• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Konosuba - 9
I... I don't know what to say.

Its lewd to the point of parody. I feel like its all one giant joke on the part of the writers, and I'm in on the punch line.

You should see the OVA.

Every Hand Shakers screencap is like those over-filtered anime signatures you saw on forums back in the 00s with the saturation and bloom dialed way up over a gaussian blurred background of random shit.

I can't tell if the series is getting uglier or not as the production goes on.

It's such a mess that it defies description.

How do people say Hand Shakers looks ugly when it has some of the most beautiful moments in anime this season?
C4essOAXAAAvj17.jpg:large

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
DTL it looks like the magic wanded two characters out of an anime and then cut and pasted it over a filtered photo of some urban location in Japan.

Sterok

KiraKira Precure À La Mode 2

Ichika now has her own kitchen to burn down. Beats blowing up her own home. I did get a chuckle at ghost guy's sudden appearance. Himari is the shy type. Honestly I wasn't really feeling her at first, but between her approach to sweets as a science and being afraid of annoying people by talking too much, I think she won me over. But I don't think her sweets obsession is going to be that endearing when Ichika and maybe others have a similar passion. Custard's transformation is cute. Really not feeling the villains right now. No stock footage to finish off the monster? What sort of blasphemy is this? I prefer keeping the live action segments to the end of the episode, so hopefully it stays there.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
What animes do you consider worth watching thus far?
Besides sequels, I'm only watching Masamune-kun and Kuzu no Honkai.
Konosuba S2.
March Comes In Like A Lion
Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju
Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid

Ninja Girl & Samurai Master and Ai-Mai-Mi Surgical Friends are good short comedies.

Few other things that are maybe worth trying but would depend on taste.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Season 1 (Subtitled) Episode 37 – Begin Counterattack! Mind Shuffle

Pegasus JPN voice actor needs an award for this performance this episode, when his toon world was destroyed. I replayed the scene five times, it was hilarious.

KraytarJ

What animes do you consider worth watching thus far?
Besides sequels, I'm only watching Masamune-kun and Kuzu no Honkai.
I'm going to assume by sequels you mean the DEEN twins so otherwise I'd say:
Kobayashi's Dragon Maid - basically an awesome family sitcoms starring a twenty-something programmer and a bunch of dragons.
Akiba's Trip - just a bunch of fun, the award winner for better than it should be this season.
Interviews with Monster Girls - one of those stories about how being a mutant (or Demi) makes you an outcast, the one I'm least sure of recommending but there's still some good to be found in it even if it's not terribly unique.

Ushio and Tora 27-29

27 and 28 were some pretty strong episode...I mean damn poor Ushio! I was so relieved when both Tora and Saya did not forget about him. Seeing poor Ushio crushed by those you had forgotten him was breaking my heart. The rescue tho was absolutely amazing! Full of emotions!

29 was a pretty mixed affair though. While it was cool to see what asafuze were, I thought it was brought to the viewer in a very *boring* way. Another minus for the weird stuff happening in the fight, where the scenes did not flow at ALL.

YGO 5D's Episode 63

Well as a Crow fan that was a really passionate friendship and bond filled speech for what appeared to be one of the best combos in this entire arc. Im glad we got something really creative from him.

Ascheroth

Blue Exorcist Kyoto #5-6

This was pretty good, especially episode 6. Dammit Todo.
Let's see if it can keep this momentum.

Tales of Zestira za X #18

I skipped the Berseria tie-in, but the rest was good. Defintely not one of the stronger episodes, but Rose
becoming a Squire and now seeing the 'hidden' world and the dragon corpse purification
were pretty hype regardless.

And catching up on some other shows:
Okada Gundam #39

Naze is such a cool character.
This won't end well though, right?...

Gintama #319

Even in a serious arc, some things never change.

Cornbread78

3-gatsu ep.17
Kyouko is as messed up as always. Rei needs to stop floundering and fix that relationship. I mean, even he recognizes that it's still in limbo and not defined at all.

Chain Chronicle – The Light of Haecceitas – Episode 1 (engdub)

Well funi made an awesome choice for Aram, using Nana's va from Kiss Him Not Me was a perfect choice, he was always such a good voice for an action animes lead, and his teasing voice and such is always great.

Chain Chronicle is pretty epic on rewatch, Aram and Yuuri destroying black knight minions was cool.

The voice for the Black King is so menacing.

Eumi

That tail makes me uncomfortable. It's too big.

Every time Tohru moves about I'm worried she's gonna take a table or two with her.

Tonally this thing was all over. I mean it was all funny but one joke would be pretty damn dark and the next would be cute girls doing cute things level of fluff.

Looks great though. That and the banter between the two leads is excellent.

Tales of Berseria

So good/10. This should have gotten an anime instead of Zestiria.

Zestiria X 18

The Berseria reference was really odd, since there didn't really seem to be a point to the emperor telling Sorey about it. Hoping this means the anime might be going even deeper into resolving the leftovers of Berseria later on.

Wood Man

Interviews with Monster Girls ep 5 - 6

Takahashi trying hard to contain his lust for Sato Succubus Sensei is great. My favorite part about the show

X1K4Efs.png

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Season 2, Episode 18:

SO exactly what side am I supposed to be rooting for here?

Narag

This summary of an interview with the character designer/one of the animation directors might explain things

That interview summary is one reason I've been enjoying the second season so much. Changes are recognizable but don't lead to questions of why they were made, just acknowledgment of the "Hold my beer." philosophy on display.

Narag

Wave Motion Cannon did a full translation of an interview with Kikuta (not sure if it's the same interview this poster was drawing from), which is worth reading as well.

Looks like the same. Biggest difference is the summary suggests it would become more moe as if it would affect the type of show it was while the interview phrases it far better in that he was going to make it more moe but only to prove he could have his cake and eat it too.

Narag

Rightstuf currently has a sale on Funimation stuff and the Escaflowne LE looks like a steal at $108sh. For anyone that has it, how big is the box compared to standard cases and are the extras worth it?

Thud

Well, shit got super serious there. Was this the first arc of the series where everything was more or less played completely straight?

Yeah the arcs that move the plot forward. Benizakura also got a movie, even after all the jokes lol. I'm gonna watch that one after I finish gintama.

The live action adaption of gintama also features Shun Oguri as Gintoki, while they made fun of him in one episode. Well and they did a bit on live action gintama. It's hilarious.

Qurupeke

The Eccentric Family 1
That was good. Very detailed art with some spectacular backgrounds, the animation is excellent and generally the show looks very polished. I think I'm not a very big fan of the character designs, though Benten is unique, but I'll probably get used to it. The show seems like it will be entertaining while it deals with some more serious themes. I liked how the protagonist had a different gender for the entire episode, quite interesting as a choice, especially for the very first episode. Also, need more Benten.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom