• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taruranto

The female audience for anime usually sticks with older technological trends longer than the male audience for anime. Hence why the DVD vs. BD sales split is typically weighted much more in favor of DVDs for female-targeted anime than male. (And also why, in the console statistics released by Crunchyroll today, the list of anime watched more on the Wii than other platforms was dominated by female-targeted anime.) So it makes sense, at a time when disc sales are declining as digital delivery gains greater ground, that the best-selling anime discs would be those targeted at women.

Yeah, I saw surprised that YoI had so much more BD sales compared to DVD. I wonder what's up with that.

a24io0t.jpg

Welp

I'm dead

Syv

Neo Member
Not Amagami - Episode 1

Liked Amagami, but not really feeling this. Pacing was kinda weird and fast, but that comes with having only 4 episodes per heroine.

MC could possibly be better than Junichi, but that is not much of a challenge with how bland he was. Hope this will be at least decent.

Minami Kamakura Koukou Joshi Jitensha-bu 1

+ Pretty Backgrounds
+ I don't despise the MC's voice
+ There may be a bear in this
+ It's not Yowamushi Pedal, Grande Road just killed that anime for me, I couldn't finish it...

- It's pretty damn boring
- I could guess each character architecture by their looks
- Dislike the style of faces used for the characters
- The real life bike shop segment for the final 3 minutes of the show...

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Blue Exorcist Season 2, Episode 1:

Ah yes, we have here an inexplicable new season of Blue Exorcist. I say this because if you saw the first season, you know it ended with one of the worst gecko endings in all of anime. Indeed, the standard flashbacks are actually really helpful as if I recall correctly where they are referencing is where the canon break took place in season one. All that aside this is still the most generic shonen title I have seen this side of Fairy Tail and I can't even say it executes anything thing here above even My Hero Academia or Ushio and Tora yet still. In a stronger season this wouldn't last on my watchlist but it is serviceable enough to eye an eye on ahead of its eventual Toonami airing.

jonjonaug

Youjo Senki 1 - Having read the source material, it's really weird to watch an opening episode of an anime that gives you a purposefully mostly misleading impression of the main character. Also it started right in the middle of volume 1, so I'm wondering if it'll just keep going or start over from the beginning next episode.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So far:

Fate/Go: Eh, will probably drop by ep 3
Masamune-kun's Revenge: Will probably drop next ep
Saga of Tanya: Will watch on sakugabooru
Fuuka: Will probably drop by ep 3
Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju: AOTY 2017
LWA: Give it to me now netflix!

So far:

There are no "episodes" it was an OVA. No word on whether there will be more either afik.

Blue Exorcist S2 - 01

I barely remember the plot from the first season still. Not gonna go back since I remember the major happenings at a high level, but all of the low level details have vanished from my memory. Either way solid start.

Bungo Stray Dogs 8

V7ERu6j.jpg

Now we're in straight-up Stand territory.

Not a great episode. It leaned hard into the weakest aspects of the show, and the doctor and Atsushi aren't strong enough characters to sustain the focus put on them this episode. The train bombing plot was rather trite, and the episodic villains weren't compelling. Still some stylish looking shots and great music, as always. I am interested to see where the next episode goes with these plot threads.

TUSR

Banned
So far:

Masamune-kun's Revenge: Will probably drop next ep
Saga of Tanya: Will watch on sakugabooru
Fuuka: Will probably drop by ep 3
Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju: AOTY 2017
LWA: Give it to me now netflix!

There are no "episodes" it was an OVA. No word on whether there will be more either afik.

Blue Exorcist S2 - 01

I barely remember the plot from the first season still. Not gonna go back since I remember the major happenings at a high level, but all of the low level details have vanished from my memory. Either way solid start.
uOPjPal.png

its nothing

Szadek

Did you hear about that Roomba based mascot?

oaLYMDY.gif

She sucks.
She sounds exactly like Fav from Magical Girl Raising Project.

Rakugo Shinjuu - S2 Ep. 1
Little Witch Academia is out yet and anime is already saved.
The recap at the beginning was done as a Rakugo performance. Meta has fuck.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu: Sukeroku Futatabi-hen Episode 1:

Not going to lie, already my early pick for AOTY 2017, which isn't all that shocking since the first season was my AOTY of last year, so that basically says that this show has not lost one god damned step.

Gvitor

Fuuka 01-02

Of course guy meets girl via panty sighting.

We got two episodes of this and both felt like an extended prologue, the anime has the potential to be very different (aside from all the ecchi presence) now that it'll (supposedly) focus on music. Hopefully it's good.

Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu: Sukeroku Futatabi-hen Episode 1:

Not going to lie, already my early pick for AOTY 2017, which isn't all that shocking since the first season was my AOTY of last year, so that basically says that this show has not lost one god damned step.

I think this has the potential to be EVEN BETTER than S1.

I don't know what it is with Anime (and action shows starring kids) making their grown up leads turn into horrible parents

Most don't portray them as shit parents, except for Hunter x Hunter.

Ging is talked up to be this legendary hunter, but really he's just a huge asshole and pretty much nobody likes him but he's also a really good hunter

gargles

Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu: Sukeroku Futabi-hen - 1

Going for the back-to-back AOTY award, eh? That was really good, as expected from Rakugo. Those first minutes were something else. What a way to recap what happened during the first season.

Fridays are goddamn great for me, 3 good shows in a row. This season is off to a great start already. Looking at my list I still have ACCA, Konosuba and Kuzu no Honkai to check out. Maybe Chaos;Child too. If you add Sangatsu and IBO2 from last season, that's 9 shows. Wonder if anything else will pop up and catch my eye.

Looking at Saturdays and crying because none of the 5 shows I was watching on Sat. last season ended and now I have LWA and Interviews with monster girls

please tell me interviews is a short or something

Im ready for elDLIVE

Get ready for adventures in space as ēlDLIVE joins the Crunchyroll lineup starting Sunday, 1/8/2017 at 9:00AM PST for users in the following territories: U.S.A, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Latin America (Central and South America including Caribbean), Norway, Sweden, Finland, Iceland, Netherlands, and Denmark!

Sterok

Youjo Senki 1

This is dumb. And kind of ugly. But it's violent, so it may be worth following to see a little sociopath kill a whole bunch of people.

Jarmel

Banned
Youjo Senki-1

I feel asleep twice in the first ten minutes. I was prepared to drop it until the 15th minute happened.

Thank you god for Takashi Hashimoto and whoever is doing those aerial sequences. Lawd almighty I forgot how much I miss air fights. There was even a fucking impact frame at the end. Absolutely beautiful.

Also I love Aoi Yuuki in this role. She has this bored sort of drawl to her voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom