• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taruranto

Can someone explain to me what Tales of Zesteria X actually is? Is it an adaptation of ToZ exclusively with some references to ToB, or is it an adaptation of ToZ and ToB mutated into a single coherent (or incoherent?!) narrative?

I heard they ramped up the Alisha service, so something pointless.

Jarmel

Banned
One thing in the Beyond PV that I did notice was how the only scenes shown of Fafners in-motion were handdrawn. Though, since HaE and Exodus have always mixed CG and handdrawn animation, it probably just means the CG work wasn't finish in time for the PV.

Would be hilarious if this is the last Fafner project and for the movie they just make all the Fafners 2D again.

Qurupeke

Myriad Colors Phantom World 13 FIN

zzz

===

dimb was so right and the last three eps ended up being the dullest of the bunch. They were far more serious and the show was consequently robbed of the bit of charm it possessed when it was overindulging itself in absurdity and fetishism. Even if the episode as a whole was largely unremarkable, those particular eps were at least fun to watch in a way where one was eager to see what dumb shit would happen next. The macguffin that popped up from time to time ended up a disappointment as well as I expected it to manifest into something more than a login device for a computer network. That said, credit where credit's due as this was the third best Kyoani show I've seen.

Imagine if the whole show was like that, or even more serious, like the LN is supposed to be! Anyway, I can't say I didn't like the final few episodes, the Mai one was the best for me, but the tonal shift was a bit weird. It's almost like they had plans to make it serious, around the midpoint they dropped them and they resurfaced as a finale.

jonno394

Just binged on One Punch Man. I remember the buzz around this show, but because I only just started streaming i'd never gotten round to it. Man this show is just fantastic. Very funny, excellent soundtrack...I can understand no why GAF voted it AOTY for 2015, superb.

Roll on season 2, any chance of that being this fall?

Danganronpa villains -
Junko is like the Joker. She's pure chaotic evil with genius level planning abilities. What makes her interesting to me is that she builds flaws into her plans inherently just on the off chance she can fail because that would bring her the greatest despair. She's also just a fun villain with her bouncing around personalities and dialogue.

Nagito is a far better villain though. Like not even close.

About the Tragedy, yeah it was better as just a narrative framework. When they started to really focus on it (and show how it happened in DR3, massive mistake) it became oddly serious for something that started as Monokuma heads on the Statue of Liberty and the Sphinx

Just binged on One Punch Man. I remember the buzz around this show, but because I only just started streaming i'd never gotten round to it. Man this show is just fantastic. Very funny, excellent soundtrack...I can understand no why GAF voted it AOTY for 2015, superb.

It could even be in the spring or even the summer.

Probably Fall.

Now Watch Mob Psycho 100.

Qurupeke

Interviews With Monster Girls 1
B3Lcj2t.jpg

Hikari is the second best blond vampire girl I know.

Nice premiere. A kind of SoL show about monster girls and their daily school lives. Basically, a more low key and maybe realistic approach than something like MonMusume. Hopefully it will remain enjoyable.

Kansoku

Blue Exorcist Kyoto - 1
Man I remember jack shit and most of the stuff I remember is of the anime original stuff.
Still, it was pretty nice. I wonder what they'll do after this. It's kinda weird having an ending, then going back and continuing adapting were they left of before going original. It feels like a self contained arc, something you would see in OVA or something.

Urara Meirochou - 1
Had zero expectations, no idea what it was going to be about, but it was pretty damn cute. The underboobs where really odd tho, kinda made me uncomfortable.

Seiren - 1
Haven't watched Amagami (tho I plan to), but this was pretty nice on it's own.

Shouwa Genroku Rakugou Shinjuu - 1
This was great. The recap as a rakugou story was genius.
One thing to note tho, is that in that scene where Yakumo says
He would take rakugo with him when he dies
, he uses the word
shinjuu, double suicide
. It has pretty strong implications, and I don't see Yotaro succeeding in revitalize rakugo with the new stories, if that's what's being implied here.

Fuuka -1 & 2
Tama best girl.
Also, I'm glad I got spoiled on
truck-kun, since I don't really like Fuuka and so there's more chance for Tama. But I can already feel there's no winners here.

3gatsu no Lion - 12
This episode basically laid out why the frequent changes in mood didn't bother me at all.
Also love the new OP and ED.

Narag

Tiger Mask W 11

man for a training ep i expected it to be the usual toei nonsense but there were a LOT of nice cuts in this

3gatsu 12

RIP Bump of Chicken. New OP is pretty good tho. The new ED I like quite a bit as well.

The ending scene with Momo was really nice. I think its fine that Rei says "The house is a kotatsu" the first time but then he says it two more times later in the episode and its ehhhhhhhh

Jintor

Interview with Monster Girls 1

Though the premise of monster girls in a more carefree environment is definitely welcome my personal favourite part is that the MC is a teacher and also he seems like a responsible human being which is a nice change. Even with the casually dangerous talk, at least he seemed aware of it and they all seemed fairly reasonable and not crazy so that sounds fun.

Vampires got it good in this universe, but I guess we don't have all the facts yet.

Will keep watching.

BTW getting flashbacks to working school life. Lmao. If i go back i definitely need to have better speaking skills

Jarmel

Banned
Interview with Monster Girls-

I was ready to hate this because the monster girl thing is that in name only. Until I realized this is sort of a metaphor for disabled people. Still too boring though.

Qurupeke

3-gatsu no Lion 12

The new OP isn't that gr... Never mind, it's awesome. ED's song is nice too. Also, I think it's a good thing that there's finally a certain goal for Rei.

Jintor

Interview with Monster Girls-

I was ready to hate this because the monster girl thing is that in name only. Until I realized this is sort of a metaphor for disabled people. Still too boring though.

We should just go all the way and get a kawata shoujo anime.

probably have to change the name tho

Also, I think it's a good thing that there's finally a certain goal for Rei.

This ^

Stakes are higher now, and there is an actual point to this whole show. Thus far we have only been seeing his day to day life while coping with depression, now we are not only seeing him take the steps necessary to move forward, but also get his payback for the incident that we keep seeing in his flashbacks with his stepsister. I mean, I'm not gonna lie, his sister is an ass, but that guy Gotou is a big sunovabitch, no two ways around it.

I don't think this arc is going to be particularly long, but I am looking forward to where it goes, and where the show goes after its resolution. Which is more than I could say around episode 6 or 7.

Tiger Mask W 13

C1mJaG_VEAAg2Ku.jpg

plz put me in a headlock

Lol the first half is kinda trying to say something about the marginalization of Divas or some shit but naw we got the main fight to move on to

The twist was so :wrestling I'm sad I didnt see it coming

Narag

Tiger Mask W 12

Totally didn't expect that person to show up at the match and I loved the stunned silence of the crowd at the end of the match.

On to 13 then I'm caught up!

Izayoi

Banned
Oh my god there's so much trash in the Crunchyroll "Popular" category that I don't even know if I want to watch anymore anime today. What a colossal waste of time.

Oh my god there's so much trash in the Crunchyroll "Popular" category that I don't even know if I want to watch anymore anime today. What a colossal waste of time.
Out of curiosity I went and checked and I disagree most of what is there is good. You have stuff like Haikyu, YoI, Twin star exorcist and Blue exorcist which are all super good.

Tiger Mask W 13
download.png

Yep, that's some good wrastling right there.

I burst out laughing at the award ceremony. How is he still allowed to come back after that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom