• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Konosuba S2 ep.3
ffcKdzu.jpg

C'mon, Kazuma, explain to us what you were doing next to Aqua, lolololol

Oh Aqua, Kazuma really, REALLY hates you, lol. Lots of good laughs in this adventurous episode, too bad they drank it all away, lol.

A channel I'm subscribed to put up this video essay, Miyazaki, Lineage, and Depth today and I wanted to share it. It concerns the more aesthetic and economic nature of anime directing over the years, and it's narrated by a Dr. Thomas Lamarre, author of the Anime Machine if anyone is familiar.

The youtube channel itself also has my recommendation if you're into video essays.

KraytarJ

MaiDragon 3
How the F can Kobayashi suddenly afford to move from a tiny 1 bedroom place to a spacious 3 bedroom space while supporting 2 dragons? She must be loaded or something.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
MaiDragon 3
How the F can Kobayashi suddenly afford to move from a tiny 1 bedroom place to a spacious 3 bedroom space while supporting 2 dragons? She must be loaded or something.
Yeah this was the weirdest part. She can actually support a household of 3 despite living in a tiny ass apartment. Maybe she's actually pretty well off, and just shrewd? I mean it does look like she's working in some kind of software development position.

Quasar

Bummed to hear Ray announce her retirement from music. I rather liked a number of her songs. Only 5 years. Makes me wonder how many other J-Pop singers who get exposed on anime finish their careers off quickly. I suspect a lot, just that Ray has enough of a profile to warrant its reporting in the west.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Forgetting the fact that the kugiloli isn't a loli but probably a 20-something actress trying to do her best Kugimiya impression and Nodoka doesn't have giant breasts, the Saki designs really don't work in real life. lol

c5gV8tPl.jpg

YGbAcrrl.jpg

iO5uQ6Yl.png

Tr87CVll.jpg

CS8C8i0.jpg

bn2hCbDl.jpg

The last one in particular just looks creepy instead of endearing. lol

(And yes, that's Japanese lighting for you!)

Sterok

Kobayashi's Maid Dragon 3

So Kobayashi has enough money to suddenly support two more people and move to a much bigger apartment? Uh huh. Tohru learns how you're supposed to deal with difficult neighbors. Her friends are nice. I don't care for Dark Souls, but being able to pause there bugged even me. Such an epic fail.

Jintor

MaiDragon 3

Yeah this was the weirdest part. She can actually support a household of 3 despite living in a tiny ass apartment. Maybe she's actually pretty well off, and just shrewd? I mean it does look like she's working in some kind of software development position.

Actually I thought the weirdest part was that Kobayashi's 1dk apartment actually seemed fairly large...

Forgetting the fact that the kugiloli isn't a loli but probably a 20-something actress trying to do her best Kugimiya impression and Nodoka doesn't have giant breasts, the Saki designs really don't work in real life. lol

Did you watch episode two? She's well-endowed at least.

But I can agree with you about the designs.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Did you watch episode two? She's well-endowed at least.
Not yet, I just decided to watch the special since I wanted to see what it was.
I watched episode 1 though, and they have the moment where Saki thinks she has big breasts, but... well, it wasn't like the anime to say the least. lol

Forgetting the fact that the kugiloli isn't a loli but probably a 20-something actress trying to do her best Kugimiya impression and Nodoka doesn't have giant breasts, the Saki designs really don't work in real life.

That's pretty typical for Japanese live-action adaptations of manga properties. They often try to make the actors look as close as possible to the original designs, even when that leads to looking like the cosplay corner at some anime convention. It's pretty painful to watch.

The last one in particular just looks creepy instead of endearing. lol

(And yes, that's Japanese lighting for you!)
I told ya'll that shit wouldn't translate over to live action. The most skilled and interesting Saki characters are too damn quirky.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
That's pretty typical for Japanese live-action adaptations of manga properties. They often try to make the actors look as close as possible to the original designs, even when that leads to looking like the cosplay corner at some anime convention. It's pretty painful to watch.
Yeah, I was kind of hoping that it would be okay since it's somewhat "realistic" since it's just MJ, but I guess the characters are still to out there..

I told ya'll that shit wouldn't translate over to live action. The most skilled and interesting Saki characters are too damn quirky.
The more normal girls look fine I guess, except that they all look way too old.

Cornbread78

Twin Star Exorcists ep.41
Well that was an episode full of twists, turns an unexpedted outcomes. Just whrn I was going to bitch about bullshit OP shounen bosses, that goes and happens.... pure craziness.

PK Gaming

MaiDragon 3

She's an overworked programmer who's never really had to spend a considerable amount of money before, so it checks out. Even an entry level programmer makes like 48k here in Canada.

PK Gaming

More fun Maid Dragon facts:

• Tohru is way more a jerk in the manga. For example, she yells at Kobayashi to complain about the noise (instead of the other way around). She's also a lot more rude towards the neighbors.
  • Kobayashi is more limp / apathetic in the manga. They gave her more of a bite in the anime.
  • She's less concerned about Kanna and is a bit more shameful.
  • She doesn't ask Kobayashi about calling her friends to the party (lol)
  • Compare her reaction here (manga) to here (anime)
  • They cut this moment entirely

godisntheradio

Neo Member
Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru END

Damn, i loved it. The show has a great timing for the jokes combined with how different voice acting feels compared to other anime, it makes it an unforgettable show for me. The OP became one of my favorites pretty quickly given how much i love the song and the visuals itself. There's also the last episode which caught me completely off guard, and it hit surprisely hard, pretty hard.

Cornbread78

RahXephon-END
Ok, I'm really fucking confused, or really fucking stupid, or a combination of the two... Like, really really confused at what any of that was....
2 Haruka's, 1 older one with a baby Quoun and an older man that panted, but didn't look like Ayato and another Haruka, Ayato's age, who is a Mishima look alike? Two different world timelines? From Quoun's world and Ayato's world?
Someone help a clueless man out here...

duckroll

This is proof that watching bad anime rots your brain. We have two members who finished RahXephon this week. One did not rot his brain watching Key anime and hence understood it. The other is beyond salvation and has permanent brain rot from watching garbage like Air and Angel Beats. RIP.

This is proof that watching bad anime rots your brain. We have two members who finished RahXephon this week. One did not rot his brain watching Key anime and hence understood it. The other is beyond salvation and has permanent brain rot from watching garbage like Air and Angel Beats. RIP.

A weekly dose of Sword of the Stranger with some Ghilbli sprinkled throughout can help undue the brain rot damage....though Corn may be at a fatal dose of Key and other shit anime to be saved. I don't think Bones can save him Dr. Duck.

Cornbread78

I'm sorry master Ducky, but riddle me this...

what were the two different scenerios if they were both Ayato? Young Ayato vs. Old Ayato? Same imagry for both, but totally different

I've entered into a J-Drama / K-Drama blackhole and I cant get out. Havent caught up on any anime yet because of them. I blame Netflix.

duckroll

I'm sorry master Ducky, but riddle me this...

what were the two different scenerios if they were both Ayato? Young Ayato vs. Old Ayato? Same imagry for both, but totally different

I don't understand what you are asking. Are you confused by what the CODA at the end was?

The final scene of the series isn't in the present. It's a flashback showing Ayato's true memory of his childhood before Tokyo Jupiter. That's how he first met Haruka. Her original family name was Mishima before it was changed later. Ayato's memory of her appearance and name was the basis of Reika Mishima, which was an Ixtli created to represent what is most dear to him subconsciously.

Cornbread78

I don't understand what you are asking. Are you confused by what the CODA at the end was?

The final scene of the series isn't in the present. It's a flashback showing Ayato's true memory of his childhood before Tokyo Jupiter. That's how he first met Haruka. Her original family name was Mishima before it was changed later. Ayato's memory of her appearance and name was the basis of Reika Mishima, which was an Ixtli created to represent what is most dear to him subconsciously.

Oh fuck; now I get it. That's why I was so damn confused by that final scene, lol. That context makes so much sense for everything that happened. TY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom