• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Celebrating the New Year and PSO2's release in the west!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russ T

Banned
I don't get the dragon joke.

I'm pretty happy that Rory sounds just like Erina-sama.

;P

Huh, I just assumed it was common parlance on these forums at this point because I see it everywhere. It's the 1000 year old dragon loli character from Fire Emblem: Awakening. It's shortcut for that trope. Which Rory fits, because she's centuries old or whatever, but has eternally looked like a young girl.

TUSR

Banned
Huh, I just assumed it was common parlance on these forums at this point because I see it everywhere. It's the 1000 year old dragon loli character from Fire Emblem: Awakening. It's shortcut for that trope. Which Rory fits, because she's centuries old or whatever, but has eternally looked like a young girl.
destroy.

Okay I looked into it a bit more and it seems like.... the concept of this sport is weird as fuck. It's some made up videogamey concept of running which has no basis in actual reality? The girl is some sort of tactical overseer called a Relationer or something, which at first glance I thought was some technical position in a relay race, but instead the set up seems to be a team of 5 runners competing in a complex relay race throughout the town (so... street racing except on foot instead of with cars?!) and the Relationer is the one who gives each runner directions and oversees the team's overall strategy of passing and so on.

Sure sounds like..... a videogame.... lol.

from the trailer I first thought it was hardcore parkour the anime

wvpbi3n.gif

and if it's not, I've lost all interest.

I was correct in believing that the new OT would go up when I was asleep.

Also the season selections don't have Lupin or DRRR? For shame, BGBW.

Yes I am aware Lupin technically isn't a winter show. But we're only getting it legally now so...yeah

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
My life is a reverse harem.

I fall in love with everyone I meet and get none in return.

I wasn't in charge of show selection, the community was. Blame them for I am blameless.

Ascheroth

On the one hand, Prince of Stride has the benefit to be the first of the new shows that airs. On the other hand, the show that held this place last season was Lances and Lolis and I want those 20 minutes of my life back.

Sooooo... Will the thirst for something new get the better of me or will I be able to persist and wait it out for impressions?

Yes I am aware Lupin technically isn't a winter show. But we're only getting it legally now so...yeah

BGBW did nothing wrong!

JCG

Sorry, I tried to get it edited to make it seem less pessimistic. If the show turns out to be stellar, I'll try again.

Maybe I should ask you to watch Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle to make up for that. :p

Just kidding. Don't worry too much. If the show is an entertaining action comedy, which is fairly likely, then some people will eventually come around to giving it a shot.

The dead DRRR OT probably shows how little interest in DRRR there is on this site :(

I just want my last 3 episodes of God Eater to tide me over until the games drop this summer. That's all I want. Make them 50 something minutes long too, just like those first few UBW episodes. Tl

Wow, that is a really nice OP.

Good job BGBW.

So, quite a few people are saying this is a down season, and winter typically is.

What show are you guys looking forward to the most though?

I'm hoping Dimension W and Grimgar are interesting.

I have learned that every season begins as a down season and ends as a pretty good season, almost without fail. :l

There are a ton of shows I'm interested in this time around. Phantom World, Prince of Stride, HaruChick, Dagashi Kashi, the conclusion of Iron Blooded Orphans, whether or not Utawarerumuno will somehow manage to live up to its series, etc.

Prince of Stride Alternative 1

This was great! The flamboyance of the direction, art style, music, sound effects, animation, characters: it all comes together really well. With the copious use of English and the hard electronic soundtrack, it's clear they're going for a cool urban vibe here, and it's pretty successful at doing that. The depiction of Stride here reminds me of the opening of Redline in its exhilarating depiction of mind-bending speed.

Definitely a promising start. I am hopeful that this will be both the first good otome game adaptation and the first good Atsuko Ishizuka series. (Hanayamata is OK aside from being too J-drama, but I'm already liking this way more.)

Line_HTX

Prince of Stride Alternative 1

This was great! The flamboyance of the direction, art style, music, sound effects, animation, characters: it all comes together really well. With the copious use of English and the hard electronic soundtrack, it's clear they're going for a cool urban vibe here, and it's pretty successful at doing that. The depiction of Stride here reminds me of the opening of Redline in its exhilarating depiction of mind-bending speed.

Definitely a promising start. I am hopeful that this will be both the first good otome game adaptation and the first good Atsuko Ishizuka series. (Hanayamata is OK aside from being too J-drama, but I'm already liking this way more.)

Was interested, but now you caught my attention.

Burbeting

Banned
I haven't watched anything in six months (HXH2011 binge watching in two weeks can do that...), but Assassination Classroom's second season is finally pulling me back in.

phaze

Are the Drrr novels even finished ? (I'm going to imagine it's a no) But if they are, is anime going to get to that end with this last cour or is this novel ending still far, far away ?

I dropped it after the first cour but if there is some progress on Celty front, I might just bite again. ;_;

Defuser

Are the Drrr novels even finished ? (I'm going to imagine it's a no) But if they are, is anime going to get to that end with this last cour or is this novel ending still far, far away ?

I dropped it after the first cour but if there is some progress on Celty front, I might just bite again. ;_;

This season DRRR! is considered to be 'final' of the novel. Durarara!! SH is a sequel LN novel which takes place after DRRR one and a half years later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom