• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeonZ

wasn't mystic gohan canonically the strongest character by the buu arc? at least in the manga

dunno about super

The power "mystic" Gohan showed in the Buu saga would be bellow base Goku after Goku's previus forms are boost by Super Saiyan God.

sasuke_91

KonoSuba - 05

This totally seemed like a last episode by the way it was presented.
This episode confirms that Darkness is my favourite source of comedy in this show. The other characters are decent as well, but Darkness just kills me.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
New Game is getting a second season

Aw yeaaaah!

Konosuba 5

Someone probably gonna call me crazy on this one, but i like last episode animation than this episode. As for content, yeah, it still as hilarious as ever. Kazuma manage to get out of debt before this season end, so i assume a bigger problem will probably (nah, definitely) come his way on the next episode
'Hai, Satou-desu'

sasuke_91

Scum's Wish - 05

Somehow this show is both intriging and enjoyable, yet weird as hell. The biggest problem with it also becomes very apparent again in this episode: Every detail in the characters' thought process needs to be said out loud, making for extremely long monologues that leave nothing to the audience's imagination.
And there has been quite a lot of sex scenes again...

Man, Gurren Lagan has some amazing characters. Its got insane animation and fights. Its got cool lore and abilities.

But boy does it shit the bed at creating a convincing portrayal of reality. The whole world after the time skip is ridiculous - the government system, the citizens having perfect knowledge of every event, the glimpses of culture we get are all really dumb. I know that none of that is really the point, but it's such a poor facsimile that it killed more than some of my enjoyment.

jgminto

Arakawa Under the Bridge x Bridge 12

This show is still friggin weird. I've severe doubts whether the Nino plotline can be resolved in the last episode, I guess I wouldn't be surprised if it was the very endgame of the series and as such, no chance of seeing the denouement here which would only make the earlier laid out breadcrumbs frustrating.
Nice Gurren Lagann reference.

/XX/

Spanish licensee and distributor of Japanese animation works, Selecta Visión, has announced digital disc format releases of In This Corner of the World for "the end of this summer":

En este rincón del mundo a finales del verano por Selecta Visión - Ramen Para Dos
http://ramenparados.com/este-rincon-del-mundo-finales-del-verano-selecta-vision/

Is someone aware of any other market were it was announced a digital disc release for this film? I'd like to pinpoint a more precise date of the domestic one comparing it to the intended for international sales, because the usual sites (like, for example, AV Watch) don't have the listings for its home market yet.

They've just announced an iDOLM@STER SideM anime. Guess DTL can get into this thing now...

More singing Takuma Terushima! and also I wonder if we will get new songs or will each group do their own songs, Brand New Field is a must.

I guess theyll do Drive A Live...

Animated High x Joker, hype
tumblr_noecd0len91uth2zwo5_400.jpg
tumblr_noecd0len91uth2zwo6_400.jpg
tumblr_noecd0len91uth2zwo3_400.jpg

And cant forget Jupiter
tumblr_okmxjcx2wM1tibqv7o6_400.jpg

Scum's Wish 5

Show is still good. I like how it's explaining both crushes, there are reason of why and how they fell in love, in a lesser show they would skip that because the starting point was both protagonists already being in love with their respective crushes, just shrugging with "they are in love with that person"; here they go deeper than that, which is good as it's their key motivation.

The first scene, Hanabi's flashback, was especially good. Yes, it was all inner narration but perfectly executed. In other series it can feel a bit clunky, you notice the source is a manga but I still feel the series is doing a fine job. The always using inner monologues style gives the story consistency, forming an overall feel of introspection.

Mugi being
aware of Akane's taste for men was a little nice plot twist, before one could think he was a simpleton and love-blind but he is aware. He is still a bit of a fool, but he couldn't avoid falling in love.

And obviously there is an interesting parallelism between Hanabi's phobia of loneliness and avoiding pain which tries to fill with physical contact and Akane's personality, who tries also to fill a void predating 'interesting' men. As Akane's said in previous episode, they are more similar than Hanabi is aware of.
Seeing Akane's point of view and how she considers the teacher super boring in the date was entertaining. The lengths she goes to make other suffer, she kind of sacrifices herself for the greater good. Uh... greater evil?

(to be continued...↩)

/XX/

In This Corner of the World is supposed to get a release this year in Germany as well.

Though nothing specific was announced.
Via Universum ANIME? I think they were the ones who distributed this film on festivals within the region, right? I'll keep an eye on their announcements. Thanks!

Puzzle & Dragons X Episode 30 – Our Friendship Battle

Next episode has so many interesting matches. I guess Garnet will get destroyed by Sturgeon, maybe Harriett will win, and I guess Ace will beat Kroell.

ACCA: 13-Territory Inspection Dept. Episode 4 – Smoldering Embers in an Isolated Nation

A happily ever after would have been nice, I wanted change not a back to square one :(

Also I hope we get to hear what Jean and the head of the district discussed.

NeonZ

Kemono Friends spoiler

Nah, I don't get why people think there's a
global apocalypse going on.

The park is ruined and abandoned, but if it were a general thing you wouldn't have this lone survivor child waking up in the middle of the park. The animals also apparently haven't ever seen humans, so the situation there has been going on for a while, which also wouldn't match her being so young.

This is most likely a Jurassic Park 3 situation where a child somehow ends up in the ruined/closed park.

Narag

Nah, I don't get why people think there's a
global apocalypse going on.

The park is ruined and abandoned, but if it were a general thing you wouldn't have this lone survivor child waking up in the middle of the park. The animals also apparently haven't ever seen humans, so the situation there has been going on for a while, which also wouldn't match her being so young.

This is most likely a Jurassic Park 3 situation where a child somehow ends up in the ruined/closed park.

For me,it's because of the Sandstar stuff and the one mountain that had erupted into geometric shapes that left things feeling very much like some sort of ecological disaster as I can't imagine humans just leaving it there untouched.

you shouldn't lie to people :/
MHA season 2 does not start on march 25th.
I mean that is what they originally announced so I get where you think that, but they also confirmed one important detail.

that episode will merely be a recap episode of season 1 :/

thus it doesn't start for real until april 1st.
Small detail, I'm still getting more MHA on the 25th. We never know it might not be just all recap.

blurr

Iron Blooded Orphans S2 18

Well, that was interesting. A lot of obscure details about McGillis were made more or less clear.

Gaelio's encounter turned out interesting as expected.

Girl would have been more impressed with some Densha De Go stuff.

Via Universum ANIME? I think they were the ones who distributed this film on festivals within the region, right? I'll keep an eye on their announcements. Thanks!

Yes, Universum Anime/Film has the rights for the movie here in Germany.

Sterok

Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans S2 18

Huh, so that's why McGillis is surprisingly comfortable being betrothed to Almiria. That's one efficient coup he has going on. Iok the Brave still in his timeout. Even Gjallarhorn has Tekkadan fanboys. Vidar is Gaelio! What a twist. Ein is integrated into the Gundam! What a twist. Is McGillis being figurative or literal when he says Bael has the soul of Agnika Kaieru? Because with recent revelations either way is possible. Gaelio has a lot to live up to if he wants to beat his old friend. Hopefully McGillis has more in mind than beating Rustal/Gaelio and hoping everyone else capitulates to him immediately.

Garo The Animation
Episode 10

Exactly how much better is this going to get? Everything is extremely average.
Its gets good like 7/10 good. You are almost there, I think 12 is where the better stuff starts happening. You are going from what a consider a 5-6/10 start to a 7-8(for one episode)/10 for the later part.

As soon as Alfonso gets more focus to be more accurate.

Garo The Animation
Episode 10

Exactly how much better is this going to get? Everything is extremely average.

If you're not liking anything about the show at this point you probably won't drastically change your mind from watching more, even though I think the mid-series climax it's building up to at this point is fantastic. I'm a big fan of the show, but of course there's no show that appeals to everyone.

TheChaos0

Showa Rakugo Ep 5-6

Another couple of good episodes. Bon is finally finding his Rakugo groove. Looks like these few episodes are the calm before the storm.

blurr

Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu 05-06

Yakumo's hallucination (or perhaps an actual experience) was a chilling moment, gripping from start to finish. Another testament to how much Yakumo was yearning for liberation from his responsibilities, to which Sukeroku binds him.

Yotaro and family have a tough road ahead of them and I am really curious as to how things will unfold for them. So far, the show's been doing a compelling job.

duckroll

Zesty Tales XXX - Episode Whatever It Was This Week

Weak episode. ToB references feel totally shoed in. Animation quality seems a step down. I guess they just wanted to get that Pendrago arc finished so they can move on to more important plot stuff.

Hand Shakers Episode 4 – Live Lab
C4erzXmXUAQxT8n.jpg:small
C4etf7wWAAAlu56.jpg:small

C4euXtGXAAkWBlM.jpg:small
C4eu3j8WcAAmxG4.jpg:small

Tazuna leveled up pretty fast and it was so good. So many close calls and great moves both on ground but also when he suddenly became airborne to really hit Hayate where it hurts. I loved his quick strategy too and even attempts at times to just let Kiyori go and take things from there.

Still like the preview from last week, I love when he just all of a sudden smiled upon gripping her hand again and then racing off to the sky.
C4eunQ2WMAIg_HT.jpg:small

I hope the white haired Tazuna makes a return he got all cool and epic for a brief moment there and I feel like there is definitely much more that he can do.

jett

D-Member
Its gets good like 7/10 good. You are almost there, I think 12 is where the better stuff starts happening. You are going from what a consider a 5-6/10 start to a 7-8(for one episode)/10 for the later part.

As soon as Alfonso gets more focus to be more accurate.

If you're not liking anything about the show at this point you probably won't drastically change your mind from watching more, even though I think the mid-series climax it's building up to at this point is fantastic. I'm a big fan of the show, but of course there's no show that appeals to everyone.

Well okay.

It's not bad, but it's really missing good characters. Or characters of any kind. The only dude with a personality is the pervy father.

Well okay.

It's not bad, but it's really missing good characters. Or characters of any kind. The only dude with a personality is the pervy father.

Yea I was thinking the same too early on, with Leon being a terrible character. But once Alfonso comes in the show does get better. But don't get your hopes up to much on Leon he doesn't get much better, just less bad. But if you are really not enjoying it, you could just drop it really. You aren't missing much except for one fight that you could watch on Youtube.

NANBAKA Episode 18 – You Are Weak

Nanbaka isnt a comedy anime :(
C4e53jKW8AEcrSz.jpg:small

Samon is my fav and I hope he finally gets the recognition he deserves instead of having to live in the shadows of his brother and also of the expectations of others.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Every Hand Shakers screencap is like those over-filtered anime signatures you saw on forums back in the 00s with the saturation and bloom dialed way up over a gaussian blurred background of random shit.

Zestiria 18
This was an oddly paced episode that dragged out the squire business for way too long while also basically being a way to rush to the next plot area. The random infodump about Berseria was really out of place.

Tuck

Konosuba - 9
I... I don't know what to say.

Its lewd to the point of parody. I feel like its all one giant joke on the part of the writers, and I'm in on the punch line.

EDIT: kept watching. Second half was pretty fucked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom