• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

I guess the question then is whether or not the events break suspension of disbelief and that's going to vary per viewer

Kanon 2006 is the best ;P

Kanon is pretty great.

Clannad spend a season and a half on character development so you had full understanding from each character's perspective on how important they were to each other, how is that unearned?

I would LOVE to see more character development like that in shows... Far too many shows spend 1 or 2 episodes to get to know the characters and that's it...

I personally feel that Tomoya has some of the best character development that I've seen from an anime character. He has a great arc that feels natural and you see him slowly evolve over time.

Don't get me started on how they fu(ked up Charlotte. The show could have been sooo much better if they actually made it 24 episodes instead of squashing it into 13.... (same issue he had with Angel Beats, even though he said he "learned his lesson" from that mistake)

I still really liked Charlotte though.

qtLhd5E.jpg

Same but I do wish PA Works and Aniplex learned from Angel Beats and had given him the amount of episodes are needed for his types of stories. Clannad is almost 50 episodes in total and its better for it. Condensing his stories down to 13 episode formats doesn't help.

All that being said I LOVE Angel Beats, and I enjoyed Charlotte for the most part.

this reminds me that PsychoNinja still manages to show up almost only when someone starts talking about KEY shows lmao

Duckie is BONES, Psycho is KEY. Who is SAO?

I was on a long hiatus here and I am sure KEY stuff was talked about while I was gone. I just recently came back after a recent change in work schedule, voting in the AotY thread...

...and I honestly kinda missed you guys. I missed posting in this community.

But it's only appropriate that my return was met with KEY talk. Specifically Clannad. :p

John Blade

Man....I need to write a detail impression of Clannad. I guess finish watching the show and have an incident which make me have to stop watching on Anime kinda make it more emotional for me. Still, Clannad is a good show and that scene do pull the emotional side of me hard. They is issue with the show which I have and in a way, hate how it try to end the TV series even though it's what the audience want.

Also, don't poke fun of Nagisa look. They're other you can poke fun at if you want.
oyC3SUj.png

Line_HTX

The Great Passage 1

Far drier than I expected despite people hinting at it being so. I can also see why people were put off by the act of dictionary making on a superficial level but can't help but think they didn't appreciate the passion behind the art.

Gave up on Amazon Prime US?

this reminds me that PsychoNinja still manages to show up almost only when someone starts talking about KEY shows lmao

Cornbread obviously.

In a better time, CorvoSol.

No, Corvo used to be the Mecha man around here (and the Oranges are Tomatoes man, as well as The List man).

Today you hear the word "Mecha" and you think "Nintendo Man!".

Back then it used to be Corvo.

Narag

Psycho-Pass Season 3 END

Wow Urobochi really went in a different direction on this one

dead

Cornbread obviously.

No, Corvo used to be the Mecha man around here (and the Oranges are Tomatoes man, as well as The List man).

Maybe if you watched more. Meanwhile my boy Phaze quietly and steadfastly consumes all sorts of mecha shows. I mean he hates most of them but A for effort.

I don't even know if I'm more known for Shaft-posting to Toradora-posting right now.

Back when I was here I remember you posting about Shaft more, tbh.

Are you...

Are you...

ARE YOU...

Idk. I haven't been here in a while.

Maybe if you watched more. Meanwhile my boy Phaze quietly and steadfastly consumes all sorts of mecha shows. I mean he hates most of them but A for effort.

I wish I had the wherewithal that Phaze has. I now just watch what I want with the occasional watchbet.

trejo

Cornbread obviously.

Corvo used to be THE List guy, bar none. Oddly enough the only mecha show impressions of his that I recall are of Eureka 7 AO, lol.

I do wonder if he ever watched Nanoha As and came to accept it as the best mecha show ever made.

I don't even know if I'm more known for Shaft-posting to Toradora-posting right now.
In a better world, Hare Guu-posting.

Repost for new thread:

Well, looks like people were more interested in a Fall 2017 trip to Japan, so here's some updated details if anybody else is interested

-cut-

I would be interested to know how many people are interested to be part of my patented night life tours.

Also I want to see the penguins in Ikekuburo again! And the Fushimi Inari Shrine in Kyoto.

Clov

Cornbread?

I know I always try to show up whenever Oshii gets brought up. I can't resist joining in when I see people talking about his work.

Qurupeke

Descending Stories: Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju 1
Seems like S2 will mainly focus on Rakugo as an artform on the verge of death. I'm actually curious how "Descending Stories" can get interesting, because, honestly, I'm not sure that just the above is enough. I was expecting they'd go with stuff like Yotaro's first steps as a rakugo apprentice or Konatsu's attempts to be a female rakugo performer, but the ten year time skip on S1 ended those stories.

Episode 1 didn't answer the most important question that S1's finale left, but at least Yotaro is already taking some important decisions. A decent start and I have high expectations for the rest of the season.

Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju s1 ep1

So after hearing far and wide that this show is great, I shouldn't have been so surprised that yeah, this was some A++ stuff. Yotaro's solo performance actually sucked me in so much I got annoyed when they would cut back to his old boss. When he snored in the middle of Master's performance I legitimately cringed.

lonely

Delivering the recap of season 1 as a Rakugo performance was absolute genius. So simple but an utterly engrossing way to present it.

Just asking if that's really what you are in this community now since I've been gone. I remember you being the Madoka/Gurren Lagaan guy.

Yep. That's me now.

But you could also call me the Majin Bone guy, since I'm constantly asking people to watch that as well.

Which they should, since it's freaking amazing and barely anybody watches it.

Yep. That's me now.

But you could also call me the Majin Bone guy, since I'm constantly asking people to watch that as well.

Which they should, since it's freaking amazing and barely anybody watches it.

I know this is your subtle way of telling me to watch it, but I won't until we do a new watchbet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom