• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.
CHAOS;CHILD Episode 1 – Chaos;Head \ Digital Native

It feels like it tries to be creepy which kind of works at times, probably more so in the episode 0 than here since youre already primed for the type of series, however the whole room situation was a bit intense and scary.

So I watched the first episode Scum's Wish.

I'm not really sure where that story can go to be honest. Either the leads fall in love (boring and predictable), or they do the crazy thing and try to break up the actually happy couple.

Cornbread78

I'm not really sure where that story can go to be honest. Either the leads fall in love (boring and predictable), or they do the crazy thing and try to break up the actually happy couple.

Well, they did make that promise to address that.

Marginal #4 Episode 1
C2AR325VEAAibE9.jpg:small
C2AR326UoAAx-Ep.jpg:small

Well this feels different probably because it high schoolers and their actually trying to have a regular school life and also just made their debut. I liked their plan a school club theme for the episode.

Nomura L is the best.
C2ASbX8WgAA3bmO.jpg:small

Qurupeke

Scum's Wish 1
The show looked pretty nice, despite some stuff that I didn't like much on its visual department. A lot of questionable stuff on its premise, but honestly I thought it was cool at presenting a teen romance in a more twisted way. Found the fact they agreed on not doing sex, but still doing what's basically just before the act, pretty funny, it's like those anime that can't show teenagers drinking alcohol and then they get drunk on soda and juice.

SUPER LOVERS 2 Episode 1 – In the Pink
C2AhihwWIAU-VZL.jpg:small
C2Ah3m9XUAEIpKJ.jpg:small

Wholesome good episode with Haru looking even better than ever.

If only the doorbell had gone off at the worst possible time and also if Haru hadnt said Ren's trigger words.

Coffee scene was great, he even had to stand on the chair.
C2AduYcWIAAJ1Kt.jpg:small

ChaoS;Child 01

WHAT'S IN FUCKING THE BOX!?

I'll give it this at the very least they've got me interested in what's going on and have set up the atmosphere just right to keep things going. This'll be one I'm looking forward to each week.

Scum's Wish - 01

Incredibly weird, shitty and toxic relationship. One that although sad to admit, feels realistic enough in the society that we live in. They are basically... replacements with consent. They have a physical and somewhat emotional bond that exists only to satiate the feelings they have for both of their unrequited loves. This is some interesting stuff though, since we are used to seeing romances in anime through rose tinted glasses all the time. This is very adult so that seinen label is very fitting. Curious to see where these two kids go, and whether they will step low enough as to ruin the other two's relationship.

someone help I can't stop thinking about Diamond is Unbreakable.

i can't stop thinking about what a fantastic villain Kira is.

i can't stop listening to Queen songs.

i can't stop thinking about how utterly perfect the bites za dusto and finale episodes were and i'm someone who's never read the jojo manga.

help.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker

i can't stop thinking about how utterly perfect the bites za dusto and finale episodes were and i'm someone who's never read the jojo manga.

help.

We'll let Happy Science help you.

Cornbread78

Fate S/N UBW ep.00

Rin, Rin, and more Rin. This show is a freakin' looker, that's for sure....

Aside from that, there was a cool battle towards the end and I look forward to more of that out of this series. I'll probably watch this one very slowely, like I am with Dennou Coil...

Cornbread78

Masamune's Revenge ep.2
Yeah, that was pretty funny. This show is efinaty going to be fun to watch as he will keep failing over and over again.

Masamune Kun's Revenge 1

That was pretty good. The box cutter scene was hilarious. All the guys so far seem to have some serious issues they need to address.

I cant wait to see how the MC will ignore all the other really awesome girls and end up with the lead girl with the shitty personality.

Aki-at

help.

Have you bought Great Days and use it as your morning music as you go to work to amp you for the day?

Because then you really need help.

Help me :(

Pokemon Sun & Moon 10

I dunno guys I think my least favorite part of this show might be the actual battorus

pictures tell me I should watch Masamune Kun's Revenge

WILDLY inferior tsun-tsun with boxcutters. She should be embarrassed to even exist in the same league.

Fate S/N UBW ep.00

Rin, Rin, and more Rin. This show is a freakin' looker, that's for sure....

Aside from that, there was a cool battle towards the end and I look forward to more of that out of this series. I'll probably watch this one very slowely, like I am with Dennou Coil...

First time watcher, eh? Awesome.

speaking of fate/zero, is narag doing a death contract for backlog shows again?

i know this year for me is fate/zero and penguindrum at least. maybe Onii-sama e and Seeya Later Despair Teacher too

Only good Fate show.

I liked... Fate...Stay Night...

Not as much as Zero, but...

Now I feel bad...

It's in the title - there is zero Fate in it. Hence it is good.

Ah. I see. That's how that works.

Fate zero is dangerous because it makes you think "oh wow that was awesome, let me watch some more"

And then sex dolphins and sex dragons

Not gonna lie, last part sounds interesting. Lol.

Dunno why they did that but it really doesn't drag the show down... Didn't Ufotable take out all the sex in their version?

ill be the judge of that, at some point

We shall see!

speaking of fate/zero, is narag doing a death contract for backlog shows again?

i know this year for me is fate/zero and penguindrum at least. maybe Onii-sama e and Seeya Later Despair Teacher too

Pretty sure he said he quit doing that because he didn't have the time to keep track of it anymore IIRC.

kewlmyc

Scum's Wish 01

What a deplorable relationship. I can see why people are finding it uncomfortable to watch. I like it for the most part, though the make out scenes with her crying were kinda hard to watch. Interested to see where it goes from here. Hopefully it's more interesting that "they slowly fall in love with each other."

If the OP and ED are anything to go off of, they're just going to add more girls to complicate everything.

Sterok

Masamune-kun's Revenge 2

Prime example of a guy who needs to just take what he can get and not shoot for the stars. It's okay to take the easy route sometimes. Yoshino is amusing, so I'll continue with this.

Zestiria - 07-08

A few differences from the game but overall the anime continues to follow the main plotline. I have to agree though, with only 4 episodes to go we are still around where I stopped playing. They are taking their time telling this story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom