• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I already don't like having to pay a higher price for Prime even though I never use their streaming service. Then forcing an extra payment when their Amazon originals are included with prime is ridiculous.

Uh, does the Amazon anime streaming service at least have dub/sub options? Does it have anything worth it?

I love Chi's Sweet Home, but 5 bucks a month for it seems bad to me.

Line_HTX

So my understanding is that I will pay extra for this service when I COULD HAVE had those episodes for free if I had Prime? A sub within a sub?

Yeah, no, fuck you Amazon US. Talk about making Prime completely worthless.

I guess I'll never watch The Great Passage now...

kewlmyc

yup. I don't want to spoil anything though...

You confused me since
you said "not introduced yet" but Zavied's already been introduced into the plot, he just isn't traveling with the gang yet. And you mentioned "several party members" even though there's really only Zavied left. Wasn't sure what you were referring to.

But yeah, They ended the first anime season at the 1/3 part of the story so not sure what they're going to do from here on out.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
I wondered why Great Passage didn't show up last season on amazon. Really, fuck you amazon. No reason this needs to be separate from prime, at least them current shit.

Cornbread78

You confused me since
you said "not introduced yet" but Zavied's already been introduced into the plot, he just isn't traveling with the gang yet. And you mentioned "several party members" even though there's really only Zavied left. Wasn't sure what you were referring to.

But yeah, They ended the first anime season at the 1/3 part of the story so not sure what they're going to do from here on out.

Trying to be cryptic and unspecific, lol.

Let's put it this way. Even a country like India which just got Prime Video recently, wins here. I don't know what Amazon is doing at all.

giphy.gif

Clov

Sentai retweeted a video of that Fate musou game, and they mentioned that "a surprise is coming". I wonder if they finally got around to grabbing Carnival Phantasm?

Does Amazon actually stream Scums Wish anywhere? Can't find it on German Prime. Maybe they plan to introduce their new "service" in Germany as well.

Wow, Strike should just be a part of the Prime streaming. At the very least it should be a standalone option, but including it as a sub within a sub seems silly. Guess I'll just stick with a free trial for Great Passage.

The whole point of offering a service like this is to making it convenient so that people no longer use "alternative" means of watching these shows.

Amazon dun goofed.

Imagine paying that to watch Attack on Train.

Funnily enough, Battery and Kabaneri are on the regular service, it doesn't appear as though Strike will be necessary for either title. At least for now, maybe they're going to change that.

Same seems like the same will apply to Ronja next week.

Will that Amazon thing apply only to the US version? I've been considering getting Prime Video once I have money coming in.

It wouldn't make a lot of sense to have an anime only channel in most countries where there's only Prime Video.

Then again, it doesn't make any sense anyway :p

mAcOdIn

Dudes and dudettes, they made a Sadako(The Ring) versus Kayako(Ju-on) crossover movie? That's gonna be amazingly stupid. Can't wait. It's like the East's Freddy versus Jason.

Cornbread78

Choas;Child ep.1
Well, that was 48 mins of my extended lunch that I can never get back now. WTF was any of that nonsense? They started with the same nonsense as they did with Occultic;Nine, just at a slower pace. The first half was in a different POV that the second half and neither of them made much sense at all. Well, at least the 2nd half was normally structured to introduce characters, but.....

uuggh. WTF was this?

Joe Molotov

Choas;Child ep.1
Well, that was 48 mins of my extended lunch that I can never get back now. WTF was any of that nonsense? They started with the same nonsense as they did with Occultic;Nine, just at a slower pace. The first half was in a different POV that the second half and neither of them made much sense at all. Well, at least the 2nd half was normally structured to introduce characters, but.....

uuggh. WTF was this?

Did you watch Chaos;Head? You should watch Chaos;Head.

upupupupu

Choas;Child ep.1

uuggh. WTF was this?

The first half was just a recap of Chaos;Head. Since Child is a sequel, it pretty much was needed to hit all the relevant previous background and story beats. I enjoyed it a ton since it got me all nostalgic from when I played the VN (they even included the box scene!), but standalone it probably wasn't anything that great.

But even then, this 20 minute recap was already several times better than the Madhouse's Chaos;Head adaptation. Just avoid that like the plague.

Cornbread78

The first half was just a recap of Chaos;Head. Since Child is a sequel, it pretty much was needed to hit all the relevant previous background and story beats. I enjoyed it a ton since it got me all nostalgic from when I played the VN (they even included the box scene!), but standalone it probably wasn't anything that great.

But even then, this 20 minute recap was already several times better than the Madhouse's Chaos;Head adaptation. Just avoid that like the plague.

It confused the crap out of me because it was just a ton of screens thrown together. I guess I would have had to play the VN and/or watched Chaos;Head for it to make sense...

Scum's Wish 01

when the anime gets way too real

I got very uncomfortable watching this show. Probably because I had a very similar relationship in H.S (although I wasn't thirsty for a teacher, and you can tell this blond guy is going to get abusive and take advantage of her...) But yeah, this show was something else...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom