• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Celebrating the New Year and PSO2's release in the west!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TUSR

Banned
I agree 100%.

I doubt I'll be able to watch Kizu this season but still it'll be nice to read the impressions and seeing people finally understand the first couple of minutes in Bakemonogatari. lol

Unless I fly somewhere, I won't be able to catch Kizu in theaters. I live in a smallish Canadian city, and the road conditions are too awful to drive to see the movie like I did for Boruto.

Line_HTX

We'll know soon.

------------

Season doesn't look that bad to be honest, I'm expecting some gems like Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu.

And by the way, is there some abbreviation of that name. I'm not gonna remember that lol :p

Nice colorful hair she has, lol

I completely missed that, actually. It sounds rather interesting, at least more so than the other two I mentioned. It being an all-too-rare josei certainly makes it more appealing.

Speaking of Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu, just found a lengthier version of Megumi Hayashibara's OP song than what was included in the latest trailer. It sounds really cool; I hope Hatakeyama directs as striking a visual sequence for it as he did for Rozen Maiden!

Russ T

Banned
Wow, that is a really nice OP.

Good job BGBW.

So, quite a few people are saying this is a down season, and winter typically is.

What show are you guys looking forward to the most though?

I'm hoping Dimension W and Grimgar are interesting.

Plenty of people also said that about the fall season, and that had a bunch of winners!

New Stuff:

Erased
Kizumonogatari
Koyomimonogatari
Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash
Prince of Stride: Alternative
Sekkou Boys
Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu

Old/Returning Stuff:

Durarara!!x2 Ketsu
Haikyuu!! 2
Osomatsu-san
Assassination Classroom 2
GATE 2

Stuff I'll Probably Try Because It's Been Mentioned More Than Once:

Dimension W
Sushi Police

Granted, Assassination Classroom and GATE I'm not expecting to be anything fantastic, but I enjoyed the first seasons well enough. But all that New Stuff will be good! Except for possibly Grimgar, which might be nothing but pretty art, and Sekkou Boys, which is a funny concept, but could get old fast.

TUSR

Banned
This season looks great:
LmQBghV.gif
KyoAni sakuga

duckroll

I thought Prince of Stride Alternative was going to be about all boys runners competing for the heart of a lone girl fan/observer/manager or something. But looking at the official site a bit, it looks like the lead girl is actually a newbie on the main team herself? And one of the opposing school teams has a tomboy as their club leader? That's kinda... interesting.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Is PSO2 really getting a western release???

I thought Prince of Stride Alternative was going to be about all boys runners competing for the heart of a lone girl fan/observer/manager or something. But looking at the official site a bit, it looks like the lead girl is actually a newbie on the main team herself? And one of the opposing school teams has a tomboy as their club leader? That's kinda... interesting.

Hmm you don't say. That may actually make me check this out.

Russ T

Banned

Last I heard she was the manager? Maybe?

We talked about this in the last thread because I was confused and thought she was on the team, and someone corrected me.

We talked about this in the last thread because I was confused and thought she was on the team, and someone corrected me.
She seems to be the manager but if people think the show will be anything besides a reverse harem that's hoping for too much. I'll wait and see but don't expect much

JCG

It's a shame the description for Active Raid wasn't made less unnecessarily passive-aggressive, but I guess that's life.

Russ T

Banned
Someone tell me why Rory Mercury is the only 1000 year old dragon I don't hate and, in fact, like.

I think it's because she never acts like a young girl. She acts like a crazy axe-wielding death priestess.

BluWacky

She seems to be the manager but if people think the show will be anything besides a reverse harem that's hoping for too much. I'll wait and see but don't expect much

I rather got the impression from the key art that they were going to go down the BL slashy route with the two male leads, although I can see the website is laid out more for a harem series.

She's definitely the manager - girls can't do EXTREME PARKOUR RELAY RUNNING in the universe of Prince of Stride, apparently. Her job title is "Relaytioner" - apparently in the otome game this comes from it's her job to make sure that the boys get to the right place to hand over the baton. She also has magic telepathic powers to encourage the boys on... or something... perhaps that element won't make it into the TV show.

It may well be those elements have been changed; certainly the game doesn't seem to start with Riku being co-opted to join the club in the same way. But I've already spent a good ten minutes reading up on this show and that's more than I think it really deserved :p

Defuser

Someone tell me why Rory Mercury is the only 1000 year old dragon I don't hate and, in fact, like.

I think it's because she never acts like a young girl. She acts like a crazy axe-wielding death priestess.
Well thats because she's not a dragon? lol
And Taneda Risa, her voice is sultry.

duckroll

Okay I looked into it a bit more and it seems like.... the concept of this sport is weird as fuck. It's some made up videogamey concept of running which has no basis in actual reality? The girl is some sort of tactical overseer called a Relationer or something, which at first glance I thought was some technical position in a relay race, but instead the set up seems to be a team of 5 runners competing in a complex relay race throughout the town (so... street racing except on foot instead of with cars?!) and the Relationer is the one who gives each runner directions and oversees the team's overall strategy of passing and so on.

Sure sounds like..... a videogame.... lol.

Russ T

Banned
Well thats because she's not a dragon? lol
And Taneda Risa, her voice is sultry.

Yes but you know what I mean when I say that.

She does have a great voice.

Okay I looked into it a bit more and it seems like.... the concept of this sport is weird as fuck. It's some made up videogamey concept of running which has no basis in actual reality? The girl is some sort of tactical overseer called a Relationer or something, which at first glance I thought was some technical position in a relay race, but instead the set up seems to be a team of 5 runners competing in a complex relay race throughout the town (so... street racing except on foot instead of with cars?!) and the Relationer is the one who gives each runner directions and oversees the team's overall strategy of passing and so on.

Sure sounds like..... a videogame.... lol.

...Huh. Yeah this whole time I just assumed it was regular relay racing. Well, that's... something.

JCG

For this season, I will be watching Ajin, Dimension W, Assassination Classroom 2, ERASED and Active Raid. Other series I'll at least try to check out include Bubuki Buranki, Divine Gate, Grimgar and Sushi Police. Everything else will depend on multiple positive impressions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom