• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2015 |OT| ZA WARUDO is not square!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuck

Almost done with the first Season Of Log Horizon.

Really hating this "little gril has a crush on the main character" plot it's going into. This wasn't supposed to be like Sword Art Online =(
Please tell me they get over it in a few chapters and never mention it again.

Yeah that aspect of the show is really annoying. Shiroe has like five different girls crushing on him.

But the bigger issue I have with the romance in that show is that many of the girls are super young and crushing on guys that appear to be much older. Like the cat guy, holy shit I hate that ship.

Also, Minori is terrible.

1424278157435etpo9.jpg
1424278269734ygrvh.jpg

Some shitty battle happened that I nodded off to once or twice besides the stuck up little girl turning into a moeblob after calling Basara onii-chan.

There was also some shota fanservice and him getting a first person view of marshmallow heaven.

Speaking of which.

ALL THAT PLOT! NSFW

Goddamn!

This is the type of stuff I expect to see from Xebec with their love of healthy girls.

Gundam Build Fighters Try 19

Team Build Busters made the quarterfinals!!!!!!!!

I hope we finally get a SekaiSakai duel. Ive been waiting all anime for the possibility. The thought just gives me the shivers. It would be the most exciting event in Gundam.

Juu-nii was great. Probably third best fight thus far in the entire franchise. He's the type of antagonist the show has needed for many episodes. Someone who really pushes Sekai to the limits and has a great motive and personality. Enjoyed him immensely.

Parasyte 19

Otherwise - zzzzzz. Investigator coming to the school for Shinichi was such a weird scene.

God, I'm glad I'm not the only one that felt like the way that scene played out was just super awkward. Literally a random old guy rolls up onto school grounds and starts yelling unintelligible nonsense into the air around him. I can't think of a less effective means to getting Shinichi to do what he wanted him to do. And the reaction from female protagonist? Just lol.

Mr.Jeff

Aha. Sounds bad living underground though :p
The common idea is that the gnomes are all so small since they feel the effects of gravity more due to their job.
There's probably major things wrong with that but anime thinking I guess.

Samurai Flamenco - 08
For all that this show is trying to shoehorn the absurd into reality, why does no-one stop to ask any fucking questions?!

John Blade

Just got my recent catch. The complete You`re under arrest season 1 TV series, the movie, and the Japanese live action show (for free). Miss the short mini series sale. Still, a show I am kinda interested and trying to get them in my collection so I can start watching them.

Just got my recent catch. The complete You`re under arrest season 1 TV series, the movie, and the Japanese live action show (for free). Miss the short mini series sale. Still, a show I am kinda interested and trying to get them in my collection so I can start watching them.

Nice. I should watch it sometime to...

Mr. RHC

I finished watching The Eccentric Family. I gotta hand it to you, Anime-GAF, you have good taste. Love the catchy OP. In fact it's pretty good at everything, so.

Parasyte 19

Lol at the police chief dude going to school. And if one more anime character reiterates that "I want to be a normal high school student" I will flip a fucking table.

Midonin

Katanagatari 04

Lesson one. Don't trifle with Nanami. Nakahara was channeling her Rena voice at more than a few points there. The second lesson is not to expect the expected with Nisio Isin.
Having the entire battle relayed secondhand and kept to only a preview seems like misdirection
, and was misdirection... but is misdirection a bad thing? If a writer can plant a few red herrings that throw the audience off the trail but invite speculation, they have some talent. (Also, a battle like that would've eaten all of the budget.) What does Nanami's battle with the Insect Squad reveal about what's to come with Shichika? The Mainwani look to have some good intentions, and it revealed that Shichika does have a weakness beneath his near-invincible repertoire of moves. Cheerio!

e_i

It looks like the Funimation dubs on Twitch is fucked. AssassClass's dub is up for Elite Members though. Watching now.

HUM i'm actually jealous right now...

I think i've discovered a new feeling as a human.

Katanagatari 04

Lesson one. Don't trifle with Nanami. Nakahara was channeling her Rena voice at more than a few points there. The second lesson is not to expect the expected with Nisio Isin.
Having the entire battle relayed secondhand and kept to only a preview seems like misdirection
, and was misdirection... but is misdirection a bad thing? If a writer can plant a few red herrings that throw the audience off the trail but invite speculation, they have some talent. (Also, a battle like that would've eaten all of the budget.) What does Nanami's battle with the Insect Squad reveal about what's to come with Shichika? The Mainwani look to have some good intentions, and it revealed that Shichika does have a weakness beneath his near-invincible repertoire of moves. Cheerio!

Non, this is just a classic case of nisio trolling with people expectations.

Assassination Classroom Episode 1: Assassination Time EngDub

Isogai sounds odd, doesnt sound like he is class represenative material, baffling choice. Maehara sounds great, Terasaka sounds incredibly attractive (perfect), and Sugino is great. I think it will take awhile getting used to Karasuma sensei, I expected him to sound a bit differently since he is pretty epic leader and teacher.

Better than most of their dubs. Next death parade.

Yeah that aspect of the show is really annoying. Shiroe has like five different girls crushing on him.

But the bigger issue I have with the romance in that show is that many of the girls are super young and crushing on guys that appear to be much older. Like the cat guy, holy shit I hate that ship.

Also, Minori is terrible.
I'd have more issues with the Serara situation if it wasn't for the fact that Nyanta seems to just be humoring her and it feels one sided on her part

e_i

AssassClass episode 1 English dub

Not bad. Nagisa is voiced by a woman is expected, but the voice is deep enough since Nagisa is a boy. Koro-sensei's voice is great, the VA handles Koro-sensei's whimascile voice expecially
when he gets angry in the first episode.

Tonight I start Himegoto on MikeHattsu's recommendation.

If it's 20+ episodes it'll take me 6 months ;o

Thirteen 4 minute episodes? Couple weeks tops :D

Assassination Classroom Dub 1

Sonny Strait makes a great koro sensei, and Nagisa's VA did a good job with him too even if he was left to mostly expo dump this episode.

Midonin

Non, this is just a classic case of nisio trolling with people expectations.
Trolling/misdirection can still be used to good ends, or to make a point. It can be a conscious element of a story like any other. Maybe it was done just for fun - since I checked, and it was like this in the original novels too - but the next question to ask is "Why?"

And from there, greater understanding can be attained.

John Blade

Just finish watching Ah My Goddess! The Movie. Will need to let it sink in for a bit before I can make an impression. Now, I have done finish watching the entire Ah my Goddess franchise show. Time for the next show which is Witch Hunter Robin. Never see the show yet and will watch it even if it`s good or bad. So...dub or sub here.

Death Parade Episode 1 Death Seven Darts (engdub)

Episode is so weak compared to the stay at home young adult and mother episode/and the last episode.

Bland funidub overall, but much of the regular death parade cast needs to be shown.

Kancolle - 07

Godness if something else had happenned to shoukaku i would have DROPPED this anime and went to scream my rage on the internet.

But that didn't happen. Instead i got a pretty good episode.
So many yuri pairing in this anime !! SO many !!

Ps: lol at the 1 sec of the shadow of the admiral running the base ..thoughtfull , kancolle comitee !!!

Well this episode is Kinda Coral sea, so Shoukaku end up okay, just injured

First Wo playing Lexington role, second Wo-flagship playing Yorktown role, feels like that
jMdzsXR.jpg

WzHQMYa.jpg

Busaiku

Assassination Classroom 1 (Funimation)
Not feeling this as much. A lot of the voices felt off.
Sonny Strait was great though.

Death Parade 1 (Funimation)
Now this was awesome.
Why was I not checking it out before.
Regardless, I'll be watching every Wednesday for sure.

Nordicus

So I guess Gundam Build Fighters decided to make an Ippo reference? Saw this gif
Dempsey Roll is one thing, but this is almost Ippo's whole signature pattern. That's amazing. I wonder if there was a feint as well?

Gaiking: Legend of Daiku Maryu - 7

W-Wow. I legit wasn't expecting THAT to happen.

So one of your usual "honourable soldier" villains challenges Daiya, to which the two fight. It essentially ends in a draw due to interference from a general, but the two promise to fight again, and there's even a hint of small respect in the guy's voice as he leaves.

Then the guy's higher-up kills him for failure.

Like wow, I was expecting a rivalry of some kind to develop, but looks like that's not going to be the case now.

I'm honestly interested to see where they'll go with this.

About to start Tenchi Muyo! Tenchi Universe, it's been at least 7 years since I watched the 3 OVA's that came before this. Lets see how this goes...
Oavs will always be the superior material in my eyes.

Well this episode is Kinda Coral sea, so Shoukaku end up okay, just injured
I'm ready to file a worldwide motion to change history if the need arise !!

Just finish watching Ah My Goddess! The Movie. Will need to let it sink in for a bit before I can make an impression. Now, I have done finish watching the entire Ah my Goddess franchise show. Time for the next show which is Witch Hunter Robin. Never see the show yet and will watch it even if it`s good or bad. So...dub or sub here.
Seen the "mini godess" serie as well ? i think it was really funny .
I think The movie was very well done with some nice songs and good animation.
Not a fan of some parts of the story but overall it's a movie i can watch with good vibes.

Trolling/misdirection can still be used to good ends, or to make a point. It can be a conscious element of a story like any other. Maybe it was done just for fun - since I checked, and it was like this in the original novels too - but the next question to ask is "Why?"

And from there, greater understanding can be attained.

I think that was anime only ...

John Blade

Seen the "mini godess" serie as well ? i think it was really funny .
I think The movie was very well done with some nice songs and good animation.
Not a fan of some parts of the story but overall it's a movie i can watch with good vibes.

Yup, saw the mini goddess and just bought the DVD for my collection (you know you`re a fan of the series if you bought something from the side story). Might re watch it on Japanese dub next time.

For the movie, I will let it sink in a bit so won`t say my impression till later this week (like to think about it and analyze what I watch).

For now, I will say this. Ah My Goddess The movie was something I put it last on the list of what to see from Ah My goddess franchise mostly from some people say about it. I love the music in the movie which still sound nice even today and it`s on my MP3 to listen to at work. For animation, it look beautiful in certain area and you can see they did spend some more time on it.

After finish the movie, my expectation and maybe fear was adjusted a bit either in better or worst in some area. I guess from what I heard, my expectation was a bit too high in some area (can`t blame me as I was thinking something more than it need to be). Still, just watch the movie from beginning to end, it`s still a good movie to watch. I might consider to either read the manga or start the OVA to have some idea before you jump into this movie. Will write more a bit later this week.

Midonin

I think that was anime only ...
The reviews of the book on Amazon mention that it went down the exact same way as in the anime - Nanami's battle was the primary focus, and the actual battle with Hari was never shown on screen/page. And when printing on paper, budget isn't a concern. So again, I ask - "Why?"

Hopefully I'll figure out the answer to that over the next few days.

Yup, saw the mini goddess and just bought the DVD for my collection (you know you`re a fan of the series if you bought something from the side story). Might re watch it on Japanese dub next time.

For the movie, I will let it sink in a bit so won`t say my impression till later this week (like to think about it and analyze what I watch).

For now, I will say this. Ah My Goddess The movie was something I put it last on the list of what to see from Ah My goddess franchise mostly from some people say about it. I love the music in the movie which still sound nice even today and it`s on my MP3 to listen to at work. For animation, it look beautiful in certain area and you can see they did spend some more time on it.

After finish the movie, my expectation and maybe fear was adjusted a bit either in better or worst in some area. I guess from what I heard, my expectation was a bit too high in some area (can`t blame me as I was thinking something more than it need to be). Still, just watch the movie from beginning to end, it`s still a good movie to watch. I might consider to either read the manga or start the OVA to have some idea before you jump into this movie. Will write more a bit later this week.

Ahj my godess is a special franchise for me ..it's one of the first few things i've watched in japanese ( anime related ) i'm a fan ever since.
I've got all the manga volumes so far , a very big VHS collection , the mini godess dvds, the movie dvds , all the specials , the oavs , the serie ..
THE PS2 game ( completed 100% )
And some artbooks.
I consider my collection to be complete.(even when i'm missing some stuff from the time the TV anime was out but that shit can't be bough now no matter how hard i try)
Now if someone could re-release some of this stuff in blu-ray i would buy it too .

The reviews of the book on Amazon mention that it went down the exact same way as in the anime - Nanami's battle was the primary focus, and the actual battle with Hari was never shown on screen/page. And when printing on paper, budget isn't a concern. So again, I ask - "Why?"

Hopefully I'll figure out the answer to that over the next few days.

i was mistaken then..and as for your question , the answer is " because "

Hello Anime Gaf! I'm looking for any comedy or light hearted anime recommendations. I marathoned Nichijou before it was taken off Crunchyroll, and... that's really the only comedy anime I've watched.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom