• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurita

Rich Man, Poor Woman 4
Great episode overall. Sawaki/Makoto keeps being awesomely cute and Hyuga was a boss.
The ending was predictable but still, poor Sawaki.

Noirulus

What is this japanese mayo you people speak of and more importantly, how does it differ from normal mayo?

Edit: Not sure if there's some pictorial context i'm missing because my phone is set to images off.

Naruto SD 40
tumblr_mgaxupQLl51qgb3d4o1_r1_500.gif

Really hilarious episode at times though it still showed the animators are trying to force their NaruHina agenda on us, which is a bit disappointing
really we didnt need to see her even kiss Naruto, thankfully it was a Neji hallucination
, though the episode did give good material for a Naruto x Neji thing. The ultimate game of life was hilarious with its commentary, like poor Yamato wont have any speaking role even this year!

Ah and it also had pet Kyuubi in this which was nice, cause it kind of echoed some good pet Kyuubi arts that have come up these last few days.
tumblr_mfrf3mRmvm1qgzmcxo8_250.gif

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
While it was an admirable run, you should probably come to terms with the endgame pairing which will be NarutoxHinata. :p

fertygo

Reading first five volume of Wandering Son's manga will enhancing the experience, if you guys that watch the anime in backlog season interested.

==========

Kara no Kyoukai : Paradox Spiral (rewatch)

Man, this even more amazing by each time you rewatch it, this maybe the 4th or 5th I watch it and its just getting better. The smoothness of pacing is unbelievable considering how unconventional the storytelling that they use here. Talking about the storytelling, its remind me to that Fincher or Nolan use in their movie..

Ufotable seem have staff that full of curiosity to put unusual stuff in anime for their work, not just for visual (I know some of you loathe their CG shaky cam n such lol) but also in directing method, its show on this movie.. Its keep moving back and forth then somehow building awesome climax. Truly well done.

CorvoSol

you should accustomed top the "WHAT" by now ...

Ah ah ah

your journey is not over yet ..don't forget to check the movie for more "WHAT" & "WHY" moments

Snap. Gotta see it!

The Nadesico TV show was sequelled by a movie, though it's in a bit of a weird, tonally different place - annoyingly, there's some not-in-English multimedia works which cover a not-insignificant chunk of events between the end of the TV show and the start of the movie.

Nuuuuts. Guess I'll be hitting up wikis.

Crunchyroll got Vividred Operation

VIVIDRED OPERATION – the latest original title from A-1 Pictures joins the slate and is set to broadcast every Sunday starting on January 13, at 7:00 am Pacific Time for premium members. Free members will be able to view one week after initial broadcast on Crunchyroll.

A mix of science fiction and friendship, VIVIDRED OPERATION is directed by Kazuhiro Takamura who previously helmed Strike Witches. The series also features voice acting from Aya Uchida (Kiddy girl-AND, YuruYuri) and rising star Ayane Sakura (Joshiraku, Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imoto ga Iru!).

VIVIDRED OPERATION will be available to the following Crunchyroll audiences: U.S., Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, and South Africa.

The series page will be up soon at www.crunchyroll.com/vividred

cajunator

Banned
Yep, that looks like a ninja to me.

I cant really think of a good example of a ninja catgirl in anime. Some videogames have a few I'm pretty sure. They are pathetically under represented in anime.

The preliminary sales rankings for Dec. 31 - Jan. 6 are out, but there's no new releases of any kind, so I'll just post the updated Fall temporal chart. Only real changes are a few boosts here and there, and Little Busters moving ahead of TLRD into 4th place:

We're still missing the full list from last week, though, which should be able to place Busou and Oniai, and give a small boost to Kamisama.

Note that Chuunibyou got a big bump because the cumulative BD total from this week also includes the sales from last week that were below the cutoff and thus invisible until now.

Lots of things selling well, which is good. Lots of bad things selling well, which is awful.

Don't let something like that stop you, or you'll never watch anime again.

So true. You should not be ashamed of Madoka. Tell your sister to shut the hell up and watch the movie, and let it speak for itself. The other option is to buy a Madoka dakimakura and hug it while defending the show.

Yeah, here's the actual thing:

64ngI.png

That is a TERRIBLE pokemon design.

Sakurasou 13:

At least Ano Natsu had a protagonist who wasn't completely fucking clueless. >_> Basically all this shit screams "We're draggin' this out for another 12 episodes, so we gotta make sure the protagonist doesn't realize shit and remains a dumbass."

Misaki still wins though. Because Misaki. Yes.

Misakis tend to be best girls, so this is no surprise!

Wandering Son is a great show and I ended up enjoying it a lot. Everyone should give it a shot regardless of whether you feel like you can relate to the material or not.

But holy hell those screens just reminded me how much I hate the way it looks. The shiny heads that look like they're made of plastic or something, the excessive bloom that makes it look like there's a nuke going off in the distance in every scene, the backgrounds that sometimes look like they just never bothered to finish, the N64-looking fog, among other things. I'm aware that the intended effect is to make everything look somewhat wispy and ethereal but instead they just made it look utterly unsavory and, honestly, kinda crap.

It absolutely is a testament to how compelling the story and characters are that I managed to power through the unsightly visual presentation and keep watching in spite of it.

The look of that show is...you could call it ephemeral. Very soft, very relaxed colorization. It reminds me heavily of the atmosphere that Someday's Dreamers artwork gives off. Very pastel and bright. That art is what caught my eye about the show in the first place.

I dunno, it might be pretty good. I'd like to try it.

Ultimadrago

Nichijou (rewatch) 4

Ahh yes, the episode that proves that Mai is absolutely the queen of trolls.

Dude. I think she's
a queen/prankster from a foreign planet brought down to Earth at high school age in order to show Earth the path of the "troll".
That's not to mention her forte in traditional Japanese themes! Mai did her studying...

Thats all the mayo hes putting on? Weak
ilQAhSgtHYlYp.png

Oh Hijikata. You so silly, etc., etc.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Dude. I think she's
a queen/prankster from a foreign planet brought down to Earth at high school age in order to show Earth the path of the "troll".
That's not to mention her forte in traditional Japanese themes! Mai did her studying...

This is most likely all absolutely true.

Why do you say that? Looks like a cute show.

Because the first thing I saw when I Googled it was this.

That pretty much tells me all I need to know about what sort of show it is. Not particularly my sort of thing.

rpmurphy

OreImo - Good End

This one came as a big surprise to me...I really enjoyed this series quite a lot! This was some of the best comedy I've seen in awhile, especially being so steeped in otaku culture. Manami's family might've been one of the highlights there...absolutely hilarious. Not to mention Kyosuke and Kirino's parents :).

It was nice to see the development of the relationships between Kirino and the rest of the main cast, plus her priceless interactions with Kuroneko (whose sister was rather adorable for the whole one episode she appeared in). I enjoyed seeing her development as far starting to terms with who she was. I also liked the portrayal of the brother/sister relationship between Kirino and Kyosuke. They gave each other a lot of crap, but in the end they were still siblings and Kyosuke still cared to do what he could to help her. That kind of reminded me of my relationship with my older sister (minus the eroge :p). As for Manami
(hhhnnnnnnngg :D)
, she was certainly a highlight in her own right. Hope to see more development in her relationship with Kyosuke in the next season.

The drama in the series felt perhaps a bit forced, but I do appreciate how they approached the subject of outsider's perception of otaku culture. At least the show didn't stay focused on the dramatic elements for too long, and ended up using it for comedic purposes anyway (particularly with Ayase and Kanako).

I watched this on Crunchyroll, but I have the DVD collection coming in so I'll be able to watch the OVA's. Also looking forward to the next season :D. Really glad I finally watched this, and wish I hadn't waited so long.
I've been wondering about Manami being the Mary Sue of this show, since if according to what people (on /a/ if they are to be believed and it's not elaborate trolling) say about the LNs (or was it the VNs?), they could easily shatter that image by revealing events in the past that led to Kyousuke and Kirino being who they are in the present.

Eh, I think it's cute. It's like a weird mix of Vulpix and a slender Growlithe. You guys are just being silly.

It's based on a fennec fox.
that will probably evolve into a fire and fighting type.
Wait a minute...Nene? Like, Nene from the Sengoku era Nene? My favorite Samurai Warriors character Nene?

...oh fuck this show.
Yes, it is based off of the same time period.
xametl.png

Im not sure what those are, but after checking google, I think you are correct.
I can only remember the first gen pokemons.

Those two are first gen Pokemon.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Kira Yamato just chilling in the top 10.

CorvoSol

Im not sure what those are, but after checking google, I think you are correct.
I can only remember the first gen pokemons.

Vulpix and Growlithe ARE first gen Pokemon.

Is Kira like, the most popular Gunda protagonist ever or something? It's been YEARS since SEED, hasn't it? How's he still so popular?

Neo C.

Ah, Morgiana. Just watched Magi ep. 13 yesterday and love her thighs! You know, unlike those toothpick ones like Sailor Moon and such.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I don't know why people are focusing on that one starter's passing resemblance to Kyubey when the far more important thing is that the Forest Spirit from Princess Mononoke is a fucking legendary Pokemon now. HOW COOL/WRONG IS THAT

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Asuna dropped down the ranks and the future mother of three is above her! Some justice at last.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom