the series from what little I read. What the synopsis doesn't tell you is that much of the story is about (mild spoilers for premise)
Shirayuki working as a pharmacist/doctor, with plot arcs constructed around disease outbreaks and so forth

With that said, it's nice to see promising staff and a good studio tackle a long-running shoujo manga. I didn't keep up with Akatsuki no Yona as I felt that it was rather underserved by Studio Pierrot (also hoo boy is that story as slow as molasses to get going), for instance.

Your Lie In April 18

Even during what might be the best episode of the show, the awful humor has to ruin the mood and tone. Even so, when this is focused on actual performances it's enjoyable. Miss shiny shiny taking a backseat was the best thing to happen.

I don't know what paper you have but I don't see that as positive...

Mature

Staff:

Cast:

Summer 2015

Manga synopsis:
Wow, I have no idea what to make of this.

wonzo

Banned

Staff:

Cast:

Summer 2015

hey look its a BONES staff list worth gettin hyped over

really underwhelming outside of the last one tbh

rrvv

Every time I see BONES and Duckroll in same post. I cannot help my self to think the anime will be disappointment

Hayate the Combat Butler OVA Volume A-C

For quick reference, my Hayate season rankings are like this. S1 > Cuties > Eyes > S2. Not sure where the movie falls, and these OVAs are in the upper half of that, if only for the momentary return of Wakamoto. And the first season opening. Lots of good memories there.

The characters are in the same patterns I expect from them, and the overall tone of these hits pretty close to Cuties. Not quite as off the wall as the first season, but it's not as serious as the other two. Maria and Ayumu got their chances to shine, there was Nagi being an anime nerd, some classic lit references. Everything I'd expect from more Hayate.

Nods at this ranking
We seem to have similar tastes , so i guess for you the movie will be right between Cuties and Eyes.

Hayate no gotoku is a blend of endless comedy while still telling an actual plot. Aside from a few moments it doesn't need to be really serious.
I just don't understand WHY after 4 season nobody managed to reproduce that manga feeling.
Their best attempt was Eyes but it was way too serious and less entertaining and while S1 and cuties are good on the comedy department , i miss that serious sub plot feeling.
Eyes & cuties in particular cannot be enjoyed fully unless you've read the manga... it's quite bizarre.

Pooya

Staff:

Cast:

Summer 2015

Manga synopsis:

I can't imagine this having much action with that synopsis.

edit: looking up some manga panels, this looks too shoujo shoujo.

phaze

I don't know what paper you have but I don't see that as positive...

I thought that the f̶i̶l̶l̶e̶r̶ tfu anime original material was actually the strongest part of the show. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tokyo Ghoul Root A 07

Someone finally reacts appropriately to the "I want to protect my friends" bullshit.

Underwhelming episode but I really liked the Hinami-centric ED. After a weak previous showing, Ishida really put a shift in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom