• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

So who's excited for Re:Creators?

Hello?
Anyone?
Someone?
Lol.

Hmmm...

Synopsis:
Humans have created many stories. Joy, sadness, anger, deep emotion. Stories shake our emotions, and fascinate us. However, these are only the thoughts of bystanders. But what if the characters in the story have "intentions"? To them, are we god-like existences for bringing their story into the world? Our world is changed. Mete out punishment upon the realm of the gods. In Re:CREATORS, everyone becomes a Creator.

re_creators_kv.jpg

Wow, not a single good design there...

ibyea

Banned
The Great Passage: 7
Nishioka's part in the story is so much more interesting. It's almost like he is more of a main character than Majime.

Just finished watching the last episode of The Disastrous Life of Saiki K. Really really fun series that I recommend to anyone who's never seen it, or even heard of it. I honestly think it's up there with Konosuba (which was more black comedy) in being the funniest show from last year. Loved the main character and especially how his dry humor played off of the supporting cast. Majority of the gags hit the mark and when the series went for more "heartwarming" moments, it stuck the landing.

Shun Kaido was also the best character. JUDGEMENT KNIGHTS OF!

tumblr_oa6ndnqvVr1tfz4gto1_400.gif

Judgment Knights of thunder is such a great song and used at the best times.

Can't wait for s2. I loved the engdub too, kokomis VA played her perfectly.

ibyea

Banned
The Great Passage: 8
Argh, what the heck, that time skip is way freaking much!

Somehow they needed at least one episode in between to make that time skip tangible and purposeful. Instead, it comes across as coming out of nowhere, and lacks real impact. This is accentuated by the fact that the first part of the show feels like it is missing a lot of the meat, sort to speak. It's a shame too, as this episode is a great first episode for the second part of the show.

Mailbox

ahhhh... with the stress of school assignments being due, still being avatarless (I'm trying something new for the next one), and seeing stuff... happening i guess, Konosuba2 episode 3 was exactly what I freakin needed.

That was some top tier, surprisingly emotional, side hurting comedy anime :)

Now... back to school projects (fuck having to deal with 3 different coding languages this semester X( )

ibyea

Banned
The Great Passage: 9
Seeing Majime dealing with the publishers instead of Nishioka is the kind of thing I wish the show had more of. A lot of times, we never quiet see the characters dealing with the conflicts, and it is instead passed over with montages. This episode had the same sort of quickness that feels a bit frustrating. The end of the episode does seem to herald something interesting, ending with the dreadful feeling that there may be many little mess ups that amounts to a colossal undertaking to correct.

ibyea

Banned
The Great Passage: 10-11, end
Sheesh, Majime sure has melodramatic dreams.

In the end, it was an okay show with a lot of stories that I feel like could have been told, but haven't been.

Sölf

Just think, in some alternate universe, Aldnoah.Zero is a good show.

Think about how crazy that is.

Aldnoah.Zero, a good show.

Hey, it wasn't that bad in the first season. I liked the show. They just completely butchered what was good and somewhat interesting in the first episode of season 2. And from there it went downhill. Fast. I only watched that to see how much further down it can go.

Space Wind.

Szadek

Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon - Ep. 3
That was a pretty decent episode. I like the new characters.

Gabriel DropOut - Ep. 3
Yeah, this is getting dull, I don't see myself watching much more of this show.

Line_HTX

Konosuba S2 02

Hey, the giant frogs are back. And now that prosecutor or whoever she is has first hand account what a bunch of weirdos Aqua and Co. are, haha

BluWacky

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/da...-jump-teases-new-anime-with-countdown/.111492

What could the tease for the new anime from Weekly young jump be?

A new Tokyo ghoul anime? The background doesn't help much.

Nahhh it can't be Tokyo ghoul, the background is too *happy*

It's not exactly difficult to work out. The website is "kda-anime.com", and there's only one manga currently running in Young Jump with those initials - Keppeki Danshi Aoyama-kun, a comedy about a soccer superstar who's obsessed with keeping clean:

synopsis from Young Jump website said:
He's a heartthrob soccer star on the Japanese national circuit, and his play style is "squeaky clean".

Headers and bad tackles? No good.

Throw-ins? If you use gloves, fine.

A disinfected attacking football club comedy.

Probably Keppeki Danshi Aoyama-kun...

Oh wait, maybe Kaguya sama!

Why would they give a new website to tokyo ghoul and have it have a url thats kda?

It's not exactly difficult to work out. The website is "kda-anime.com", and there's only one manga currently running in Young Jump with those initials - Keppeki Danshi Aoyama-kun, a comedy about a soccer superstar who's obsessed with keeping clean:
I guess I should have looked at the url :p

Keppeki has a great looking MC design! If it's that I'm in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom