• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Nana ep.18
ZiIQPUS.jpg

Oh Nana, you fell into the trap. Well, you just reverted back to how you really feel, because we all knew, but you try to hide it…

Touching moment, damn good stuff….

I must admit I hadn't warmed to One Punch Man just because I didn't think I'd get on with the visual style but Mob Psycho 100 is one of my favourites of 2016 so I must give this a look too

blurr

I must admit I hadn't warmed to One Punch Man just because I didn't think I'd get on with the visual style but Mob Psycho 100 is one of my favourites of 2016 so I must give this a look too

While OPM has its moments of great animation during its action sequences, it pales in comparison to MP100 on the visual and animation department and that's putting it lightly.

(Don't get me wrong, I still love it)

Contrary to what some may try to tell you, One Punch Man is still a good anime. Just because Mob Psycho 100 is the better One work doesn't mean that OPM isn't good.

To steal from A Huge Battleship in the Manga thread, there's going to be a new streaming app in Japan and one of their announced series is an adaptation of Black General-san.

It's only going to be 10 3-minute shorts but since it's a gag manga and there's only 2 volumes this isn't exactly unexpected or even a bad thing.

I'd prefer more of a Galko-chan length type thingy or ideally a Cartoon Network/Adult Swim 12 minute short length but you take what you can get for something I'd never imagine would get animated in the first place.

Now to get animes of Horny Elf and Gentleman Orc or whatever it's called. Or his other super cute series.

There's no "problem" since this will forever remain a matter of taste. Some people love it, some don't.
I think there is a strong argument to be made that low framerate 3D animation generally doesn't play well with the brain (or at least some) compared to the equivalent 2D. Perhaps a matter of tolerance rather than taste. ;)

Shirobako - Completed

Really amazing anime. So glad I watched this based on you guy's recommendations. Definitely gave me a new perspective on what the production process is like for creating anime.

Cornbread78

Fuuka ep. END, like kill it with FIRE, like dead!
I won't bother making this a rant post, since all the damage was really done last week. The last episode was just visualization of the garbage direction they wanted to give the anime adaptation. There were some cute moments buried in here, but it was waaay too contrived to be truly heartfelt.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fuuka ep. END, like kill it with FIRE, like dead!
I won't bother making this a rant post, since all the damage was really done last week. The last episode was just visualization of the garbage direction they wanted to give the anime adaptation. There were some cute moments buried in here, but it was waaay too contrived to be truly heartfelt.

The fact that the author (Kouji Seo) managed to troll people by averting his own troll is like some Master Level troll shit.

Fuuka - Completed

So Fuuka, despite being the most selfish character in the series, gets everything she ever wanted.

Fuck this show.

If it makes you feel any better, the Fuuka that the series is actually named after has done way more asshole-ish things and gotten away with it, and Fuuka Akitsuki never did anything even remotely selfish or assholish at any point in the entire source material.

Line_HTX

I take it that Diomedia and Studio 3Hz should not adapt anything again?

Or did Diomedia get worked into a shoot in the biggest switcheroo ever?
I still know nothing about wrestling terms.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I mean, it's honestly impressive. He can't be unaware of his reputation at this point. He has to be feeding into it.

Did they just cut off the entire part where Yuu turned to be the best singer in the entire world and got be the lead singer? That was pretty stupid too.

Diomedea as a studio shouldn't be blamed for any changes made to the narrative of the Fuuka anime adaptation, especially since in this case we have explicit statements that it was the producer at Kodansha and Seo himself who pushed for the alterations.

Angry Grimace

If you're not familiar with Seo, consider that he just ran an arc in the manga where Fuuka Akitsuki's clone appeared (seriously; to the point nobody could distinguish them) and Yuu got all conflicted because he was on the cusp of hooking up with Fuuka Aoi and then Aoi gets all upset by a misunderstanding of a conversation she heard like 2 sentences of and then abandons the main band to join a rival band in the middle of a scheduled concert by the main band (e.g. they're standing there in front of a crowd without one of their singers, although Yuu is also one of the main vocalists). Then Yuu goes to the rival show and gets Aoi back and it turns out the fake-Akitsuki is actually just an obsessed Akitsuki fan who dresses like her and plans to steal Akitsuki's ex-boyfriend as part of her plan to assimilate Akitsuki's life.

Nobody gets mad at the stalker; she leaves on good terms. Aoi receives no repurcussions at all from this beyond the band tells her that it wasn't nice and immediately following this, Yuu hooks up with her.

You would probably be shocked at how much Koyuki manages to lose in the source material also (
she gets rejected at least 5 times; the last time she legitimately begged Yuu to have no-consequences sex with her and offered to be his secret mistress
). Changing the anime to cut out all of the fun parts is just part of Seo's trolling.

Line_HTX

I've heard of his work, but this is the first time seeing it in action. Some people in another thread told me that Fuuka was supposed to be "a whole another level" even for Seo. I've never seen Suzuka.

Angry Grimace

I've heard of his work, but this is the first time seeing it in action. Some people in another thread told me that Fuuka was supposed to be "a whole another level" even for Seo. I've never seen Suzuka.

At one point, the main character of one of his previous series thought "premature ejaculation" was a form of gum disease.

Line_HTX

Diomedea as a studio shouldn't be blamed for any changes made to the narrative of the Fuuka anime adaptation, especially since in this case we have explicit statements that it was the producer at Kodansha and Seo himself who pushed for the alterations.

I saw that ANN headline, but I didn't read the content because I didn't watch 10 and 11 yet. I remember seeing the official Twitter account make a couple of statements on it a day after 10 was aired.

Szadek

Princess Precure- Ep. 48-50
Awesome finally for a really great anime.
My only complain was that the fight itself wasn't that great, but Close saved the day in that regard.

Pretty much every character gets closure, no matter how minor thier are, which is very impressive.
Really like the post credit scene were they are all grown ups.

As for the anime as a whole: I love it.
Not every fight scene was great, but most them were really fucking good.

The entire cast is fantastic.
From the Cures (Kirara best girl) , to the villains (which get a supsring amount of development) and even the supporting cast.
Even the plot was great, which isn't that common for a magical girl show.

Now, do I like this season more than Heartcatch?
I really don't know. It's really fucking close, so I will call it tie for now.
Smile is at the bottom for sure, but I still really like it.

Currenty I'm planning to watch Fresh next and than Suite, unless someone has a better recommendation.
I'm already watching Kirakira and watched a few epsidoe of S1 with my gf.

Also, best fights in the series I have seen so far:
3. Cure Flora vs Close
2. Cure Beauty vs Joker
1. Everyone vs Dune

KraytarJ

Considering Diomedia just did Girlish Number last season, I can't exactly say it's fair to push all the shit with Fuuka onto them.

Ascheroth

If I know one thing, then it's that Seo works are better experienced by reading reactions of those reading/watching them than actually doing that to yourself.

I haven't read/watched anything Seo and reading Fuuka reactions/summaries/meltdowns is comedy gold.

kewlmyc

Seo is the only author I can think of where he made a harem, then made separate from the main story side chapters of the MC taking each one of their virginity.

Not sure if I'm impressed or disgusted.

When it was popular I used to amuse myself reading /a/ threads about it and how much anger, wailing and gnashing of teeth it caused among the readers.

Dude, some of my fondest memories are reading through threads on /a/ with each new chapter of Good Ending.

God those were some fun times.

duckroll

I think there is a strong argument to be made that low framerate 3D animation generally doesn't play well with the brain (or at least some) compared to the equivalent 2D. Perhaps a matter of tolerance rather than taste. ;)

We're talking about anime viewers. What brain?

Narag

Brave Witches 5

This ep was about the gentle rabbit eared Shimohara who lacked confidence and thought she was only useful cooking meals

...and also useful as a survivalist after they got stranded because she's an expert. Sure, why not?

Narag

Why are so many people watching Fuuka if it's so bad? Was Suzuka amazing or something?

• Those in the know: lol there's a big twist about this show
  • Idiots: oh boy oh boy no one tell me i love twists
  • A special twist that isn't what they expected
  • Seo: (laughs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom