• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Takao

Banned
I found something Medarot Damashii/Medabots Season 3 is good at, being my avatar. It's from the OP which is shonen as fuck. Outside of the Bond homage it's kind of janky in terms of animation. I suppose it was a warning of what had yet to come.

jgminto

Cuticle Detective Inaba feels like a Seth Macfarlane show but more yaoi. The rapid fire of jokes produces a few genuinely hilarious gags but most end up falling flat. If my time was valuable I probably wouldn't waste it watching Cubicle Detective Inaba. But I can think of worse ways to spend 20+ minutes.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Bad choice of words. I should have said it has barely any animation!

Actually I don't wanna come off too hard on Kobayashi. I thought his Panty and Stocking episode was great! His style just added nothing to Gurren Lagann.
It was an odd fit for the GL artstyle and may have not been a good fit at all but it was blown out of proportion by tasteless 2ch dorks and all.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Remember the first three episodes of Gurren Lagann and how it looked totally amazing? Remember episode four with the derpfaces and the awful animation and the dumb script that 7th defends to death because he sucks on Osamu Kobayashi's dick? This is what Smile Precure 45 feels like, except with Kobayashi replaced by a disease called Toeirunningoutofmoneyitis.
I only watched one episode of GL, so... I dunno. lol

But man, you didn't like that cliffhanger ending? I thought it was so crazy that it became crazy good. lol

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
It was an odd fit for the GL artstyle and may have not been a good fit at all but it was blown out of proportion by tasteless 2ch dorks and all.
Nerds being nerds aside, Akai should have known better than to call them rectums. :(
I only watched one episode of GL, so... I dunno. lol

But man, you didn't like that cliffhanger ending? I thought it was so crazy that it became crazy good. lol
I'm hyped for next week if that's what you are asking.

Articalys

Looks like this month's Newtype is confirming that the anime for the second Monogatari season set of novels will be starting in July and will be 2 cours, as expected.
6DCvP.jpg

Dammit Shaft

Just release Kizumonogatari before the anime. This is getting ridiculous. I already felt like Neko Kuro was hurt by releasing so out of order compared to Bake and Nise. Kizu is gonna feel completely out of place if it airs after the second season starts.
It's only natural for people to have different favorites. I just wish there wasn't so much Chinatsu hate.
dkECQ.png
Who could hate Chinatsu? She is quite the little firecracker.

Nice avatar btw. I must have seen it dozens of times on GAF, but I didn't recognize it until a few hours ago. Kyoko is truly in the top tier of comedy characters.

Milamber

Let's do a page breakdown...

Bakemonogatari : 846 pages, 15 episodes
Nisemonogatari : 644 pages, 11 episodes

Nekomonogatari Black : 324 pages, 4 episodes

Nekomonogatari White : 291 pages
Kabukimonogatari : 341 pages
Hanamonogatari : 271 pages
Otorimonogatari : 283 pages
Onimonogatari : 275 pages
Koimonogatari : 279 pages

26 EPISODES!!! (I hope)

EDIT: Kizumonogatari : 372 pages, 1 movie (whenever)

wonzo

Banned
rip kizumonogatari. i'll never forget the preview clip at the beginning of bake or that weird trailer *pours 40*

duckroll

Neko Whitemonogatari : 291 pages

26 EPISODES!!! (I hope)

It says right there in the scan that the second season is going to cover 6 books in 2 cours. So yeah, you're right.

How many episodes is a "cour"? I only heard the word for the first time like a week and a half ago.

Neko Whitemonogatari : 291 pages

26 EPISODES!!! (I hope)

About 1740 pages for season 2 if you add from Neko Shiro to Koimonogatari. It is a tight fit compared to Bake, but that just means less pointless crap if they want to cover each book well. Maybe 4 episodes per book...

Yeah, it could work so long as they don't drown us in twelve minute siscon segments and toothbrushes.
It was all downhill after the Bakemono ending. RIP.
It really does feel that way. I'm just watching for the random moments when it approaches Bake(the kidnapping, Kaiki and Onmyouji bits in Nise) or for palatable comedy(Ah, don't ever change, Kanbaru).

Maedhros

Speaking of Tamako Market, when will KyoAni ever break out from the highschool girl genre? They clearly can do more wonderful things in other genres given by their talents and also when will we ever see a animated kiss scene from them? I've never seen any kiss scene from every KyoAni show I watch.

They will never stop doing slice of life shows, if that's what you want. They'll be forever stuck with this character design type and genre.

Articalys

Ah yeah, didn't mention the 2 cours thing since I thought it had been confirmed earlier by Shinbo, just the confirmed airing date was new. Sorry.

duckroll

Lol. Still no Umakoshi in Saint Seiya Omega credits through to episode 43. RIP. I guess working on ep20 and then ep27 immediately after took its toll on him.

Westlo

Dammit Shaft

Just release Kizumonogatari before the anime. This is getting ridiculous. I already felt like Neko Kuro was hurt by releasing so out of order compared to Bake and Nise. Kizu is gonna feel completely out of place if it airs after the second season starts.

They still might do that but it means absolutely nothing to us because we'll have to wait 6 months for it to hit BD/DVD. Nise and Neko Black were both hurt by us not having seen Kizu, scenes like Shinobu talking in Episode 4 of Nise mean a lot more if you know your Kizu... otherwise it's "Oh the loli finally talked.. lol pedobait fanservice". (of course it's this as well)

Oh well fuck it... Kabukimonogatari in August, can't fucking wait.

About 1740 pages for season 2 if you add from Neko Shiro to Koimonogatari. It is a tight fit compared to Bake, but that just means less pointless crap if they want to cover each book well. Maybe 4 episodes per book...

I can already see Koimonogatari being 4 OVA episodes after the airing of Zen, sorta like original Bake + OreNo, it's Aniplex after all.... and
Kaiki da gawd
is going to own that shit.

Yeah, it could work so long as they don't drown us in twelve minute siscon segments and toothbrushes.

The toothbrush thing actually provoked discusision, it's better then all the shit they cut out of Nise 2. Why do you think 1 book got 7 episodes and the other Nise got 4?

It really does feel that way. I'm just watching for the random moments when it approaches Bake(the kidnapping, Kaiki and Onmyouji bits in Nise) or for palatable comedy(Ah, don't ever change, Kanbaru).

Bake is not that consistently great either, I guess it doesn't have as many lows as Nise and Neko Black... Kizu + Kabuki blow it out the water, though I might be biased to a certain character.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Who could hate Chinatsu? She is quite the little firecracker.
I have seen a number of venomous AnimeGAF posts about her. I guess her stronger personality picks up a certain amount of ire.
They will never stop doing slice of life shows, if that's what you want. They'll be forever stuck with this character design type and genre.
Hyouka isn't slice of life.

wonzo

Banned
chinatsu's like the least worst yuru so i don't get why people would hate on her.

Lol. Still no Umakoshi in Saint Seiya Omega credits through to episode 43. RIP. I guess working on ep20 and then ep27 immediately after took its toll on him.
first kizu and now this, truly sad times we live in. may tamako market deliver us from this evil.

Jintor

I never really clicked with the YuruYuri cast really, but it's still an okay show to kind of half-watch while you do something else

A sequence of 10-14 episodes, usually 12 or 13. Different than a season which would be comprsed of 2 or more cours.

The fuck? What is it, then, a story arc? Half a story arc that's still self-contained?

BluWacky

The fuck? What is it, then, a story arc? Half a story arc that's still self-contained?

Nope, it's just a three month set of episodes. You don't have to do a story arc in that period or anything like that - it's just that the Japanese TV year is divided in four, with new programmes starting every four months (January/April/July/October), and that's what they call each quarter.

If it bothers you, just keep calling shows "13 episodes long" or whatever. It means the same thing as "1 cour".

Milamber

How many episodes is a "cour"? I only heard the word for the first time like a week and a half ago.

Mind you there are pages upon pages in the books where there are text style symbolism that go on and on.

Nekomonogatari:Black light novel had like 4 pages straight of nothing but...

JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE!

Milamber

SHAFT so busy for 2013 alone...

Sasami-san@Ganbaranai
Zenmongatari 2nd season
Kizumonogatari movie
Gekijouban Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica 3rd movie
Magical Suite Prism Nana

They still might do that but it means absolutely nothing to us because we'll have to wait 6 months for it to hit BD/DVD. Nise and Neko Black were both hurt by us not having seen Kizu, scenes like Shinobu talking in Episode 4 of Nise mean a lot more if you know your Kizu... otherwise it's "Oh the loli finally talked.. lol pedobait fanservice". (of course it's this as well)
I just assumed that Shinobu was strong enough to talk or something. I seriously had no clue why she started talking lol. Neko Kuro just got the worst shaft of all since Tsubasa cat spilled the beans on a lot of Hanekawa's thoughts prematurely.
Oh well fuck it... Kabukimonogatari in August, can't fucking wait.
Indeed
I can already see Koimonogatari being 4 OVA episodes after the airing of Zen, sorta like original Bake + OreNo, it's Aniplex after all.... and
Kaiki da gawd
is going to own that shit.
More greed and ominousness plz and thanks.
The toothbrush thing actually provoked discusision, it's better then all the shit they cut out of Nise 2. Why do you think 1 book got 7 episodes and the other Nise got 4?
Yeah, I have no clue what they cut out. It must have been bad for the toothbrush to stand on top. I like discussion, but I'm not so sure that the scene added to anything except the number of passwords on my computer and locks on my door lol.
Bake is not that consistently great either, I guess it doesn't have as many lows as Nise and Neko Black... Kizu + Kabuki blow it out the water, though I might be biased to a certain character.
I can't wait. Those are the shinobu arcs, aren't they? I expect great things from her. Shaft needs to give us Kizu already...
Mind you there are pages upon pages in the books where there are text style symbolism that go on and on.

JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE!
Pretty ridiculous, but I guess that sells. I'd love to get my hands on official english versions of these novels, but I have a feeling subs and translations are the closest we'll get.
Whys the newtype scan for Zen have a long haired Senjouhara anyway?
Does she grow back the hair or is that just false advertisement?
When does her book start in season 2? I was under the impression that it was one of the later books which would explain why she still sports the HS look in the introduction to the second season.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE! JUST DIE!
So PoMo.

I'm hyped for next week if that's what you are asking.
:kayos :(

wonzo

Banned
Sakurasou 12

sakupet12.jpg

Never before has a Kinect game been so wahjah and on such a large scale. Not that it matters as it looks like the Kansai girl now has a fall-back option for when she inevitably gets rejected. I'm sure he too will eventually get swooned away by an incredibly well endowed nudist to keep the great :kanna tradition going for future generations of rom-coms.

Westlo

SHAFT so busy for 2013 alone...

Magical Suite Prism Nana

You can take that off the list, all they did was the 7 PVs for it, even if it eventually gets an anime we won't see it anytime soon, late 2014 at best.

And after what happened to Kizu when SHAFT actually had to produce animation worthy of a cinema release, I think it's safe to knock Madoka 3rd back to 2014...

So new list of SHAFT doing fuck all compared to what they used to.

Sasami-san@Ganbaranai
Zenmongatari 2nd season
Kizumonogatari movie (if we're lucky)

I just assumed that Shinobu was strong enough to talk or something. I seriously had no clue why she started talking lol. Neko Kuro just got the worst shaft of all since Tsubasa cat spilled the beans on a lot of Hanekawa's thoughts prematurely.

The Araragai and Kissshot dynamic is pretty intriguing, it's just... sigh you're going to be seeing such an extreme showing off that in Kabuki without knowing how it all came to be.

and yeah the cat got screwed.

Yeah, I have no clue what they cut out. It must have been bad for the toothbrush to stand on top. I like discussion, but I'm not so sure that the scene added to anything except the number of passwords on my computer and locks on my door lol.

It gave us gifs man!

I can't wait. Those are the shinobu arcs, aren't they? I expect great things from her. Shaft needs to give us Kizu already...

Yeah, there's another one too....

When does her book start in season 2? I was under the impression that it was one of the later books which would explain why she still sports the HS look in the introduction to the second season.

Looking at the covers will you tell you when... but we got Nisio'd and for the better imo lol.

mAcOdIn

So, Escaflowne.

I'm about 8 episodes in and i'm pretty bored. The main trio of characters is pretty boring and i don't care for any of them. All the interesting things about the setting also pretty much disappeared or are ignored.
I hear you. I hated Escaflowne.

Dresden

Sakurasou 12

Never before has a Kinect game been so wahjah and on such a large scale. Not that it matters as it looks like the Kansai girl now has a fall-back option for when she inevitably gets rejected. I'm sure he too will eventually get swooned away by an incredibly well endowed nudist to keep the great :kanna tradition going for future generations of rom-coms.
Reminded me more of those Precure movie things where little girls wave around plastic miracle lights. Kirito truly is a shit game designer.

Westlo

So I hear that the Newtype scan is fake? Makes sense since Hitagi has long hair, makes sense since it has
Hitagi
... lol.

wonzo

Banned
Reminded me more of those Precure movie things where little girls wave around plastic miracle lights. Kirito truly is a shit game designer.
To think he'd gone from playing Cave STG's to developing shitty motion games. What a waste... I weep for future generations of game development.

punpun10.png

Milamber

So I hear that the Newtype scan is fake? Makes sense since Hitagi has long hair, makes sense since it has
Hitagi
... lol.

Scan said that the 7th of May will show a 2 minute "trailer" of the second season. Don't know what you're on about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom